• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 4,225 Views, 116 Comments

Why me? - Miner

  • ...
24
 116
 4,225

They think they are so clever

Finally, after an entire day of thinking, I have come up with… nothing. I got no idea how to prove to that stubborn stallion that my idea of a Changelings will invade my homeworld. But then again, I think I should be fine as long as I can just talk to the Princess. That is why she can keep a lid on the location of the portal in the first place. The question is, how convinced Dusk to let me get near her? But then again, I only have speculations since I have no idea of the Changelings' actual goals. I'm not too fond of this.

At any rate, I am still without a job, and I want to start making some money or bits in this case. Also, did you know that the ponies here use solid gold coins for their currency? Because I didn't. The only reason I found out was when Sweetie belle asks her sister for some bits for ice cream, and I saw her hoof over three gold coins. Either gold is that plentiful in this world or that some expensive ice cream. Which only fueled my greed either way. So that is where I find myself—sipping tea in the kitchen thinking. I was so in the zone that I didn't notice Exclusive entering the room until he touches my shoulder, causing me almost to spill my tea.

"You okay?"

I set my cup down, laughing at my situation, "Yeah, I am fine. Sorry about that."

He smiles at me shaking his head before taking his own seat, "I understand. May I ask what was it that got you so focused, Jess?"

Moving onto nicknames, are we? I will let it slide for now. I prop up my head with the end of my hoof. "I was just thinking about how I am going to make some bits for myself."

He looks away thinking, "Right if I recall, you said that Lyra got in your way the last time you tried."

"Yeah, I don't know what happened to her. But I have better things to think about." I slide into my chair, resting my head on the table. Exclusive tries to help me out by giving me suggestions, but I wasn't paying attention as I look at me. Then a thought accrued to me. "Hay Exclusive,"

"Yes?"

"Do you know a stallion named Dusk Shine?"

His eyes widen in surprise, confused on how to answer, "Why do you ask?"

I sit up in my chair scooting closer to the table, "I was trying to talk with the Princess earlier today, but he got in the way."

He lets out a knowing sigh, "Yeah, that sounds like him. He is an old friend of mine."

"Really? How do you know him?"

"Oh right. I never told you about us."

I tilt my head giving him an unsure look, "What do you mean?"

"I am sure that you have notice that there is an uncanny resemblance between Rarity and myself, correct?"

"Yes, but didn't you say that was because you and she were relatives?"

"Yes and no."

I gave him a leveled stare, "Exclusive, I already have to deal with changelings trying to get to my homeworld. I don't need you to add your weird family problems to it. Please get to the point."

"Me and Rarity are one and the same." He says as a matter of fact.

I stayed quiet for a few moments before I got my thoughts together, "Like a clone?"

He smiles as he shakes his head, "No. I am Rarity if she were born a stallion instead of a mare."

"Oh. So, you come from a different dimension where you and your friends are all stallions instead of mares. And all the stallions are here are mares instead, correct?"

I seem to have shocked him with my statement. I guess he didn’t think I would come to that conclusion so quickly, "Yes, how did you know?"

"Where I come from, that idea is fairly common of "What if Universe". It normally goes by rule 63, where everyone gender switches to the opposite one. The only problem was that it could never be proven and was only used in fanfics for popular TV shows."

"What's a TV show?"

"It's a human way of entertainment using technology. Don’t ask for the details. All I know is that it uses electricity to make colorful pictures on flat screens."

"I see. Back to the matter on hoof. Dusk is my Twilight before she became a princess."

"But if they are one, in the same, why is he such a prick to rules and regulations?"

He laughs before explaining, "Twilight was the same before she eases up a bit. At least that is what I get when I ask Rarity about that. It is amazing how these dimensions work. From my talks with Rarity, the only difference between her life and mine is our genders."

"Anyways I want to talk with Twilight about something. Got any ideas how to get around the guard dog?"

He shakes his head, "Not that I can think of. But I am going to meet up with him and the others in an hour. I will see what I can do."

"Thanks," My eyes widen in realization, “Others? Who are you going to meet?”

“Oh, they are the rest of my version of the manesix. Every week we meet up to see how everypony is doing. Or just hang out for an hour. Since this isn’t our home, we try our best to fit in, but nothing is the same as hanging out with some friends.”

“I can only imagine. But Exclusive,”

“Yes,”

“Are you guys stuck here like me, or do you have a way back?”

He gives me a leveled glare, “You are still going on about this human thing?”

“But it is true!” I get up from my seat, “What do I have to do you convince you ponies that I am a human?!”

“Okay calm down. I am not sure about you but Twilight and Dusk work day and night to find a way to get us home. Until then this is our home.” He gives me a leveled stare, “Wait. Are you going to convince her highness that you are a human?”

