• Published 13th Nov 2016
  • 1,980 Views, 138 Comments

What's In The Box? - naturalbornderpy



Pinkie Pie sits alone in a room with an unopened box. What's in the box, you ask? Only everything.

  • ...
4
 138
 1,980

Comedy

COMEDY

The unopened box from Pinkie Pie’s pal, Cheese Sandwich, remained just where it was ever since it’d been delivered to her. Without warning, she had found it in her room, along with a card from who had sent it. Immediately, she pulled out the list Twilight had given her around a year ago.

"THE CHEESE SANDWICH BIRTHDAY PRESENT PRECAUTION LIST”.

“Let’s see here,” Pinkie Pie murmured as she scanned the lengthy scroll. “One—always keep a safe distance away from the present. Two—do not poke or prod the present.” She glanced up for a moment to snicker. “Who does Twilight think I am? Some kind of silly pony that can’t keep their hooves to themselves?”

The last time Pinkie had been sent a birthday present from Cheese Sandwich, she’d opened it without hesitation and soon found herself flying across town. Miraculously, Cheese Sandwich had packed an entire sound system into that tiny gift box of his—complete with volume knobs that went all the way to eleven and speakers that inflated once given enough room.

It even came with a mix-tape. “Cheesy Jams Vol. 4”.

It was a good prank; Pinkie had to admit. In return, she’d sent him another box that could magically read how much the pony trying to open it actually wanted to get in. Wanted to open it unlike anything else? It would become as solid as cement. Couldn’t care less about what was inside? It would fall apart by the faintest of glances.

All this might’ve been due to a useful spell of Twilight’s...

Back in the real world, Pinkie Pie took a weary step toward the mysterious box.

“Open sesame!” she said, as she snapped together the metal tongs held in her hooves.