• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 4,207 Views, 116 Comments

Why me? - Miner

  • ...
24
 116
 4,207

Sleep over

Rubbing my ears, I turn to see the three little banshees smiling as they enter the room. “Hello, girls.”

“Hello”

“Hay there Jessica!”

“Huh? Jessica, what is that?” Applebloom said gesturing to my makeshift bed.

“Oh, this?” I smile as I look down on my nest. “This is something back from my younger days. You see whenever I use to do sleepovers; I would make one of these, whenever there weren’t enough beds to go around. I called it a nest.”

“Because it looks like a bird’s nest?”

“Correct.”

“Cool let me in there,” Scootaloo said as if speaking for the rest of her friends, they all crowd around me crawling under the covers. As they moved around to get comfortable, they started to tickle me.

“H-Hay cut that out,” I said trying fight back the giggles they were giving me. Soon I could see them sticking their heads out with Sweetie and Applebloom to my right and Scootaloo to my left.

“Neat I never slept on the floor before.” Sweetie Belle said

“You know this is great and all, but how are we going to have some fun at a sleepover if everypony is going to bed already?” I asked them

“Oh, Right!” they got out running towards their bags.

“So, who is up for a game of twister?” Scootaloo said lifting up the board game.

“You are on,” I said getting up to face her.


One hour later

We are now onto game five of twister. With the score being two me, and one for each of the girls. But I think that I should call it quits soon. My left leg is starting to act up. Rarity is in the room with us, but not joining in the game. She is there to spin the arrow for the game. However, after nearly ripping my dress, Rarity game me purple yoga outfit to spare my dress. My legs are crossing each other as I stand over Applebloom with Scootaloo to my right. I can’t see Sweetie Belle. But I think that she is behind me somewhere. We just started and I am already turning into a pretzel. I am not sure how long my legs can hold out.

“Ok, Sweetie Belle put your right foreleg on blue.” Rarity said from the bed as her sister reaches under me to get the blue circle.

“Got it.” Rarity then spins the arrow again.

“Ok, Jessica, right hind leg on red.”

I notice that one was over by Scootaloo “I’ll try.” Stretching I move my leg, “Almost… AH!” and down we go. “Nuts!”

“Help!”

“I can’t breathe!”

“Well, I am stuck!” I told them as Rarity levitates me off them and put me on my nest.

“Good game girls.” Rarity said as she puts the game away.

“Yah that is all for me,” I told them.

“Really?”

“Yes, I can’t keep playing for hours like you all can.”

“But you were doing so well earlier.”

“Yes, I was, but now I need some time to rest until I can play with you girls again.”

“Ok.” They said together said as I stretched out on my nest.

The slumber party wasn’t so bad after that. I change into a light-yellow night gown for the night, courtesy of Rarity. Applebloom brought over some pictures of some pony named Bab Seed to tell us about her adventures. I think she said that she was her cousin and she was a leader of the cutie mark crusaders over where she lived. Speaking of cutie marks this was the first time I got a chance to look at theirs. And I was in for a surprise. The little trio all had similar cutie marks of a shield of three colors lines going down, with the difference being with what was in the middle of them. Applebloom’s was no surprise an apple, Sweetie Belle’s was a music note, and Scootaloo’s is a wing with a lightning bolt on it.

“Uh, Jessica are you ok?” Scootaloo said from her sleeping bag.

“I am alright. I was just thinking to myself.” *ahem* “So, where were we?”

“We were getting ready to play Uno.”

“I think I have heard of the game before, but never played it myself.”

“It’s easy. Here I will show you.”


Ten minutes later


It was a slaughter; I was having a hard time keeping up with who turn it was with all these jump in’s and special cards ruling. I have already lost twice to Applebloom, and one to Sweetie Belle. Even though this game is so frustrating that I want to burn all these cards, it can also be very fun.

“I will skip Scootaloo” Sweetie Belle said playing a green skip.

“Great.” She said with sarcasm

“Well, I’ll skip Jessica,” Applebloom said playing a blue skip.

