• Published 26th Oct 2017
  • 868 Views, 20 Comments

The Summer Sun Incident - Zaid ValRoa



The Summer Sun Celebration is a night of remembrance for the ponies of Equestria, and one to appreciate the glory of Princess Celestia. However, rather than a night of joy, the thousandth Summer Sun Celebration was marred by tragedy.

  • ...
0
 20
 868

Re: Summer Sun Incident

celestia's royal archmage court
canterlot

INFORMATION: 2 January
To: Comet Streak
From: New Spark
Subject: Summer Sun Incident

FIRST STAGE SCOURING
Progress has been slow, but we managed to make a breakthrough. After another compound scouring spell, we unraveled most of the leftover ambient magic in the observatory. It will take a few days for it to clear completely, but it’s down to levels that should allow us to work with considerable ease. The chief issue relating to the determination of the spell or spells cast by Twilight Sparkle is magical dilution. Not enough of Miss Sparkle’s arcane signature is present in the thaumaturgic readings of the spell feedback to extricate a reasonable origin, but with further analysis we may distill her essence to the point it becomes recognisable and we can determine the nature of the spell or spells used.

The second issue relates to the adjacent magical readings that overshadow Miss Sparkle’s own. Both the feedback and spectrum readings throw results that contradict most of what should be expected. While not quite falling into the realm of Chaos Magic, there is more than enough to suggest the presence of conjurings well outside the realm of conventional magic.

CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
At this moment we will refrain from further speculation, but the Court agrees that the presence of this yet to be determined magic is a serious problem. This issue may be what finally makes the Princess break her silence and work with us but, until then, we will continue to extract as much information as we can from the spell’s feedback.

A Court representative will meet the designated investigator of the Royal Guard. We shall also decide the course of action regarding the divulging of information to the public. It’s been two days, and we can’t keep the citizens at ease with just the promise of an investigation being led. Unless Princess Celestia decides to step in, we will be forced to act upon this matter.

New Spark
Fourth-rank Arcanist of the Royal Archmage Court