• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 1,060 Views, 54 Comments

Legend of the Sirens: Wild Vines - zalla661



Adagio and Rainbow go to Camp Everfree for a school reunion. Trouble lurks close behind.

  • ...
3
 54
 1,060

The Charge

Author's Note:

Here we are another day another chapter. Not major announcements today folks!

Aria flew in front of her father and roared at him menacingly. She was surprised he didn’t react as he continued to walk on toward Canterlot City without so much as looking at her. Aria kept adjusting her position to place herself in front of her father to try and get his attention.

She could see off in the distance US tanks were blockading the city limits. She knew from past experiences that it would go badly for them. She called to her father pleading for him to stop. It was undignifying to her, but she was doing it for the safety of others. Humans. Humans who hunted her and her sisters once, some even worshipped them in ancient human times.

Now?

They were but myth and legends to humans aside from their recent dealings with them. For Aria it was a step backwards from her nature. The nature to rule, to dominate. Which begged the question, what did she want from life?

As she pondered this she backflipped in the air and flew towards a tank directly in her father's path. The tank commander a older man in his forties was watching the two monsters exchanging with one another, as he would put it, when one suddenly turned to come towards him and his tank. Worried about this being an attack he ordered a few of his tanks and gunners to shoot down the incoming hostile.

The tanks cannons roared and burst to flames as they fired their heavy shells at Aria. The siren nimbly dodged them, swaying her body side to side as she did. She flew above the tank commander and landed on top of his tank beside him. She coiled her body as to not accidentally injure the human, she knew the others would be cross with her if she did.

She stared up at her father ignoring the humans around her and focused on her father who was steadily closing in.

Then it dawned on her, why did she care about the humans? Her sisters never cared before. So, why did they care now? Aria herself didn’t care if the humans perished. She didn’t care if they were destroyed and their civilization fell. So, what was she doing all this?

Her own satisfaction?

A promise to her sisters?

No, not a promise she never did such a thing. She thought about her friends the Rainbooms, even Trixie and her obnoxious habits. How had she gone from a ruthless siren to a big soft kitty cat in such a short amount of time? The sirens were responsible for some of the greatest calamities and human history, many of which had numerous casualties. They toppled empires, destroyed armies, crushed any opposition with their voices,.

So why did they now help the humans, she wondered.

Why did she degrade herself to help weak humans who rely on others for support?

She glared up at her father and then turned her attention to the human tank commander beside her. He was standing in the tanks top hatch relaying orders to the other humans on his headset. The barrels of the tanks lifted and aimed at Godzilla.

She stared at the human with a fierce gaze. Even though he wasn't looking at her the commander could tell the siren was looking at him. His primal instincts told him to run, but years of discipline kept him in place to do his job. Aria noticed him visibly shaking and heard a slight stutter in his speech.

That’s what she missed.

Fear.

Yes, fear. She looked back at her father again as the tanks began to fire at him completely ignoring her. As she watched she knew this isn’t what how things were suppose to be. She was a siren. A siren was born to rule and dominate. Who was she to break the cycle? The strong survived and thrived. It’s why the sirens use to dominate Equestria. It filled her with pride to think back on the days when her sisters reign terror across the magical lands of the world.

Like the humans against her father there.

The humans used their machines to try and stop him. Their technology being their only defense against him. Like Equestria used its magica against them. Aria knew it was a siren's destiny to rule and conquer, but if that was to be, then why did they lose to an ancient stallion unicorn?

She felt herself deflate as the first shells impacted her father with zero effect. She knew their warships had not enough power to stop him yet here they were with tanks, arguably some of their worst machines trying to stop her father. A force of nature that couldn't’ be stopped.

Yet, deep down she had this tiny feeling in her chest. It pulled at her and made it ache. A feeling of something like sadness filled her as she thought about the humans vain attempt to stop her father. She felt a jolt as the tank she was on began to back up as her father got too close. She looked over to see the tank commander calling for a retreat and regroup.

“-all units, fall back to position 2! Prepare the mazuer tanks for deployment,” he said as his tank fired again, violently jolting it back.

