• Published 22nd Aug 2016
  • 2,353 Views, 38 Comments

Setting Sun of Thieves - Shadow Hero



[A displacment] Zidane world's best Theif and Sunset ex-student of Princess Celestia run around helping others in there own way.

  • ...
12
 38
 2,353

DLC: VS The Lingering Will

Author's Note:

This is a crossover with Kingdom Hearts, it's not a crossover with any other story.

I had fun writing this for the release of KH3, sadly due to stuff happening am unable to get the game(and it costing around 100$) so this is the next best thing right. Also, this is the closest Zidane will be in a Kingdom hearts game.

-DLC: The Lingering Will-

Zidane and the others made it back to Montblanc's house where Vivi told them what happened to the other group on the Airship.

Zidane decided to catch his breath with everything happening. He went for a walk to check on Choco who was sleeping soundly in a barn not too far from the house. “You ok?” Sunset had asked from the door to the barn, startling him and causing him to turn around. “Ever since we left Canterlot you’ve seemed kinda off.”

“It's just... Kuja was my friend before this mess, I don't want him to go down the wrong path…” He said petting Choco.

“Look, it's not your job to look after him. You’re a warrior of light and-”

“What if I’m not strong enough for the title, sure I trained with the others but what if that's for naught?” Zidane said not wanting to be the one to fail them.

“Yeah, you're not strong as the rest.”

“Gee thanks.” The monkey tailed man said scarcely.

“Let me finish or I will light your tail on fire PERMANENTLY.” The summoner said angrily. “Now as I was saying-”

But before Sunset could finish a strange symbol appeared under them and started to glow. “Are we being summoned to another-”

“I don't think so,” Zidane said cutting her off again as the light engulfed them.

“Why are you two lov- Hey where did you go?” Sonata asked as she poked her head into the barn.


As the light died down, Zidane landed on his feet but Sunset landed on her butt. “Here, let me help you out.” He said as he leaned down and helped her up.

“Where are we?” Sunset asked while looking around.

Getting their bearings, they seemed to be in a desert surrounded by mountains, swords planted into the ground... but upon closer inspection, the sword's seem to be shaped like verse keys, that Zidane remembered as Keyblades.

“Strange... what the?” The monkey tailed man said as a sandstorm formed and subsided, a brown suit of armour with a light brown cape that was kneeling with a Keyblade in hand appeared.

“Aqua…. Ven…. No, you're not them… Xe... arrg… Come test your might, children of Cosmos.” A male distorted voice said that seemed to come from nowhere.

“Who? Anyway... fine, if this is a test, I might as well.” Zidane said taking a battle stance but his daggers didn't summon. “What the?” He said confused.

“That must be due to the shield around us.” The summoner said pointing out the dome that surrounds them.

“Fine, I'll just fight you using one of these.” The thief said, running to a Keyblade that looked like his daggers.

Once Zidane took the Keyblade in hand, the suit of armour quickly rushed at him causing him to defend against the attack.

The armour seemed to be giving Zidane trouble, causing him to take a knee. Seeing this, Sunset rushed over to a Keyblade with fiery rose looking teeth and a key chain of yin yang yellow and red sun.

She could feel the power of the weapon and shot a ball of fire at the armour causing it to jump out of the way. “Thanks.” Zidane said as he spun the Keyblade around making the blade edge face backwards.

“Why do you even hold your weapons like that?” Sunset questioned with a confused stare.

Before Zidane could answer, the Armor rushed at them full speed on what looked like a motorcycle. Zidane easily flipped to the side but Sunset formed a shield around her.

The Armor flew a bit away and transformed his Keyblade into a fist and slammed into Sunset’s shield and sent her flying into the side of a mountain. It charged up its fist, a shot aimed at the downed Sunset.

“No,” Zidane said as a surge of energy filled him, causing him to transform into his Trance state, now with his increased speed, he rushed over and summoned a shield of his own to protect them from the blast with the help of the Keyblade's power.

“Thanks,” Sunset said as she had trouble standing.

“Hold still.” Zidane, still in trance, said as he put his hand over her chest, causing it to turn blue to heal her wound.

It didn't take that much time to heal her, most likely because of him being in Trance or maybe it was done to the Keyblade.

Seeing this, the Armor sent out small little orbs that flew at them. Sunset shot fireballs at them as Zidane went straight for the Armor, Keyblade in hand.

