• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 1,060 Views, 54 Comments

Legend of the Sirens: Wild Vines - zalla661



Adagio and Rainbow go to Camp Everfree for a school reunion. Trouble lurks close behind.

  • ...
3
 54
 1,060

Unified or Allied?

Aria snapped her jaws on Pinkie’s butt getting the pink girl to yelp and shoot off into the air like a deflating balloon. Aria then turned her gaze to Sonata who was nervously chuckling and scooting away from her now free sister. With another snap of her jaws Sonata screamed running away from Aria and hiding behind Sunset who was shaking her head at them both.

“You really should be nicer to your sister and Pinkie, Aria,” Sunset chided the siren.

Aria snorted again turning back into her human form and stood next to Kyle and Miki.

“This is Kyle and that bi-Miki! Miki… Yeah, her name’s Miki,” Aria said, gesturing to the two humans with her.

Miki and Kyle both smiled and nodded the the small group before they were smothered by Pinkie and Sonata. The others chuckled at Pinkie and Sonata’s loving nature. Aria growled. She hated it when Sonata was all buddy buddy with humans. She loved her sister to no end, but she didn’t think Sonata acted like a true siren.

They were apex predators. Their father the mightiest of all, and Aria felt degraded seeing Sonata, and especially Adagio lowering themselves to such a new low. In truth , she missed their days of conquest and taking over the world whenever they could, because it was their birthright. Sirens were meant to rule.

It was the law of nature.

Aria’s anger wasn’t very well hidden, and Rainbow Dash approached her with slow cautious movements.

“Yo, Aria? What’s got you all bent out of shape?” Rainbow asked.

“I don’t see how that’s any of your business.”

Rainbow gave Aria a slightly offended look. Crossing her arms Rainbow turned slightly away from Aria, while still keeping an eye on her.

“I was just wondering what was wrong, but if you’re gonna be all sour like this I’ll just leave you alone then,” Rainbow said back in a snippy tone.

Aria growled glaring daggers at Rainbow, imitating her movements.

“Fine, I don’t want to talk to your kind anyways,” Aria snapped. “This whole ordeal has proven one thing, that humans aren’t worth the trouble.”

Aria turned and walked away to be by herself while Miki and Kyle explained the situation to the small group. After giving the details of the aliens and the possibility that they could be at Camp Everfree, Miki asked Adagio and the others for help, but of course Adagio had grown accustomed to being paranoid when Agents or Government officials were involved.

“What’s in it for us?” Adagio asked curtly.

Miki held up her hand in a non-threatening manner. With her other she offered a slip of paper to Adagio that the siren took and read. After eyeing it for a moment after reading it thoroughly she folded it up and slipped it in her pant pocket then returned her steely gaze to Miki.

“And what about my father? He’s to be left alone then?” Adagio asked as the others wondered what she could have read on the paper.

Miki held one hand over her heart to try and show sincerity.

“I promise you the UN will never attack your father again, so long as this mission is a success,” Miki agreed to Adagio’s demand.

Adagio smiled and offered her hand to shake and Miki took it without hesitation. After the deal was struck Adagio felt something tingle in her mind. She quickly drew her hand away from Miki who looked embarrassed by something.

Adagio glared at her before turning to walk away and spoke to Applejack alone for a moment. Miki looked over at Sunset who was talking to Sonata holding her hand with her own. Miki approached her and tapped her shoulder.

“Huh? What’s up?” Sunset asked Miki.

“Can I ask a personal question?” Miki asked in her best English speaking voice she could.

“Sure, you saved Aria, so I can answer a few questions. Nothing personal please.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that,” Miki giggled cutely. “If I wanted that I’d just have my agents spy on you and your friends.”

Miki gave Sunset a genuine smile, but the fire haired girl just stared like she was scared of the young woman before her. No one had ever been so open about their willingness to spy on her before. Quite frankly, it was creepy.

Miki realized what she said after seeing Sunset’s reaction and immediately donned a shamed look on her face. Looking down to avert her gaze she apologized.

“I’m sorry. That was rude of me. I didn’t mean to imply I would without proper cause,” She said.

“I-uh, I guess I understand. Adagio has explained to us why such things exist to being with. What were you going to ask anyways?” Sunset asked.

“Oh, that’s right. Do you have the sight too?” Miki asked.

