• Published 6th Feb 2017
  • 297 Views, 2 Comments

The​ ​Journal​ ​of​ ​a​ ​Fallen​ ​Star - dedragon13



Take a peak into the past, as you read the diary of Starlight Glimmer. As reviewed by Broken Quill

  • ...
 2
 297

An Interview with Twilight


“Twilight,​ ​when​ ​you​ ​first​ ​met​ ​Starlight,​ ​did​ ​you​ ​ever​ ​think​ ​that​ ​one​ ​day​ ​you​ ​would​ ​be friends”,​ ​asked​ ​the​ ​off​ ​gray​ ​pegasus​ ​stallion​ ​with​ ​a​ ​black​ ​mane,​ ​Broken​ ​Quill.​ ​Today​ ​was something​ ​he​ ​had​ ​been​ ​looking​ ​forward​ ​to​ ​for​ ​awhile,​ ​he​ ​finally​ ​had​ ​a​ ​meeting​ ​with​ ​the princess​ ​of​ ​friendship.​ ​This​ ​interview​ ​would​ ​be​ ​an​ ​amazing​ ​way​ ​to​ ​gain​ ​information​ ​on Starlight,​ ​and​ ​a​ ​closer​ ​look​ ​into​ ​how​ ​people​ ​saw​ ​her.

“No​ ​I​ ​didn’t,​ ​I​ ​don't​ ​think​ ​anyone​ ​thinks​ ​that​ ​their​ ​enemy​ ​would​ ​be​ ​their​ ​friend,​ ​it​ ​just seems​ ​impossible,”​ ​answered​ ​Twilight,​ ​“after​ ​all​ ​life​ ​is​ ​hard​ ​to​ ​predict,​ ​we​ ​never​ ​know​ ​where we​ ​are​ ​going.​ ​If​ ​you​ ​asked​ ​me​ ​3​ ​years​ ​ago​ ​if​ ​I​ ​would​ ​be​ ​a​ ​princess​ ​in​ ​3​ ​years,​ ​I​ ​would​ ​tell​ ​you you​ ​were​ ​crazy.​ ​Life​ ​throws​ ​me​ ​these​ ​type​ ​of​ ​curve​ ​balls​ ​all​ ​the​ ​time,​ ​like​ ​when​ ​I​ ​found​ ​out​ ​that I​ ​was​ ​one​ ​of​ ​the​ ​elements​ ​of​ ​harmony,​ ​I​ ​mean​ ​…”

“While​ ​your​ ​an​ ​interesting​ ​topic,Twilight,​ ​you're​ ​going​ ​off​ ​topic,​ ​we’re​ ​talking​ ​about Starlight,​ ​not​ ​you,”​ ​laughed​ ​Broken​ ​Quill,​ ​“Now,​ ​do​ ​you​ ​fear​ ​that​ ​Starlight​ ​might​ ​relapse,​ ​after​ ​all she​ ​nearly​ ​ended​ ​the​ ​whole​ ​world.”

“No,​ ​not​ ​at​ ​all,”​ ​said​ ​Twilight,​ ​happy​ ​to​ ​answer,​ ​“She​ ​has​ ​done​ ​so​ ​much​ ​to​ ​make​ ​up​ ​for her​ ​mistake,​ ​I​ ​know​ ​she​ ​wouldn’t​ ​risk​ ​hurting​ ​the​ ​ones​ ​she​ ​cares​ ​about.​ ​She​ ​fears​ ​to​ ​be abandoned,​ ​to​ ​lose​ ​us.​ ​She​ ​wouldn’t​ ​go​ ​back​ ​to​ ​her​ ​old​ ​life,​ ​I​ ​know​ ​it,​ ​I​ ​trust​ ​her.”

He​ ​was​ ​surprised,​ ​he​ ​expected​ ​her​ ​to​ ​at​ ​least​ ​have​ ​a​ ​suspicion,​ ​but​ ​this​ ​amount​ ​of trust,​ ​it​ ​was​ ​interesting.​ ​He​ ​couldn’t​ ​of​ ​hoped​ ​for​ ​more,​ ​but​ ​he​ ​still​ ​had​ ​questions,​ ​after​ ​all​ ​this was​ ​an​ ​interview.​ ​“So​ ​has​ ​Starlight​ ​told​ ​you​ ​a​ ​lot​ ​about​ ​her​ ​past,​ ​or​ ​has​ ​she​ ​kept​ ​it​ ​from​ ​you.​ ​I imagine​ ​she​ ​would​ ​have​ ​told​ ​you​ ​things​ ​that​ ​even​ ​her​ ​diary​ ​doesn’t​ ​tell​ ​me,​ ​so​ ​it​ ​would​ ​be interesting​ ​to​ ​hear​ ​them​ ​from​ ​you,​ ​so​ ​how​ ​about​ ​it.”

Twilight​ ​was​ ​taken​ ​aback,​ ​no​ ​Starlight​ ​hadn’t​ ​told​ ​her​ ​much​ ​at​ ​all,​ ​but​ ​she​ ​was​ ​sure​ ​she would​ ​tell​ ​her,​ ​right?​ ​“Not​ ​really,​ ​no,​ ​but​ ​I​ ​trust​ ​her​ ​to​ ​tell​ ​me,​ ​I​ ​know​ ​she​ ​will,”​ ​Twilight​ ​said​ ​a little​ ​too​ ​fast​ ​for​ ​true​ ​honesty.

“Really,​ ​and​ ​you​ ​trust​ ​her?​ ​You​ ​must​ ​be​ ​a​ ​great​ ​judge​ ​of​ ​character,​ ​I​ ​mean​ ​how​ ​do​ ​you trust​ ​someone​ ​you​ ​know​ ​nothing​ ​about.”​ ​‘Yes,​ ​much​ ​better​ ​then​ ​I​ ​could've​ ​ever​ ​hoped,” thought​ ​Broken​ ​Quill,​ ​‘but​ ​let's​ ​give​ ​her​ ​one​ ​more​ ​test,​ ​one​ ​more​ ​question.’​ ​“Have​ ​any​ ​of​ ​your friends​ ​told​ ​you​ ​about​ ​a​ ​lot​ ​about​ ​their​ ​past.”


“No,”​ ​Twilight​ ​said,​ ​feeling​ ​drained.​ ​Could​ ​she​ ​really​ ​trust​ ​her​ ​other​ ​elements,​ ​she​ ​didn’t know​ ​what​ ​they​ ​had​ ​done​ ​before,​ ​if​ ​they​ ​were​ ​criminals​ ​or​ ​liars​ ​,​ ​if​ ​they​ ​were​ ​just​ ​playing​ ​her. She​ ​left​ ​for​ ​her​ ​library,​ ​to​ ​think​ ​over​ ​all​ ​that​ ​she​ ​had​ ​learned​ ​today.

(G)

Comments ( 2 )

Don't you mean "deliberate?"

Login or register to comment