• Published 24th Jun 2012
  • 2,685 Views, 181 Comments

My New Life - Ark125



Sequel to Pony Split. Pure Heart will have many new experiences in his new life.

  • ...
73
 181
 2,685

PreviousChapters Next
New Friend

My New Life

Chapter 2 – New Friend

"Starfire! Come down right now! Nightshade, stop pulling your sister's hair!" I was frantically trying to catch my children as they flew and ran around the room. Luna was resting and so the responsibility fell upon me to watch after the children. Let me tell you, they may look cute and harmless, but you turn your back for one second and they are getting into trouble. And they were only a couple weeks old!

I jumped into the air and caught Starfire as she was about to fly into a wall. "Gotcha!" She giggled as I descended back to the floor. "Stay here while I take care of your brother." I said to her as I placed her in her bouncer. I trotted over to Nightshade and Moonbeam and pulled him off of her. "We don't pull hair." I said sternly to him. He just looked up at me with those big blue eyes and laughed.

"It's not funny, you made your sister cry. See?" I turned to find the spot where Moonbeam was to be vacant. "Where did she go?" I asked out loud, placing Nightshade on my back. I turned around and saw her lifting a cactus over her head with her magic. "Moonbeam, nooo!" I ran over to her and grabbed her out from under the cactus. I wasn't so lucky, as it fell on my head, shattering the pot that it was in.

"Why did we even get a cactus?" I asked myself. I rubbed my head with one hoof and placed Moonbeam on my back with my magic.

"Alright little ones, time for you all to take a nap." I said out loud. I walked over to Starfire, who was actively chewing on one of the toys attached to the bouncer. I picked her up out of the contraption and placed her on my back.

Right when I did so, all three of them simultaneously yawned and then smacked their lips.

Diabetic shock overload!

I smiled and walked out of the play room, turning off the light.

As I walked down the hall, I past maids going about their business, guards patrolling the hallways, and other servants running their errands. I finally made it to my own room and walked in.

When I walked in, I saw Luna lying in bed fast asleep. I chuckled and walked over to her. "Okay kids, get mommy." I whispered as I tilted my left wing down, letting the kids slide down onto the bed. They then all turned and looked up at me. Those big eyes of theirs making me seriously almost squee with delight. I put my hoof over my mouth as to not wake up Luna and pointed at her with the other. They all followed my hoof with their eyes and until they understood and crawled over to her.

I walked to the other side if the bed where she was and gently placed a kiss on her forehead. She slightly stirred but didn't wake up. I looked up at the kids and they stared at me. I signaled them to tickle her by moving my hoofs up and down. I guess they didn't exactly understand, as instead of tickling her, they all pushed her off the bed.

"Ack!" Luna yelped as she fell onto me. She immediately stood up and looked around. "Ahh, we are under attack! Save the children!" She turned around and saw the kids on the bed. "Starfire, Moonbeam, Nightshade. What are you doing here? I thought daddy was watching you."

"E as…" I said, my voice muffled by the fact that Luna was standing on my face.

"Pure Heart! Why are you down there when the children are right here?" She accused.

"I as atchin em, ut- an you get off my ace …"

"Oops sorry." She said, jumping back onto the bed, causing the kids to laugh from the shockwave sent through the mattress.

"Ahh, much better." I said, rubbing my snout.

I looked back at Luna who was patiently waiting for an answer to her question. The kids were all jumping on the bed, giggling and squealing in delight. "Hi."

She raised her eyebrow, "Hi."

"Um, what?"

She sighed, "Never mind." She turned back to look at the kids, still enjoying the thrill of gravity.

"How was your nap?" I asked as I crawled into bed with her, perching my head on hers.

"Great, until I somepony woke me up." She turned her head to look at me.

"Hey don't look at me. I was trying to get them to tickle you, they interpreted it as 'shove mommy off the bed, in turn causing her to fall on daddy and get him in trouble'." I smirked.

She just shook her head, "Whatever."

We laid there for a little bit, enjoying the sight of our kids enjoying themselves.

"How were the kids?"

"Oh, they were great. I taught them to fly a little. Then Starfire began to fly nonstop around the room and nearly broke everything in there. And Moonbeam got a handle on her magic and began to teleport around and levitate objects and such. Finally Nightshade decided it would be a great idea to start pulling everypony's hair."

"Wow, sounds like you had your hoofs full." She giggled.

"You have no idea."

"Well, let us get them settled down." She began to grab each one in her magic and they began to struggle. She brought them all close to her and they quickly began to settle down and snuggle up to her.

"D'awww. So cute." I whispered as they each began to slowly drift off to sleep.

"How do you do that?" I asked as they all started to breath softly confirming that they were asleep.

"Being the goddess of the night has its advantages."

"Wait, wait, wait. You mean you can make other ponies fall asleep at your whim?"

She nodded and then looked out the window, "Oh dear, now it is time for moon to rise and for me to start my shift."

"Hey now, I will take care of tonight, you just spend some time with the kids."

"Okay, be careful." She said, then she raised the moon and I walked out to the balcony and winked at her.

"Aren't I always." I spread my wings and took off.


A little while after I started, I was flying around the Everfree Forest, since it always seemed to be the source of trouble. Though tonight, it was particularly calm.

I flew over a lake and noticed something strange in the water. I flew down and realized that it was a pony. He wasn't moving, so I dove straight in causing a large splash. I grabbed him and started swimming to shore.

I pulled him out and then realized I could of levitated him out with my magic. I facehoofed and then took a better look at this pony that lay before me.

He was black with a silver tail and mane. He still wasn't breathing, but I wasn't actually cpr certified or anything. So I did what I do best. Punch him in the gut.

He woke up and spluttered out a lot of water before actually beginning to breathe.

"Ah! What was that for?" He screamed as he sat straight up. It was then I noticed he had emerald green eyes.

"Sorry, thought you might want to live." I said sarcastically.

He looked at me and screamed, "Holy crap! A talking horse!"

"Seriously, are you serious?" I asked.

"Wait, why do I feel weird?"

"I don't know, but I am guessing you are not from around here."

He looked at me with those green eyes. "What do you mean 'not from around here'?"

"I mean, do you know where you are?"

"Well of course. I'm in... uh." He looked around, "Where are we?"

"Just outside of Everfree Forest."

"Everfree Forest! Wait, do you mean I am in Equestria?"

"Yes, yes you are."

"And you are an alicorn?"

"Well, I'm not just an alicorn. I am also a prince."

"Prince?" He fell on his face.

"Aren't you a prince?" I asked.

He looked up at me. "What are you talking about?"

"Well you are an alicorn, too."

"I am?" He spread out his wings and ran over to the lake to look at himself. "Holy crap! I'm an alicorn. Someone hit me, I must be dreaming."

I walked over to him and hoofed him in the shoulder.

"Ouch!"

"Well I guess you aren't dreaming." I chuckled. "Come on, I think Tia will want to talk to you."

"Tia? You mean Princess Celestia?"

"The one and only. So let's go." My horn began to glow, and we teleported.

PreviousChapters Next