“No, I did that already. I think. Anyways I am going to warn her about the Password is that the changelings finding out about the human world. However, before I can get to her, Dusk got in the way. So, until I can convince him to step aside. My hooves are tied.”

“Don’t worry Jessica. I'm sure everything will be alright.”

“Oh, and Exclusive,”

“Yes,”

“Have you been having dreams about a blue alicorn by the name of Luna?”

“Can’t say I have. Why?”

“No reason,”


Exclusive’s point of view

After I left Jessica alone, I spend my time with Rarity until the time came for me to go and join up with the others. Rarity walks me out while levitating my saddlebags onto my back. All the while, I am reminding her of her to-do list for the remainder of the day,

"And at five, you have an appointment with the mayor for her dress fitting,"

"Yes, I am aware. Now then, you should get going. You don't get to meet up with the others very often." I give her a quick bow before turning to leave, "Oh and Exclusive," she calls out to me one last time, "I hope for the best," she says with a hopeful smile,

I return her smile as I continue my way, "So do I,"

I was in no hurry to get to the castle since I know Dusk most likely arranged in so that Twilight will be busy for the meeting duration. Once I arrived there, Spike greets me as he leads me to the cutie mark map where the others are waiting. From a glance, I can see that everyone's in no respectable chairs, all except two. I dismiss Spike and tell them we will be fine without any refreshments for the duration of our stay here. Once he is gone, I make my way to Rarity's throne as I asked Dusk a question, "Am I early?"

"On time." He says, not looking up from his notes, "We are still waiting on Butterscotch and Blitz," No sooner did he say that when Blitz enters the room and stopping in front of the doors with a rather large grin on his face. Applejack notices this and speaks his mind,

"Blitz what with the face and where Butterscotch?"

He snickers trying very hard not to fall over laughing, "Oh, don't worry. He was right behind me." He makes his way to his throne as that last member of our group… arrives? At least, I think it's him.

We all watch as a yellow stallion enters the room with long pink hair, his face is cover with makeup, and wearing a light green slim dress with red horseshoes to top it all off. I had to put a hoof to my mouth to stop myself from laughing at the pitiful sight of Butterscotch. If you didn't know any better, you would have thought he was a mare getting ready for a date. Before Dusk could say anything, Butterscotch silence everypony grumbling darkly,

"One chuckle from any of you, and you will be joining me in Discord's next tea party!" Fearing that his threat can be made real, we all hushed up.

Berry was the first to speak again as Butterscotch moved to his seat, "Well, at least you are still yourself,"

"I think he is starting to warm up to me." He says as Applejack gives him pity pats,

"Yeah, the last time you were late was because he glued you to the ceiling," Rainbow says, smiling at the memory,

Ignore his comment Dusk tries to control the conversation, "And your progress with Fluttershy?"

He lets out a heavy sigh sliding into his chair, "She has gotten used to me being around, but we aren't very close." He says, glaring at Rainbow Blitz the whole time. Blitz takes notice of this but didn't say anything. It wasn't until that he notices that he wasn't letting up the glare did he start to feel uneasy,

"What?"

"You know what you did."

Blitz drags his hooves down his face, groaning, "Oh, come on! You still can't be mad about that. That was months ago!"

"Fluttershy hasn't looked at me the same since! She still makes sure that her bedroom door is locked at night!"

Blitz gets defensive as he flares out his wings, "Hey, it wasn’t that bad. How was I supposed to know that she would react like that?” He slumps into his chair, “Besides, it was Rainbow’s idea,”

Butterscotch gets up from his seat and points to Blitz, "I am not sure if I can ever get close to her because of your stunt!"

Dusk slams his hooves onto the map silencing everypony, "Enough! What's done is done. Let's thank the Queen that your cover wasn't blown when Discord found out.” They grumble to themselves sitting back in the thrones, “Now then. What is everyling's report."

Berry was jumping from his throne waving his hoof around, "Oh Me first, Me first,” Dusk nods at him making him stop, “I am close with Pinkie. So close that I think we have been friends since forever! But she is keeping a tight lid about her element."

Dusk looks to me as I shake my head, "Rarity is too busy with her work order making any bonding time difficult. Even during our slow days, she never mentions her element."

Dusk turns to face Applejack who surges his shoulders, "Same thing with Applejack. That old girl hasn't trusted me as far as she can throw me. We have only become acquaintances at best. I may have to force to try more drastic measures to earn her trust."

Dusk turns his attention to Blitz, "I am sure that I can get the info from Rainbow if I ask her,” He looks away as he puts a hoof to his chin in thought, “But it will raise suspicion if I do. Especially with our cover story,” His eyes widen as he faces Dusk, “Speaking of which, how is your delay on the Princess?"

