• Published 24th Jun 2012
  • 2,685 Views, 181 Comments

My New Life - Ark125



Sequel to Pony Split. Pure Heart will have many new experiences in his new life.

  • ...
73
 181
 2,685

PreviousChapters Next
School Visit

My New Life

Chapter 42 - School Visit

"Ah, come on Tia. It was just a joke." I said to her the day after the fashion show.

"It may have been, but that does not mean you are off the hook. What you did scared many ponies and now some do not trust you as much."

"So your plan is to send me to a school and make me speak to a class about what I do as a prince? How does that help at all?"

"I consider it community service." She pulled out a pair of reading glasses and held up a scroll. "Now then, your assignment is in Ponyville. You will be going down there tomorrow morning."

"Excuse me, did you say morning?"

"Yes, morning. So you best get some sleep now."

"Fine." I began to walk out of the throne room.

"One more thing." I turned back to her. "Please do not wear that predator suit anymore. It may... Worsen your condition."

"Don't worry about it. I modified it so that it keeps me regulated. But if it makes you feel better, I will only wear it if it becomes necessary."

"Alright, I will trust your judgment. Just be careful. I set up an appointment for you that I want you to go to as well."

She gave me a slip of paper and I read it. I nodded and walked out.


"Sir, we are approaching Ponyville." One of the pegasus guards that pulled the chariot said.

"Thank you. Just land in front of the schoolhouse." I directed. I was a bit nervous. I was never that great at public speaking. Though they were just children, so how bad could it be? Luna was back at the castle since it wasn't, as she called it, her opportunity to spread knowledge.

Vapor Sky came with me, however, and she seemed very excited to see me speak.

We landed right as the school bell rang and saw all of the children file up and walk into the school.

"Guess that is our cue to go inside as well." I said.

"Why are you sweating so much? Are you nervous?" She asked, nudging me.

"Me? Nervous? Pfft. As if. No, I am just really hot in this suit is all."

She gave me a look.

"Okay, fine. Maybe I am just a tiny bit nervous."

"What are you nervous about? They are just kids."

"No, its not that. I love kids. I do not love speaking in public."

"It's barely even in public. Just stick to your script and you will be fine."

I facepalmed.

"You forgot the script, didn't you?"

I twiddled my thumbs. "I didn't forget it. I just never made one."

"You didn't make one?"

"Hey, this was very short notice. I was told about it last night and then I went to bed. When I woke up, it was time to go."

She shook her head. "Well, I guess you will just have to wing it."

"Okay." We walked into the building and sat down in the back.

"Good morning my little ponies." Cheerilee said aloud.

"Good morning Ms. Cheerilee." The class responded in unison.

"Now class, we have a very special guest today. He came all the way from Canterlot and he is going to speak to you today. Please give a warm welcome to Prince Pure Heart."

The class began to clap and I tugged on my collar and slowly walked to the front.

"Thank you everypony. Thank you Ms. Cheerilee." I sat down in a chair at the front. "Alright kids, I have a confession to make. I don't have anything really planned for today. So I will instead make this a question and answer session. Now, then who has a question for me?"

A filly in the back rose her hoof and I picked her.

"What are you?" She asked.

"Good question. I am what is called a human. I was an alicorn, but some things happened that turned me into a human. Next question."

A colt raised his hoof. "What does a prince do during the day?"

"Another good question. Well, I myself attend meetings sometimes during the day and I used to watch over the night."

"What do you do for fun?" A filly asked.

"Sometimes I play games with my kids. Other times I will play with my pet. And I also will listen to or play music."

"Will you play a song for us right now?" Another filly asked.

"Oh no. I couldn't possibly do that."

"Please oh please." The filly asked.

I started to sweat a little. "Um, I would, but I don't have a guitar."

"If you want Prince, you could borrow the class guitar. I think the children would really enjoy it if you did."

I sighed. "Fine, give it here." Cheerilee retrieved the guitar and gave it to me.

I strummed it a couple of times and tuned it. "Alright. This song is by someone from my world named Jason. The song is called '

'."

I tapped my foot a few times to get the beat and began to strum and then after a few chords I sang.

93 million miles from the Sun, people get ready get ready,
'cause here it comes it’s a light, a beautiful light, over the horizon into our eyes
Oh, my my how beautiful, oh my beautiful mother
She told me, "Son in life you’re gonna go far, and if you do it right you’ll love where you are
Just know, that wherever you go, you can always come home"

Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

240 thousand miles from the Moon, we’ve come a long way to belong here,
To share this view of the night, a glorious night, over the horizon is another bright sky
Oh, my my how beautiful, oh my irrefutable father,
He told me, "Son sometimes it may seem dark, but the absence of the light is a necessary part.
Just know, you’re never alone, you can always come back home"

Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

You can always come back…back…

Every road is a slippery slope
There is always a hand that you can hold on to.
Looking deeper through the telescope
You can see that your home’s inside of you.

Just know, that wherever you go, no you’re never alone, you will always get back home

Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

93 million miles from the Sun, people get ready get ready,
'cause here it comes it’s a light, a beautiful light, over the horizon into our eyes…

After the song ended, I looked up and the class began to clap.

"Thank you." I gave the guitar back to Cheerilee and waited for the class to settle down. "Now then, my time is almost up. I will answer a few more questions."

"What is your cutie mark and special talent?"

I rubbed the back of my head. "Heh. Funny thing. I don't have my cutie mark anymore."

The class began to whisper.

"Now before you begin to freak out, let me explain something. You kids have as long as need to find your special talent. When you do eventually find it and get your cutie mark, you will have it forever. It won't change, it won't disappear, it will stay with you for the rest of your lives. I, as a human, don't get a cutie mark."

"Why not?"

I thought for a moment. "Well I guess because we have other things that tell us what are talents are like the clothes that we wear or the houses we live in. They don't really say what we do, but they give a sense of what they do for a living is important. Does any of this make sense?"

The class sort of nodded. "Good. I will take one more question."

A filly rose her hoof. "Where to foals come from?"

I froze. "Um, uh. Ask your parents. Alright, thank you very much for having me and I hope you learned something today."

"Thank you for being our special guest Prince Pure Heart. Let's give him a round of applause class." The kids clapped as I waved and walked out of the building.

"Wow, that last question really threw you through a loop, huh?" Vapor said with smirk.

"Shut up." I whacked the back of her helmet which caused it to fall in her eyes. "I'm just glad its over." I took off my jacket and unbuttoned my shirt. "Whoo, that's much better. It was like a sauna in there."

"It felt fine to me, and I am wearing this heavy armor." She said, readjusting her helmet.

"I am pretty sure it was a million degrees. Its probably just the elevation though."

She gave me a look. "I guess. Well are you ready to go?"

"Actually, I have an errand I have to run while I am down here. You should go and hang out with somepony or something. I might be a while."

She raised her eyebrow. "Alright. See ya later." She walked away slowly.

Man, that was a close one. I better get going.

Author's Note:

A/N: Hey everypony! Not much to say this time around. The song is by Jason Mraz. So thanks for reading and please remember to review or comment.

Bro/Sishoof - Ark125

PreviousChapters Next