• Published 22nd Aug 2016
  • 2,340 Views, 38 Comments

Setting Sun of Thieves - Shadow Hero



[A displacment] Zidane world's best Theif and Sunset ex-student of Princess Celestia run around helping others in there own way.

  • ...
12
 38
 2,340

Disc 1- part 5

Manehattan, Library

"Uhg! This would go so much faster if I had help." Sunset silently yelled as she had a book open

"Um, excuse me? Are you finished with that?" A girl with short green hair wearing a yellow skirt and a white shirt said.

"No I am not." Sunset said as she let out a sigh.

"Oh. Ok then. Do you need help or something? Because my mom told me a bit on summoning." The girl said.

"She.. Wait your mom can summon?!" Sunset yelled getting shushed by some others around her.

"Sorta. She can only summon a dragon made of mist."

"So can you help me look through this? I need to learn more." Sunset said as she pointed at a pile of books.

"Umm. Sure, what exactly are you looking for?"

"A location of any temple." Sunset said as she went back to reading the book in front of her.

"By the way my name is Rydia" the girl said as she picked up a book.

"... Sunset." Sunset said as she kept reading.

A few books later...

"I found something. Did your mom ever tell you about Madain Sari?" Sunset asked.

"I think so.. Ah."

"Rydia there you are. What are you doing?" Rydia's mom said as she walked up to the table.

"Uh. Hi mom, I'm helping Sunset with a class project about Summoning." Said Rydia

"Yep class project, my partner ran off to Cosmos knows were." Sunset said with the biggest fake smile on her face.

"Right... Anyway it's time to go." Rydia's mom said.

"Wait befor you go do you know were Madain Sari is?" Sunset asked.

"Um. The ancient city home to the art of Summoning?" Rydia's mom said getting a nod from Sunset. "That place has been lost for years."

"Oh. I’m back to square one." Sunset said as she slammed her head on the desk.

"I am guessing this is more than just a project."

"Yeah. I want to learn to summon, sure I can summon my familiar and all."

"Show me." Rydia's mom said,

"I guess I can, lets go somewhere less flammable." Sunset said as she got up.


The Library rooftop

"Wow, Look at the view." Rydia said as she looked at the city down below.

"Yes it is rather nice. Now then show me what you can do." Rydia's mom said.

"Ok stand back." Sunset said as she raised her arm up and a spark of blue fire shot out of her hand and materialized into a Blue Phoenix.

"Nice. A Phoenix is a hard summon and a blue is even rarer. You have great potential if you put your mind to it." Rydia's mom said.

"Yeah. One of my old teacher's said the same thing." Sunset said as she pet her Phoenix.

"They’re not wrong. Here have this." Rydia's mom said as she pulled out an old looking book.

"A book... What language is this?"'Sunset said as she read the first page.

"Its an ancient language used by the first summoners. Now you best be off if you don't want to be caught." Rydia's mom said.

"What do.." Sunset said as Rydia's mom pointed to look over the ledge seeing Royal Guards. "Oh. Wait how did you.." She said as she saw neither Rydia or her mom anywhere.
Sunset looked at the book and then ran down the stairs.


Train Station, a few minutes ago

"We are here to bring back Miss. Shimmer unharmed. Do I make myself clear, and I am here to make sure you do this right." Beatrix, a woman with chestnut brown hair and wearing a silver eye patch over her right eye said as she paced back and forth in front of the Royal Guards.

"Yes ma'am." The guards said in unison as the started to march the streets.

Present

"Now what." Sunset said as she stared to hide from the Guard hoping she did not get caught.

"I think I see her." Some guard said as the rushed in another direction, as Sunset ran toward the dock's.

"I think I lost them."

"Not quite." Beatrix said on top of some crates

"Look, I know Princess Celestia sent you to find me and all. But can you at least look the other way." Sunset pleased.

"I don't think so, I’m not as soft as Auron." Beatrix said as she jumped down.

"Figures as much." Sunset said as she drew her rapier.

"You do know you're out matched right." Beatrix said as she drew her sword Save the Queen.

"Yeah I know, I did have you to train me." Sunset said as she launched a fireball.

"You gotta do better than that." Beatrix said as she slashed the fireball in half with ease. Right as she was about to use a Stun Slash a cannon ball flew at her, she back flipped to dodge it.

"Ma'am, it seems the Changeling Empire is attacking." A Royal Guard said as he ran towards her.

"I see." Beatrix said with a sigh. In the confusion Sunset ran away. "Let's go take care of this then." she said as she sheathed her sword.


Canterlot castle

"Princess, the city of Manehattan is under attack by Changeling Empire." A Royal Soldier said as he gave a bow.

"I don't think it's them. King Rancor would never do do something like this."Auron said as he stood guard in place of Beatrix.


"Even if that is so, I would like you to bring the Royal Soldiers to help out." Princess Celestia said.

"Understood." Auron said as he walked away. As he walked he saw a man with no shirt on wearing black shorts with an orange and red sash over his right leg bearing a large black tattoo. "What brings you here, Jecht?" Auron asked as he stopped.

"You know why. I need your help." Jecht stated.

"I’m not a Hero of Light like you."

"I just need you to help slap some sense into my boy, that's all." Jecht said as he put his arm around Auron.

"I have things to do.. But I make no promises." Auron said as he walked away.

Author's Note:

I made a blog post talking about the diffrent guards.