• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,173 Views, 50 Comments

In Our Realm - GuyWithAJetPack



A story going along the lines of My little dashie, but a bit different.

  • ...
14
 50
 1,173

Sunrise.

I had dinner with Scootaloo. She loved her food. After Dinner, I opened the door that linked our rooms. She yawned as she trotted into her room. I tucked her in, and turned on her night-light. "Good night." I said. "Goodnight. I love you." she said. "I love you too." I said, then walked into my room, leaving the door open. I sat down on the bed. She loves me. I thought. I layed down. She loves me. I thought again, as I drifted off to sleep with a smile.


I woke up to a sharp scream. I jumped out of bed and ran to Scootaloo's room. She was sitting up in her bed. "Scootaloo, what's wrong?!" I asked, turning on her light. "I-I had a bad dream." she said.


"Are you still scared?" I asked. She nodded her head. "Do you want to sleep in my room?" I asked. She nodded again. "Okay." I said. She grabbed her blanket, then trotted into my room. I shut off the lights, and plugged the night-light into a socket in my room. I climbed into my bed, then felt Scootaloo's breathing steady. "Better?" I asked. "Yeah." she replied, then buried her head into my shoulder.


"I can't sleep." Scootaloo whispered. "Do you need anything?" I asked. "You used to have a lullaby, didn't you?" She asked. "Do you want me to sing it for you?" I asked. "Yeah." she answered. I cleared my throat. "Hush now, quiet now, it's time to lay your sleepy head, hush now, quiet now, it's time to go to bed. Driftin' off to sleep, the exciting day behind you, Driftin' off to sleep, let the joy of dreamland find you." was all I needed to sing before she was asleep. I hummed the rest until I drifted off.


I woke long before the sun would rise. I prepared pancake batter, and set it in a pan. I walked downstairs to my computer. I had an online job, so I could be there if Scootaloo needed me. I finished my work, then walked upstairs. I got a drink of coffee, then warmed up Scootaloo's breakfast. She would be waking in about two minutes, she never missed a sunrise.


I looked in the room, and sure enough, Scootaloo was waking up. "Good morning!" I said from the kitchen. She jumped a bit, then looked in my direction. "Good morning!" she replied, a large grin on her face. "To celebrate moving in, I made pancakes." I said. "Pancakes?" she asked, not knowing what a pancake is. "I know you will like them" I said, putting a few on a plate. When I put the plate in front of her, she shrugged, then dove face-first into them. After a few more seconds she finished. She was grinning. "Were they good?" I asked. "No, good doesn't even describe it. There isn't a word for how great they were." she answered.


"Alright, I neet to go get more food for us. I'll be back in a bit." I said, opening the door. I closed the door behind me, then got on my bike. I put the baby-cart on the bike so I could carry more groceries. I got to the store as soon as possible. I didn't waste time when getting food. I raced through checkout, put the food in the baby-cart, then raced home.


I got home, then pulled the bike into the backyard. "Scootaloo, can you help me carry in food?" I said to the filly in the backyard. She raced over and carried a bag to the kitchen. We repeated the process until the last bag, in which I carried up. I then walked outside and closed the gate. When I was putting away food Scootaloo gave me another crayon picture. It was a picture of a Tan stick figure holding an orange and purple stick-pegasus. That isn't what surprised me. There was a pink heart around them, that was keeping out a black mass. But that wasn't it either, what it was, the stick pegasus had a line that went to a purple "Me" and the stick figurehad a line that went to an orange "Dad"