• Published 29th Jun 2012
  • 16,902 Views, 605 Comments

Luna Plays... - Chaotic Note



A playful story of the lovable Princess Luna and her gaming shenanigans.

  • ...
46
 605
 16,902

**Chapter 11 - Prop Hunt**

“Hey Luna? Was this bike here before?”

Before Luna could answer, Rainbow Dash bashed the two-wheeled transport in its side with her rusted iron crowbar, smacking it into the tunnel's brick wall. It clanged loudly as it crashed, sounding very similar to any other metal object in the game. Frowning at Dash's brash act, Luna smacked her hoof against her forehead.

“Rainbow Dash! The bike was there before! Don’t make any hasty decisions!”

“Oops. Sorry.” Rainbow chuckled, testing her crowbar with a couple wild swings through the open sewer air.

“Sorry isn’t going to bring back your health, you know,” Luna scolded her, giving an out of place cabinet a piercing glare, before punishing the hidden player with a shotgun blast.

A cry from Bon Bon signaled Luna’s confirmed kill, as the earth pony’s splintered wood pieces flew everywhere, blown apart by the lethal bullet spread. Lyra comforted her marefriend through the chat, telling her that there will be a next time. After all, it wasn’t the candy maker’s fault that Luna was so good at memory, and hide-and-seek type of games. Well, the Princess of the Night was pretty much a champion at any type of game she played.

“Relax, Luna. Five HP isn’t that much,” Rainbow shrugged absentmindedly, apparently not giving two bucks about her mistake. “Besides, we’re bound to slip up every now and then.”

“Not me,” Luna shot back confidently. She shot Dash a smile, “I’m a goddess at this game.”

“Well that’s kinda obvious, figuratively and literally,” Rainbow laughed, pushing aside some cinder blocks, as they walked pass them. One of them twitched slightly, prompting Rainbow to bash the poor concrete block with her rusty weapon of choice.

Twilight cried out in shock, cursing at herself for moving the mouse slightly by accident. “Darn it, Rainbow Dash! That wasn’t fair! Spike bumped into my chair when that happened! I had at least a eighty-nine percent chance of surviving, if it weren’t for him!”

Rainbow Dash chuckled as she heard a faint objection from Spike through her friend’s microphone. “Oh, I’m pretty sure it was unfair, but that’s how life is, Twi. Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a do-over when I’m around.”

“There was never a restart button here in the first place, Miss Dash,” Luna sighed heavily, the slight irritation of Dash’s arrogance getting into her head.

“Hey don’t get your controllers in a bundle,” Rainbow sneered, a bit amused at the Moon Princess’ remark. “I’m pretty good at this game too.”

“Whatever,” Luna resigned with a soft exhale. She turned back to look over the rest of the objects in the room, “At least I’m not the one who hits everything she sees.”

“Oh come on! There were a ton of barrels that one time! It’s not like I could automatically figure out which one was a fake.”

“Yes, but was it necessary to hit them all recklessly, when your health was below fifty?” Luna's retort betrayed her growing frustration at the pegasus' impulsive behavior.

“Well… maybe! Yes, no, okay I dunno.” Rainbow flip-flopped on her decision as she looked around at the circular room they were in now, surveying the piles of boxes, cinderblocks, the lone market stand, and litters of trash lying around. “I mean, I guess I could have just taken it slow...”

“And gathered all the barrels into one spot so that we can shoot at them with the shotguns? Because that was a really great idea,” Luna finished for her, as she remembered what her original plan was.

The rest of the players who were still alive as fake props, Pinkie Pie and Applejack, snickered along with the others who had been destroyed.

“Ya know, Ah’m quite surprised Ah made it this far,” Applejack noted, proud of herself for surviving halfway through the match.

“Me too,” Pinkie Pie replied happily. “You always picked something apple related when we’re in this game!”

“S- shut up, Pinkie! No need to give ‘em any ideas!”

“Oh, don’t tell me you’ve picked another cider bottle again,” Rainbow sighed, as she crossed the room, still on the lookout for anything abnormal.

She gave the row of bottles that were on the abandoned market stand’s counter a look before swing her crowbar across, shattering them all into tiny glass shards. She must have lost at least twenty-five health from that attack, and that didn’t sit well with Luna.

