• Published 26th Oct 2017
  • 868 Views, 20 Comments

The Summer Sun Incident - Zaid ValRoa



The Summer Sun Celebration is a night of remembrance for the ponies of Equestria, and one to appreciate the glory of Princess Celestia. However, rather than a night of joy, the thousandth Summer Sun Celebration was marred by tragedy.

  • ...
0
 20
 868

Royal Guard - Official Incident Report

Case Number: 0304580
Date: 31/12 - 21:36
Reporting Officer: Sgt. Bold Spear
Guard ID: 438521-76

Incident Type: Property Damage and Endangerment caused by Magic.

Address of Occurrence: Southern Tower of the Royal Castle, Canterlot

Involved Parties:

Sparkle, Twilight: Magic Student. Unicorn mare, 22
Spike: Unemployed. Male dragonling, 12.

Details of Event:
On the evening of the Summer Sun Celebration, at approximately 19:42, an explosion took place on the Southern Tower of the Royal Castle. The incident was witnessed by numerous residents of Canterlot’s Upper Villa, as well as most of the pedestrians in the Southwestern sector of the city. Eyewitnesses’ account describe the incident as a sudden swelling of ambient magic for a few seconds before the aforementioned explosion took place. The ensuing explosion was a burst of a deep purple magic which tore through the roof and wall of the tower, residence of Twilight Sparkle and her assistant, and then shot upwards to the sky before quickly dissipating.

Actions Taken:
First to arrive at the scene was a detachment of Royal Guards led by Captain Shining Armor, as well as Princess Celestia herself. Upon arrival, the Princess retrieved the body of Miss Sparkle from the debris. Due to Miss Sparkle’s critical condition, she was immediately dispatched to the nearest hospital. Miss Sparkle’s assistant--one Spike, the Dragon--was unharmed during the explosion but was sent to the hospital as well, both for a medical evaluation and due to his desire not to leave Miss Sparkle's side. Since he is the only known witness of the event besides Miss Sparkle herself, questioning has been scheduled for tomorrow morning.

The nature of the events that took place in Miss Sparkle’s study are unknown at this moment. Princess Celestia has delegated a team of court archmages to determine the cause of the magic blast. Until the results of their investigation are out, the Guard will continue to look for potential witnesses of the incident.

Bold Spear
Sergeant of the First Division of the Royal Guard