• Published 22nd Aug 2016
  • 2,352 Views, 38 Comments

Setting Sun of Thieves - Shadow Hero



[A displacment] Zidane world's best Theif and Sunset ex-student of Princess Celestia run around helping others in there own way.

  • ...
12
 38
 2,352

Disc 1- part 10

-Trapped on a island-

"Ugh." Zidane groaned as he sat up. He looked around and saw he was on a beach with palm trees. "I guess.." He said as he heard rustling coming out of the bushes and he pulled out his short sword. He crept up to the bush and saw the blue haired siren lying unconscious without her pendent.

"Don't leave me." The unconscious woman said as she shot up scaring Zidane, making him jump into a tree. "Sorry."

"It's ok.." Zidane said as he jumped down from the tree.

"You're not going to leave me here all alone...Are you?" She said giving a puppy dog face.

"NO! It's better to work as a team to get off this rock."

"Why? Can't you swim?" She asked.

".....We don't know how far we are from civilization and can get tired." Zidane said with a nervous chuckle.

"Okay! My name is Sonata." She said as she raised her arm.

"Zidane, but you probably know that." Zidane said as he shuck Sonata 's hand.

"Not really, Dagi keep's me out of the loop sometimes."

"That's sad.. And she's your sister?"

"Yeah.." She said as her stomach growled.

"I guess first thing is to find food. Come on." Zidane said as he ran into the forest.

"Hey wait up!" She yelled as she ran after him to see him jumping from tree to tree. "Wow."

"Here." He said tossing her some fruit before landing back on the ground. "I would never leave a lady." He said with a bow making her giggle.

"Are these safe to eat?"

"Yes, its a dragon fruit." He said as he cut the red skin, green scaled fruit in half and ate the inside's and tossed the opposite half to Sonata.

Sonata looked at the fruit for a bit befor started to eat the inside to. "So sweet."

"Yeah. There are many others.." A sound of growling mixed with oinking came from the bushes a few feet away.

"What is that?" Sonata said shaking like a leaf.

"I don't know just stay back." Zidane said as he got ready to fight. A boar came charging out of the bush head first. Zidane rolled to the left and dodged the beast.

Sonata seeing this decided to help. She started to sing but without her pendent the boar just started to charge at her instead of stopping. Seeing this Zidane jumped and slashed the side of the boar knocking it off balance.

"What were you thinking?! You would of been hurt!" Zidane yelled as he stayed in between the boar and Sonata.

"I..I thought I could help, I’m always messing up." She said almost in tears.

"You have a weapon right?" He asked as he and the boar stared at each other.

"Duh." She said as she pulled out two katanas with a light blue hilt out of nowhere.

"How did you.. Never mind, you take the left and I’ll take the right." Zidane said as he ran to the right as she went to the left confusing the boar. With a nod, they charged at the boar slashing it and changing sides every so often. At last, the boar fell lifeless on to the floor.

"We did it." Sonata said as she jumped up and down in place.

"I guess we can have meat tonight." Zidane said as he put away his sword.

As they walked away they heard a sound. "What was that?" Sonata asked as they turned around and saw a fairy flying around before flying away.

"After it!" Zidane said as he ran after it and Sonata followed suit.


-Earlier on the other side of the island-

"Uhg, not again." Sunset said as she sat up.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Aria said as she just sat on a tree stump not too far away.

"What?" Sunset said as she prepared for a fight.

"Relax. I'm not here to fight..Plus we can help each other out."

"What do you.." She stopped as Aria pointed at the ocean. "Great!"

"Look it's no walk in the park to work with you either, but I’ll do anything if it keeps me alive."

"Fine what have you done so far?" Sunset said as she put back her rapier.

"Found some berries."

"That's all..." Sunset said looking at the handful of berries. she let out a sigh. "Let's find something more edible."

"What do you mean!? This taste.." Aria said as she popped a berry into her mouth. "Eww. This tastes disgusting." She said as she spat them out.

"And poisonous if you eat too much. You stay here and build us a shelter." Sunset said as she began to walk into the forest.

"Who died and made you boss!?" Aria yelled on deaf ears as a roar could be heard. "What was that?"

"Lunch." Sunset smirk before running head first towards the sound as Aria followed "You were supposed to..."

"That thing sounded big, so safety in numbers right?” Aria said cutting Sunset off.

They came to a clearing where a boar lazed about. "That's our target." Sunset said as she looked at the boar seeing it was the same size as her, maybe even bigger.

"So what's the plan boss?" Aria snarkily asked.

