• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 1,056 Views, 54 Comments

Legend of the Sirens: Wild Vines - zalla661



Adagio and Rainbow go to Camp Everfree for a school reunion. Trouble lurks close behind.

  • ...
3
 54
 1,056

Enter

Author's Note:

Hey there everyone!

Sorry for the late update. Had lots to do and came to the realization that I needed to filter out some stuff onto paper before I could continue so I did just that and now the stories are back in action! Regular weekly updates for my fics will resume but which ones depends on how I feel.

Until then enjoy the new, but short chapter. :fluttercry:

The next day Adagio and Rainbow Dash were sleeping under a tree near by the dock of the lake at Camp Everfree. They were just resting under the sun in the afternoon passing the time in comforting embrace of one another.

Rainbow twirled her fingers in Adagio’s hair. Rainbow was leaning against the tree trunk with Adagio resting on her chest. The sirens hands cupping over Rainbows chest as a pillow for her head.

Trixie and Maud were out in the woods going on a nature hike. Limestone tagged along as a chaperone of sorts. The three of them went through the Rocky Pass Trail where Maud spent a good amount of time explaining and describing several types of rocks they found along the way to Trixie. Limestone simply watched and listened as her younger sister droned on about rocks and watched Trixie ask questions.

As they walked up a large ridge they stopped to take a break. The ridge was on the hillside and overlooked the entire camp. From the trees to the main camp ground and then the lake, they could see everything here. Maud knelt down and set her backpack on the side while Trixie practically threw her to the side at Limestones feet and threw herself into Maud with a loud obnoxious sigh and panting.

Limestone glared down at the younger woman setting her own pack down as Trixie wrapped an arm around Maud’s neck enticing a tiny blush from her. Trixie then pulled out her water canteen and took a few large gulps of water and offered it to Maud.

“Water? YOu need to keep yourself hydrated Maud,” Trixie said offering the canteen to her.

Maud took the canteen and had a dainty sip of water. “Thanks Trixie.”

She gave it back to the magician girl who then offered it to Limestone. The older woman swiped the canteen away and took a few sips of water herself. Trixie giggled and leaned into Maud’s shoulder resting her head against hers.

Maud let out a soft ‘eep’ and shuddered at the contact. Limestone spit her water out and nearly dropped the canteen. She put her hands together and stepped behind her sister and Trixie, then with a swift motion she split the two apart with her hands. Maud glared up at her sister and Trixie merely scoffed crossing her arms as Limestone made herself comfortable sitting between them.

“Make yourself comfortable,” Maud said flatly.

Trixie nodded crossing her arms. “Yeah, like totally.”

Limestone grinned wrapping both her arms around their necks and pulled them closer together.

“Hey, I gotta make sure you two keep it clean. Sides, I’m the older sister it’s my duty to protect my little sister's honor,” She said rubbing Maud’s head and then ruffled Trixie’s hair.

Trixie groaned swatting Limestone’s arm away when something on the ground caught her eye. Trixie removed Limestone's arm from her neck and leaned into the dirt to see a small brick of some sort of silver stone lying on the ground. The light reflected off it with great intensity into Trixie’s eyes forcing her to cover them as she inspected the strange stone brick. Strangely enough it had a strange crackling sound coming from is as Trixie picked it up and looked it over.

Maud and Limestone both looked at the brick Trixie found. As trixie twirled it in her hands Limestone closed the canteen of water and just stared at it.

“What is it?” She asked.

Trixie offered the metal to Maud who took it and inspected every inch of for five minutes. Then Maud licked one surface of it. She clicked her tongue a few times looking a the metal over. Finally after ten minutes Muad looked at Trixie and her sister who had anxious looks in their eyes. They knew that if anyone could figure out what it was it would be Maud.

“I have no idea what this is yet,” Maud told them flatly.

Both women deflated instantly.

“I need time to analyze it. I’ll have more details once we get this back to my lab,” Maud added.

Trixie cocked her head.

“You mean that lab you have back in Canterlot City at the Geological Society?” Trixie asked, taking the brick from Maud. “The one you used for all your surveys?”

Maud nodded sipping more water from the canteen as Trixie put the stone brick into her backpack. Limestone stretched her arms over her head and laid on the ground on her back with a smile.

