• Published 20th Aug 2016
  • 3,625 Views, 119 Comments

The Mane 6 Talk Politics - CategoricalGrant



Join renowned journalist Breaking Scoop for exclusive interviews with Equestria's greatest Heroes about where they stand in Politics!

  • ...
6
 119
 3,625

Fluttershy- The Progressive Green

“So Fluttershy, do you mind telling me about your political opinions?”

“Oh…well…I don’t know. I don’t want to step on anypony’s hooves.”

Fluttershy is sitting on her couch, surrounded by a variety of small woodland creatures. I warily eye the various, questionable 'herbal remedies' present in glass jars on a shelf behind her.

She seems to wither under my questions.

“I’m sure the ponies of Equestria would love to hear all about what you think. Why don’t we start with something that you feel passionately about. How should government policy impact animals?”

“Oh, well, um, I do care so very deeply about my animal friends. They’re so intelligent and incredible… I think we need to spend more money on making sure that we don’t hurt the environment that they live in.”

“Is that so? So you’re okay with extra taxes?”

“Oh, certainly. It’s so very important to spend enough bits on controlling pollution and protecting the environment. Harry the Bear lives with me because his old cave was destroyed in a land development project. It was so sad!”

Fluttershy’s tearful complexion and frowning face was almost contagious.

"And what would you do with the extra tax money?"

"Oh, well, that's easy. I think we need to establish more social services. Sometimes starving chipmunks show up at my door, or an injured bird has to hop its way to me just to survive. It's so terrible to think that there are ponies without access to food or medical care! Why shouldn't we help provide that to them, just like I help these poor, sweet animals

“What about social issues? Hate speech laws? Transgender bathroom policy?”

“We need laws to make sure that everypony treats everypony else with respect. I have to make sure that none of my animal’s friend’s feelings are hurt. Why can’t we do the same with ponies? And…”

Fluttershy lets out a very soft giggle.

“I have always been more interested in installing composting toilets in unisex restrooms.”

In a rare lapse of journalistic integrity, I cringed slightly with visceral disgust before politely ending the interview to move onto my next appointment.