Aria had to brace herself to not be thrown off the tank. She looked back and forth between the tank commander and her father who was turning to face them and give chase. He leaned down on all fours and slowly picked up his pace in a slow trot. He built up speed and began to gallop after the tanks. Aria observed a strange limp he had in his arms and legs. Something in his back legs was not right. She watched as the humans stopped shooting their tank cannons at him and focused on a full retreat. The trees made a slight hinderance to Godzilla.

The tanks weaved in and out of the trees fleeing from the massive kaiju. Not far behind Aria noticed Adagio’s tank was rearing up behind Godzilla.

Adagio was clearly trying to keep a safe distance between them so she lagged behind. Not that it mattered, it was hard to miss a huge building size creature rampaging through the forest, not the trail it leaves behind.

Aria again looked at the tank commander who was just staring at her, but once she turned to face him he quickly averted his gaze. She did catch a hint of his eyes sliding back to her for a brief second then returned to the tanks directions.

Suddenly the tanks came to a clearing where several main roads converged heading towards Canterlot. The roads from here were clear of all vegetation. The path was clear and unhindered. It was a perfect place for the humans to die. So, why did they come here?

Aria got her answer as the tanks suddenly broke apart around massive vehicle platforms with strange almost radar like structures at the end of large cranes on them.

These platforms were large modified trucks and were lined up around the forest area. They had their dishes up and aimed at Godzilla who seemed unaware of them. That is, until they fired long loud lightning beams at him.

These beams emitted a high pitched noise that made Aria flinch and cover her sensitive ears. The tank commander nearly jumped from his porthole when the siren suddenly started roaring in agonizing pain from the sound the mauzer cannons made. He wasn’t sure what to make of it, but what he did know was the creature on his tank was in pain. So, as a good matured human he went down below his tank and came back up with a headset. He awkwardly put them over the sirens ears which muffled the noise around Aria.

It took a few seconds for Aria to notice that the world around her became quieter. She looked up and craned her neck around trying to move her ears but found it hard to do so. See touched her ears and felt something on them. After a minute she realized she was wearing some kind of earmuffs she determined. She looked back at the tank commander who gave her a thumbs up.

Aria turned away from him blushing furiously. She snorted indignantly making the human laugh.

The laughs ended abruptly when the tank commander got an incoming message. Thanks to her heart set Aria heard it too and perked her ears up at the panicked voice she suddenly heard.

*Commander! The mauzers aren’t working anymore! What do we do?*

The commander replied in a calmer manner, “Don’t worry. Bring in unit 2 and 3. Surround him and fire at will. Aim for his legs. We’ll see if we can topple him.”

Aria looked out at her father who had now stopped and was standing perfectly still. Behind him several more mauzer tanks, smaller ones, come from the trees where they came from moments earlier. These tanks however were much smaller. Aria tilted her head thinking they looked like eight wheeled turtles with cannons attached to their backs. They were funny looking things. She forced back a snort of laughter as they clumsily emerged from the trees and fired.

Godzilla again seemed unfazed by the tanks. Aria stared at him intently. She was sure they tanks were doing damage to him. Chunks of his hide ere breaking off but he didn’t seem to notice the tanks were there.

Then Godzilla suddenly stood back on his hind legs and fired a multicolored atomic breath at the ground beneath his feet, and slowly lifted his head to drag the beam across the ground and through a row of tanks destroying them in a fiery explosion.

The attack hit the tanks beside Aria and shook the tank she was on. The tank commander then order the tanks to fall back and regroup at a third point. As they began to move Godzilla shot another breath attack. This time he spun around in a circled destroying at least fifty tanks around him.

This shattered their ranks forcing them to scatter to not get hit by his attack. Aria watched from the tank she was on as the humans scurried like bugs around him. As he spun around the managed to hit the tank Aria was on sending it into a tree shaking the crew and dazing them.

Godzilla reared up to fire again this time however Aria took flight and placed herself between her father and the tank she was on. He expelled his breath again directly at Aria. In a frantic panic Aria used what power of her voice she had reclaimed and screeched back at the blast effectively diverting its short burst and deflecting it.

