• Published 1st Mar 2017
  • 3,181 Views, 119 Comments

Sunset Shimmer: Savior of the Future - knigsonic



Sunset Shimmer is broken, abandonded, and ends it all, but when she wakes up 100 years later, she must stop the Darkness she was supposed to defeat.

  • ...
19
 119
 3,181

Chapter 8 (edited)

Shining Armor looked up from his desk as Sunset walked through his office door. “Mission accomplished. Applejack is freed from Calamity’s hold.” She said tossing what remained of her morphlancer onto his desk adding, “Sorry about the gun. Didn’t really last me to long at the church.”

Shining Armor nodded standing up and walking towards the window. “At least you managed to turn the tide of this war... Even if it was a small bit.” He said putting his hands behind his back as she walked over beside him. “Much more than Ive done.”

Sunset put her hand onto his shoulder causing him to look at her. “Hey, you did your best against a foe that used someone you loved against you as a weapon.” She said giving a heart warming smile. Shining Armor nodded before looking down at the ground frowning as he spotted an army of demons marching forward toward their base.

“Shit! We need to get you outta here!” He said sounding the alarm. Sunset nodded running to the door only for Shining Armor to smash a window facing Canterlot open and fired a zip wire out it across the city.

“This will be much faster.” He said motioning her to get over to him. He then fired the other end into his ceiling and gave Sunset the zip wire. “Get back to Rainbow Dash and find your other friends!” He said grabbing his gun. Nodding, Sunset leapt out the window as he began firing at the ground below only to spot someone flying up at Sunset.

---------

Calamity Sparkle growled as her hoards charged at the C.O.G. base. “FIND SUNSET SHIMMER!!! AND KILL THAT BITCH!!! SHE CAN NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE DRAINING MY MAGIC!!!” She roared at them. Suddenly she heard glass shatter as she saw a zip wire fire out the top floor. “So... She thinks she can escape me from above...” She muttered before turning to one of her generals. “KEEP ATTACKING. IM GOING AFTER HER MYSELF!” She yelled before her mechanical wings unfolded and she flew into the air after her as she jumped out. Sunset continued to zip down only to spot Calamity flying up at her. Swinging herself, She leapt over the wire and planted her boots on the cable and begun grinding down as she pulled her sword out and slashed at Calamity as she reached her.

She managed to cut a strand of hair off the shedemon as she passed by and continued grinding down. Calamity stopped and noticed the strand fall before roaring in rage and causing a sword to form where her right hand was and sliced through the air causing a sword beam to appear and cut the wire as Sunset reached the building that the end of the wire shot into. Leaping to her feet, Sunset pulled out her shield as Calamity Sparkle shot down like a bullet and flew right for Sunset slashing down right as she put her shield between them. Sunset then dropped low and kicked the shedemon’s feet out from under her.

She then swung her sword at her only for Calamity to suddenly turn her right hand into a blade as well and threw them under Sunset’s blade blocking her blow before kicking the girl back and floating into the air. Sunset hissed in pain she she got a good look at her foe. Calamity Sparkle seemed to be the imperfect fusion of magic and technology as her body was partly turned into a cyborg while her face had a jagged horn in her forehead with two ethereal flaming glasses over her glowing eyes. Her skin looked like it was dripping with pure malice as a very demonic grin formed on her face.

So, this is the pathetic girl who was supposed to save this world one hundred years ago... Your nothing special.” She said as her right sword forming into an arm cannon and begun firing at Sunset. The young girl did a back flip dodging the blasts, but as she landed, she was hit in the chest knocking her to the ground. Standing up in pain, she pulled out her crossblade and flung it at Calamity’s face, scratching it over her left eye. Sunset then charged at her full of rage, unfolding her demon wings and leapt with her sword ready to slice more than the shedemon’s hair.

Calamity leapt back into the air only to watch as Sunset landed, now taller, her sword three times as big as it was with it’s blade now a double helix with the top splitting into two blades. Sunset’s skin was now blood red with her hair lit on fire, her tunic now covered in armor that covered her body down to her crotch as her pants and undershirt now pitch black. On her breasts were two symbols, the right had her cutie mark, the other what appeared to be three triangles. Finally, her face was covered in four red stripes with a purple blade like strip on her forehead as her eyes were just white orbs, filled with rage. Flapping her wings, Sunset screamed in rage as she swung her massive sword at Calamity, flinging a sword beam of pure fire at the shedemon.