They clashed, causing a shock wave that kicked some dust into the air. “No one hurts my friends and gets away with it.” The thief said as he jumped back, pointed his Keyblade at it and sent white orbs he followed, running forward and slashing.

The suit of Armor didn't have time to react against the orbs and got struck from all sides.

“Now let's finish this,” Zidane said, turning his Keyblade to face forward and rushed against it.

The Armor turned its Keyblade into a fist and the two collided with each other, but this time sent Zidane flying.

The monkey tailed man landed on his feet as Trance wore off. “Bad timing...” He said, panting and falling to his knees as the Armor held its Keyblade above his head.

Sunset had finally dealt with the flying nuisances and turned to see Zidane on his knees. “Okay, it's my turn then.” She said as a white light surrounded her. As it died down, she had one Angelic wing and one demonic wing jutting from her back and a horn made of light spiralled out of her forehead and was now wearing a white dress with flame-like patterns on it.

She quickly shot a giant ball of fire at the Armor causing it to jump back.

“Typical.” The Demonic angel said as she rushed over to Zidane casting Curaga on him before heading after the Armor.

Seeing Sunset rush in, the Armor swung his Keyblade around, imitating a whip.

Sunset did her best to dodge all the swipes, getting hit by some. “Okay... plan B.” She said, flying out of range of the attack and began to charge a Firaja at the tip of her Keyblade.

Not wanting that, The Armor stopped and transformed its Keyblade into a Motorcycle and began to fly around before heading straight for the flame-haired woman.

Sunset, not having the spell fully charged, was saved by Zidane, now back in Trance, who summoned a shield around her.

“I’m gonna feel this later for sure,” Zidane grunted, giving Sunset a cheeky grin as he focused a spell of his own at the end of his Keyblade, Blizaraga.

With a nod, the pair launched their spells together. “ Frozen Firaja!” They both yelled.

To say the fusion spell was massive was an understatement, it was as big as the mountain range, which thusly made a hole thought it.

Very…. good… children of...Cosmos.” the voice said as the suit of armour disappeared in a sandstorm.

Upon disappearing, Zidane transformed back to normal, causing him to fall limp to the floor. “My everything hurts,” Zidane said in tremendous pain from using that much energy.

The dome around them disappeared and a wave of green light was cast on them, soothing Zidane’s body.

“Whatever sent us here seems to care for our well being… now what?” Sunset asked looking around and back to normal with her Keyblade over one shoulder.

On cue, another dust storm came and left a large red chest.

The duo walked over to the chest, Sunset tried to open it to no avail. “It's locked, can't you pick it?” She asked.

“I’m no petty thief… but I do know how to open it.” The monkey tailed man said. “Stand back.” He jumped back twirling his Keyblade, as he landed, he aimed at the chest causing a beam of light to shoot out right into the lock. “There that should do that.” He said taking a bow.

“Show off,” Sunset said as she opened the chest.

On the inside were two key chains similar to the ones on the Keyblade’s they were holding, a magic scroll with a symbol of a blazing sun, a pair of silver daggers with a design of a wing them, and a yellow star-shaped fruit.

“Out of all things why a fruit?” Sunset asked picking up said fruit.

“No, it can't be,” Zidane said taken back at the sight of the fruit. If he remembered correctly, it was a Paopu fruit.

“So you know what this is then?”

“Ahh... Ya kinda sorta...” The thief said scratching the back of his neck with a slight blush. He cleared his throat. “Never mind what it is it's just-” Before he could finish, the same light shined around them, teleporting them back.


“And that's what happened,” Zidane said, retelling what just transpired.

“That's very interesting, Kupo,” Montblanc said petting a Carbuncle with a pearl as its jewel.

Sonata placed a plate in front of them and Both Sunset and Zidane took a slice and took a bite.

After a few chews, Zidane realized what he and Sunset were eating, the Paopu. “So-Sonata.” He said with a blush.

“What, though you two were hungry after the fight.” She said giggling

“What's the matter if we share the fruit?” Sunset asked raising an eyebrow

“N-N-Nothing,” Zidane said right after letting out a yawn. “It's getting late so I’m going to bed.” He said rushing out of the room.

“I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS FRUIT IS!!” Sunset yelled after him.