The attack however left Aria drained. She was a weakened siren against her father, the apex predator of two worlds. She knew it was a folly the moment she realized what she did. For hen she did she had to defend herself against another attack. A second breath attack was expelled from Godzilla instantly after the last, and all the drained siren could do was use her voice to created a protective barrier around herself and the tank behind her. She hummed in a low tone as the magic in her voice circled around her in a pink bubble diverting the breath attack away from her and the tank for the most part.

The attack however didn’t cease as it did before, and Aria found herself straining to keep the barrier up until finally she couldn’t keep it any longer.

The pink barrier broke and the force from the breath attack hit Aria full force sending her into the side of the immobile tank effectively knocking her out.

The tank commander clumsily jumped out of his tank and tried to help the fallen siren. A few Mauzer tanks remained to help support the rest of the retreating tanks. Godzilla diverted his attention to the incoming tanks and destroyed them with another attack from his breath. A few tasks remained and were swept away by a flick of his tail. This sent there main tanks into the air and crashing into the ground in a series of fiery explosions.

From the forest line Adagio and her friends had managed to catch up and saw the exchange of destruction Godzilla had caused. The group exited the small tank and looked over the death and destruction with their own eyes. Sonata looked like she was on the verge of tears, Rainbow was to stunned to speak, and Twilight was being held by Applejack trying to calm her down.

Adagio stepped forward seeing her father roaring into the sky as a ship she recognized came into view.

“Father, why are you doing this?” She asked feeling anger inside her.

Just as she thought this a truck came raging past and drove off into the distance heading straight for Godzilla, and Applejack let out a holler.

“That’s mah truck!”

Meanwhile the tank commander was helping his crew when a large crater came over the trees and slowly hovered above them. The team looked up and recognized the ship and markings on it.

“Sir, it the G-Force and the new Super X,” one of the commanders crewmen said pointing up.

The ship flew off circling wide around Godzilla as he finished with the last of the tanks. He turned his attention to the ship and without hesitating he fired his multicolored atomic breath at the ship. The ship stopped after being hit and activated it’s refractal armor diverting the blast t to minimize the damage as the Super X before.

Once the attack ceased the newly refurbished Super X opened its front shell and shot a light blue beam from a hidden weapon that hit Godzilla in the shoulder blasting away a whole section of his flesh revealing a metallic shoulder bone underneath.

The tank commander saw this but turned his attention to the unconscious creature that saved his team's lives including his own.

He gently caressed the scaly cheeks of the fallen siren when he noticed a large gash on her head. *Must have been from the impact on the tank,* he thought.

“Sir! Incoming!”

The sudden scream of an incoming sent the entire crew into a defensive stance drawing their weapons as a truck came to a skidding halt in front of them. The commander held his hand up signalling his team to hold fire as he looked into the driver's seat. The door opened and Spitfire came out with an angry look on her face.

The commander lowered his weapon and approached the truck after signaling his team to do so as well. Holstering his weapon he approached Spitfire extending an arm pout for a handshake.

“Major, we weren’t expecting you. Thought you were on leave?”

Spitfire shook the commander's hand with an unamused look.

“I was. Then that bastard showed up…” She paused to see the siren near the tank.

Suddenly her mood changed. As the battle raged on behind her she came to the fallen siren and looked it over. The tank commander approached behind her and knelt down beside her as she lifted the creature's head.

“It saved us from him,” He said, gesturing to Godzilla. “Took the lizards breath attack for us twice. It saved us.”

Spitfire didn’t care though. All she saw was a smaller monster before her. She looked back at the truck she had and with a snap of her fingers gathered the attention of the tank crew.

“Listen up all of you! As you know I am Major Spitfire head of the G-Force!” She said standing on the hood of the truck. “What we have here is a chance to get to know these creatures better. I want you to help me gather this beast into the truck and help me take it back to headquarters!”

The tank crew stood where they were. None of them moved at eh Major’s order. This caused Major Spitfire to nearly lose her temper.