“Hay what did I ever do to you?”

“Because you laugh at me.”

I mean sure I did put it was hard not to, “Well, but why did you do that?”

“Because that was all I could play.” We are at round four now with Applebloom leading with three cards, Sweetie has seven, Scootaloo has five, while I have twelve. Great.

“Ok, my turn and sorry Scootaloo,” Sweetie said playing a draw four wild.

“Oh yeah, I will challenge that.” Sweetie shows Scootaloo her hand revealing no blue cards. She lost the challenge and now she must draw six, ouch. “Oh, come on!”

“Why did you do that Scootaloo?” Applebloom said as she plays a green five

“I don’t know.” She cries out, “Because I'm not going to win anymore.”

“Now calm down let’s see how this goes,” I said playing a green five. Then Sweetie belle played a green zero, which send all of our cards to the pony to our right. Hay Applebloom had two green threes’ nice.

“Wait no! No! NO! NOO!”

“Oh, this is a good hand,” I said laughing at Apple Bloom's misery.

“NNNNOOOOO!! NNNNOOOOOO!!” I know its mean to laugh at someone, but you play Uno with a group of friends and try not to laugh.

“Well then I will take Jessica’s hand,” Scootaloo said playing a green seven and switching hands with me.

“Hay I just got that!”

“And I will take Scootaloo’s hand,” Applebloom said playing her own red seven.

“Oh, come on!” Scootaloo said causing everypony to start laughing.

“You know what?” I said playing my blue seven “Give me that back.” This is hilarious.

“Please play a seven,” Applebloom said to Sweetie Belle as we all continue to giggle.

“I can’t, but I can play this.” She said as she plays a red reverse card making it my turn again.

“Thanks, buddy,” I said drawing three cards until I found something

“No problem” obviously she doesn’t know sarcasm.

In the end, I never won a game, but I am not mad. That’s a first. Normally I would be frustrated by not winning a single round, but this time. I am looking forward to the next game.

After Uno, the girls decided that now it was a good time to break out the makeup and brushes. But I know better than let them near me with makeup without knowing how well they can use it first. After seeing their handy work, I decide not to let them use makeup on me. Let’s just say Sweetie Belle shines in the moonlight now and leave it at that. But I did let them brush my mane and tail and did the same with them. These little girls are better mane stylist then makeup artist. They took two strands of my mane and braided it on one side and then did the same on the other side and connect them together behind my head. It's simple but I like it.

“OW!”

Sadly, the same thing can’t be said about my tail. Right now, I am in my nest, trying to untangle Applebloom’s tail from mine. How in the world Sweetie got her tail confused with mine I will never know? “Sorry, but this will go a lot faster if you would stop moving around Applebloom.”

“Well we wouldn't be in this mess if somepony was paying attention to whose tail belongs to who.” Apple Bloom said while glaring at her friend. She's probably thinking of how to get even with her.

“Hay your tails are the same color. It was an honest mistake!” Sweetie Belle said from her bed, while Scootaloo was going around the room looking for something.

“Hey Scoot, what are you looking for?” Applebloom asks her once she notices what she was doing.

“I am looking for scissors,” Scootaloo calls out from inside a drawer.

“Well then, that better be for your tail Scootaloo,” I told her.

She looks back at me in confusion “What, why?”

“Because if you are thinking of cutting my tail to get Applebloom off me. Then you got another thing coming Missy. I just got my tail back. And I am not planning on parting with it again any time soon. Besides I am almost done here.” I said pulling on the mess of tails and earning a yep from Applebloom.

“No, you’re not!”

“Hush it Applebloom and let me work.” In truth, I have no idea if I can get her tail loose from mine. Sweetie tried to untangle us earlier but that was how we got into this mess in the first place. “Almost got it.” But as I pulled my tail one way, it somehow ended up in one huge knot. I stare in disbelief.

“How did that happen?”

“ARRRRGH! I give up! Where is Rarity? She can help us.”

Sweetie looks at the clock before answering me “She should be in her room by now.”

“OK let’s go,” I said leaving the room and dragging Applebloom with me before she started walking backward.

“Easy Jessica, I have smaller hooves than you!”

“Wait for us!”

Soon we were in front of Rarity’s room and her door was close.

“I guess she is asleep,” Scootaloo said as a smile comes to my face.

“Hay girls are you in the mood for a prank?”

Sweetie looks unsure “I am not sure that’s a good idea, Jessica.”

“Come on Sweetie Belle it will be fun.” Scootaloo cheers her friend on.

She looked at Applebloom who also nodded in agreement. “What did you have in mind?”

“Just follow my lead,” I said slowly entering the room as they follow me. Her room is a mess surprisingly compared to how it was earlier. Just wha was she doing that causes to make such amess. But I guess it has something to do with all the pieces of fabric lying around along with empty boxes. Regardless we made our way to her bed where our victim lies sound asleep.

“So, what is the plan?”

“We are just going to ask for her help, but very loudly. Everypony get to a different side of the bed and on the count of three say something really loud.”

Once everypony was in place I started counting down, “Three, two, one…”

“HAY RARITY!” “I AM AWESOME!” “WAKE UP!” “I AM SHOUTING!” “HELLO!”

“AAAAAAAAAHHH!” Rarity screamed bolting up from her bed. However before I could enjoy the fruits of our labor, Rarity uses her magic to gather us all, trapping us in her bed sheet. Which intern send us all in a panic moving around the sheet to find freedom.

“What happen?” “I can’t see!” “Get your flank out my face!” “Can’t move deal with it.” “BEST SLEEP OVER EVER!” This causes everypony to stop thrashing around, “Wait. Pinkie! What are you doing here!”

“How dare you ponies come in here and ruin my beauty sleep!” Drops the us with a thud as we all stick our heads out of our prison from the top, “Now I understand that you all are having a sleep over in Sweetie Belle’s room, but that doesn’t mean you have free rights to do whatever you want at this dreadful hour. Now I am a reasonable mare and I will kindly ask you all to leave my room before I am a force to use more drastic measures.”

“Wait sorry Rarity this was my idea.” I said pleading with her.

This caught her by surprise, “Really? I thought for sure my little sister or one of her friend’s idea.”

“No, it was me. Anyways the reason we woke you up was that I don’t want to sleep with Applebloom tonight.”

She look offended for some reason, “Is there a problem I am not aware of?”

“Mainly our tails are tied together and can’t get them loose.” I said as we got out of the blanket to show her what we meant.

She gasps as sees our tails, “Goodness! How did that happen?”

“You know it’s a funny story really,”


Thankfully I still kept my tail after monster Rarity freed us. Let’s just say she looks hideous with loose curls in her mane while wearing a green face mask. She looked like the creature from the black lagoon. And the scream earlier was from Applebloom, NOT from me.

Anyways, we decided that we all had enough fun for one day and return to Sweetie Belle's room. I had no idea where Pinkie went after we were free. But to save my brain cells, I file the problem under my ‘never mind’ pile.

Once in the room, I went straight to my nest and bid the three fillies’ good night. However, to my surprise, the three fillies forgo the bed and made their own nest in front of me. How can something so cute look even cuter when it’s asleep? I was so tempted to snatch all three of them and hug them to death. But with great willpower, I resist doing so.

I can see them sleeping soundly in their nest as I watch them. Normally, I don’t have a problem falling asleep, but sometimes there are nights where I can’t find sleep. When this happens a walk in the night air does the trick, but I wanted to make sure they were asleep before I step out for a moment. Quietly I made my way outside.

A cool breeze brushes through my mane as I walk outside. The skirt of my gown flaps gently against my legs as the creatures of the night fills the air with their melodies of sleep. There are no ponies here: no children laughing with friends, no pony running to get to work, no pony in pain, there is only me.

My journey leads to a park bench under a tree facing a small lake. As I lay there, I finally can think about my life right now, and contemplate a question that has been on my mind for a while.

“Do I really want to go back?”

Author's Note:

Let me know what you all think and stay in tune for more chapters. Laters.