• Published 13th Nov 2016
  • 1,977 Views, 138 Comments

What's In The Box? - naturalbornderpy



Pinkie Pie sits alone in a room with an unopened box. What's in the box, you ask? Only everything.

  • ...
4
 138
 1,977

Tragedy

TRAGEDY

The numerous Pinkie Pies crashed to the floor once outside the closet. The newest Pinkie in the room paid them no mind, choosing to instead doodle inside a book. She was drawing a cake.

“Now what?” Drama asked.

“We press on,” Random said, rising off the floor. “We must be getting close to the end. All these chapters combined, we must be in 4k territory. Our author’s lazy, remember? He’ll be looking to quit soon.”

“Do you mind not talking so loud?” the doodling Pinkie asked. “I’m not in the greatest mood for company right now.”

“Oh, yeah?” Dark Pinkie questioned. “And why’s that?”

“Because I lost my ability to taste today—a reaction to what was inside that box over there.”

Random turned to it, reading the label taped on top. “It’s from Horror Pinkie. That bitch! How can she do all this? I know what we’re doing is random enough…”

“Because she has the author on her side,” Sad Pinkie clarified, “so she’s able to bend the rules as she—”

“She what?” Random started, before she saw the grinning figure behind Sad.

Like a bag of rocks, Sad Pinkie collapsed to the floor, a knife protruding from her back. Horror Pinkie was instantly tackled to the floor by Thriller Pinkie.

Slice of Life knelt beside Sad’s body, closing her eyes. “Sad’s… dead? But that’s so sad! I don’t want be here anymore! I wanna go back to my boring life! I wanna go back to my calculator and tax returns!"

“Tragic,” Tragedy Pinkie muttered. “Ironic, too.”

Thriller Pinkie grappled Horror into a headlock. “Get out of here! All of you! Escape and start a series of detective novels in my honor!”

And so they did.