• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,173 Views, 50 Comments

In Our Realm - GuyWithAJetPack



A story going along the lines of My little dashie, but a bit different.

  • ...
14
 50
 1,173

After the storm

I fell out of the portal, landed on my back, and caught Scoots. She smiled and buried her head into my shoulder. "Everything is going to be Oka-" I started before a blue ball of pegasus landed on me, then bounced off, knocking the wind out of me. I looked towards the ball of fluff, and saw Dash shaking her head, Trying to shake it off. I tried to say something, but couldn't. She extended her wings, and bolted towards the portal. It closed just before she hit it, so she sort of broke a hole into the studio before correcting her path.

"No, no, no, no, no!" she said, scanning the room me and Scoots occupied at the moment for the portal. She landed, then hung her head. "Great. Now I'm stuck here." she said, and I scooted over to help. I saw a tear drop and hit the floor, then hesitated. "It will be ok. I've been through worse, but now they may all hate me." Dash said without bringing her head up. I looked out the window for inspiration, and just saw snow cleaning my home, and covering my yard with snow that almost reached my knees. I looked out to the patio, which seemed to be relatively dry, and started walking out, Scoots following. Next to the door was the scarf I gave her for the weather. She put it on as I swapped my hoodie for my army-style jacket with a private insignia on it along with a red wool cap.

"Who is that lady who came back with us." Scoots asked, rolling snow for a snow-man. "Her name is Rainbow Dash." I said, fumbling with the keys in the jacket, trying to get into my old shed. "Do you know her?" Scoots asked, looking over to me. "I know who she is. I never had truly met her in person." I said as I found the correct key. "Is she going to try to take us back to that horrible place?" Scoots asked. "I don't know, Scoots, I don't know."

I made the bed nice in the shed, and plugged the power cable into the main house. I pulled out the spare blankets and the space-heater, then went to go get Rainbow to show her the temporary home. She trotted in, and said "Thanks, bye." then shut the door.

I tossed a towel to Scoots, and she dried herself off. I looked over to the now cold pot of stew, and heated it up. While Scoots was eating, I brought a bowl out to Dash, and she let me in. She had gotten into the old mystery books under the TV, and had one open on the bed. She tried to hide it before I could see, but I just chuckled. "It's okay. You like reading. I'm dissapointed I don't have any of the books you like." I said. She looked away. "Listen, I just wanted Scootaloo to be happy, and I'm not leaving until I'm sure." she replied. "Fine with me. I'm heading to the store tomorrow. I need to pick up some food, and some other stuff. Do you want some books or something?" I asked. She nodded her head, and then looked to her stew.
"There's more inside. If you need anything, or if you get cold, the back door is open." I said. "Thank you. Sorry for earlier, I wasn't told It was Scootaloo, and well, Scootaloo is sort of close to me." Dash replied. "I know. She's close to me, too."

Author's Note:

I'm looking at the shed as I type this. It needs a new coat of paint and a filly in the beat up hammock.