• Published 20th Aug 2016
  • 3,606 Views, 119 Comments

The Mane 6 Talk Politics - CategoricalGrant



Join renowned journalist Breaking Scoop for exclusive interviews with Equestria's greatest Heroes about where they stand in Politics!

  • ...
6
 119
 3,606

Equestrian Unity

My interviews with our national heroes were very telling. I learned at least three different things from my interviews with Twilight Sparkle and her friends. All three will deeply impact the way that I view politics in Equestria.

First, there are a great deal of various political views held in our great country. Some are steeped in tradition, while others radically embrace democracy. Others have great faith in government, while others have no faith at all. Some want to keep their money; others think it would do better in the hooves of the government.

Second, there is a deep-seated dissatisfaction with things as they are in Equestria. Everypony I spoke to wanted to radically change the way politics works. Ultimately, we need to always be pressing forward in politics, and never staying stagnant.

Finally, politics is not everything. Twilight Sparkle and her friends may all have opposing views on how things should be run, who should hold power, and whether voting is even worth it. However, at the end of the day, they are still just that: friends. These titans of history would bicker if we put them in the same room, but they would even sooner unite for the good of Equestria.

The real politics of Equestria is friendship. If that conclusion doesn’t get me a Pulitzer, I don’t know what will.


NOTE: As of Press Time on Saturday the 20th, Breaking Scoop is unable to respond to inquiries or make corrections due to being detained in Ponyville Castle on unknown charges. When asked about his status, Princess Twilight Sparkle replied, “His status is none of your beeswax, but I have plenty of dungeon space.” When asked if that was a threat, Princess Twilight responded by claiming that she was merely boasting about the great size of the castle’s dungeon.

Princess Celestia returned no comment to our questions, but later released a statement saying, in part, that “The matter is being handled internally.”

Comments ( 32 )

I love this, especially Applejack, seriously that is so almost exactly what I would say in such an interview. I would love to hear what Discord would have to say, you know he is a straight up Anarchist.

Ah, this was very fun to read. A great short satire of political views that flow pretty well.

However, I will say this...
Applejack will be declared a Kulak and be sent to the gulags within the first couple of years of the revolution.
Fluttershy will likely be a valued member as a face for it
Twilight will (obviously) defend her position of power and wealth in futile efforts against the masses
Rarity will either join the USSE or be sent to the gulags.
Pinkie Pie will likely be a leader until she is assassinated for being too extreme and trying to make a world revolution
Rainbow Dash will likely remain with the loyalists, clawing for the status quo to remain unchanged.
Spike will be with the revolution, though he'll likely be a part of a separate revolutionary force that wants a free democracy rather than an oppressive democracy
Starlight Glimmer will probably be in charge of the secret police
Breaking News will be freed and named head propagandist

I wonder who I'm missing... oh well, not important. I loved all the little details you threw in like the 5 year plan and the red army plan. Great story.

Hmm... interesting

Ok now that I have read the entire story I feel I can better leave a reaction. It is as follows:

Twilight: The worst princess and is throughly brain washed by Celestia.
Spike: I love you man.
Rainbow Dash: The big reason I think basic competency is nessary for voting.
Fluttershy: You can believe what you want to.
Applejack: A bit crazy but spot on.
Pinkie: Can I fit you for a straight jacket?
Rarity: Mr. Trump is that you?
Starlight Glimmer: Vote you crazy mare, even if your vote may not count you still should exercise that right until the Alicorn's strip you of that right.

Overall a fun read! Have a thumbs up.

Pretty good and funny throughout, OOC interviews be damned. But, you're missing Discord-even if the conversation is under five hundred words, I'm sure Breaking News will be traumatized by the experience.

Or inspired to start a revolution. Hard to say, to be perfectly honest.

Very fun little story, I hope Mr. Breaking Scoop enjoys his times in the FRIENDSHIP dungeons in Twilight's FRIENDSHIP castle for his FRIENDSHIP transgressions.