“The sight?”

Sunset wondered what the woman could possibly mean by that. She never thought about this sight she spoke of, but something in the way Miki looked at her made her pause.

“I’m sorry, it’s nothing,” Miki said shaking her head, and walked away.

Confused by the sudden departure, Sunset shrugged and went back to Sonata and Pinkie who were talking excitedly about something. When they noticed Sunset approaching they stopped conversing and turned to greet their friend with wide toothy grins.

“What?” She asked them wondering what the two mischievous girls were up to.

They just giggled and hugged Sunset suddenly. Sighing Sunset patted their heads as they wrapped their arms around her waist nuzzling her.

Aria glared at them again when Adagio and Applejack approached her.

“Hey,” Adagio greeted her.

“Sup,” Aria replied.

Applejack felt very out of place between the two sirens. She was still getting use to being stronger than usual. She wasn’t strong like Superman, but after the battle of the Bands she felt, stronger somehow. Things she found heavy before were easier to lift. Heck, she could punch a tree at her farm and knock most of the apples out of it with one punch. Despite this however, she still felt vulnerable when standing between two sirens. Specifically Adagio and Aria.

Applejack had once made the mistake of being between the two when the fought once over allowing Sonata to live like a human versus a siren 24/7. It led to a prolonged fight in the west orchard of her home and the destruction of nearly a dozen trees before Adagio came to her senses and stopped. Adagio was sorry for destroying the trees, but Aria was only angered by it more.

The two then got into a heated debate over how Adagio was becoming soft and that’s why they had to always fear the G-Force. Aria argued they should be strong so they didn’t have to live in fear of humans especially the G-Force. Adagio rebutted saying being muscle headed brutes wasn't the answer. Applejack wasn’t fond of the idea of these two fighting again.

Aria stared at Adagio with a scowl.

“What?!” Aria snapped.

Adagio sighed placing a hand over her head like she was fighting a headache.

“You alright Aria? Were you hurt? Are you hungry?” Adagio asked looking her younger sister over.

Aria pulled away growling at her elder sister. Adagio frowned at Aria’s aggressive response. She suddenly cut Aria off who tried to get around her to leave. Aria growled again turning into her siren form and roared loudly at Adagio making her puffy orange hair fly behind her like it was in a hurricane.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared in shock at Aria now growling viciously at Aria. Adagio didn’t flinch as saliva and the horrid scent of Aria’s bad breath hit her nostrils. Although she did wish she had a nose plug.

Adagio waved a hand over her nose to fan away the bad smell, which did little to relieve her senses of the bad breath smell she was forced to inhale. She never took her eyes off Aria. She looked at her younger sister dead in the eyes and narrowed her eyes with a piercing glare of her own. Aria felt a primal urge to flee instantly, but she stood her ground barring eh teeth at Adagio.

“Get out of my way, Adagio,” Aria growled through her bared teeth and fangs.

Adagio’s answer came swiftly in the form of her hand. Adagio raised her right hand and swiftly slapped Aria across her scaly cheek. The colliding of Adagio’s hand to Aria’s scales managed to make the loudest slapping noise anyone present had ever heard in their lives. Although in human form, Adagio’s siren strength was still in full force and Aria’s head snapped to the side after the initial impact. Aria’s eyes were wide in shock and her mouth hung up. Her cheek was now stinging and red.

Applejack made a smart move and got as far away from the two sirens as possible and hid behind the tank where Kyle’s crew were. Miki also joined her as did Pinkie, and Sonata, leaving Kyle as the only one exposed.

After recollecting herself Aria snarled at Adagio once again. She coiled up like a snake ready to strike. *Tch* Adagio flicked her wrists and clenched her hands into fists, just as Aria snapped forward trying to bite her sister. Adagio ducked under and brought her right fist up under Aria’s jaw with enough force to send Aria flying back. Pinkie yelled something that vaguely sounded like *shoryuken*, as Adagio spun around to deliver a mean right hook to Aria’s already swollen cheek. This punch sent her to the ground with a whimper reverting Aria to her human form.

Adagio stood over her sister clenching her fist again. Aria eyed her fist and looked down at the ground lowering her head. It was a simple act of submission, a way for a siren to tell another they challenged that they essentially “gave up”.

