• Published 29th Jun 2012
  • 16,882 Views, 605 Comments

Luna Plays... - Chaotic Note



A playful story of the lovable Princess Luna and her gaming shenanigans.

  • ...
46
 605
 16,882

Chapter 8 - Minecraft Has Beginnings

Luna stood up top of a grassy ledge, overlooking the grassy biome in her starry magnificence. Usually, she doesn’t like green, but grass is neutral to her. They’re small, harmless, and make great garnishes. The world she is in reminded her of her old wooden block toys. She would use them to build towers of grand sea side ports, or looming, fortified wooden fortresses. She stomped on the very ledge she stands on to see if it was stable. It was. She turns back towards the sunset that slowly floats downward into the horizon. It was a blocky sort of sun, but it’s as bright as her beloved sister’s blazing one. As she appreciated the coming of night, a certain colt’s voice brought her back to earth.

“Luna? It’s becoming night now, we’re going set up camp here,” Chaotic said.

Thanks to the colt’s brilliant ingenuity of technology, he could now appear in his natural form thanks to his newest invention: the I.P.V or the Interactive Pony Visor. Players still use the custom minecraft skins drawn and made by fans everywhere, and thanks to the high res settings of the visor, players now could have the option to look more realistic as possible, or look even blockier.

“That’s a great idea Chaotic. And I do have to say, I have to congratulate you on your success,” Luna said.

“Aww, don’t mention it. Besides it is you I should thank. If you didn’t accept the offer to be in the commercial, my sales probably wouldn’t go as well as now.”

“Are you kidding? Any mare or colt could have been chose to promote your visor and everypony would have still bought it. Who wouldn’t like to have virtual reality technology?”

“Probably those gryphons we beat before.”

Luna giggled a little as her memories take her back to her first Haylo clan match. It seemed like months ago, yet felt like yesterday ever since Team Awesome capped the last flag. It was a fun match, and she still remembered that conversation she had with Chaotic. She had been feeling a bit depressed during the match because of all the responsibilities she had, and she felt that nopony appreciated her efforts. She remembered being mad at him for some reason as well but she doesn’t remember why. Must had be something little.

Luna observed the progress the team was making as they build the group of houses that will soon be the capital of this multiplayer server. The Elements of Harmony, Lyra, Belle Eve, Ditzy, Cadance, her husband, her sister, and Chaotic all came in today to help Luna’s dream be fulfilled. Well, all of their dreams in Minecraft. Today’s objectives were simple. Find a place to build the capital. Establish settlement. Expand the group of houses to a town, and soon, a city. Soon afterwards, through the powers of rumor and spreading the news, this will become the most popular multiplayer server ever! Really, who wouldn’t want to play in a world created by Luna (and company)? The city however, needs to be built first off.

Deep in thought, she looked up to see the moon rising from the east, a white block tinged with lines of silver and patches of grey. It was a wonderful representation of Luna’s celestial body, even if it was a square. She looked back down to see something in the distance. From past experience, she learned very quickly to be filled with dread at the first sight of it. It walks, explode, and it’s fucking green.

I hate green.

She had the right to hate green. These creepers as they were called do absolutely nothing except destroy everything that she built. And now they are coming over here to tear down her city before it even started.

“Guys!” Luna pulls out her sword. It was stone, but it will have to do. “We have creepers incoming!”

The group perked at the mare’s call and quickly come to her aid, with Luna in the lead. She swept in for a clean cut to the monster’s legs. The creeper landed face flat on the grass. Before it could blow up, Luna went in for the critical kill at the head. It died with less than a ‘sss’. With the power of the visor’s enhanced sound technology, she heard an arrow released towards her. With the combination of the visor’s indicator and her honed battle skills, she ducked beneath the path of the projectile and threw her weapon towards the skeleton. The blunt force of the sword quickly dismantles the dark magic structure of the skeleton that held it together, and with luck, the sharp edge pierces the spider’s soft abdomen.

The battle went by so quickly, that Luna didn’t have time to process what her friends were doing. She could see Twilight to her right using virtual magic (since real magic would overload the game) to levitate her sword straight into the heart of a zombie. Belle Eve used ‘old school’ pony fu to kick an Enderman to the face. Fluttershy was staring at another one for some weird reason, but oddly it seemed to be working well against the slender man. Tia held back a horde of the undead with her golden sword, quoting out battle phrases and poems from various video games that were related to the sun. And Chaotic. Well, he seemed to be doing fine.

“Eat TNT bitch!” *BOOM*

Yeah, he’s doing fine.

Throughout the night, Team Awesome quickly dispatched waves of zombies, spiders, skeletons, and other creatures of the dark, with only the silent moon as their spectator. Soon the sun woke up from its slumber to be greeted by the group’s massacre. The sun, being a positive force, decided to help with its sun rays, killing the undead, and driving the night creatures back into the caves. At the end, the whole group collapsed in virtual exhaustion. Luna surveyed the area once more to find it littered with creeper holes. Luckily, none of the finished houses were damaged and the holes could be plugged up again.

“Chaotic?” Luna asked. “Could you go get som-“

“Yea yea, I’ll get some dirt.” He ventures off to a nearby hill to harvest the much needed dirt.

“Twilight, I’ll need you and Lyra to mine some cobble stone for the houses.”

“Yes ma’am!” They both headed to a nearby cave.

“Sister, could you-“

“I think I’ll just stay here and tend to my chickens.” Celestia placed down a stair block and rested her royal beneath on it.

“But sister? There are no chickens,” Luna said.

Celestia pulled out of her inventory some wheat. No, not just wheat. Golden wheat. Soon after, a herd of cows, sheeps, pigs, and a flock of chickens appeared over the horizon and gathered around the sun goddess.

“Well I got more than I wanted, but at least I have chickens,” she smiled.

Luna didn’t look impressed. “I’ll go make a pen for them,” Celestia quickly said. She scurried away to a manageable distance to make a farm area.

“Well, since ah know a lot about farmin’ I could go help the princess,” Applejack suggested.

Luna only had a hoof on her face. “Just go, just go.”

Applejack scurried off to the new farm.

“The rest of you, we still have a lot of materials left. Let’s finish the houses.”

The rest of the group set to work, covering wide spaces with foundations of houses. Luna went right to work to build the defense wall, as she did she looked up in the sky to see the sun slightly warming her. The clouds rolled by, providing nice shades across the grassy plains and the future seemed bright for the future capital.

“Say Luna?” said Chaotic.

“Yes Chaotic?”

“We never even discussed the name of the city. What should we call it?”

“Hmm, how about New Ponyville?”

“Nah, too redundant.”

“Okay, how about, Equestria?”

“…Actually that has a nice ring to it. Even though we already are living in Equestria.”

“Okay then. Team Awesome! We are to call this capital, ‘New Equestria!’”


Side Note: There are two video game references in here, the first one to find them both will be featured in the next story! (That is not Portal 2!) Or it could be a character of their choosing.