• Published 26th Oct 2017
  • 872 Views, 20 Comments

The Summer Sun Incident - Zaid ValRoa



The Summer Sun Celebration is a night of remembrance for the ponies of Equestria, and one to appreciate the glory of Princess Celestia. However, rather than a night of joy, the thousandth Summer Sun Celebration was marred by tragedy.

  • ...
0
 20
 872

Royal Guard - Official Incident Report - Final Summary

Case Number: 0304580-D
Date: 06/01 - 17:00
Reporting Officer: Pvt. Copper Wing
Guard ID: 553806-76
Preliminary Inquiry: Report on the Summer Sun Incident
Report Type: Final Summary of Investigation

What follows is the final report on the Investigation on the Summer Sun Incident, meant to summarise its findings. It will use all available evidence, ranging from testimonies and interviews, to reports from medical and magical authorities, to make an assessment and present conclusions to the aforementioned incident.
This report will close the Investigation.


Outline of Events:
On the days prior to the thousandth Summer Sun Celebration, Twilight Sparkle started a research project on folklore at the behest of Princess Celestia (See: Subject Interview - File 0304580-B) This was confirmed by Sparkle’s peers as well as her assistant. Furthermore, on the day of the Incident, she claimed to have found evidence of a threat to Equestria, and set towards coming up with a plan to allegedly save the nation (See: Subject Interview - File 0304580-A). She then send her assistant away and started working on her own. The testimony of one of the Castle’s chambermaids (See: Written Testimony - File 0304580-C), further sustained by the findings of the Royal Archmage Court (See: Files from the RAC’s archives), points towards dealings with Dark Magic.

While the specifics and motivations behind her actions remain unknown, they are irrelevant to the outcome of the Incident.

Twilight Sparkle casted Dark Magic, and this caused the destruction of the top floor and observatory of her residence, the Southern Tower of the Royal Canterlot Castle. This also resulted in severe damage to Twilight Sparkle herself, who remains hospitalised and in a coma.

Conclusions:
Twilight Sparkle was the cause of the explosion, and the only one who is in place to present charges is Princess Celestia herself; however, she has not pronounced herself on the matter, and there’s nothing we can do until she does.
Barring those circumstances, this case is closed.

Copper Wing
Private of the First Division of the Royal Guard