• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,173 Views, 50 Comments

In Our Realm - GuyWithAJetPack



A story going along the lines of My little dashie, but a bit different.

  • ...
14
 50
 1,173

Restless night

I was thrown into a stone dungeon cell, with an "I hope you rot.". The pegasus in there looked surprised at my human-ness, but for some reason I recognized her. She grabbed my arm and examined it, from shoulder to fingertip. I forcefully took it back and she tackled me with a playful smile. "Hi! I'm, Bright!" she said, then jumped off of me, only to grab my leg. "What are you? I have never seen anything like you before, and trust me, I have seen a lot of creatures." she said, then offered me some sort of sweet tasting food. I just sat there, with a blank expression. At the moment, I really wanted to tell her not to touch me, but couldn't talk. I was too sad for words, then, I laid down and fell asleep.

When I awoke, I wasn't in a cell, I was in the royal hall, with Luna staring me down. "Do you like, hate me, or something?" I blurted out. She blinked in surprise, then turned around. "Why would you think that?" she asked, then brought up a quill and paper. "Earlier in the hall, you seemed angry at me." I answered, standing up. "I was looking in you. To see if you truly did commit the accused crime." she said as she wrote down something. "Tell me, what happened, how did you end up in this mess?" She asked, lowering the paper. "Mess? Mess?! These last few years have been the best part of my life! Better than the rest of it! Probably better than I will ever have! Seeing as you will most likely take her away from me!" I said, tears welling up.
"Do you have any Idea how bad it was for me before Scoots?! Probably not as bad as the moon, but still!" I finished, and sunk my head. I soon felt a hoof on my shoulder. I looked up, and Luna stared into my eyes. "Sister believes that you should be thrown in the dungeon, or worse. But I can tell that you are innocent. Sister is too stubborn, so I must be the one to help you, I will see to it that your cell will be unlocked, and that Scootaloo will be unattended for a little while. Move when the moon disappears from the sky. The portal will be open then, and I will handle sister." Luna whispered, then winked at me.

I was returned to my cell, and smiled all the way. The pegasus was gone, replaced by another seemingly similar pony, this one a unicorn. She eyed my clothing, from my beat-up shoes, to my jacket, and kept asking where I got it. I ignored it, until she took my shoes. She hushed me, then returned them to me thirty minutes later, almost brand-new. It was nice of her, then in return she accepted a simple thank you. I extended a hand, and introduced myself. when she was about to speak her name, she teleported out, by a force not her own. I looked out the window, and noticed the moon was gone. "Oh shit!" I whispered, and saw as a shadow whisked past my cell, and the door flung open. I crouched-crawled out, trying to avoid the guards, and easily got out of the dungeon, and next thing I knew, I was in the royal hall, Scootaloo was sleeping on a cot next to the throne. I shook her awake, and she silently climbed onto my back. As we turned to the door, our sight was filled by Two Unicorns, two Pegasi, and two Earth Ponies. I almost shook in excitement, but this was not a good encounter with the Mane Six.