• Published 22nd Aug 2016
  • 2,356 Views, 38 Comments

Setting Sun of Thieves - Shadow Hero



[A displacment] Zidane world's best Theif and Sunset ex-student of Princess Celestia run around helping others in there own way.

  • ...
12
 38
 2,356

Disc 1- part 11

After a few days of relaxing, Zidane was in his room getting some stuff ready. "We’re running low on potions.." He said as he looked through his pouch, pushing aside some scrolls.

"Maybe Momo can help you with that." Starswirl said as he walked in.

"That's captain who's going to take us to the forbidden lands?" Zidane asked as he put the pouch on.

"Indeed..Are you going to use that sword? It does not seem to fit you?"

"Well my daggers are somewhere..."

"Why not try summing them? They are the reason you are here, so they must have some of your essence on them." Starswirl said as he rubbed the bottom of his helmet.

"I can? How?"
"Follow me." Starswirl said as he walked down the stairs and leads Zidane outside. “Now hold out your hands, and focus on them." He said as he stands still.

"Ok.." Zidane said as he held out his hand and focused on his daggers, with a flash of light his daggers appeared in his hand's

"See, any of Cosmos’ heroes can do it. But due to you not having a lot of mana in you it requires a bit more focus, unlike young Sunset." The living suit of armor said as Sunset and the others walked up.

"Ready to go." Sunset said with a shoulder bag.

"You bet." Zidane said as he put his dagger's away in their sleeve and the sword in his pouch.

"Now, Momo is in that direction. I told him you are on your way." Starswirl said as he pointed west.

"Right, thanks for everything." Sonata said with a bow.[

"You are a funny girl." he said to her.

As they walked away they stopped and saw Aria talking with Starswirl. "Hey Ari, are you coming with us!" The ex-siren asked her sister

"I’ll pass. I think I will stay far away from there." Aria said

"Why is that?" Sunset asked

"Duh That's where Chaos’ shrine is”.Sonata said getting a look from Aria. "What?"

"What really. Does Cosmo know it’s there?" Zidane asked

"She probably does. But he has the home advantage. Now don't do anything reckless." Starswirl said with a stern look.

"Fine let's a go." Zidane said.

"One more thing." The elder Yuke said. "There is a palace that may help you. Reflective cave, it's on Dragon mountain."

The trio looked at eachother before giving a nod and walking towards the boat.

As the got to the dock, they saw a very old transport boat sitting there. "So you must be the four I am taking to their graves. Kupo." An old looking moogle with grey fur and light red pom-pom wearing a leather jacket with a silver gun strapped to his side said standing on the dock looking down on them.

"Four, what do you mean.." Zidane asked getting the moogle to point behind them. "Eiko what are you doing here!?" Zidane asked seeing the young Summoner standing there.

“You need me if you come by any ancient text.. Besides Starswirl said I needed to go and see the world.” She said as she swayed back and forth.

“Ahh, it’s good to see you Eiko. Kupo.” the moogle said as he pulled down the walk.

“This is going to be a long ride.” Sunset said as she let out a sigh.

As the boat set sail red eyes watched them leave from the shadow’s of the tree shade.


“I’m bored.” Sonata said as she sat upside down on one of the chair’s that Momo took out from down below.

"Why don’t we play a game to pass the time… Ahh got any?” Eiko asked the others.

Sunset put down the book she borrowed from Starswirl with a sigh. “Why don’t you play Tetra Master, it’s a card game I use to play before becoming the Princess personal student.”

“Oh. I totally forgot about that game.. I haven't played that since I was a gup.” Sonata said as she swung her body back up. “But we don’t have a deck to play..”

Momo overheard them and walked down from the wheel. “I may have something here that you can have… For 1500 Gil. Kupo” he said as he had two deck’s in hand.

“For each?” Zidane said as he walked in.[

“I guess, Kupo. So is that a yes?” He asked as Zidane searched is pouch for some gil and paid the Moogle.

As the Eiko was looking at her cards a strange card seemed to be mixed in with the others. “What is this..” she said as she as took it out and took a closer look, it had a man in purple holding a staff out.

After some time a voice came out of nowhere and said “I am the Dark Magician, the ace to the king of games, co protector of all Elements and CMC, the watcher of all displaced, co founder of Neo Domino Town and co bearer of the millennium Items of understanding. If you need my help raise this card into the air and call my name and I will come to light your darkest hour."


“That must be someone's token.” Zidane said as he took the card and looked at it more closely.

“Why don’t you call him?” Sonata said snapping Zidane out of his trans.

Zidane was not to sure about this, Cosmos did say he’d need more allies but also not everyone could be trusted.. He shook his head and raised the card up into the air and said “I summon Dark Magician.”

After that a portal opened up and a man in a purple magician’s robe stepped out along with a busty pink dragoness with blond hair and wearing a Dark Magician Girl outfit. “You called?” Dark Magician said.

"You look like the guy on the card.” Sonata said as she put down her deck.

"Ahh. Dark Magician from yu-gi-oh… Wait how did I.. Never mind, so Ahhh.” Zidane said looking away from Dark Magician Girl.

“So you're a mage then.. Nice outfit.” Eiko said as she walked up the the mage.

“Thanks and did he look at my boobs?” Dark Magician Girl asked while pointing at Zidane while Dark Magician just rolled his eyes.

