• Published 22nd Aug 2016
  • 2,352 Views, 38 Comments

Setting Sun of Thieves - Shadow Hero



[A displacment] Zidane world's best Theif and Sunset ex-student of Princess Celestia run around helping others in there own way.

  • ...
12
 38
 2,352

Disc 2 part 5

Twilight was making her rounds when the airship had come under fire. “That can be good.” She said, hurriedly running to the bridge. As she got there, the captain turned right, causing her to wobble.

“What's going on?” She asked as she grabbed ahold of something stable.

“It seems we are under attack from a Changeling airship.” The captain said as he turned the wheel right, dodging another fireball.

“There's something we can do right?” Rainbow asked as she decided to hover in the air.

“Any magic-users may head to the roof and attack any oncoming assailants, everyone else, head to the cannons.” He said getting a nod from the group as they split up.

Twilight, Rarity, Vivi, and Fluttershy went topside to wait for commands. “Alright, get ready for anything,” Twilight said with her staff in hand.

“I should've gone with the others,” Fluttershy whispered, clutching her necklace.

“Nonsense darling, you have come so far.” The purple-haired Feol said.

“Rarity is right,” Vivi said patting the Viera on the back, getting a smile from her.

The action was short-lived when a winged black mage landed in front of the group that looks like a buffer Vivi.

“What the?” Vivi was confused by this and took a step back.

The winged mage took a step forward with a fireball in hand.

“So what are you?” Twilight asked not getting an answer.

It raised the hand with the fireball, aimed it at the group and launched it.

With quick thinking, Fluttershy shielded them with the spell Shell. “Now's not the time for that.” She said as the shield lowered.

“Right, sorry.” The bookish girl said before sending a bot of electricity at the Black Mage.

“Are you alright dear?” Rarity asked Vivi, who was not sure what to do. This was the first time seeing someone that looked like him.

“What am I?” He asked to no one, before shaking that thought out of his head when he heard Twilight scream as she went flying into the side of the ship. Vivi looked over and saw Fluttershy was doing her best to protect Twilight.

“I can't… Let you hurt my friends.” The tiny black mage said as a surge of energy flowed through him causing his floppy hat to stick upwards.

The large black mage stopped its attack and focuses on Vivi, now sending orbs of either fire or ice at the tiny mage.

Over on the Changeling airship:

“Agh! Why didn't we go to fight?” A female changeling guard named Prine groaned, annoyed as she sat looking at a hologram of their target.

“Because it's better to let others dirty their hands,” Adagio said, sitting next to Seymour.

“It seems our puppet, Black Waltz is having a hard time fighting the rogue puppet,” Seymour said, eyes intently surveying the battle.

“What’s up with the glowing?” Prine asked.

“Trance, a surge of emotion that strengthens the user… Interesting ‘it’ can even access that state.” The man said as a black mage put a cup of tea in front of him.

“So what do we do, that thing is going to lose,” Adagio asked pointing at the fight, getting a smirk from the Guado.

Back to the fight with Vivi and the girls, he was casting magic faster then the Black Mage could handle. “Take this!” He cried, waving his staff in the air as a large blast of blue fire surrounded the large mage.

The large mage passed out on the floor. Twilight walked up to see its lifeless eyes. “I think it's dead… wait… It was never alive.” She said as she felt the skin… finding felt-like fabric.

“Then what does that mean for me?” The tiny mage asked, scared to find out.

But before anyone can think of an answer, the Changeling ship fired a cannonball that was larger than the last, causing the airship to descend. “Hold on everyone!” The captain’s voice echoed from the intercom.

The captain tried his best to straighten the airship for a softer landing but Adagio had other plans as she shot a barrage of Bomb monsters at them, one of the bombs hit the engine room, causing the ship to explode.


-In an unknown forest-

“Ugh, my head.” Rainbow groaned, rubbing the back of her head as she sat up, she looked around to see that the airship was broken into pieces and the last thing she remembered. “Pinkie!” She screamed looking for the cat girl.

“Over here. I'm doing ok but Applejack...” Pinkies' voice called out from behind some debris.

Rainbow quickly rushed over to Pinkie and saw that Applejack was unconscious. “Oh no, please be ok.” She pleaded.

Applejack saved them by bending the floor under them before the explosion, but it seems that she got the brunt of the force.

“Am doing alright, just need rest.” She said in between coughs.

“Hey Doc, I think I found them.” A female voice said from up in the tree.

Both Pinkie and Rainbow looked up and saw a dark-skinned female elf with long light purple hair. “Don't worry we are not here to hurt you.” She reassured the trio before jumping down.

“Must you run off, Prishe.” Another female voice said as a not even knee-high woman with pointy ears and a staff strapped to her back walked towards the group.

“Sorry, I saw them falling and wanted to check upon them.” The elf that goes by Prishe said, crossing her legs and putting her hands behind her head.

“I am Shantotto, and this brash elf is Prishe. We are among Cosmos chosen.” the little mage said.

“So you’re just like Zidane?” Pinkie asked.

“If you must compare me to ‘him’, then yes.” Shantotto said before giving her signature laugh.

“Wait she said Doc, as in Doctor Shantotto?” Rainbow asked.

“Why yes, but I’m no Doctor that mastered white magic, though I do have medicine that should help. But rest should help with the medicine.” She said.


Fluttershy was able to pull a shield around everyone except Vivi, who flew in the opposite direction. “Is everyone alright?” She asked lowering the shield.

“Did you see where Vivi landed? I know he should be here somewhere.” Twilight asked looking around frankly.

“He should be fine, he is a strong one after all.” Rarity said.

“She is right.” A male voice said, everyone, turned around and saw a man in dark blue armour with two gold horns pointing upwards.

“Do not be alarmed, I am not here to harm you, but to help. I am the Warrior of Light.” He said.

“Warrior of Light, so you're like Sunset and Zidane?” Twilight asked, getting a chuckle form the night.

“Yes and a warrior of Cosmos, her right-hand knight… I guess my name is confusing so just call me Adam.” The man said with a slight bow.

“She must have taught you how to be a gentleman then.” Rarity said.

“Let's find a place to rest for the night,” Adam said as he leads the group to a place set up with a campfire and tents. “We should take turns guarding, I’ll take first watch seeing as you look to have had a long day.” He said gesturing to the tents.

Not batting an eye, Rarity and Fluttershy walked over to the tents leaving Twilight, as she decided to stay up. “Mind if I sit with you? I’m not tired,” she asked.

“By all means.” The knight said gesturing to the seat in front of him.

After a few minutes of silence, Twilight cleared her throat getting Adam’s attention. “Seeing as you are Cosmos right-hand man, mind if I ask you something?”

“By all means.”

“Well, ever since I met up with my friends I have been feeling quite a few intense moments of Deja Vu, and meeting you seems to bring that feeling to the forefront as well. Do you know why?” The purple-haired human asked.

This caused Adam to let out a sigh. “You must be slowly regaining your memories, yes we have met before, but at a different time.” He said

“What do you mean?”

“Long ago this planet was not the same as it is today... It's a very long story and I’m not-”

“I need to know it's been bugging me!” Twilight almost screamed.

“Fine, if you must know.” He said causing Twilight to settle in her seat

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(WoL POV)

Long ago during the first cycle, Cosmos and I were Displaced into a world of ponies, you were a princess.

I was a Princess?

Yes now please don’t interrupt, now than where was I... oh yes.

Twelve cycles ago in, we appeared in a crystal tree castle, a pink unicorn mare was reading a book when a flash of light appeared in the center of the room.

“Twilight!!” she screamed causing said alicorn to rush over to the room. “I didn't do it I swear.”

As the light faded both Cosmos and me in red armour, descended to the floor. “Where are we?” I asked looking around.

“It seems to be in a world similar to my husband’s favourite TV show,” Cosmos said. “How surreal.” She said to herself.

“Are you ok Jean?” I asked her.

“It seems I have Mattreia’s voice in my head. Anyway, we are not here to hurt any of you.” Jean said with a smile, she gave off a calming aura.

“Th-that's good to know I’m-”

“Princess Twilight, I am aware… Wait if I have your voice in my head does that mean. Oh no.” Jean said

“What is it?” I asked her.

“That means Aki has Spritus’ voice in his head. You don’t think he’ll do anything reckless?”

“I’m so confused about what's going on.” The unicorn named Starlight said.

“Sorry about that, but we must hurry if he has Spritus’ voice in his head that can’t be good. Can you gather the rest of the princesses?” Jean asked.

“I’m not even sure if I should believe you,” Twilight said flaring her wings.