"Look I'm not you- whatever. Know any magic?" Sunset asked still staring at the boar, and trying to spot any weak points.

"Mmm. Just water based magic."

"Thats not-Wait, what!? How’s that possible? Sunset asked, as a young girl with short blue hair with a flute in hand jumped down from the trees.

"Easy." She said in a soft tone trying to calm the boar. The boar shaked its head and charged head first at the girl knocking her into a tree.

Without thinking Sunset shot a fireball at the boar. "Hey! Mean big and ugly! Over here!" She screamed getting the boar's attention.

"Are you insane!" Aria said as the wild boar decided to charge at them and they both rolled to the side.

The girl stood back up and saw the boar attacking the two. "I got this." She said to herself before playing her flute, the music some what danced in the air and a light blue squirrel like creature with a ruby embedded in its head appeared. "Carbuncle, can you help us?" She asked.

"Will do" it said as the ruby on its head started to glow brightly before blinding everyone there.

"What was that?" Sunset asked now seeing the boar on the floor dead.

"That was just Carbuncle's attack." The girl said as she walked over to them with said creature on her head.

"Thank's..." Sunset said looking at her closely she saw what looked to be a small horn coming out of her forehead which made her eye twitch.

"Never saw you around her before, how did you get here?" The girl asked.

"We were blown here." Aria said.

"..So you live here alone?" Sunset asked.

"Nope! I live with a bunch peo- Wait blown here just like the others. Come with me." She said as she ran.

"Wait, others?” Sunset asked as they followed.


They ran for a bit and came a to a village full of what looked living armor.

"Those are Yuke, but that can't be.." Sunset mumbled.

"See? Tons of people." She said as she continued to walk.

"Why are they-"

"Arie!" Sonata screamed as she rushed and gave Aria a big hug "You're ok."

"Yes I'm fine but can't..Breath."

"Sorry." Sonata said as a young looking Yuke walked up.

"Now Eiko, what did I tell you about wandering off." The young Yuke said to the young girl

"I’m sorry, but when that cute boy came by I had to go find something for him." She said as she tapped her left foot on the ground.

"Cute boy?" Sunset asked.

"Why yes..Zidane was it?” The Yuke pondered, rubbing the chin of his helmet.

"That's good to hear." Sunset said.

"He’s in the town hall talking to Starswirl about something.." The Yuke said.

"Yeah, it's by the Amore tree. I'll take you there." Eiko said taking Sunset’s hand.

"Oh, ok I guess." She said following.

"..So you're the only true living thing her?" Sunset asked.

"...." Eiko said nothing as they kept walking.

The rest of the walk was spent in silence til they made their way to the building. "I’m back!" Eiko screamed as she entered.

"Eiko how many times have I told you not to yell!" An old Yuke wearing a cap with stars on it said.

"Sorry Starswirl, but I found someone." Eiko said pulling Sunset inside.

"Ah you must be Sunset. Zidane talks about you a lot...he says you both are heroes of Cosmos?' Starswirl asked.

"Yes we.."

"Sunny you're ok." Zidane said as he jumped down the stairs.

"Yes I'm fine." Sunset said as Zidane gave her a hug as Eiko started to stare at Sunset.

"Ach. You two being here is no mistake." Starswirl said as he walked to a shelf and picked up a book. "You started your journey to learn to summon, correct?" he asked as he sat down.

"That was the plan before all this came dropping on my head." Sunset said taking a seat down right in front of him.

"This book may help you." He said placing the book on the table.

Sunset studied the book. "It looks like the other one I have."

"Try reading this one, it may prove helpful. Tea?" Starswirl said walking to his kitchen.

Sunset opened the book and began to read it. "I can actually read this." She said flipping the page.

"This one has a spell on it, and only under this tree is it readable to others." He said pouring a cup of tea for him and his guests.

"So what's it say?" Zidane asked.

"The clouse shrine is on the forbidden land, The Shrine of Hellfire." Starswirl said pointing at a map, they seem to be on an island next to the forbidden lands.

"So we're off then." Sunset said.

"I suggest you spend a couple of days here and relax, you seem to need it." Starswirl said taking a sip of tea.

"With all that is going on I agree. A little R&R is good for you." Zidane said sitting on the arm rest next to Sunset.

"I guess you're right." Sunset said as she let out a yawn. "I’m too tired to do anything."

"You may rest here if you like." Starswirl stated.

Author's Note:

Sorry with New leaf getting an update and Pokémon moon eating at my time with more pokémon to shiny hunt.. Anyway, so free time for the gang.

Any coment good or bad is appreciated