• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,174 Views, 50 Comments

In Our Realm - GuyWithAJetPack



A story going along the lines of My little dashie, but a bit different.

  • ...
14
 50
 1,174

To the movies!

"It's called a drive-in theater. You could have Dash show you how to sit on a cloud, and we could see a movie." I said, pointing to the front-page of the newspaper, which had a headline about the almost finished revival of the old-drive in theater. I immediately had her attention, for she had seen another ad for a new movie that would be showing at the theater. Dash thought it would be "amusing" to see.

It was settled, that Thursday, I walked to the drive-in theater, seeing as I had no car, and they directed me to the seats for the people that don't have cars, which made up a lot of the community. I looked ahead and saw a cloud moving extremely fast, and assumed that it was Dash and Scoots. I looked to the people in front of me, no one I knew, one of them had his hood up, and none of them seemed to notice me. I settled into my seat, and scanned the cars ahead of me. The asshole's car was in the front, at least a 45 second run from my location. I looked up again, and saw Scoots poke her head through the cloud, only to put it back a second later.


The movie started moments later. The sound was deafening, and the and the projector sometimes gave that "Burnt" look in the screen. Scoots pointed to me with her hoof, then hid again. When the movie started, I relaxed. I leaned my head back, and what i saw almost made me shit myself.

"Hey there, gayboy." the asshole behind me said. I got up, and walked down from the seats, then broke out into a sprint after seeing them start to follow me. In the dark, I had to react quickly to obstacles on the ground. They were gaining on me, so I took a shortcut and hopped the fence. "Where are you going, gayboy? You can run but you can't hide!" Three of them said in unison as they climbed the fence. I sprinted down an alley, and saw a chance for survival. I ran to a large orange dumpster, and unlatched the two front wheel brakes. They got into the entrance of the alley, and I kicked off the other two brakes, as well as kicking the dumpster towards them. They evaded the obstacle, giving me enough time to climb up the nearest Fire-escape.

I reached the roof quickly. I took a quick assurance breath before running to the edge of the building and jumping on to the shorter Apartment Complex. It hurt landing, but not as much as seeing the assholes reaching the first roof. I kept on running. Upon reaching the edge, I weighed my options: Face the assholes or Try to grab onto the adjacent building's fire escape. I chose option two. I ran, jumped off, and just barely made it.

The metal rungs cut my left hand open, but I kept climbing. The assholes climbed down a maintenance ladder, then were hot on my trail. I looked up and saw an extremely low and fast moving cloud. I reached the roof and saw Scoots gesturing for me to jump on. "I CAN'T WALK ON CLOUDS!" I yelled. "Miss Dash can hold you up!" she yelled back. I saw that I was running out of roof.

I took my chances and jumped to the cloud, where Dash caught me, and slid me onto her back. I was out of breath at that point, and panting. "Don't get any Ideas. This is a one-time occasion." Dash said. "Gosh, those guys hate you. Do you know why?" Scoots asked. "Because I didn't die when thrown out a window, and because I'm different. Well, we all are different in a way, right?" I replied. "Sorry about making you miss the movie, Scoots. I'll make it up to you when it comes out on DVD." I said.

"Lets head home." I said, looking to the slackjawed Assholes, then giving them the bird. We quickly arrived home, and Dash landed the cloud, and when we got off, Dash destroyed it. Scoots trotted off to her room, and Dash came up behind me as I bandaged my hand. "That was some cool running. You know, up until you cut your hand." she chuckled. I dropped the gauze when she spoke. "Sorry. I didn't mean to, you know, scare you." She said. "It's, It's ok." I replied, then wrapped the gauze back up, then placed it in the cabinet. "Thanks again for saving my life. You seem to be doing that a lot recently." I said. "You make Scootaloo happy, that's more than enough for me to save you."