• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 1,056 Views, 54 Comments

Legend of the Sirens: Wild Vines - zalla661



Adagio and Rainbow go to Camp Everfree for a school reunion. Trouble lurks close behind.

  • ...
3
 54
 1,056

Scars

Deep in Camp Everfree, Gaia known as Biollante with Gloriosa, was in full concentration in her fight against Godzilla and the mechagodzilla. The fight had been grueling and long, going on for well over an hour now, and both Godzilla and his mechanized counterpart were starting to falter.

The mechagodzilla was badly damaged and was sparking at the joints with every movement it made. Godzilla, though massive and hardy himself was of only flesh and blood, and even his strength was weakening.

He panted heavily with his chest alone while Gaia was fighting the robotic monstrosity and the plant vines controlled by Gaia/Gloriosa.

Adagio watched feeling her anger rising with each passing blow her father was dealt. Rainbow too felt a primal urge deep in her. It felt almost instinctual, calling to her. Like an echoing cry for help, but you had no idea where it was coming from.

Adagio transformed into her siren form and took to the sky again, but this time Rainbow felt an instinctual urge to follow. So she did. Rainbow back flipped and transformed into her new siren form and took off after Adagio. The two sirens flew across the sky after the plant vines. Rainbow still hadn’t had extensive use of her siren body so all she could do was bite and claw the vines with her teeth and screech loudly at it.

After taking a bite of one vine Rainbow was swatted by another vine to the ground. The impact was so great it left her in a body sized crater, cut and bruised. In her daze she shook her head to clear her head from the daze. As her vision cleared she saw Adagio looking down at her in shock, then contorted to what could best be described as unbridled rage.

Adagios muzzle scrunched up, bared teeth, and with a loud gurgling snarl she opened her mouth. Her lower jaw dislocating it to get it open even more. A jetstream of flames erupted from Adagio’s mouth burning away the vines that were coming at her, completely incinerating them. A magical ring then appeared around the base of the flame that Rainbow recognized as a song spell. Adagio had briefly mentioned them while teaching her to fly that all siren powers were derived from their voices as were their spells and magical abilities.

This spell condensed the flames into a concentrated beam that went from red to a bright white color of blinding light. The bean hit the ground digging into the earth and created a small hole as the beam cut through the surface. Then with a snap of her neck Adagio sent the beam hurling around her hitting all the vines and destroying them, all while avoiding the city and her friends around her. Her father managed to duck in time to miss getting hit completely but the mechagodzilla was hit full force in the chest and head. Chunks of metal and sparks flew from its metal body as it fell to the ground in a fiery explosion.

As the beam dissipated adagio whipped it out towards Camp Everfree. As the fates would have it Gaia/Gloriosa was in its direct path. In a panic Gaia created a barrier of plants and earth to protect herself and host, but the blast was too powerful and the barrier was penetrated by the beam. It wasn’t powerful enough to pierce Gaia’s newly formed body, but the damage had significantly wounded Gaia/Gloriosa’s protective vital sac.

PLant plasma blood flowed from the wounds as Gaia screeched in pain submerging herself into the lake. Her green blood filled the lake killing everything within it in seconds and turned it a dark green.

Meanwhile the mechagodzilla was squirming on the ground badly damaged. A small antenna came out from a small hatch atop its head and pinged a signal out. The signal transmitted to a receiver station way back at Camp Everfree where a man watched the fight from a monitor in what appeared to be an underground facility.

He was in a metallic suit like it was made from a flexible aluminum, he had an almost asian look with dark eyes and a dark tattoo over his left eye. HE sat in a chair sipping a wine in a wine glass when one of three officers below him at computer terminals turned to face him.

“Chief, mechagodzilla controls aren’t responding. We can’t continue operations!”

The Chief, a man named Kuronuma sighed putting his glass down on his chair and stood up.

“Damn it. We have to postpone our attack on Canterlot,” He stepped away from his chair placing his hands behind his back. “Bring mechagodzilla back for repairs.”

“Yes, sir!”

The officer turned back to his controls. After flipping three red switches a signal was sent back to the mechagodzilla. Once received from the head transmitter it retracted and sealed within the head. Then mechagodzilla clumsily scrambled to its four legs, and with a clumsy run it made its way back to the ocean diving head first into it with a mighty splash, and disappeared under the waves.

Back on land Godzilla was breathing heavily. His chest was badly cut and scarred and Adagio was just as bad off. In the air she panted after her attack and was left drained of her energy.

She collapsed falling in the air to the ground just in time to fall in synch with her own father, who had collapsed just as she did. Both their bodies hit the ground simultaneously. Godzilla shook the world as Rainbow craned her sirne neck over to see Adagio lying not far from her in her siren form. Twilight, Applejack, and Sonata were running towards them yelling their names.

For Rainbow, who was barely conscious her ears rang after Godzilla impacted the earth so close. Her body was sore and her vision still blurred, she climbed out of the hole she was in with her arms. The arms were almost hoof like and she used all her strength to get over to Adagio’s body.

With a soft whine she nudge the older sirens cheek with the tip of her nose. Adagio’s eyes fluttered and opened looking back at Rainbow. With a warm smile she neach back and nuzzled Rainbow’s nose with her own as they both reverted back to their human forms. Rainbow was naked, her clothes destroyed when she transformed, but for Adagio this outfit she wore was her own scales. Both collapsed to the ground in each others embrace passing out.

*Aria*

Aria hated the tests being done to her. Scan after scan, after scan. It was always scan her leg, scan her body, or something about her. Even as a siren in Equestria Aria always hated being in the spotlight. She hated being the center of attention, but she did it to survive.

