• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 4,225 Views, 116 Comments

Why me? - Miner

  • ...
24
 116
 4,225

A pony named Starlight... helps or does she needs help?

Third person,

The afternoon sun sets on Pony Ville as Twilight reads a book in her library enjoying a cup of coffee. She doesn't have anything important to be doing right now, so she thought she could burn the rest of the afternoon reading up on stallions. Yes, stallions. Why you ask? One word. Dusk.

It has been a few hours since Exclusives and the other stallions had their biweekly meetings in the cutie map room. It was an odd request at first, but once Dusk said that it was the only place that made them believe they were still home, she dropped the subject and agreed to his request. But that didn't stop her from asking about them. However, whenever she asked about the meetings, she was that it was just them catching up and planning some stallion time together. Whatever that means. Which is why she turns to her old friends for answers.

She turns a page when a random tap tap sound echoed in the library. Twilight looks around confused. She is the only one here and has no idea where that sound came from. She went back to her book when she heard the tap again clearer this time. It sounds like somepony or something tapping on some glass? But there is no glass in the library expect for theā€¦
Twilight turns around to see the outline of a pony standing outside the window swaying side to side trying to keep their balance. Twilight squeaks as she drops her book and moves to the window before she safely levitates the books onto a table. Satisfied, she opens window almost knocking the Mare away as she waves her forelegs hoping to get her balance again. Turns out that the strange Mare outside the window is Starlight. Before she asks her friend what she is doing out here. A more pressing matter came to mind. 'We are on the third floor. How is she up here without using her magic?'

Looking down Twilight stares in disbelief at what her panicking friend is standing on. Instead of being a reasonable pony and getting a ladder to get up to this window. Starlight had opted to make a makeshift tower of random stuff from who knows where that was on the verge of falling apart. Her tower sway back and forth moving away and toward the windowsill. Once Starlight was close enough, she jumps to the windowsill grabbing onto it with her forelegs leaving her tower to its fate going down with a mighty crash. They both let out a sigh of relief. That is until Starlight starts losing her grip crying out in terror before Twilight grabs her and pulls her inside.

Starlight falls to the library floor on her back, panting as Twilight scolds her, "Starlight, what were you thinking?!"

Starlight raises a hoof in the air, answering her, before dropping her hoof back on herself, "That I should have gone with boxes instead."

"Where did you get all that-" Twilight stops herself shaking her head, "Never mind! Why did you do that in the first place?"

Starlight gets off the floor and dusts herself off, "I have been trying to get in contact with you."

Twilight's eye twitches as she points to the door, "Why didn't you use the door!"

"You think I didn't try that!"

Taken back, Twilight calms down, "What do you mean?"


Earlier,

Starlight almost had a heart attack when she found out that her invisible charm ran out of juice shortly after Dusk left the room. Ever since the stallions had been having their secret meetings in the cutie map room. Starlight had been trying to find out what they were talking about. But without knowing how long their meeting would last, she had to create a prototype charm that would prolong the invisible spell since their meetings would sometimes take hours. Not to mention that every time they would have their meetings Dusk would check the room for anything unusual using a magic detection spell. This forced her to make the charm and sneak into the room when no pony was looking. Good thing that she was on good terms with Discord and not Butterscotch. It didn't take much to convince him to prank the stallion to ensure that she would enter the room undetected. She was going to get him a cake as an apology gift afterward. But now she wasn't too sure now.
When she entered the room, she was hoping to find out who the stallions were interested in or maybe if they wanted to stay in their Equestria. But she wasn't expecting to find out that these stallions are not from another dimension but are changelings. The same changelings that were at the castle pretending to be the manesix during Chrysalis' last invasion plan. She should have asked Thorax what became of those six changelings in hindsight. And just when things couldn't get any worse, Chrysalis has finally shown herself.

Starlight makes her way to the school of friendship. Dusk had Twilight continue her research at the school during the meeting. She would have teleported to the school but with the increase of Discord pranks. Twilight has put an anti-teleportation zone around the school and the castle. This is why she is currently running to the school labs. Halfway there, she had to help some of the students with some questions about their homework, which took about thirty minutes.

Once Starlight had helped them out, she finally got to the lab but was stopped when Sunburst exited that same room. Startle by Starlight's sudden appearance; Sunburst jumps before addressing the Mare. "Oh, Starlight, you scared me."

"Hay Sunburst. Have you seen Twilight around here?"

He taps a hoof to his chin in thought, "Can't say I have, Starlight."

"What! But, where is she? She was supposed to be right here."

"Well, she not here. Did you try her office or the castle?"

"No, and I just came from the castle. Wait, which castle? There are four."

"Canterlot castle. I think she said something about talking with Princess Celestia."

"Why didn't you say so in the first place?"

"Well, that because I am not sure if it was meeting the Princess at Canterlot or a princess coming to visit from Canterlot." Starlight facehoofs herself, "But I am sure that Spike made a schedule for her highness and left a copy in her office."

"Thanks!" Starlight runs away from her friend before he can utter another word.