“In cause you don’t know how ranking systems work you worthless maggots, MAJOR OUTRANKS ALL OF YOU!!” She yelled at them. “Now get this beast into the truck pronto or I’ll have you all discharged! Now move it!”


The tank commander took this as his que to get his crew to follow the major’s orders.

“Alright everyone,” He said clapping his hands. “You heard the Major! Get this thing in the back of the truck!”

It didn’t take but a moment for the tank crew together their senses and help lift Aria’s unconscious body into the truck. It was a difficult struggle. Despite her small size she was surprisingly heavy. Once the crew managed to get her into the back of the truck, which looked like she would break the suspension, the team gathered in their tank and followed Spitfire back to Canterlot. The tank commander however remained in the back with Aria letting her head rest on his lap as they drove off.

Adagio and the other meanwhile were watching as Godzilla fight back against the G-Force Super X. They were in a stalemate. It was clear neither had the advantage. The Super X couldn’t get another shot off and wasn’t maneuverable enough to flank Godzilla, Godzilla also couldn’t get an angle on the Super X either.

They circled around each other trying to outflank the other.

Then Godzilla doubled back spinning his body around and wiped his tail at the Super X. The attack was so sudden they didn’t have time to respond. The impact knocked the Super X back and wobble in place as it regained its stability, thus temporarily immobilizing it. Godzilla turned to face the Super X’s side and shot another multicolored atomic breath at its side where the refractal armor wasn’t.

The attack badly damaged the side of the hovercrafts stabilizer sending it to the ground. Godzilla stared down at the fallen craft and fired his breath at it again destroying a small portion of the ship. By now, Adagio couldn’t take it anymore. She transformed into her siren for as did her sister Sonata and both of them flew towards the fallen human craft.

Again Godzilla attacked destroying another portion of the Super X.

Then again.

After his third strike at the Super X Adagio and Sonata came in front of him screeching and chirping at him while frantically waving their arms at him. Like Aria before them he completely ignored the calls of his kin and continued his attack.

He attacked again with no regard to his kin standing before him, thus forcing Sonata and Adagio to combine their voices to protect the humans. Having regained her father's blessings Adagio was at the pinnacle of her power easily rivalling her father's power. Thus her power alone was sufficient enough to divert his attack, but with Sonata’s help it was hardly felt at all.

The next attack unfortunately was a powerful swipe of his clawed hand swiping at Adagio and Sonata. Adagio remembered a tip she gave Rainbow Dash when they did some training for Rainbow to understand her siren form better, it was, *Always remember Rainbow, magical barriers are meant to stop magical forces. Blunt force is less effective unless your using magic that is specifically meant for it.*

Unfortunately for Adagio and Sonata this was a time where they applied the wrong type of magic for the situation. The swipe from Godzilla broke through their barrier and knocked both of them into the side of the damaged Super X.

Adagio and Sonata groaned trying onto their sides trying to get up. The pain was unbearable. They both felt as though their bodies were about to break apart from the force of Godzilla’s attack. A moment later the sound of the Super X ejecting its pilots sounded as they went flying into the air.

Adagio barely had the strength to look up to see Godzilla standing on his back legs and roared at the two fallen sirens. The sound of his roar was like listening to thousands of robot cats being thrown into a blender mixed with thousands of nails running down chalkboards to their ears forcing both Adagio and Sonata to cover their ears. Tiny dripped of blood dripped from their eyes nose, and ears, as the roar continued. Both the sirens felt like their heads were going to explode, quite literally in this case. The pressure in their skulls kept increasing and increasing, but just as they were about to accept their unfortunate fates a blue fiery blast hit Godzilla in the side of the head knocking him back and stumble.

Adagio and Sonata looked in the direction of the attack and were shocked by what they saw. From above her there was her father in all his glory. Chest out and prideful then she looked back at the first Godzilla who was now recovering from the attack and stared blankly at the new arrival. The newly arrived Godzilla roared loudly at his counterpart, his voice having a soothing sound to Adagio and Sonata.

The two sirens watched as the massive kaiju stared down his competitor as he began to burn in a bright blue flame that engulfed his body.