• Published 27th Jul 2011
  • 27,808 Views, 658 Comments

Progress - Andrew Joshua Talon

  • ...
41
 658
 27,808

Luna versus Ponyville 3

Progress:

Luna versus Ponyville

Part 3: The Hospital

By Andrew J. Talon

- - - - - - - -

“Oh... Ooh... Where am I?” Luna moaned as she opened her eyes. She stood up on all fours and looked around in confusion. “A forest?”

Indeed, she seemed to be in a lush, tranquil forest. A pair of butterflies flew by. Luna smiled and watched them as they settled on the sparkling mane of...

Big Mac.

“Luna,” Big Mac said as his skin sparkled brilliantly in the sunlight. “Ah’m afraid ah’ve got the skin of a monster.”

“Uh... No, no it isn’t,” Luna said, confused.

“That would be my skin,” cackled Nightmare Moon as she emerged, her blue mane flowing like magical fire. She smirked at Big Mac as Luna looked between them in confusion. “You know what that means.”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac nodded.

“What? What does it mean?” Luna asked quickly. Her eyes widened as Big Mac and Nightmare Moon held up apples, the latter with a perverted grin. “NO! NOOOOOOO!”

She turned and galloped for her life, right up into a door standing in midair. “OOF!” She opened it, and slammed the door shut behind her. She held her body against it, panting for breath as she tried to catch it. She looked around. She was apparently in a dark bedroom. A dark, familiar bed room.

“Mmmm... Oh my...”

“Huh?!” Luna gasped. She looked over at the bed. The lights switched on. In the bed was a relaxed looking Celestia and...

“Abacus! How could you?!” Luna cried. Her abacus was dressed in a red smoking jacket and had a cigarette stuck between two beads.

“Let’s face it Luna, you were gone sooo long,” Celestia said with a smile as she hugged Abacus. “But we’ll invite you to the wedding. We intend to do a lot of multiplication anyway~.” Celestia then smiled at her.

“Now you’re a Parasprite.”

“Prrip?” Luna asked as she buzzed around.

- - - - - - - - -

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

“Luna! Hey, Luna? LUNA!”

She was being shaken, and from this Luna opened her eyes. Big Mac and Applejack were both standing over her, looking concerned.

“Nice toolchest,” she mumbled as she regained her bearings. Big Mac stared in confusion while Applejack blushed.

“What is she talking about?”

“Nothin’! Nothing! Anyway, hope you don’t mind we brought ya to the clinic,” Applejack said. Luna blinked and sat up, looking around. It was a simple but clean and well stocked clinic. A nurse pony trotted up to them, with a clipboard held in her hoof. She looked over at them with a smile.

“Miss Selene, you check out just fine,” the nurse pony said. Applejack nodded.

“All right, that’s good, what about Pinkie Pie?” Applejack asked.

“Pinkie Pie?” Luna asked. The nurse trotted over to a bed surrounded by curtains. Applejack, Big Mac and Luna followed, the last feeling incredible trepidation.

Oh no... No, she was just fine when I left...! I was sure of it!

Sure, she’d fled at supersonic speeds but Pinkie Pie hadn’t been caught up in anything... Had she?

The curtain was drawn aside, and Pinkie Pie lied in the bed covered in bandages and cast, her once life filled eyes now dull.

“She doesn’t have long, I’m so sorry,” the nurse said.

“No! Nooo! She was so young and pink!” Sobbed Applejack.

“There there Applejack,” Big Mac said, patting his sister on the shoulder. “She’s lived a fulfilling life.”

Twilight Sparkle blew her nose loudly as that purple-maned pony sobbed.

“Oh why, oh whyyy?” Rarity (right, that was her name) cried out. Twilight sniffled.

“I’m so sorry Pinkie Pie... I’ll never forget you!”

“Nooooo!” Rainbow Dash, the greatest flyer in Equestria, wrapped her hooves around Pinkie Pie and shook her. “Nooo! You can’t leave me alone! What about...” She sobbed dramatically but wiped her eyes, “what about our future?! Our dreams and hopes?! Our... Our child!”

“Wait, you have a child?” Twilight asked.

“We were going to adopt, you got a problem with that?!” Rainbow Dash snarled. Twilight raised her hooves.

“N-No! No! No problem!”

“We’re not gay if that’s what you’re thinking! I’M NOT GAY! I’LL DO EVERY COLT IN EQUESTRIA IF I HAVE TO PROVE IT!”

“Rainbow Dash, sugah, yer makin’ her die faster,” Applejack pointed out.

“Ah, Miss Selene? Miss Selene?” The nurse inquired.

“Don’t mind her none, she does this a lot,” Applejack said.

“Eeyup,” Big Mac contributed.

“Ah! Uh... Yes? Is Pinkie Pie all right?” Luna asked, shaken out of her daydream. The nurse pony pulled the curtain aside, revealing a Pinkie Pie who was rapidly eating through a pie. She grinned a great big cherry red smile at them.

“Just fine! Thanks for asking Selene!” She wiped her face off... With her tongue. Which was more than a little disgusting but Luna's relief overcame her queasiness.

“So, just what in tarnation happened Pinkie Pie? Yer house looks like a twister hit it!” Applejack said. Pinkie glanced at Luna. Luna glanced back. Pinkie Pie smiled.

“I put too much baking soda into my cup cakes. And they exploded.”

“Baking soda, huh?” Applejack asked flatly. Pinkie Pie nodded.

“Yep! Baking soda.”

“Ah, actually-” Luna began, but Pinkie Pie interrupted.

Baking. Soda,” Pinkie Pie insisted. At the looks from Applejack and Big Mac, Luna slowly nodded.

“Right...”

“Anyway, if I’m all right can I do please? I have so much party preparation to do!” Pinkie Pie insisted happily. The nurse pony sighed and nodded.

“Sure... Just please try not to use that much baking soda again, will you?”

“Of course!” Pinkie Pie said happily. “Hey Applejack, I could really use your help baking today, since my house kind of blew up.”

Applejack looked suspiciously between Pinkie Pie and Luna, but slowly nodded. “Sure...”

“Great! I’ll see you there!” Pinkie Pie said. “Better get a headstart!”

Applejack nodded. She looked over at Luna. “Ah’ll see ya around, Miss Selene,” she said. Luna nodded.

“Of course... Goodbye.”

Applejack and her brother trotted off. Big Mac wore a little smile that he shared with Luna, who blushed furiously. Once they were gone, and the nurse pony had headed off, Pinkie Pie jumped out of the bed.

“Well, I need to go!” Pinkie Pie said cheerfully.

“Ah, wait Pinkie Pie!” Luna said. “I just wanted to say I’m very, very sorry about what happened.”

“Oh, don’t worry about it,” Pinkie Pie said cheerfully. “Mr. and Mrs. Cake are insured against acts of goddesses, and they’ve wanted to expand their shop anyway, so it all works out right?”

Luna nodded. “R-Right...”

“Besides, everypony’s seen that stupid movie and been acting a little weird around me,” Pinkie Pie said dismissively, a little too quickly. “It’s nothing new.”

Luna smiled and nuzzled Pinkie Pie’s cheek. The pink pony started a bit, a little surprised.

“I know what it is to be regarded... Differently after something out of your control happens,” Luna said. Pinkie Pie blinked a few times, then cocked her head in thought. Luna blinked back.

“... You know... When I was Nightmare Moon?” Luna pressed.

“Ohhh! Oh! Right!” Pinkie Pie nodded. Luna stared in no small amount of incredulity.

“You forgot that?”

“No, I just didn’t think about it,” Pinkie Pie said. “But you know, if you’re still hung up over it-”

“Wha? I’m not hung up over it! I’m not! I’m not thinking about it or worried over it and she doesn’t appear in my dreams!” Luna said quickly.

It was Pinkie Pie’s turn to stare. Luna sighed and kicked her hooves against the ground.

“Okay... Maybe I still need some closure,” she admitted.

“Oh! Okay! In that case, why don’t you go talk to Rainbow Dash now?” Pinkie Pie suggested. “She should be home at this time, you can go see her and talk or whatever else you need to do!”

Luna smiled at her. “Thank you Pinkie Pie. Can you tell me where I could find her?”

“Simple! That cloud house up there,” Pinkie Pie said, pointing her hoof at the structure above. Luna frowned.

“Um...”

“What’s the matter?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“I’m try to keep my identity secret,” Luna murmured, “remember?”

“Oh... Well then, I have just the thing to get you up there!” Pinkie Pie said cheerfully.

“Oh? What?” Luna asked.

- - - - - - - -

A few minutes later, a brightly colored contraption, now powered by two ponies, ascended into the sky and flew on for the cloud house above.

“WHEEEE!” Pinkie Pie laughed as she pedalled furiously. “This is even better with two ponies!”

Smiling brightly, Luna had to agree. “Yes!”

- - - - - - -

To be continued...