Limestone grinned looking over at Trixie getting her attention. “Good on you Trixie.”

“What for?”

“You may have discovered something new!” Limestone said too cheerful for her liking. “We can call it… Obnoxium.”

Trixie glared at Limestone gripping her hands. “Oh, how about ‘loudmouth-ium’? That has a nice ring to it!”

Trixie fumed but Maud placed a hand on her hands and smiled at her. Trixie Blushed looking away and hid behind her long bangs. Limestone huffed as Maud leaned closer to her sister's ear and whispered a dark secret that forever change Limestone.

When the words rang in her ear, Limestone lost her breath, her heart rate dropped, her eyes dilated and she went very very pale. Without warning she jumped up and screamed running off leaving Maud with a smug grin on her face and Trixie looking completely bewildered. Trixie looked back to Maud who still had her grin on her face.

“What was that about?”

“I told her about what we did in her bed after the Battle of the Bands.”

Trixie suddenly blushed deep red as Maud leaned over and kissed her cheek. Trixie promptly grabbed her bag and Limestone’s and hurried after the older sibling while Maud got up calmly, dusted herself off, and followed them back.

Sunset and Sonata were hanging out with Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity near one of the cabins where Gloriosa was having a nature talk with them about helping to protect the environment with little animal friends. Fluttershy had a few bunny critters on her lap as she listened to Gloriosa talk until she gave the stage to a friend of hers named Tree Hugger.

Applejack, Twilight, and Aria meanwhile were busy cleaning the vehicles while Spike slept nearby. They spent a lot of time on Rarity’s Prius and then sometime on Applejack’s Toyota. They had asked Adagio if she wanted them to clean it up for her but the elder siren said cleaning it would be a waste of time and water.

While they cleaned they got very heated glared from Fluttershy, and Gloriosa. Tree Hugger approached them and asked, “Why do you guys like pollute the world with such macho displays of mechanized masculinity? Isn’t your masculine nature more than enough?” Of course, Applejack and Aria took offense and kindly told her to mind her own business and that they were fine with their, “masculinity/femininity”. Twilight merely smiled and said she was just helping her friends out.

At this time Spitfire was on the grounds watching Adagio closely with Rainbow Dash, who were still sleeping under the tree basking in the sun when a sudden massive tremor awoke them and toppled Spitfire over. Adagio and Rainbow nearly jumped to their feet startled awake from the quake and Spitfire then noticed a series of explosions occurring deep deep in the forest area of Camp Everfree. A series of laser lights shot from the ground and a massive chunk of earth was spit out and flew over the camp landing one opposite side.

Everyone watched the massive hunk of earth fly over them with an eerie feeling fill each of them. Even Spitfire could feel a sense of foreboding danger. The effect was more so in the siren who each hissed and growled as the massive hunk of earth crashed at the opposite side of the camp and blew up sending a few trees in the air. The trees flew just over the tree line and came crashing back down out of sight.

Everyone at Camp Everfree watched where the hunk of earth landed with great anticipation, the sirens however were tense and aggressive hissing. Adagio transformed into her natural form and growled deeply then roared in the direction of the explosion.

Then as if her roar was a signal a massive hulking figure emerged from the treeline where the earth landed. A massive dust cloud formed around it as it spun around. Rainbow grabbed Adagio by wrapping her arms around her neck and pulled the siren back, stroking her scaly cheeks.

“Hey, hang on Adagio. What’s wrong?” Rainbow asked.

Adagio replied by letting out a low growl from her throat. She then used her yes to glance over at Rainbow Dash sending shivers down her spine.

“That’s something… unnatural. Something evil. I can sense it,” Adagio said.

“What are you talking about?”

“I can hear it. Can’t you?” Adagio asked hissing.

Before Rainbow could answer the rest of their friends came running to them from behind along with Gloriosa, her brother Timber, and Spitfire.

“Rainbow what’s going on?” Sunset asked pulling back on Sonata in her siren form.

Applejack was pulling back on Aria who was trying to fly up and was being dragged slightly. Timber was startled at first but once he realized who the creatures were he tried to help keep Aria on the ground by pulling her tail.

“I don’t know! Adagio started acting crazy after that meteor fit over the ridge!”Rainbow said, looking back petting Adagios fins calming the siren a bit.

