• Published 24th Jun 2012
  • 2,685 Views, 181 Comments

My New Life - Ark125



Sequel to Pony Split. Pure Heart will have many new experiences in his new life.

  • ...
73
 181
 2,685

PreviousChapters Next
PonyCon: Eventful Evening

My New Life

Chapter 19 – PonyCon: Eventful Evening

Pure Heart and Luna arrived back at the festival just as the sun was about to set. They landed on the stage and Luna lowered the sun and raised the moon. He kissed Luna and told her to wait for him in the V.I.P. Booth and he then spoke into the megaphone when she was there. “Alright everypony, did you all have fun today?”

The crowd cheered in response.

“That is good to hear. We are grateful that you could all come tonight.” The crowd roared again. “Now then, we have one more song tonight then we will hoof out awards from today's events. So, without further ado, please give a warm welcome to Ms. Vinyl Scra-” He put his hoof over the megaphone as he was interrupted by a tap on his shoulder. One of the stage hooves whispered into his ear. “You sure?” The stage hoof nodded and then quickly walked away. Pure Heart turned back towards audience, taking his hoof off the megaphone, and said, “Change of plans. Vinyl Scratch has requested that her coltfriend be the one to give the closing song. So please put your hooves together for his starring debut, Strums!”

The crowd stomped loudly to welcome the pony as Pure Heart flew off towards his booth where his wife was waiting.

A blue pegasus with a black mane and tail took the stage. He had a black soul patch and on his flank was an acoustic guitar. He wore reflective sunglasses and a Commander Shepard hoodie and strapped to his back was a guitar not unlike the one depicted on his flank.

“Gooood evening Ponyville!” He yelled.

Everypony gave a cheer.

“My name is Strums and I am going to play you a song that I really enjoy and I hope that you will enjoy it too. Now, I will need everypony's help with this song. When I point to you, I want you repeat the last word I said. Got it?”

The crowd cheered in confirmation.

“Good! Here we go!” Strums took a dramatic pause, then he yelled:

I wanna rock
(Rock)
I wanna rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
I wanna rock
(Rock)

Turn it down you say
Well, all I got to say to you is time and time again I say
"No, no, no, no, no, no, no"
Tell me not to play

Well, all I got to say to you when you tell me not to play
I say, "No, no, no, no, no, no, no"
So, if you ask me why I like the way I play it
There's only one thing I can say to you

I wanna rock
(Rock)
I wanna rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
I wanna rock
(Rock)

There's a feelin' that I get from nothin' else
And there ain't nothin' in the world
That makes me go, go, go, go, go, go, go
Turn the power up

I've waited for so long so I could hear my favorite song
So let's go, go, go, go, go, go, go
When it's like this I feel the music shootin' through me
There's nothin' else that I would rather do

I wanna rock
(Rock)
I wanna rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
I wanna rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)
I wanna rock

I wanna rock
(Rock)
I wanna rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
I wanna rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)

I wanna rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)
Rock
(Rock)
I wanna rock.

As the song came to its close, the crowd cheered really hard.

Vinyl Scratch ran out on stage and gave Strums a hug. “That was spectacular!” She gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

“Thanks, glad you liked it.” Strums said, kissing her back.

Pure Heart flew down to the stage and said into the megaphone, “Wow! What an amazing performance. Let's give him another round of applause.”

The crowd clopped their hooves together and cheered again. Strums bowed and thank them again. He and Vinyl then made their exit.

When the cheering died down, Pure Heart spoke again. “Now then, let's announce the winners of today's events.” A stage hoof ran up and gave him a list. “Thank you. Ahem. Today's first award goes to...”


30 Minutes Later

“Once again, congratulations Crusaders for being the only ones to complete the scavenger hunt.” Pure Heart said.

“Thank you!!” The Cutie Mark Crusaders said in unison. They ran off the stage hauling away their prize.

“Okay, it looks like there are only a few more awards to hand out. Our next event is The Duel. Will Black Steel and Obsidian Baron please come to the stage?”

An ash gray pegasus with a black and white mane and tail came to the stage followed by a light blue unicorn with a white and blue mane.

“Black Steel.” The pegasus stepped forward. He was rather tall and his black armor clinked together whenever he took a step. “For being able to hold your own in a fight, we give you the Endurance Under Pressure award.” Pure Heart hoofed Black Steel a plaque.

“Thank you Prince.” He bowed and stepped backwards.

“Obsidian Baron.” The unicorn stepped forward. “For having the knowledge of how to use the most weapons effectively, you receive the Combat Specialist award.” Obsidian Baron was given a plaque as well.

“Thank you very much Prince.” He bowed and stepped back.

“Give them a hoof everypony.”

The crowd applauded as they went back to the audience.

“Alright, the last event of the night is the 20-Meter Dash!” The crowd cheered. “2nd place goes to... Burning Wings!”

The white pegasus came to the stage and took the red ribbon that was given to him. “Thank you very much.” He bowed and then returned to the crowd.

“Finally, 1st place of the 20-Meter Dash goes to... Dawn!”

The black pegasus came to the stage as the crowd cheered. He winked at Rainbow Dash as he approached Pure Heart. He was given the blue ribbon and then he gave his thanks.

Just as he was about to leave the stage, Pure Heart stopped him. “I have a quick question for you, Dawn?”

Dawn turned around and smiled. “Yes Prince?”

“Do you know what a human is?”

“Um, uh...”

“I see.” Pure Heart turned to the crowd. “Ladies and gentlecolts, it appears that we have a human among us.”

The crowd began to murmur.

“What? I am not a human?”

“Dawn. Calm down. I am not done.” He turned back to the crowd again. “It is okay if anypony here is a human. Some of you may know that I am not a native Equestrian. The truth is I am not from this planet at all. I am in fact from a planet called Earth. I am a human.”

The crowd gasped.

“Now, now. Humans are safe creatures and we are not that different from you. I do not know how we came to reside on your planet, but I do know that I am much happier here than I was on my own planet. And so it is by official decree that humans and ponies are to live in harmony together and will be treated equally.”

The crowd seemed to still be a little hesitant.

Rainbow Dash flew up onto the stage. “Hey! I have spent all of today hanging out with Dawn and I have known Pure Heart since he came here to Equestria. You all know Eclipse, right? Well he is also a human and none of you have a problem with him, do you?”

The crowd actually seemed to warm up to the idea now.

“Then cut them some slack. I actually like one of them.” She said, slightly blushing as she looked at Dawn.

*terrifying roar in the distance*

Everypony froze in fear.

“What in Equestra was that?” Dawn asked.

“It sounds like a dragon.” Pure Heart said. He then spoke to the audience. “Ladies and gentlecolts. It appears that our festival it at an end due to dangerous circumstances. If you would, please leave in an orderly fashion.”

As the crowd began to disperse, a loud voice echoed throughout the area. “Stay away from Rainbow Dash, you pitiful human whelp!”

“Hey Dawn, I think it's talking to you.” Pure Heart whispered.

Dawn gulped and then stepped forward. “What are you going to do if I don't?”

The voice roared again. “I will tear the flesh from your bones!”

“Says who?”

Large wing beats could be heard as something approached from the darkness. Then a red pegasus with massive wings came into view. “My name is Corrosive Dash!” He landed with a loud thud onto the stage. He let out a torrent of flame above the crowd, causing them to panic. “Get away from my sister!”

PreviousChapters Next