He lets out a deep sigh, "It has been challenging to keep her from making any progress on finding a way' home' for us. However, I believe that I can only hold up for another four months before she or Starlight will notice. Becoming her butler was to the best course of action I could have gone with."

"Is that why you made yourself a unicorn instead of an alicorn?" Butterscotch asked,

"It would have caused too much-unwanted attention if Equestria suddenly has an alicorn male living here."

"Right, how did your visit with the princesses go anyways?” I asked, “We weren't allowed to hear the rest of the conversation after Twilight took us there last you. You never told us what happen."

"Don't remind me. Celestia was more than willing to help out, but I convinced her that Twilight and Starlight were enough. But I don't want to meet Princess Luna again." Dusk visibly shudders,

"That right, you did mention something about that.” Blitz speaks up, “What happened? The next time we saw you was when you came rushing us back to Pony Ville as fast as the train could take us."

Before Dusk could answer Berry interrupts, "Is it the fact that you are a male version of Twilight that has the possibility of becoming an alicorn? And Princess Luna thinks that she can make you into Equestria’s first Prince. Before she weds you two together and start making a family of little alicorns?"

I didn’t know how to respond to what I just heard. It sounds completely outrageous that it is dumb. Why in the world would Princess Luna go out of her way to marry a male version of Twilight. That doesn’t make a lick of sense. However, the look on Dusk is giving me the feeling that Berry was right on the money, "HOW!"

"It's just a hunch." He says like it is no big deal.

I clear my throat to get everylings attention, "Well, the Queen did say that we are them, but I didn't think that she meant it latterly."

Dusk massages his head with his hooves, "This is concerning; we'll have to take note of our behavior as time goes on.” He put his hooves down once he calms down, “This means everyone had to start writing a journal to help keep their identity in check. The last thing we need to deal with is that one of us truly believes we are who we say we are. Remember, we are the elite six, her Highness's best. We were the ones that kidnap the Princesses and the elements of harmony. If it weren't for the fact that we had to stay in Ponyville, we might have made a difference during the fall of our home. Never forget that."

"Yes, Sir," We all said together,

"Now that is there anything else anyone wants to contribute?

I raise my hoof, "I do. It appears that Jessica wishes to speak to the Princess. I am afraid that she may start to poke her nose into places it doesn't belong if we don't come up with some sort of compromise."

"You care for that mare, don't you?"

"I never said that," I say defensively,

"Who do you think you are fooling? I have seen and how you acted when you thought she was in danger and the fact that you're going out of your way to question my leadership. This is a dangerous path you are treading Exclusive. Remember your place."

I look away grumbling, "Yes Sir."

"However, you do bring up a point. Jessica has already been able to interact with the majority of the element bearers. And from what you have told me, she's not a normal pony. Not to mention I could barely handle Agent Sweety Drops before she could talk to the Princess. Not to mention, she was the reason why Thorax dropped by that one time. If it weren't for the fact that the girls were covering for us, he would have already suspect us, and our mission would be over. This Jessica is becoming a problem."

"Then what do you suggest, Sir?" Blitz asks,

"Exclusive, tell Jessica that she will have her meeting with the Princess in three days."

"And then?"

"I'll leave that to your imagination. That will be all everyone returned to your posts. I must inform her Highness of the next course of action we are to take."


Third-person point of view,

Once everyone had left the room, Dusk closes the door before levitating five circle ruins onto the cutie map causing them to shoot energy above the center of the map and causing the image of Chrysalis to appear. Dusk dops to his knees bowing, “All hail the Queen."

"Report,"

He speaks without raising his head, "We may be close to finding one of the elements; however, the rest proved to be troublesome."

"Is that all?"

"It appears that a pony is causing unwanted attention for us."

"Who is this pony?"

"She goes by the name Jessica. According to reports, she recently moved into Ponyville. However, according to a report I got from Agent Sweetie Drops, she has no history. No family, No work history, and No citizenship. This means she was either burned, or she is as she claims she is."

"And what does she claim to be"

"She claims to be a creature known as a human."

"Is there any proof to this?"

"From what I can gather from Princess Twilight. She has encountered humans before through the mirror portal. They are creatures similar to a minotaur physique but much smaller, with no horns and minimal hair. Other than that, she didn't disclose anything else about that world."

"Are you meaning to tell me that Twilight Sparkles have access to another world, and we don't even know about?" She says growling,

"As far as I know, the Princess had no authority in this other world. Shall I look into this matter?"

"No, I shall look into this matter personally. Prepare for my arrival in three days’ time,"

“All hail the Queen,” Chrysalis image disappears as Dusk puts away ruins and leaves the room. Once he was gone a flash of magic comes from inside the room revealing Starlight with a smug grin on her face,

“And we will be ready,”

Author's Note:

Looks like somepony forgot to make sure the room was clear.