• Published 13th Nov 2016
  • 1,969 Views, 138 Comments

What's In The Box? - naturalbornderpy



Pinkie Pie sits alone in a room with an unopened box. What's in the box, you ask? Only everything.

  • ...
4
 138
 1,969

Adventure

ADVENTURE

Pinkie Pie took a single step inside her bedroom and came to a halt. On the floor was a cardboard box sealed in tape.

The label on top read: “TO MY FAVORITE CANDY MAKER!”

Pinkie sighed and lowered her head. She knew at once what she would find inside and dreaded confirming so.

Sugar.

There was sugar inside that box. A rather special sugar. Sent from her archrival—a candy maker located in Canterlot with a strong panache for all things dangerous and forbidden.

The sugar she found inside had been melted and flattened until it was as smooth as glass. There was only a single piece of the teal candy inside the box—the piece not much larger than a hoof. Timidly, Pinkie stuck out her tongue, licking the smallest of its corners as her pupils shrunk and she crumbled to the floor, foam forming around her lips.

“He found it,” she muttered, as her mind eventually cleared away the severe candy fog that had just rolled in. “The strongest sugar known to ponykind.”

She knew there was only one place in all of Equestria that made such a dangerous treat—a bizarre and unnatural phenomenon at the heart of both a cave and a volcano. For hundreds of years, it had been nothing but a legend; a candy makers’ wistful dream to one day find and sell.

Candy so potent, you could never stop eating it no matter how hard you tried! Pinkie Pie thought to herself, before realizing she was currently licking her hoof, and that the small piece of “legendary” candy had all but been consumed in a matter of seconds.

“This really is good stuff!”

And just like that, she knew she’d need to find some for herself.

No matter what the cost.