“That was no meteor.” Spitfire said walking next to Adagio raising a brow.

Adagio snarled at Spitfire and tried to snap at her, but Rainbow Dash managed to hold her back. Spitfire herself didn’t seem all too impressed nor did she flinch when Adagio’s massive jaws nearly clamped in her hand.

Spitfire harrumphed, stuck her nose up and walked over to her niece and nephew giving them a soft worried look. She opened her mouth to speak when a strange roar sounded from where the dust was settling. Everyone looked to see Godzilla standing where the dust cloud was moments ago. His roar echoed across the land as eh stomped the ground with his massive clawed feet and smashed his tail down.

Agin Adagio snarled trying to take off, but Rainbow held her back, or rather when Adagio felt the pull she knew if she flew off rainbow might fall off and get hurt. In truth the sirens were astronomically stronger than humans, the only reason they held back was to not hurt them. Sonata was on the ground like cat ready to pounce hissing up at Godzilla as he roared again.

Adagio and Sonata covered their ears but Aria didn’t seem fazed. Instead she bit Tmiber Sprice in the ankle and headbutted Applejack in teh gut knocking her off. Once free from her friends Aria shook her body like a wet dog would, shaking her chutes as they flexed upright and she flew up into the sky.

She flew fast after her father as he turned and started walking toward Canterlot City. Adagio turned to Sonata and clicked at her. Sonata stopped her growling and shot her head up and looked wide eyed at her sister.

The two sirens chirped and clicked at each other for a short time while everyone watched them. Twilight and Rarity helped Timber Spruce sit down after Aria bit his leg and bandaged him up. He was ever thankful for their help. Spitfire glared up at Godzilla and pulled her cellphone out and made a hasty call.

Adagio and Sonata transformed back to their human forms and gathered everyone up and head towards the camp cabins. As they arrived Trixie, Limestone, and Maud had just got back from their hike and were in full panic mode, minus Maud.

“What’s going on!? Where did that monster come from!?” Trixie cried out to Rarity as they ran to the group.

“No time for questions! We need to follow Aria!” Adagio said running for her tank in the parking lot.

Adagio skid around the back and pulled open the back hatch of her BMP. Adagio had to step back so her feet wouldn’t get hit by the hatch. Sht then ran inside without a moment's hesitation and inserted her starter key and turned it. The tanks engine roared to life rattling the whole frame of the tank.

Sonata was in the back moments later, grabbed a headset and jumped onto the top of the tank near the radar. Everyone else watched in shock as Rainbow, Twilight, and Applejack ran into the tank and slammed the doors shut.

Spitfire ran towards the tank and tried to jump at it but missed as it began to speed away. Missing the tank Spitfire cursed under her breath and looked around to see a big red truck nearby in the parking lot.

Spitfire ran to the truck and with all her might used her elbow to break through the glass window. This set the alarm off and forced her to reach under the steering wheel to break off the alarm box. Once the truck was silent she broke the frame around the steering wheel. She then hot wired the truck jump starting the engine.

Spitfire grinned putting on the seat belt. She then shifted to overdrive and gunned the gas and was off like a shot chasing after the tank with Adagio and her friends in it. Spitfire wasn’t about to let them do anything without her knowing what was going on.

Meanwhile Adagio drove through the trees in part of the camp and managed to find the main road that lead toward Canterlot City. She had to turn hard while driving down a steep hill which cause the tank to slide sideways down a small length of it.

Applejack and Twilight were screaming, Rainbow Dash was trying with all her might to hold her bladder, cursing herself for not being able to use the bathroom before hand, and Sonata was ‘woohooing’ on top of the tank.

As they drove towards Godzilla Sonata watched from the top of the tank as Aria made her way to their father. The violet siren flew in front of him and roared loudly at him. He didn't’ respond. All he did was walk past like Aria wasn’t there completely ignoring her. He then opened his mouth and fired a powerful multicolored beam from his maw.

The bema cut away and blew apart everything it hit creating a clearer path for him to walk unhindered all the way to the city. Aria gasped at the destruction her father caused. His blast had actually hit a small part of the city no doubt hurting many of its citizens.

Aria could only watch in stunned horror as her father marched on, out in the distance she could barely make out the sight of tanks mobilizing as a sort of barricade between Godzilla and Canterlot City.