“If she has Cosmos’ powers then Aki has Chaos’ powers and that are of destruction and... Well, Discord.”

As on cue, the draconequus known as Discord showed up. “Did someone say my name~?” He said.

“Ah Discord, you can help find my husband, seeing as you have most of the same powers. Do you sense anything?” Jean asked.

The draconequus strokes his beard before a beam of light shot out into the sky from the west. “AH! I do, it's in Manehattan... And what power it is.” he said.

“Then I was right and too late. We must hurry then,” Jean said.

“She’s right, gather your friends and help or this world goes kaput.” Discord said.

“Why aren't you helping then?” Starlight asked as Twilight rushed out of the room to gather her friends.

“My powers won’t work on a being that shares the same kind of power. Did that once and it didn’t end well. Ever wonder how my dimensions become what it is?”

“That’s a story for another time, we must get ready for the battle,” I said as I checked my equipment seeing it all turned real.

We met the elements at the train station, where we got a lot of stares, even from a certain mint green unicorn. “We should not take it personally... Sorry, that was Mattreia. But she is right.” Jean said putting a hand on my shoulder.

“Okay, everyone is here so I’ll get the tickets.”

“There is no need.” The blond-haired human sais, opening a portal. “This should lead to where you need to go.”

“You’re not coming?” I asked.

“I never said that. I am not like the real Cosmos. Sorry, it’s just… Never mind, let’s go.” She said shaking her head.

As Jean walked passed Rarity, I thought I saw a spark of an idea. Before walking through the portal myself.
The portal leads us to Manehatten, and as we walked out, the whole city was ablaze.

“That's not good, here let me.” Rainbow Dash flew upwards but was stopped by Zu, who flapped its wings sending her back to the ground. “Hey!” she said staring at the monster.

“Ah, Cosmos you showed up with your pawns.” I very deep voice called out, on top of a skyscraper was a man with charcoal coloured skin with a giant sword next to him. “Fight me like a real god!”

“His mind was corrupted faster than I expected,” Jean said.

But before we could even move, a man with a metal mask that covered his whole head and a large sword similar to Chaos’ own rushed at us. With a swing of my sword, I parried the blow. “Dan what are you-”

“I have shed that name, I am Garland now.” He said as the eyes within shined red as we struggled against each other.

“That not good,” I said pushing him away taking a stance in between him and the others.

“We must stop them before he destroys this world and the only way is… I’m aware of the consequences.” I heard Jean say as I clashed with Garland.

Garland shook his head a bit. “What am I..” He shook his head again before jumping back and into a dark portal.

I looked over and saw Chaos look at us with a sad look before he too disappeared. “They must be still in there,” I said to Jean who was deep in thought.

“He is? How can you tell?” She asked me as the monsters thrashed the city. “Oh.” She said upon realizing.

“So what gives, you four appear and trash a city!?” Rainbow said getting up and personal with Jean.

“That is enough Rainbow, these two are here to help us,” Luna said as she landed in front of the group. “Mattreia, it's good to see you again.” She said with a smile.

“I’m not, well I am but...” Jean seemed to be lost for words.

“She is part Mattreia... It's confusing.” I said scratching the back of my neck.

“Either way there is much to discuss.” The lunar princess said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Back to no POV)

“And that's the beginning of the cycles of destruction… With the crystals, we should be able to purge Sprites from him and hope to Cosmos that will break this cycle before it causes more damage, but It seems SOMEONE reminded him of the crystals.” Adam said poking at the fire.

“So we lose our memories of the past, why?”

“No one wants to remember the way they died. Cosmos called every hero here but one, Zidane. He seemed to of fallen into the same trap as us.” The knight said looking up into the night sky.

Twilight let out a small yawn. “It seems someone is tired. Go get some sleep, you may need it for tomorrow.” Adam said.

“But I want to know what happened next.” The purple-haired girl said trying to fight back another yawn.

“Maybe another time.” He said with a chuckle.

With a nod and a promise of being told the story of the first cycle, Twilight head to the tents.

As she heads in, Adam let out a sigh. “Hope this is the last cycle, I don't want to become like... No this will work.” He said shaking his head and going back to his watch.

Author's Note:

Am wondering if anyone would want to read more into the past of this world. I did have fun but just want to know if the first cycle should be its own story :twilightsheepish:

Anyway any comments good or bad is appreciated :twilightsmile: