• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 4,225 Views, 116 Comments

Why me? - Miner

  • ...
24
 116
 4,225

New friends and enemies

It was the next day. I help Rarity around the Boutique, learned how to make breakfast, got a new dress of yellow. If this keeps up, I will get a dress with each other the colors of the rainbow. Although I got to watch in enjoyment as Rainbow was forced to wear a dress as Rarity was making minor adjusting. If only I had a camera. But at the very least, I will never let her live it down. I watched over the crusaders along with some other fillies for an hour. I had no idea why Rarity told me not to take my eyes off them for a second. I didn’t get why she was so worried until I had to stop them from before they flood the Boutique. Where they got the idea of messing with the pipes in the house while the main water line was still on, I have no idea. Also, Pinkie’s cous Berry stop by- correction, he was hanging from a rope outside the window and gave me a letter before going who knows where.

It was a letter from Pinkie. Simply put, she said something about changeling proofing Pony Ville so that no changelings could get in. But then she changes her mind when she remembers that the good changelings are coming soon and then went on to say to forgot that she said anything. And I toss the letter outside the window before something happens. And to much surprise, it did. It went up in flames, to which, to my disbelief, caused a butterfly effect. Not wanting to see how it ends, I choose to stay in my room until the screaming stop or at the very least until the fireponies put out the fire in the marketplace. I am going to have a long talk with that mare.

Afterward, I had lunch with Rarity. I got to learn some names of Rarity’s friends and some other species in this world. I haven’t told her yet that I am a human. That conversation will come when Princess Twilight comes back to me with her decision. After lunch, I spend some time in the lobby with my new dress as I lay on the couch thinking. About that conversation with Bon Bon to be exact. When I told her that I wanted to go home. For some reason, I thought about the Boutique and Exclusive instead of my home on earth. I gently rub the hairpin he gave me on the right side of my head. Earth is a nice place with its high tech and variety of food. But its also a hard place to live in if you don’t have family to depend on or money. It can be downright cruel. But this place has its downsides as well. Namely the changelings that are after me. They are creatures that eats love, what would they want with a human from another worl-

I sat up straight in shock. “That is, it! That the connection!” I am from another world! The changelings are trying to go to another world! In order to make sure that it is safe for them to travel back and forth they have to test it first. I am a test dummy. If the changelings can get access to another world that doesn’t have magic, then there will be no one to stop them! It will be an all-you-can-eat buffet! And if that’s the case, then my arrival in the Ever Free wasn’t an accident. They wanted me to go home so that I can show them the way. That changeling wasn’t trying to kidnap me. It just wanted me to scare me so that I can hurry up and show them the way to earth! If that’s the case, I can’t go home. I will be dooming my whole planet if I do. We are already having problems with trusting each other. Imagine what will happen if changelings were to be added into the mix. It will be utter chaos! Quickly I got up and ran outside the Boutique. Looking around, I saw a sizeable crystal-like castle and ran towards it. Rarity said that Princess Twilight spends most of her time in the castle. I hope she is there this time.

Running towards the castle, I passed by Berry and Fluttershy next to an ice cream stand. And for some reason, Berry came jumping next to me.

“Hay Jess,” He says with the big smile on his face while not losing ground, “Where the fire?”

“Not my name.” I called over my shoulder, “I have to talk to the Princess before it’s too late!”

“Too late for what? Oh, wait, don’t tell me. I can get this,” I wasn’t paying attention to what he was saying as we zoomed by some ponies. Most of them I didn’t recognize most of them, but I did see Derpy, and a mare that looks like the stallion that told Exclusive his house was burning down. And for some reason, she joined us.

“Woo there Berry, where you two running of to?”

“Hay Applejack, I am not sure myself. Jessica hasn’t told me yet.”

“Jessica? You mean the mare that staying with Rarity?”

“That’s the one.” I got to the front of the castle and was up the stair before Applejack got in my way, “Now hold your hooves there. What business do you have with Twilight?”

Oh, good, I am at the right place. Bad news, why is this mare getting in my way? “That is Princess Twilight Applejack. I thought that ponies living here would call her by her title, at least. Out of my way,” Try as I might, I couldn’t get past this mare. Why is she so strong? I glare at her, “What’s is your deal?”

“My deal is that Twilight is a good old friend of mine. And I am not going to let some random mare charge into her home like a wild bronco.” I really don’t have time for this,

“How do you know that I am going to act like a bronco once I get inside? For all you know, I was simply in a hurry to tell her something.”

“Well, then you can tell me. And I will make sure that she gets the message.”

Sighing, I close my eyes, “You know. Two days ago, I would have agreed with you and left a message. But that was two days ago.” A gave her an annoyed looked,

She looks confused at my choice of words, “What’s wrong you don’t trust me?”

I simply shake my head, “No. No, I don’t,” Berry gasp behind me as Applejack got angry,

“Why all the… I am Applejack. The loyalist and trustworthy of all ponies. I-”

I didn’t let her finish, “Don’t know you. I don’t care. Out of the way.” Why does this mare make me so angry?

“Not Until you apologize mam!”

“For what and to who?” Hum. She seems to be at a loss for words, but she still looks pretty angry,

“TO ME YOU NO GOOD VARMIT!” Okay, that’s it. I slap her across her face making her look away from me in shock.

“Would you stop yelling at me? I have no business with you. I must speak with the Princess at once.” Hum, why did it get so quiet? Wait, I think I am forgetting something here. Applejack slowly turns to face me, eyes filled with nothing but rage,

“That does it!” She jumps at me, grabbing me as I fell backward. Right now, I remember, I forgot this mare is physically strong, and we were on top of a staircase. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to start a fight with her. But in my defense, she started it. I don’t remember much about what happened after we fell down the steps. But I believe there was a lot of cursing, punches, and biting.


Berry’s POV

I didn’t know what happen. One moment Jessica, Applejack, and me were going to see Twilight. And the next, both of them are trying to beat each other up. I manage to get out of the way before it started. They kick up a cloud of smoke in their fight as more ponies came by to see what the commotion was all about. Rainbow and Pinkie were quick to the scene with some more of our friends.

“What the hay is going on?” Rainbow said as she sees land next to me, “Why are Applejack and Jessica fighting?”

“I don’t know. I just got here,” Pinkie looks at me confused, “What happened?”

“Well, if I remember, Jessica slapped A.J.”

“What?!” Rainbow flies into the air, “I can take Jessica’s attitude with me, but she starts messing with my friends. She got’s another thing coming!” She charges to the fight only to be stopped by a pair of cyan hooves holding her back in a headlock. She struggles for a bit before turning to face the Pegasus holding her, “Blitz, let me go. I have to stop this!” A stallion that looks just like her in every way, but gender shakes his head,

“You don’t have to do anything, Dash. Applejack can handle herself.” He then lets her go, “Besides, it’s over,” Everypony turns back to the fight as the dust clears.

Applejack looks a little ruffed up, but Jessica looks like she got the worst of it. Half of her dress is gone; her mane and tail are a mess, and bruises are all over her. It’s impressive that she wasn’t bleeding. The both of them glare at each other before Jessica spoke up in a shallow voice, “I hate you,” and with that, she fell to the ground in defeat and was out like a light. Both Rainbow ponies confronted Applejack as Guard ponies arrived at the scene with Exclusive right behind them. I was so in shock at what happened that all I could do is watch my friends fight with each other.

“What the hay Applejack!” Blitz said,

Confused as to why her friends are mad at her when she was attacked. She could only reply dumbly, “What?”

“Why did you do that?”

She looks at the down mare as Exclusive worries over her, “But… she hit me.”

“She is a fashion mare that lives with Rarity!” Rainbow scolded her, “She can’t take you on in a no-holds-bar fight. Even in our fights, we never go that far!”

Horror filled Applejack’s face as she realizes her mistake. She tried to go to her opponent, but one glare from Exclusive stop her. Exclusive takes Jessica away as the doors to the castle open up. A familiar mare leaves the building only to stop once she sees the crowd of ponies in front of her castle. Twilight looks to her friends and to the group of ponies, “Did I miss something?”


Exclusive’s Point of view

I took Jessica to the hospital again. If I knew she was this prone to injuries I would have carried a first aid kit with me. But sadly, that wasn’t the case. Nurse Red heart had just finished cleaning up Jessica and told me that she will be okay and will wake up at any moment. As she lays on the bed in the ER I hold onto her hoof in my own as I wait for her to wake up.

Why I am doing this? I never acted like this before. This is not the first mare I had to woo. What makes Jessica so different? Could it be that I am really falling in l- My thoughts were cut off with somepony behind me clearing their throat.

“Exclusive,” Looking behind me I could see Berry. He must be here to check up on me and Jessica. So why does he look worried.

“Hello Berry. Jess-,”

“Dusk has asked to see you.” Oh. That would do it,

I look back at Jessica, “Now?”

“Yes,” He looks around to make sure nopony was nearby, “He didn’t sound happy. I will keep an eye on her, so you don’t have to worry about that.” I was hesitant to leave her at first, but I don’t have much of say in the matter. If Dusk is asking for me. Then something has happened. I sigh as I move to leave,

“Very well,”


I made my way back to Castle friendship to meet Dusk. I said hi to Starlight and Spike who were leaving to the Magical School of Friendship. Starlight is Twilight’s personal student/ex-enemy/rival, she looks similar to Twilight but replace the pink highlight with blue. As for Spike he was Twilight’s personal assistance/brother. Did I mention that he was a dragon? Although small he still is able to help out everypony despite the height difference. Starlight said something about making sure that everything is okay, and they will be back shortly. Once I closed the door behind me, I am faced with a new problem. I will now have to face Dusk with nopony nearby.

Going further into the castle I found an open door to Twilight’s bedroom as I could hear two ponies talking with each other.

“But Dusk. I have much work that I need to finish,” I stop near the door, waiting for them to be done, “I can’t possible take a nap now?”

“Nonsense Twilight. You have been awake for hours. You need your rest, or you will not be any help to anypony,”

“I guess so. Goodnight, Dusk”

“Goodnight Twilight,” With that. A Stallion that looks just like Twilight came out of the room expect that he was a stallion and a unicorn. He closes the door before motioning for me to follow him. As we make our way deeper into the castle he speaks up, “So I heard that Jessica got into a fight with Applejack,” We enter the cutiemap room as Dusk sits in Twilight’s throne and I in Rarity’s.

“I am sorry Dusk. I have no idea why that happen. But I can assure you that it will not happen again.”

“It better not. That last thing we need is for any member of the manesix to get injured.” He smacks his hoof on the map, “It will ruin everything that we have be working for,” He slouches into the chair rubbing his eyes, “We are not ready to proceed with phase two of the plan. Butterscotch is having enough of a hard time with Fluttershy with Discord showing up out of nowhere whenever he wants,” He glares at me, “Not to mention that fact that you haven’t even gotten started with Rarity.”

I clear my throat, “That is easier said than done. That mare has such high standards that getting close to her is nearly impossible. So, I am going with a different approach with her. It will be slower, but it will work.”

“It better. Her highness is getting impatient. And is expecting results soon.”

“I will not fail her,”

“For all our sakes you better not.” Dusk looks out the window, “Thorax will be arriving tomorrow with some more guards for the town. Although this is not the optimal situation there is nothing, we can do about it.”

“Then what are your orders?”

“Keep your head down and don’t do anything that will attract attention to yourself for the next week. Understand?”

“Alright,” I get up to leave but I stop at the doorway, “But I have to ask. Do you know what happened last night?”

Dusk lets out a heavy sigh, “It was Hemolymph. I rather not talk about it.”

“Right,” I node in acknowledgement but stop when he called out to me,

“And Exclusive,”

“Yes?”

“I have notice that you have your eye on a certain mare in Rarity’s house.”

I honestly hope he didn’t notice, “And what of it? Is there something wrong with having a source of love for myself?”

“That’s not what I mean. I have seen the way you have looked at her. Those are not the eyes of a predator. We can’t love ponies you know, that right?”

“Oh course. Every day I remember,”

“But?” He asks,

“But I can’t help and consider what if our queen was-” Before I could finish my sentence I am slammed into the wall as Dusk holds me there with his foreleg against me neck,

“Let’s get one thing clear Exclusive,” He says not giving me a chance to breath, “We serve the Queen, and no one else. “I struggle to breath as he continues to hold me there, “We have no purpose to live without her. We owe her our lives. And we will serve her until our end.” He presses harder against me as green flames cover my body and then I am reverted back to normal form, “Do I make myself clear soldier!”

I cough and struggle to breath as I look at him, “Yes sir,” He lets me drop to the ground,

“Then get your uniform back on. You’re in your civies.” He leaves me there as I catch my breath. I look back at my foreleg. It has been a long time since I have seen my foreleg in its natural color. I shake my head before getting up casting the spell again for green flames to cover my body again as I leave the castle.

That went better than I thought. Normally he would cause me some blood loss for questioning the Queen’s actions. But then again, he is not wrong. So, his anger is justified, and that is why he was but in charge of the princess. But that doesn’t mean I agree with him. But I don’t know anymore. There are only eight of us left including the Queen. Can we really win?