As Aria submitted something Adagio didn’t expect to ever see she felt pity for her sister. By tradition a siren who won a challenge had the right to destroy the other for their transgressions, but Adagio felt nothing but pity for Aria.

She turned away from her sister and walked towards the others and gathered them up to head for her BMP. Kyle ran over to Aria and offered his hand to her. Aria stared at the hand, and for a moment she almost took it, but her pride stopped her and she swatted it away. She then helped herself up and stormed over towards the Abrams tank and lumped on it and sat on her perch in her human form. Everyone watched her as they gathered into the BMP-1 Applejack, Sonata, Pinkie, and Sunset gathered in sealing the door behind them. Miki returned to her helicopter and immediately took off into the air with Adagio following them to Camp Everfree.

Kyle quickly gathered his crew and entered their tank as Aria sulked on her perch. Kyle ordered the bank to followed the BMP-1 back to Everfree while Aria glared at her sister's armored vehicle.

*Kuronuma*

Kuronuma, a man of great prestige from the Simian race of aliens from the third planet from the black hole in outer space. Vague yes, but that was the way the Simians liked it. They thrived on secrecy and deception. It was their cultures, special talent of sort, and Kuronuma leader of this division in invading Earth was a master of it. They were an ape like race with back hair and green skin, but on Earth they disguised themselves as humans with holographic projectors.

He sipped his wine enjoying this bitter red one he’d been saving for this day. His mechagodzilla was repaired and he was awaiting for the final preparations when his computer beeped signaling him there was a message coming in. He leaned forward and with his open hand pushed a tiny red button and leaned back in his chair to sip his wine again. His clean foil looking jumpsuit lightly crinkling as he did.

Another Simian appeared on a hologram screen bowing to Kuronuma.

“Report,” Kuronuma said sipping his wine again.

“Chief, the repairs are complete. We’re ready to launch mechagodzilla again, but the plant creature is blocking the exit towards the city. We’ll have to fight our way out,” The simian said.

Kuronuma sighed. He placed the glass of wine on his armrest of the chair he sat on and stood up, placing his hands behind his back in a fist. “What of our agents in the US and Japanese Defense Force?”

“Our agents provided Major Spitfire with the tanks,” The Simian said. “But, sir, if we give them our technology can’t they use it against us?”

“It won’t matter. The technology in the mausers is obsolete compared to mechagodzilla. We’ll have nothing to fear. Beside,” Kuronuma chuckled taking his wine in hand. “The animosity this human has with the serpent aliens is strong. She’ll deal with them and Godzilla will take care of her and the tanks.”

He sipped his wine once more. He then tilted his head as a thought occurred to him.

“Send word to Mugol in Sector C. Tell him to send Titanosaurus here immediately. We’ll have the beast work with mechagodzilla to destroy the real Godzilla and those annoying serpent women, IF they survive.”

With Kuronuma’s order given the other simian bowed as the holo screen went blank. He sat back down as the computer beeped again. This time it was a repeating series of beeps signaling a proximity alarm. In fact, there were two.

“Interesting,” He said flipping a series of switches. “Let’s see what fate has in store for us today-”

He looked at a holo screen that showed two large seismic anomalies. One was off the coast, clearly Godzilla, the other was closer to Camp Everfree. After a scan was made Kuronuma grinned at the sight.

“Ah… no this will be interesting. Guess we’ll need Titanosaurus after all,” He said, with a evil chuckle.

He returned to sipping his wine as the computer continued to beep. He’d left the screen on showing a map of the entire Canterlot area and surrounding features. In the ocean big red blip beeped with a black out line of Godzilla, while another red blip circled Camp Everfree. This second blip showed the outline of a familiar large Ornithischia that he’d come to know very well in his tie on Earth.

“Let’s see how Anguirus handles the US Army and the plant monster before we send in mechagodzilla,” Kuronuma said, with a grin.

Author's Note:

Oh, crud things are getting real!

Soon the epic show down will begin and who's to say who will emerge victorious? Will it be Godzilla and his children? Kuroniuma and the Simians? Perhaps Gaia everfree and Gloriosa will win? Maybe even Spitfire and the G-Force and the US Army?

Al we know is this will be intense and emotions will fly in the last few chapters guys and gals. the end is neigh!

So let all the speculations begin!