Caught off guard, Calamity Sparkle was knocked out of the air and onto the roof as the transformed Sunset stepped forward, her face a mix between calm and pure rage as she took her blade with both hands and raised it above the shedemon. Calamity raised her cannon at her and fired at Sunset point blank, knocking the transformed girl back. Taking her chance, She spread her wings and flew back into the air before opening a portal. “Very well. So you have more skill than I thought. But no matter. I will defeat you soon Sunset Shimmer!” The Shedemon said before disappearing into the portal. Sunset frowned in anger and swung her sword at the portal firing another flame beam only for it to close mere milliseconds before it hit.

Slamming her blade into the ground, Sunset roared in anger only to hear the door to the roof open. Turning, she spotted Rainbow Dash walking up backwards firing at demons who had followed her up. “I COULD USE A HAND HERE!” Rainbow yelled at Sunset unaware of Sunset’s transformed state. Sunset nodded and grabbed her blade out of the building and as Rainbow backed up closer, Sunset ran past her shocking the woman from her new form. Sunset took her sword in her right hand and pulled it behind her with her left ahead as if about to ask the demons to stop. The monsters began pouring onto the roof as Sunset smiled, taking her left hand to the handle of her sword and swinging the massive blade diagonally left down, then swung it right, then left down again, each time firing a massive flame beam before leaping into the air, spinning around swinging her blade before firing a final, much larger beam at them as she landed, making sure the last thing they saw was her empty eyes before being sliced into pieces.

Rainbow watched as the dust settled and saw Sunset, transformed back to herself, standing up putting her sword and shield away before turning to the woman and sighing. “What... WAS THAT?” Rainbow asked running up to the girl. “Im... not sure... But whatever it was, Im sure Samael might know.” Sunset said panting as Rainbow led her downstairs to her bike.

--------

Samael grinned as Sunset and Rainbow Dash drove into his prison and slid to a stop before him. “So, how did your little mission go?” He said getting up and walking over to the two. Sunset reached into her pouch and pulled out the Dazzling’s still beating heart before tossing it to him. Samael grabbed the heart and put it up to his fangs about to devour it only to smell a new scent on Sunset. “Oooh Sunset Shimmer... What have you done to be COVERED in that PUUUURE Dark Magic?” He asked running up to her picking Sunset off the ground drooling at her scent.

“W-What are you... talking about?” Sunset asked trying to pull away. Samael set her down and turned towards Rainbow Dash. “You, tell me what happened when you found her after I sent you after her!” He ordered scaring the woman. “W-When I-I found her... she had just got Calamity Sparkle to leave, but... She had changed... into some kind of warrior goddess.” Rainbow said explaining in detail the form Sunset had taken.

“Hmm... I see... Sunset, mind telling me what happened in your battle with her?” He asked sitting on a statue grabbing the heart and begun devouring it. Sunset nodded and begun explaining up till her transformation. “And then after that... Its all kind of a blur...” She said shrugging. Samael scratched his chin and walked over to her, looking her over. “When she blasted you, she must of reexposed you to Dark Magic... However, since your already full of Light Magic, it mixed together to grant you that warrior like form whenever you get enraged.” He said as Rainbow pulled a can of soda out and gave Sunset a second can, saying, “That... Kinda makes sense...”

Samael grinned adding, “Yes, but we should test this theory. Sunset, why don’t you use your mind powers to read Rainbow’s mind.” Rainbow gulped as Sunset frowned and put her hand on her friend’s forehead.

---------

“Man... I can’t wait for tonight’s sleep over!” Rainbow Dash said walking into the school with Fluttershy. “Oooh, are you finally gonna ask Sunset Shimmer out?” the shy girl asked as Rainbow smiled putting her gift to Sunset in her locker. “Ya, Im sure she’s gonna say yes!” She said only for the pair’s phone’s to go off. “Its from Applejack... And its about Anon-A-Miss...” Fluttershy said with a frown as they made their way to where they were asked to meet up.