Now, all she wanted to do was rip the scientist who were studying her. One of them she recognized. It was a younger woman in a white lab coat with neon blue spiked hair, pale skin, and always had a headset on and stupid looking glasses. Aria remembered her from the Battle of the Bands, instrumental for the Rainbooms to defeat them. Both figuratively and literally.

Oh, how she hated the silent treatment that human gave her everytime she did try to speak to her. At first Aria was sure she was being rude and giving her the silent treatment, but after being accepted back to CHS Aria learned that the girl, Vinyl, was actually mute.

After graduation she disappeared for years and didn’t resurface until Aria was captured.

“Who would have thought I’d be captured and examined by you of all people?” Aria said bitterly at Vinyl.

The younger woman glanced at Aria and lifted her shades revealing her dark red eyes. Vinyl squinted at Aria and then placed her shades back on and pulled out a pair of pliers and approached Aria.

What are you- GAH!!!”

Aria struggled to move her head, but the straps held her head still as Vinyl pried a tooth from her mouth, ripping it out like it was nothing.

*HISSS!!* Aria snarled at Vinyl, who stared at her casually before reaching with her free hand and patted her gently on the head.

Aira kept growling at her and eve tried to bite her hand, but a voice suddenly broke the silence from behind Aria’s massive body.

“So, as we thought the filthy beast can speak,” Said the voice, as spitfire stepped into view. “Let’s make this easy, Aria.”

Aria narrowed her eyes dangerously at Spitfire. To her credit, most people flinched in fear of Aria, despite being strapped to a table. But Spitfire? No, she didn’t fear Aria. In fact, she gave the siren a cocky grin caressing the sirens cheek. Despite growling Spitfire was not deterred from caressing the sirens cheek until she finished.

“I know you can tell me about Godzilla. OUr test show your DNA is over 80% similar to his,” Spitfire said, leaning over Aria and resting her hands on the table where Aria was trapped. “ What are you? What is his weaknesses? Tell me and I’ll let you go, and I won’t go after Adagio anymore.”

Aria scoffed looking away with her eyes, since her head was also strapped down.

“I have nothing to say to you,” Aria looked up at Spitfire. “You slaty bitch.”

Aria and Spitfire didn’t say anything for a moment, but Aria could sense a rising tension in Spitfire. She hit a nerve with her comment. And if this feeling wasn’t anything, the visible twitch in Spitfire’s eye made it clear as day to the siren.

Spitfire though slowly let her lip curl into a cruel smile. The officer reached behind her and pulled out a small four inch knife. She looked at the blade like she was inspecting it. Aria looked at the blade for one second, then in the blink of an eye Spitfire drove the knife into Aria’s bulky shoulder. Aria cried out in pain and Vinyl looked like she was ready to jump in when Spitfire withdrew the blade.

“Cute… very cute,” Spitfire hissed venomously at aria as she wiped the blade clean.

“Of course such defiance comes with a price. I hope you’re willing to pay for it,” Spitfire said walking away, and sheathing her knife. “Continued your research Mrs. Scratch Philharmonica!”

Aria saw Vinyl salute silently and went back hastily to work. Aria occasionally glanced over at Vinyl who was hard at work. A moment later though the tank Commander came in with a medical kit. Vinyl intercepted him, but the man pulled rank on her and forced her to step aside. Clearly Vinyl as more afraid of Spitfire than losing her job or court martial, but after much pleading from the Commander she reluctantly allowed him into the area where Aria was. As he went to enter Vinyl held up a taser to him to take.

“I won’t be needing that.”

Vinyl looked at Aria once more then shrugged and went dutifully back to work. The Commander went over to Aria and gently placed the medical kit nearby as he knelt in front of the siren.

He gently touched the wound, making Aria flinch and growl. He flinched himself at the growl, but kept a steady hand and ran his hand down the top of Aria’s snout.

“Rough to the touch, but I can sense there is a soft heart deep down,” HE said kindly.

Aria snapped her jaw.

“Are you calling me soft, human?” Aria asked spitefully.

The man shook his head. “No, I just mean I can tell you’re not as mean as you act like.”

He stitched up Aria’s wound after he applied some antibiotics to it and then began to bandage it. Aria reluctantly let him finish. Once he finished he patted her neck making Aria blush slightly. As he stood up to leave Aria coughed getting his attention.

“Look, not like I wanted you to help me or anything, but…” She puffed her cheeks blushing even more. “Thanks for the help. And, not making a fuss about me being a monster like the rest of these lot.”

The Commander smiled nodding at her, “No problem. Names Kyle by the way.”

“My name is Aria.”

Kyle nodded smiling at her before turning to leave. Aria rested her body and allowed Vinyl to continue to do research on her long into the night when Aria finally feel asleep.

Author's Note:

So now we have a name for the Tank Commander! His name is Kyle! I know not a terribly MLP style name, but I was feeling very lazy about it. I know that's not what you should do for characters like this, but a simple name for a simple character is the best I feel.

So now all parties are revealed, and what has Vinyl Scratch done over the last few years to start working with the G-Force? What is Kuronuma's plan and what is mechagodzilla exactly? What is Gaia's plans? G-Forces?

Well, actually the G-Force should be obvious by now. :raritywink: And what will Aria do if she gets out? Blood, blood, blood! Murder, murder, murder! Well, maybe not, but who knows? Aria is a nasty piece of work. And what will become of the rest of our little group? Time will tell. Until then enjoy the chapter!