Also I as well would enjoy a chapter with Discord if you ever felt the need to add more characters to the story :heart:.

7498800 I do too, except that I believe foreign intervention serves a purpose and that there are bigger issues to worry about than the Central Bank.

7497626 A minarchist is a type of libertarian, libertarians are a very diverse group but the two main divisions are between minarchists and anarcho capitalists. Minarchists believe in a very limited government that is greatly de centralized and often emphasize the constitution and states rights. A good example of a minarchist libertarian would be Ron Paul, minarchists tend to see government as a necessary evil that needs to be controlled by havings its power be much more limited in scope than your average person. An anarcho capitalist on the other hand will often argue that taxation is theft and while they accept a limited government as well will argue that certain government services like police, fire departments ect... should be privatized. To put it simply minarchists are a tad more moderate while anarcho capitalists are a bit more radical.

7498957 BOOO down with democracy fascist- communism shall rise!!!!!!

7497690 agreed comrade but rainbow dash will most likely become a general then kill during a purge ( RIP all good soviet millitary officers.)

7509873
*sigh* All those intelligent people, sentenced to die because reasons.

7509880 lol because reasons the reasons the behind everything are reasons :p

7515383
7513727
Please conduct your flamewars elsewhere, gents.
???:derpytongue2:???

Can we have more stories with Breaking Scoop. I am sure Equestrian needs the press.

Could've been longer and more detailed, I guess..

I guess I'm fine with the stereotypes given how this is supposed to be lighthearted, but I would've liked a bit more... complexity from them.

P.S.: Rainbow Dash is an idiot. :facehoof:

7665858 "Religious RIght" and "Right-Libertarianism" are not mutually exclusive categories (I fit into both, after all). Glad you enjoyed the story!

7675501 the power of and AKM compels you to get out of my chat.

7675787 power of air superiority compels you to leave your soul to me.

7676124
7675790
There are few things more depressing than logging on to see that you have 12 notifications, only to find that ten of them are the result of a comments flamewar on one of your old stories.

7676431 i never said to stop. Just stating facts :rainbowlaugh:

7676411 i honestly just came on yesterday and this guy hatin my commie swagger

7676861
Problem this wasn't any Anarcho-Syndicalist and Left-Libertarians

8226821
No left-'libertarians', indeed.

I'm not sure how, but I came across this little ditty and decided to read it. I liked it, though I find myself torn because, while it is a satire, it feels like it's also a good imagining of what some of the cast's political leanings might be.

Rainbow Dash, AJ, Fluttershy, Spike, and Starlight were all fairly realistic, while Twilight, Rarity, and Pinkie felt more like a parody. They all have the same tongue-in-cheek tone, which was fun, but it was jarring to feel that the characters were either being played with or played straight.

Still, overall an entertaining read. :twilightsmile:

While I didn't agree with everything, it was a fun read. The part that I didn't really like was Pinkie's, but so what? It's a good fanfic that doesn't take itself seriously.

The story made me laff and groan out loud at a few points. I was at work so I got a few comments like "what are you laffing at?" and "why are you not working?"

8398937
Reducing productivity is my job! I'm glad I could do it!

better in bed than ass red

7675473
Hey that's not a helicopter.

Dammit Twilight! :facehoof:

I liked this fic. A lot. Have a fav.

I feel like we all know Starlight would absolutely 100% be a god damn Stalinist.

NOTE: As of Press Time on Saturday the 20th, Breaking Scoop is unable to respond to inquiries or make corrections due to being detained in Ponyville Castle on unknown charges. When asked about his status, Princess Twilight Sparkle replied, “His status is none of your beeswax, but I have plenty of dungeon space.” When asked if that was a threat, Princess Twilight responded by claiming that she was merely boasting about the great size of the castle’s dungeon.

SAUDI ARABIAN MOMENT

Login or register to comment