“So what’s up?” Rainbow Dash asked as the approached. “Girls... I think... Sunset is Anon-A-Miss...” Rarity said showing the pictures posted onto the MyStable account. “Wait... That... That cant be right... Why would Sunset post those pictures?” Rainbow Dash asked. “We can ask her ourselves. There she is.” Applejack said pointing at the door as Sunset entered smiling.

------

Rainbow Dash flung her locker open tears in her eyes as she took her gift out of the bag she had for it and flung it out into a trash can only for a small box to flop out of the bag falling further into the can. “Rainbow, are you ok?” Rarity asked as she reached into the can, trying to not get anything on her as she pulled out the box and opened it. “Oh my... Rainbow... who was this for?” She asked only for Rainbow Dash to slam her locker shut and turned towards Rarity.

“Just... Just take it! I don’t want to think of that back stabbing two faced shedemon BITCH EVER AGAIN!” She yelled as she stomped away muttering on how to destroy Sunset.

------

Sunset backed away as Rainbow held her head in shame. “Back Stabbing two faced SHEDEMON? YOU WERE THE ONE WHO STARTED CALLING ME THAT AGAIN?” she yelled in rage as her hair burst into flames and her skin began to turn blood red. However, Samael grabbed her and held her back as Rainbow cowered in fear. “I-Im sorry, OK? I know i did wrong, and ever since finding out how royally bad I fucked up, Ive been trying everything I could to at least honer you...” Rainbow said looking the mid-transformed girl in her fading eyes. Sunset roared in frustration as she pulled out her sword and swung at Rainbow Dash causing the woman to try to defend herself... only to slam her blade into the ground an inch from her. Rainbow looked on at the Deity standing before her as Sunset slowly transformed back to normal, her face full of anger before turning around.

“Fuck it. You didn’t put forth the effort for a hundred years, why should I care...” She said putting her blade away. All the while Samael sat back on one of the statues and laughed grimly. “So, are you ready to free another friend?” He asked. “Not yet... I have one more question... Who is Infinite?” Sunset asked her tone getting serious. Samael lunged at the girl pulling her to his face. “WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT NAME?” He roared in her face. “Some Unicorn on two feet with a mask on her face and a strange gem on her chest appeared before I fought the Dazzling’s saying her name was Infinite and mutated the girls into a three headed monster.” She said as he let her go and begun pacing around. “Noo... this is NOT good... If that dimension hoping demon is helping Calamity Sparkle, then were DOOMED!” He said in actual fear which made Sunset and Rainbow both feel uneasy.

“Infinite is a Unicorn from an alternate reality of Equestria who got trapped inbetween dimensions. She uses the power of an artifact called the ‘Phantom Ruby’ she gained from her old world to warp space and time around to her will. Many from other worlds have tried to stop her, but none have succeeded. Not even the Four Horsemen could defeat her. Infinite is a crazed pony with only one goal, to destroy every dimension in existence.” Sunset frowned slamming her fist into her palm at Samael’s speech. “in that case I better find a way to defeat Calamity Sparkle before Infinite uses her to destroy us all.” She said before turning to Rainbow Dash. “Im gonna need your bike.” She said holding out her hand for the bike’s key’s. Rainbow nodded and tossed them to her afraid to be near the girl now.

Frowning, Sunset made her way over to the bike. “Samael, who am I going after next?” Sunset asked sticking the key’s in the ignition. Samael turned pointing to the west. “Your friend Rarity is trapped in Las Pegasus’s subway system. Im sure your new abilities are gonna come in handy. But before you go, a warning. In order to get there, you will need to confront someone from your past... as well as a woman who helped in the events that started the Great Calamity...” He said clenching his fists. “Guessing you really wanted to punish her as well, right?” Sunset said with a smirk. Samael nodded as she started the bike. “Ill go meet them and get you your next heart.” She said before revving up and popping a wheelie and driving into a tunnel leading towards Las Pegasus.

Author's Note:

I was 100% going to get this ready for Sunset Shimmer day, but Im over a month late because my dad's wifi is currently out due to his house flooding, so only wifi I can use is my uncle's... who is a 3 hour walk from my place, so of course I havent been in the mood to come down here much. But Ill do you guys and gals a solid. I already have chapter 9 typed up so Ill be posting it after this in abit after this chapter gets viewed.

and yes, Sunset Shimmer now has a transformation into a sorta Fierce Deity form.