• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 1,060 Views, 54 Comments

Legend of the Sirens: Wild Vines - zalla661



Adagio and Rainbow go to Camp Everfree for a school reunion. Trouble lurks close behind.

  • ...
3
 54
 1,060

Return

Author's Note:

uh, oh! Stuffs happening everyone!

Gloriosa and Gaia are bonding, Rainbow is learning to be a siren, and failing. And Aria is getting double glomped! oh, what could the writer be thinking?! nothing good I can promise you that?

Aria nearly busted up laughing at Kyle’s question about the existance of aliens. Aria felt like it was such an odd idea. Then again, she was from a magical world where magic and unicorns are from, and this world has neither magic or unicorns. So, aliens shouldn't be so farfetched as they seem.

Then again, she remembered, even back then, some ponies believed in extraterrestrial life. Even Starswirl the Bearded believed in them to an extent. So, why did Aria nearly keel over laughing at the idea of being asked about aliens? Simple, she didn’t believe in them herself.

Ever since coming to the human world she knew about aliens from her life in Equestria. She didn’t believe in them then either, the human world only solidified that belief when humans mistook her and her sisters for aliens and angels. It was these event that all but solidified her disbelief in aliens.

“No, I don’t believe in aliens,” Aria said bluntly behind her snickering.

Kyle frowned at her. Clearly not liking the answer he’d just received.

Aria noticed his frown and tilted her head, and placed a hand on her hip in her human form.

“What? You don’t actually believe in aliens yourself, do you Commander?” Aria asked in a conceited manner.

Kyle shook his head. “Trust me when I say they do. In fact you know one. Personally.”

Aria wasn’t sure what to make of that. She was sure she didn’t know of any aliens on earth, and she most certainly was sure she didn’t know any aliens personally. Regardless of what she thought she had to get back to Camp Everfree to see if her sisters and their friends were okay. Walking up behind Kyle she grabbed his shoulder and forced him around and stood face to face with him. Her eyes narrowed with determination and ire.

Kyle gulped at the sight of her piercing gaze made him want to run away in fear. The only thing keeping him in place was the years of training and experience he had to maintain his composure. This however was different than going into battle. There was something, primal behind Aria’s gaze that made him tremble in his boots. An almost animal instinct to flee, and Aria took complete notice, grinning.

“What? Are you so infatuated with me that you’re all shaky human?” She asked placing a hand against the wall behind his head. “Are you, attracted to me?”

She gave the human male a cheeky smile which only made him more nervous. There was something different about her now. He could smell a certain sweetness in the air as her arm was only an inch from his head. It was intoxicating to him. A sweet aroma much like lilac mixed with a strong peach scent hit his senses. Topped with his fear of moving he was now completely immobilized by her.

Aria knew she had him right where she wanted him. *And Adagio thought I lost my touch. Who needs your voice when you got simple charms and, feral instincts doing all the work for you?* She thought, completely enjoying her time with her new plaything.

“What’s wrong Kyle? Are you liking this, or is it something else that has you dumb struck with silence?” She asked running a finger over the side of his face. “Is it fear that keeps you by chance?” *Yes, it is I know it is.* If there was one thing Aria inspired in humans it was fear.

She was known by many names over the centuries, the Dragon of the East, Ragnarok, even the mighty Qetzeluatal. She enjoyed fawning her beauty and power over humans and bending them to her will. Her fun however was cut short when kyle was shaken from his trance like stupor by a harsh voice yelling.

“Commander! What are you doing to him!?”

Both the human and siren looked back to see a young woman in a japanese army uniform. She was small and petite compared to other females Aria had seen in the military before, but something about this one seemed off.

She was asian from what Aria could tell, fair skinned, black hair tied up in a bun, and had dark brown eyes that Aria swore were looking into her soul. Deep where she didn’t like prying eyes. The woman walked over to Kyle and touched his forehead with her palm. She then closed her eyes and started to hum slightly. This calming voice of hers rang in Aria and Kyle's ears making them both feel at ease. Combined with her humming their minds became clear and Aria had to fight back a retaliatory instinct to maul the girl, while Kyle shook his head and came too like he had a bad dream.

“Wh-wha-where am I What happened?” He asked frantically.

The woman patted his head and shoulders trying to calm him with a sweet smile that seemed to do the trick. Aria hated that smile, and totally not the fact this human undid her spell on Kyle she was having fun with.

The woman smiled and said softly, “You were in a trance by this woman. I helped clear your head.”

“Oh, Thanks Miki Saegusa. It’s nice to know you are around when stuff gets real,” Kyle said, laughing and blushing.

Miki giggled and in her thick Japanese accent she replied, “Always with your American style jokes, but Mr. Higata, you need to be careful around her. I sense great evil from her.” Miki said, glaring judgingly at Aria.