“Dashie,” Luna warned her, pointing at the near-empty health bar above the pegasus' head.

“Oops. I did it again, didn’t I?” Rainbow kicked at one of the intact bottles on the ground which technically didn’t count as an attack.

“Yes. You did.” Luna heard the sneaky, stifled chuckles over the chat, knowing Pinkie and Applejack must have rehearsed this before the game. Or that they were probably texting each other without letting the other players know.

Luna looked at the game’s timer, and saw that there was little more than a minute left. They were running out of time.

“Rainbow Dash. This is the last room we’ve checked, so they have to be in here.”

“Who knows? Maybe we’re in the other rooms,” Pinkie Pie sang out into her microphone.

“Y- yeah. We are,” both Dash and Luna froze for a second, and shared a look.

“Okay. They’re definitely in this room,” Rainbow Dash declared, hearing Applejack stammer clear as a bell.

The apple farmer silently cursed, determined to now not move anything on her table. One slight move of the mouse, or a mistaken press of one of the keys, and she'd be caught before she could cry out for mercy. Like Applejack, Pinkie decided to keep her hooves off the keyboard as well, silently waiting and praying for the clock to run out.

As Luna and Rainbow Dash poked at the objects, it was now exactly one minute left for the game to end.

“Move faster, Dash.” Luna decided to shoot of the crates with her shotgun. It didn’t respond.

“That’s what I’m doing,” Rainbow said through her clenched teeth, kicking at the objects in hope of getting a startled response from her two friends.

The cyan mare walked past one of the objects, and Pinkie Pie covered her mouth to silence a giggle. However, it was already too late, as Rainbow Dash heard it. She quickly turned towards the pile of trash, shuffling the jugs of Windex and metal tin cans around. One of the dirty cans smacked its body against the concrete ground, but it didn’t make a solid clank.

“Run, Pinkie Pie! Run!” Applejack yelled, urging the party mare to escape.

The party mare pressed one of her movement keys at random, desperate to skedaddle out of there the best she could with her tiny, tiny metal body. However, it was inevitable, as death came for the pink pony. Rainbow Dash scored a home run with her crowbar, sending Pinkie's can-form all the way across the room, to the end of the tunnel.

“Aw poopy! I had it! I had it!” Pinkie Pie cried out, sad that she didn’t elude the pair of hunters.

“Sorry that had to happen, Pinks,” Rainbow Dash said, although pleased with her kill. “But winning is my middle name.”

“You can say that after you find me,” Applejack responded happily, glad to know that there were only twenty seconds left. “Ah have all the time Ah need.”

“Don’t get too cocky, Applejack,” Luna warned the mare. She looked around the room quickly, “We will find you.”

And they tried their best, but with only a few seconds remaining, they couldn’t help but smack at everything. The crates broke down, but didn’t show any signs of the red blood that would come out from a player disguised as a fake prop, and all the pieces of trash and litter were accounted for.

“Argh! This is hopeless!” Rainbow Dash groaned. Applejack laughed as there were only ten seconds left.

The brash mare was about to leave the room in anger, until Luna spoke, “Hey Dash. Come over here real quick.”

Rainbow's ears perked up. She ran over to the corner where the Night Princess was. Behind the pile of cinderblocks, sat a lone bottle of apple cider.

“I don’t recall ever seeing such a glass container in this spot. Do you, Rainbow Dash?”

The Element of Loyalty shook her head. There was nothing but silence in the chat.

“Why is everypony –” Luna relentlessly shot the bottle dead “– not saying anything?!”

In golden words, the game congratulated the winners, Luna and Rainbow. Twilight, Lyra, Bon Bon, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack all moaned in disappointment while the blue duo cheered.

“Tartarus yeah! That was awesome!” Rainbow Dash yelled out in joy, pumping her hooves in the air.

“Good game, good game!” Luna agreed, rearing up on her hind legs and waving her hooves in the air. She sat back down on her chair, getting herself comfortable before asking, “So, next map?”

There was a chorus of agreement among her friends, telling Luna it was okay to bring up the voting list for the next map's selection.

Author's Note:

Source of inspiration.