Inside Twilight's office, Starlight is searching franticly for Twilights scheduled until she finds one before she groans, "This is last week's schedule," She tosses it over her shoulder before opening a drawer in Twilight's desk. She starts pulling out a paper, going over it to find an old checklist that was missing a check. She moved on to another one to find a schedule, but it was for the school. Starlight continues this moving from drawer to drawer, finding old schedules or checklists one after another. "How many checklists does one pony needs!"

By this point, Sunburst has made his way to Twilight's office. He was worried about Starlight after she ran away earlier. But seeing her like this and the current mess she is making. Maybe he wasn't worried enough, "Uh, Starlight?"

"You would think that the most organize pony in Equestria would know what she needs one checklist to remember," She looks closer at the checklist getting angry as she reads, "What supplies are needed to make a checklist would be!"

"Starlight."

Starlight throws her hooves in the air, scattering more paper, "Who even eats Vegemite!"

"Starlight!"

Starlight slams her hooves onto the desk, growling as she faces the fool, "WHAT!"

Sunburst was so scared that he forgot that he had come here and only wanted to get away from the monster in front of him. Quickly Sunburst turns around and runs away, calling over his shoulder, "Never mind!"

"NO, wait, Sunburst! Dang, it."


"That reminds me. I need to apologize to Sunburst later," Starlight then makes a quick note, as Twilight takes this all in,

"Wait, what was that part about my office!"

Once Starlight finished her note, she sent it away with magic, "Anyways, where was I?"

"My Office?!"

"Right, after Sunburst left. I found a note you left behind for a way to contact you in case of an emergency."

"Don't change the subject!"


The note said to go to a pony named Bon Bon if Spike is not available and tell her that you need to contact Twilight agent Sweetie Drops. And since Starlight has no idea where Spike is.

"Are you sure that this is going to work?" Starlight askes the cream-colored Mare as they enter her home.

"Yes, I am certain." Bon Bon closes the door behind them as they make their way into the living room, "Dragon fire isn't the easiest thing to contain, but it is a guarantee message sender." She signals Starlight to stay next to the fireplace as she closes the windows, "Now, are you sure that this is an emergency?"

"Yes, this is."

"Alright," Bon Bon finishes sealing off the room, "I keep it hidden, so to get to it, we are going to need one pony to pull this lever while the other grabs the vial." Bon Bon points to the side of the fireplace as she moves to one of the random walls of the room. "Go ahead, Starlight, pull the leveler," Starlight goes to pull the lever but comes to a halt. There are two identical levers side by side with no labels of any kind. She tries to call out to Bon Bon, but she interrupts her, "Come on already. How hard is it to pull a lever?" She tries one more time but once again, "Hurry up, hurry up,"

Starlight shrugs and pulls one of the levers then two things happen. One the roof over Bon Bon head opens, and two the floor under Bon Bon sprang up, sending her into the air out of the house all the while Bon Bon screaming "Wrong Levvveeerr!!" Starlight looks to the springboard as it resets itself dumbfounded.

Not sure what to say, Starlight uttered a single word. "Opps,"

Before she could question where Bon Bon ended up, said Mare enters through the front door. There were sticks and leaves in her mane and tail with small bruise all over her, all the while a Timberwolf is biting onto her tail being dragging across the floor on its belly. Bon Bon stares at Starlight with nothing but malicious intentions. Starlight could only chuckle to herself, giving Bon Bon a weak smile, "Why do you even have that lever?"

Bon Bon rolls her eyes before kicking the Timberwolf in the nose with her back hoof sending it away crying. "Get out of my way. And grab the purple one." Bon Bon pushes Starlight out of the way and pulls the lever on the right making a hidden door open at the wall Bon Bon was at. Starlight looks cautiously at the floor before moving to the hidden cupboard and grabbing a purple vial. Bon Bon lets go of the lever as both mares meet in the middle of the room.

Starlight uses her magic to summon a letter she had prepared ahead of time and holds it over the top of the vial as she uncorks it. She waited a few seconds for something to happen, only to be greeted with nothing. Confuse, she looks into the opening of the vial to find that, "It empty,"

"What!" Bon Bon grabs the vail, "But that is not possible. I was certain that I still had one use left." Bon Bon shakes the vail violently before a small note falls out of it. She grabs the message for it to read, "IOU Bestie!" Bon Bon starts shaking, grinding her teeth as she makes nonsense words. Starlight backs up away from the raging Mare and quickly runs out of the house before the beast rages on, making the house jump. "LYRA!"


"But that still doesn't," Twilight slaps a hoof to her face. Before dragging it down, "Okay, so what did you have to talk about?"

"I found her."

Twilight looks around before lending in close, "So when you mean her? You mean Queen Chrysalis?" Starlight nods, "Where is she?"

"No idea," Twilight is confused, "Let me try that again. I did find her, or at least I know where she is going to be."

"Where?"


Jessica point of view,

After Exclusive left, I changed into a blue dress with a yellow sun hat. I start my job searching again, making sure not to talk to weird ponies. At least that was the plan three seconds ago. Shortly after I left the Boutique, I ran into a Pony in a suit of armor. It was golden colored, with his fur being white and dark blue mane and tail. Before I could say anything, he beats me to the punch.

"Jessica," I nodded, "My name is Lieutenant Iron. I am with the Royal guard. You are going to have to come with me."

"Yay me."

Author's Note:

Wait how did she end up on that tower?