“Hey, you best back off if you know what’s good for you human!” Aria snapped with a snarl, baring her teeth at Miki.

But the human wasn’t intimidated by this. She was so calm. So, so calm. It made Aria furious as the woman approached her with a sad look in her eyes. Miki looked at Aria deep into her soul and closed her eyes placing her hands over her heart. Aria wasn’t sure what she was doing at first, but what Miki said next shook her to the core.

“I sense great anger in you, Aria Blaze, or should I say, Kuyutha?” Aria’s gaze snapped back at Miki in complete shock.

“H-how… how do you know that name?”

“Yes, I can see your past. It was humans who hurt you, and now you have a chance to hurt them back,” Miki said calmly only serving to anger Aria more. “You once felt love, and even gave it once long ago. I can see the betrayal at Solomon. Your bitterness isn’t unwarranted, but that was long ago. Humanity has so much more to offer than betrayal.”

Aria snorted turning away from Miki and crossing her arms.

“You don’t know me at all human.”

“I know you aren’t a monster. I felt a great darkness in your heart and it swells even now. You are afraid of humanity and rightfully so. You’ve seen kindness from the commander,” She gestured to Kyle and then down the hall. “You even were saved by someone who has it out against your kind. She put that behind her after seeing what the G-Force has become. Corrupt and with the single minded task of destroying all kaiju in the world. Especially Godzilla.”

“And I should care why?” Aria asked bluntly. “I don’t own humanity anything after what it did to me!”

Miki tilted her head and looked at Commander Kyle then back to Aria.

“Then why did you save the, Commander and his crew? Why not let them perish?”

Aria felt her anger surge again. She ran forward with lighting speed and pinned Miki to the wall. She had Miki by the collar and punched with her open hand against the concrete walls of the bunker, leaving a fist sized impression in the wall next to Miki’s head.

“I saved them because I could!”

Miki smiled kindly at Aria. Not in a smug, or condescending way, but genuine kindness with no ill intentions behind it.

“Or maybe you see something in the Commander that you like?” Miki hinted.

“Wha-what? NO!! There’s nothing I like about him!” She said throwing Miki to the side. “Besides, what could I possibly see in a bunch of worthless humans that are inferior to me!?”

Miki giggled and helped herself off the floor with Kyle’s help.

“Say what you want, but I can sense it. You long to be loved again, and seek any reason to like humanity. Despite your best efforts to hide it,” MIki said, smirking at Aria playfully. “Yo can deny it of course, but you’ll never be able to hide the truth from yourself.”

“You’re wrong,” Aria snapped walking away toward the Abrams tank. “Besides, what does that have to do with aliens?”

Miki and Kyle looked worriedly at each other before Miki spoke again in a more direct tone.

“We know there is an alien organization here on Earth,” She said walking over to Aria to show her pictures of the large mechanical monster like her father. “These were taken in Japan a few years ago when there was a large storm over the Mariana Trench. UN Agents have discovered two alien bases that act as supply depots for this mechanized weapon. We think there’s one here in Canterlot, but we never figured out where it is.”

Aria snorted again not caring one bit until Kyle spoke next.

“We think, after the plant that now encases Camp Everfree and the fact the mechagodzilla went i n its general direction before disappearing that the base may be in the camp itself,” he said.

“We need to get through the plant barrier to know for sure, and to do that I need to get close to mind meld with the plant creature,” Miki said.

“What, are you some sort of Vulcan now? Are you an alien?”

Aria was now being as obnoxious as possible at this point. She glared at both Miki and Kyle who neither flinched at her piercing glare.

“Humph, whatever. Why not just walk up to it and “meld” with it then?” Aria asked bluntly to the point.

“Every attempt we’ve made has ended in complete destruction of our forces. We even went under a white flag hoping the plant wouldn’t attack, but that failed too,” Kyle said. “We were hoping that you could help us?”

“Why me?” Aria asked. “Why not get the G-Force on this? Actually while we're on the subject, who are you guys exactly? Are you with the G-Force? Who’s side are you on?”

“We’re not with the G-Force, Miss Blaze. So you can rest assured you’re safe with us.” Miki said.

“Fine. Whatever.” Aria snapped. “So, who are you then?”

Miki showed Aria a golden badge in a small flip holder, much like a police officer would. It was a golden crest with the UN insignia on it.

“United nations? Wow, so you guys are serious about this supposed alien threat?” Aria asked with genuine surprise.

Miki and Kyle nodded together. Then Kyle spoke, “Spitfire is a Officer of the United Nations technically. If you help us, we can force her to leave you and your family alone. All we ask is for your help, Miss Bl-”

“Don’t call me, Miss. It makes me feel old,” Aria said feeling her cheeks burning. Finally seeing no other option she relented with a weary sigh, rubbing her head. “Fine, you keep the witch on a short leash and away from my family I’ll help you. First I need to find my sister. She can help us out.”

