• Published 13th Nov 2016
  • 1,981 Views, 138 Comments

What's In The Box? - naturalbornderpy



Pinkie Pie sits alone in a room with an unopened box. What's in the box, you ask? Only everything.

  • ...
4
 138
 1,981

Mystery

MYSTERY

“Where’s Drama Pinkie?” asked Random, a few minutes after they’d exited from the closet, snapping it shut the moment Horror Pinkie lunged at them. “Wasn’t she just behind us?”

Dark turned around to stare down the hall. Empty. Dark. A tad spooky, too?

“You mean we have a mystery on our hooves?” she asked.

Random felt like smacking her across the face. “Don’t be ridiculous. That would be the worst mystery ever.”

Another Pinkie fell from the ceiling to smack on the floor. Drama.

She gasped. “Someone took me!

Random raised a brow. “Horror Pinkie?”

Drama shook her head. “I couldn’t see them, but… it was like they came from above without warning!”

Random exhaled bitterly. “The author. He knows I’m trying to end his story. Now he’s trying to get rid of me.” She barked out a laugh. “Thankfully we all look alike.”

Drama growled. “I could’ve been killed!”

“Don’t be so dramatic. You wouldn’t have been killed. More… erased? Deleted?”

“Girls!” Dark trumpeted, shoving them forward. “I think we'd better move!”

“What? Why?” Random then took notice of what was happening to the hallway—most noticeably the vanishing floorboards and walls.

What’s happening!?” Drama squeaked.

“The author’s cheating,” Random said, as she shuffled them both along. “He knows this is the ‘Mystery’ chapter, so he’s decided that anything goes. What a bastard.”

The trio of Pinkie’s stormed into the room at the end of the hall, stopping in front of the latest Pinkie Pie. She was seated on the ground with an unopened box in her lap, giggling like a loon.

“What’s in the box?” Random demanded.

“It’s a mystery!” Mystery Pinkie replied, laughing.

Random frowned. “You’re an idiot.”