“Sorry, it’s just they're really big and Mmm-” Zidane said as Sunset covered his mouth

“You need to know when to speak. So you're from a different Equis, how is it like? Gross.” Sunset asked before Zidane licked her hand.

“It’s filled with ponies instead of humans along with not much tech other than what Mane-Co makes.” Dark Magician replied

“Wow...Ponies! I would love to meet one.” Sonata said getting Eiko to nod her head in agreement.

“What are these people doing here? Kupo.” Momo asked as he walked down to the group.

“We were summoned here.” Dark Magician answered.

“My apology. When you travel the seas like me you tend to be paranoid. Kupo.” The old moogle said as he took his paw of his gun.

“Try traveling from one world to another.” Dark Magician Girl said with a giggle.

“Some Moogles have traveled from the other worlds, like me. I’m from Spira.”

“The world that Final Fantasy 10… Took place… Is memory coming back..”Zidane said but whispering the last part

“So are we going to pl-” Sonata was interrupted as the ship rocked back and forth.

“Is there a storm out there?” Dark Magician asked while Dark Magician Girl was now wearing a sailor outfit.

"No it must be a..” Momo said as a red eye looked in the window.

“Oooh. Is it pirates?” Dark Magician Girl asked.

“Must be a Sea Serpent attacking the ship by the looks of it.” Zidane said as he rushed up the stairs.
As they got to the deck, the head of an aqua-green serpent with dark red eyes and a dark aura was staring at the group. “Well that answered your question.” Sunset said as she held her rapier in hand.[

“Hmm. Close enough. It could use a eye patch.” Dark Magician Girl said with a shrug while Dark Magician readied his staff.
“Have you killed one of these things before?” Dark Magician asked.

“I have seen many in my day this one is a young one, it's weak against thunder based spells. Kupo.” Momo said as he fired a. electrically charged shot.

“I don’t think it knows what its doing?” Eiko said as she can feel a dark presence.

“Let me guess. Someone is controlling it to attack us.” Dark Magician said in a deadpan.

“I have felt something like this before, it must be one of Chaos minions…Maybe I can purify it.” Eiko said as she summoned Carbuncle. “Can you keep it’s attention off me so me and Carbuncle can cast the spell?”[

"Simple enough.” Dark Magician said before looking at the serpent. “Swords of Revealing Light!” He yelled as three big glowing swords appeared around the serpent stopping it in it’s place.

“Thats useful, mind teaching me that spell?” Sunset asked.
“Sure after this sea snake is gone.” Dark Magician said to Sunset.


“Almost there and...” Eiko focused as she and Carbuncle shot a beam off white light at the serpent making the dark aura disappear leaving it to look around in confusion. “Your *huff* free to go.” She said as she was out of energy on the floor.

The sea serpent just dived back into the water dropping one of its scales on the deck. “That must be its way of saying thanks.” Sonata said as she picked up the scale and put it in her pocket.

“Now that that's done with, let’s give that spell to Sunset.” Dark Magician said while offering a yellow glowing orb to Sunset.

“Thanks...What am I supposed to do with this?” Sunset asked as she held the orb up.
“Just hold it and the info for the spell will go right into your brain.” Dark Magician said simply.

“Ok.” Sunset sad as she held the orb in hand as the orb shined and disappeared. “Let’s try this, Swords of Revealing Light!” She said as three swords appeared around around Zidane.

“Hey! why me!? Zidane said as the only thing that he can move is his tail

“I need to test the spell somehow. Wow that takes a lot of mana out of you.” Sunset said as she leaned on Sonata.

“You can set the spell to last from three minutes to three hours.” Dark Magician said

“That's good to know.” Zidane said as the swords disappeared.

And it looks to be based on how much mana you put into the spell… Got any other spells?” Sunset asked.

“Looks like we are nearing our destination soon so make it quick. Kupo.” Momo said as he went back to the wheel. “And you better not blow anything up!” he yelled.

“Ok. Here are some orbs of other spells I know along with a spell I call the Shits and Giggles spell.” Dark Magician said as he gave Sunset some more spell orbs.

“I guess it's time to send you ba-” Zidane said

“Wait do you have anything for me?” Eiko asked giving her best puppy dog eye’s to the two Magicians.

“What would you like?” Dark Magician asked while Dark Magician Girl went ahhh at the puppy dog eyes.

“Umm.. How about a new staff like your’s. This flute is not that strong.” She said as she held out her flute.

“Sure thing.” Dark Magician said as he opened a small portal and pulled out a copy of his staff and gave it to Eiko.

“Thank’s.” Eiko said as she took the staff and gave the Dark Magician a hug.

“As I was saying we are nearing the Forbidden land and I think you guy’s have other things to do in you home world?” Zidane asked

“Yeah me in my tower watching displaces of other worlds and Dark Magician Girl having fun in town.” Dark Magician said while Dark Magician Girl hold up a sign saying love to prank ponies

“Well then… I Zidane dismiss you.” Zidane said as a portal appeared behind the duo.

Well see you next time and beware of the Number Monsters.” Dark Magician said as he and Dark Magician Girl enter the portal before it closed.
“What was that about number monsters?” Sunset asked as she put the orb’s into her pocket.

“Must be the way they say good bye.” Sonata said as she flipped the scale like a coin in the air.

“Still it would be wise to get what you need before we land. Kupo.” Momo said as they approached the shore.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long with Spring and my Grandmother being in the hospital and all.

A crossover with Dark Magic Attacks!

As all was any comment good are bad is appreciated:twilightsmile: