• Published 13th Nov 2016
  • 1,980 Views, 138 Comments

What's In The Box? - naturalbornderpy



Pinkie Pie sits alone in a room with an unopened box. What's in the box, you ask? Only everything.

  • ...
4
 138
 1,980

Drama

DRAMA

The box on the floor was filled with family belongings. Pictures. Clothes. Old toys and game puzzles. Everything that had been bequeathed to Pinkie Pie following the accident on the rock farm—the accident that had taken the lives of both her parents.

She whimpered, spreading out a weathered drawing she’d done in her youth out along the floor; one of her entire family on the farm. Both sun and smiles were out in full force that day.

Her heart felt heavy, as if something large rested atop her chest. It was easy to guess what. A single question. To return to the farm and salvage what remained? Or convince what family members were left to try a hoof at something new?

Both options would involve heartbreak. Both options wouldn’t be easy.

Thankfully, she still had time to decide. Weigh the pros and cons before—

“You’re coming with us,” announced the Pinkie Pie standing behind her.

Standing next to that Pinkie was another one.

A single tear coursed down the first Pinkie Pie’s cheek. “Just my luck. First my parents, now the mirror pool—”

Once again, Random Pinkie shoved her entire hoof into the other Pinkie’s mouth. “You’re eating up words we'll need. I’ll make this quick. You’re trapped in a story. So are we. But not for long.”

Drama Pinkie spat the hoof out. “I really don’t have time for this. Things are so bad around here, you wouldn’t even begin to understand.”

“In my story,” Dark Pinkie told her tiredly, “Discord was about to unleash a terrible toxin onto Equestria that would make everyone go mad and possibly claw out their eyes.”

Drama Pinkie didn’t need long to ponder following that. “Okay, we can go.”