Mikio and Kyle nodded. The trio made a verbal contract that if Aria and her sister helped stop the alien threat, or at least help confirm if there was one, they’d order Spitfire to cease all activities related to harassing Adagio and her family/friends. With their deal made Aria shifted back into her siren form and curled up on her perch on Kyle’s tank, while his crew got ready to roll out. Miki took to the air in a custom AH-1 Cobra helicopter with her pilot and followed Kyles tank as it rolled out of the pillbox, heading towards Canterlot City.

All the while Aria couldn’t help but be fixated on Miki’s words about her insecurities. Aria was no fool though. She knew a telepath when there was one around. Miki was a novice at the craft of telepathy, but she was skilled enough to influence the minds of others. *Heh, then again all men are conceited fools.* Aria mused to herself. She then looked over to Kyle Who was fixated with ordering his driver where to go he didn’t notice Aria glancing at him on occasion. What was it about this human that fascinated her so? She wondered.

Had she lost her mind? Was she suddenly getting sentimental because of Miki? Yes, it had to be that. That foolish human was trying to influence her mind, and somehow it was affecting her feelings on this male human before her. Aria clenched her jaw barring her teeth and fangs slightly. She would make Miki pay for placing these foolish thoughts in her head. After all, Aria never agreed to let them live after she did their task for them. A good mauling is what she needed right now.

But Aria had to hold back for the humans sake. She didn't want Kyle to get on her case in case she needed him to side with her later. At least, that’s what she kept telling herself.

She glanced over at him once more then back at the road leading to Canterlot City. She sighed with a deep throat gurgle that made him look at her. He smiled and hesitantly reached out to her with his hand. He paused just inches away when Aria growled at him, turning her eyes on him, but not he rhead. He chuckled and rubbed her cheek calmly, throwing caution to the wind, and the sensation of his hand rubbing her cheek made her heat up with embarrassment. She instinctively started to purr at the touch. She both hated it and liked it at the sametime.

She glared at the male human and his stupid silly grin he had at her purring in his hand. She huffed, but allowed him to continue all the way to the City.

*Camp Everfree Gloriosa*

Gloriosa watched over Camp Everfree and the few humans that were left in it. Trixie and Maud were back in the center of the camp talking. Rather, it was more like trixie was complaining and Muad was trying to comfort her. Limestone ws with Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie and Timber Spruce trying to break through the barrier of vines that Gaia had setup.

Gloriosa was worried that if she kept everyone here long enough they might get hurt or starve. They only had so much food, and Camp Everfree was not the best place to forage for food.

She wanted to release them, but she had to keep others from coming to the camp in the meantime. It was only temporary after all. Gloriosa and Gaia were now one being, but still two minds. It was still an odd feeling.It was like that feeling of knowing you’re being watched but you can’t see who’s looking at you. It took some time for Gloriosa to get use to this feeling, but she got use to being part of Gaia, and that made her feel powerful.

Gaia could sense the girls eagerness and often told her to be patient. Gaia had much to teach her about patience, but that would have to come later.

The two of them turned their attention to Canterlot City where she could hear and see through all the plants and life there. She saw a tank, with one of the sirens she had battled earlier riding it through the plants. Gloriosa growled at the scaly beast wanting to crush it, and she tried too. Gaia however held her back metally.

*Be at peace, Gloriosa. We will gain nothing by making them our enemy now.* Gais thought to her.

*But, if we do nothing they’ll come back and try to do my camp harm!* The young woman whinned. *I don’t want to lose my camp!*

She then felt a deepening anger in herself and Gaia.

*You mean OUR camp. I was there long before humans walked this world and I was the first of the primordial beings to walk this world!*

*Sorry,* Gloriosa thought cringing at eh mental assault of Gaia’s thoughts. *I just don’t want to lose my home. I live at Camp Everfree, and I love it more than anything in the world. Besides family of course.* She added quickly.

Gaia approved, sensing her sincerity in her thoughts. It was true. Gaia had watched the young girl since she was a child. Gaia and Gloriosa both thought back to a time when a young child Gloriosa fell into one of the rivers after losing her little pink shoe.

The young girl was so eager to get it back she fell into the river and was nearly swept away. Thankfully Gaia Everfree was able to spare her attention to save her from drowning. It was so sudden, but clear in Gloriosa’s mind that day. She remembered being swept by the river while her aunt Spitfire was watching her.

The Major had just suffered a terrible injury that broke her left arm and part of her lower leg. Glorioasa remembered her aunt crying out to her to stay calm and try to swim to shore. Then as if being lifted by a gentle hand, gloriosa felt her body being lifted and guided to shore by the very water itself. Once ashore again she remembered being embraced by her aunt who cried holding her in her arms until her brother Timber Spruce came to help.

It was a fond memory that now made so much sense to Gloriosa. She smiled feeling a certain fondness for Gaia Everfree. She felt her connection to Gaia deepen as her understanding of her increased.

Then Gaia’s thought to her, *All life is precious. Every plant. Every animal. Human. Bird. Beast.* Gaia showed images of various things as she labeled them. The first was a tree, then a cat and dog, then Spitfire, a raven, and then the beast on the tank.

This moment helped deepen both Gloriosa’s understanding of Gaia, and Gaia’s understanding of Gloriosa.

Gaia could feel how Gaia affected the young woman into the environment lover eshe was. That day she save GLoriosa from the river was a day that would lay the foundation for their future together, and Gaia and Gloriosa wouldn’t have it any other way.

*Sweet Apple Acres*

Adagio and Rainbow were in their siren forms in a nearby open grassy field on Sweet Apple Acres. They were training so Rainbow could learn more about her newfound siren powers.

So far all she had was flying, greater speed, strength, a vocal blast, and nothing truly extraordinary. Adagio even tried to teach her words to the songs of her people, the sirens, but to no avail. Whatever Rainbow Dash had, she wasn’t able to sing the songs of sirens for any effect. They were literally just songs when Rainbow sang them, but Adagio could feel power rise when she sang.

It disheartened Rainbow slightly.

When she realized she wasn’t going to get a beautiful singing voice the human turned siren suddenly got very depressed real quick. After a few more exercises she flew deeper into the apple trees and disappeared saying she wanted some time alone. Adagio wasn't sure at first, but decided to give her girlfriend some space. She returned to the house and waited for Rainbow to come back on her own.

But she didn’t.

Rainbow flew deep into the forest of apple trees and landed on a branch coiling her body around it. Sort of. She still wasn’t use to her serpentine body. She was serpentine in shape about twelve feet long. Large sharp scutes, jagged, and silver, compared to her sky blue body. Her arms were long and hooved, at the base of her midsection were two large sail like fins that rested at her tan underbelly. Her head was round almost soft looking and had huge blue ears with tiny antennae that twitched with the slightest touch from the wind. Her tail wrapped around the tree branch was hard to keep wrapped around the branch, and hanging below was her huge fish like fins at the end of her tail. She sighed feeling depressed that she was just an imitation siren.

She still couldn’t sing. Her voice was still raspy and cracked when she tried to sing like Adagio or Sonata. It made her feel inadequate. Worse off she couldn’t perform the types of powers sirens had. She felt like a cheap knockoff, and she didn’t know how to feel about that.

Being competitive by nature Rainbow wasn’t one to take second place for anything. In this case she realized she had no choice but to settle for last, because she literally couldn’t do anything about it.

It was depressing to her. She thought back to her friends, and Trixie, who they left behind hoping they were alright. Not Trixie though. She knew maud well enough that Trixie would survive so long as Limestone wasn’t left alone with her for very long. It brought a crack of a smile to Rainbow’s lips to think of Limestone yelling at a cowering Trixie in her mind.

The scutes on her back twitched with glee and her fins flapped slightly at the thought. Then her antenna suddenly sensed a powerful vibration. Like acaat, her head popped up and she scanned around the area trying to use her antenna to pinpoint the source of the vibrations. They her large ears turned slightly left at the familiar sound of a tank engine roaring nearby. In a panic she threw herself off the tree and flew into the air where she saw a Cobra helicopter flying toward the main house of Sweet Apple Acres.

In a panic she flew towards the house as the helicopter landed by the barn as a tank and jeep rolled up next to them. Everyone came running out, Big Mac sporting a huge double barreled shotgun, and Applejack with a 45 longrifle and both took aim at the trespassers. Rainbow flew beside them with Adagio transforming into her siren form as Sonata casually looked past them as several people came out of the jeep, tank, and helicopter.

Suddenly Sonata looked at the tank and with a loud squee she bolted to the tank in a blue blur and tackled something sitting on top of it. Everyone was surprised at first but then Sonata started to rub her head against the thing she held, and it snarled at her with a familiar raspy masculine female voice, “Get off me, Sonata! UGH! You’re the worst!”

“YAY! I’m so happy to see you too, Ari!” Sonata cried rubbing her tear stained eyes into Aria’s siren muzzle.

“Ugh, whatever! Just, get off!” Aria complained pushing her sister off, only to be tackled off the tank by Sonata and Pinkie at the same time. “Ugh! I hate you both so much!”

“We missed you too, Ari!”
“We missed you too, Ari!”

Pinkie and Sonata giggled hugging the prone siren. As Aria protested and tried to escape her sister and Pinkie’s grip, Kyle jumped off the tank chuckling at Aria’s situation, earning him a snarl and a swift hit to the shin by her tail. Miki then got off the helicopter and approached the large group near the farm holding her hands up as Big Mac and Applejack took aim at her.

“Don’t shoot. We come in peace.”