• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 3,276 Views, 202 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Edge of Time - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane, Twilight Sparkle and their friends and family join forces with Spider-Mane 2099 to stop Walker Sloan.

  • ...
30
 202
 3,276

Cloning Blues

"Hm... So it seems the Spiders have arrived here. Most likely to find out where I'm at..." said a green figure, sitting on his chair, monitors keeping track of what's happening in Canterlot. "And they managed to have my greatest clones on their side." he scoffed.

"It doesn't matter if they betrayed me... I have a few tricks up my sleeve, anyhow." he turned his chair, facing the four creations standing before him. Three of them wore dark clothing fit for ponies, while the other towered over them, and it roared, its tentacles flailing about. "You three ponies... You will distract Spider-Mane and his friends while I finish repairs on a certain foe of the future Spiders!"

The ponies nodded, understanding their orders and ran off. He faced his other creation, "You will stay behind until the time is right." he told it, the white creature roared again. "I cannot have you loose just yet..." he laughed.


"Hm... I can make it work." Discord chuckled.

Sloan nodded, "You can. It's made up of my DNA, a duplicate of Serena's tentacles and a small trace of the symbiote. It's power is unparallel compared to his other creations."

"I thought it looked familiar." Carnage said.

Serena spoke, "Yes. When he decides to unleash it, you can enhance its abilities."

Discord laughed, "Oh, this will be so much fun! Let's see if Spider-Man and his friends can expect what's about to go down!"

Norman snarled, "Knowing him, he'd find a way to foil your plans."

"Oh, I very much doubt it this time." Sloan bragged.


"Woah. There's a statue?" Peter asked, seeing the monument built in honor of the five heroes who saved Equestria. "That's amazing! What else happened since I was gone?"

"We've been rebuilding Equestrian society for ten years, Peter. We learned that Twilight Arms can help raise the Sun and Moon." Future Sweetie explained, "So Pinkamena and I have taken Celestia and Luna's place."

"So, does that make you princesses or something?" Miguel wondered.

Pinkamena let out a dry chuckle, "I guess it does. It took some getting used to, but we're getting the hang of it."

"Good to know." Ben replied. "So, can I try it on?" he asked.

"Last thing we need is for you or Parker to get a hold of those. You'd make it a week in thirty seconds." Kaine mumbled to his brother.

"Hey, I can make it 2099 before we know it." Peter chuckled.

"Celestia forbid. Prince Ben and Prince Peter in charge of raising the Sun and Moon. There is no cycle of time with them." Future Sweetie chuckled at the idea.

O'Hara sighed, "Last thing I need is you two screwing up time more than it already shocking is."

"Would time even be affected?" Ben questioned.

Kaine exhaled, "Considering who we are. The universe will find a way."

"That's the Parker Luck, chuck." Peter laughed.

Pinkamena shook her head with a smile, "That's always your excuse."

"It's true." huffed Spider-Mane.

"Anyway, since we're getting way off topic..." Miguel began, "You've never heard of someone named Miles Warren? Or any suspicious characters recently?"

"Sorry Miguel, but we've been focusing on our duties, and even then the thing we're worrying about right now is a priority as well." Sweetie answered.

"What's wrong?" asked Ben.

Pinkamena decided to talk, "It's something strange. We've been getting reports of a pony dressed in a strange dark costume, a mask, and a cape wandering around Neo Canterlot during the past few days."

"Batman!?" Peter wondered in disbelief, a smile on his face.

Miguel slammed his hooves to his own face, "Parker... Why the shock would Batman be here? In this jam alternate timeline we never knew existed?!"

"Jam...?" whispered the pink mare in disbelief.

"Because he's Batman! He'd find a way!" Peter replied. "Man, it'd be great if he came here. I wanna see the look on his face when he finds out he's a pony..."

"That'd be fun." Ben admitted.

"Anyway..." grumbled Pinkamena, "We've also been getting conflicting reports. Some say they were a pegasus, others claimed it was a unicorn they spotted, while we've also been told that they were just an ordinary earth pony."

"Sounds odd." Peter nodded, "We'll help you in anyway. It could be a clue to Warren's whereabouts."

"We might as well." Ben replied.

"Grr... Fine. Let's just hope that this brings us closer to stopping the Professor." Kaine grumbled.

"Alright. That does seem suspicious." Miguel said.

"Thank you all." said Future Sweetie.

As they conversed, Peter's Spider-Sense began to tingle, 'Something's coming. Right behind me...' he thought. In a split-second, he shoved his clones and Future Sweetie out of the way in time as a beam of magic appeared out of nowhere.

"What the hell was that?" asked Kaine. The First Spider looked up to see a dark-clothed unicorn standing on the rooftops. Pinkamena gritted her teeth at the sight.

"It can't be... Mare-Do-Well?" she questioned.

"Mare-Do-Well? Who the shock is that?" Spider-Mane 2099 asked.

"The Mare-Do-Well was an identity Twilight, Applejack, and I created to help teach Rainbow Dash a lesson in humility before Parker was summoned." the pink mare explained. "All three of us wore the costume."

"I think you mentioned that to me once." added Peter.

"Then that would explain the conflicting reports." said Scarlet Spidershooting a strand of webbing at the building, the three Spiders mirroring his actions. "There's probably more than one running around the city."

Pinkamena hopped to the roof while Sweetie teleported, the unicorn Mare-Do-Well already starting to make a getaway. "That makes sense. But we'll see if this one could lead us to the others." said Sweetie, watching the Spiders flip and land.

"It's like Black Cat all over again." huffed Peter, being the first to jump to the next roof with Ben next to him. His Spider-Sense went off again, and he ducked, avoiding a blow from a pegasus aiming for him. "Guess we don't have to worry about finding the others." he said.

The pegasus Mare-Do-Well took to the skies again, aiming themselves at Kaine, who grabbed the flying pony with his hooves right as they came down, and he slammed them on the ground. Pinkamena stepped on the mysterious pony as the First Spider spoke, "Alright, asshole. Who sent you?"

"As if I'd talk without a fight!" said the pegasus Mre-Do-Well in a scratchy female voice.

"That voice..." Pinkamena recognized the sound. Before her mind could dwell she was kicked by the pegasus mare, knocking her off her feet.

"Scarlet Spider and I will find the unicorn. You and First Spider can handle the pegasus. Spider-Mane 2099 and Sweetie can go find the last Mare-Do-Well." Peter suggested, him and Ben going off to follow the costumed unicorn.

Pinkamena smirked, "Really? Who gave you guys those names?"

"Parker. But you approved." Kaine said with a chuckle, punching the pegasus with a right hook.

"I was a different mare at that time." sighed the pink pony, shoving the winged pony down on the ground.

While that was happening, Spider-Mane 2099 turned his head and spotted another Mare-Do-Well across from them, this one without wings or a horn. "You heard Parker! Let's get them!" he said, flapping his wings as he took off.

Future Sweetie nodded, hopping from her spot to the next roof. Miguel hovered above the two. He scowled under his mask as he dived, but he missed catching the pony as they jumped. Sweetie teleported to the next roof, but still ended up behind them. O'Hara got a running start as he landed and then jumped, shooting a line of webbing from his hoof, the web touching the pony's backhoof. He yanked and forced them to trip as they ran.

"Alright, pal. Who the shock are you and who sent you?"

"Mah master doesn't want ya to figure that out just yet!" the earth pony Mare-Do-Well hissed.

"You sound just like..." Sweetie started to say.

"Well, let's see for ourselves." Miguel said, yanking off the mask. His eyes widened at the pony underneath. "Son of a glitch... It can't be..." he whispered.

The earth pony was none other than a certain farmer pony with a short blonde mane. Sweetie noticed that she looked the same as she did the day she died. "Applejack?! How is that even possible!?" she asked. "She died! You saw it!"

"Warren. He's able to create clones. He probably found a way to find their DNA and clone them to work for him." O'Hara explained briefly, punching Future Applejack unconscious as she attempted to fight back. Sweetie Belle used her magic to lift up her body.

"Let's take her back to the castle." said Sweetie.


Meanwhile, the pegasus Mare-Do-Well flew up, planning to grab First Spider and finish the attack she started. Kaine saw the attack coming and ducked, allowing Pinkamena to punch the flying mare with hoof she wore Twilight Arms with.

The pegasus got her bearings and tried to tackle Pinkamena, the pink pony countered with a kick-flip to the jaw. The Mare-Do-Well landed on her back. "Nice save." complimented Kaine.

"Thanks. Now let's see who's behind the mask. I heard the voice, but I find it hard to believe that it's-" Pinkamena's words died in her mouth as she removed the mask. The culprit was a familar cyan mare with a rainbow mane, who hadn't aged a day.

"Rainbow Dash?" the pink mare wondered.

"Damn it! Warren did this. He's doing to mess with our minds!" First Spider declared.

"Heh. He knew you'd be here!" Rainbow spat.

"This isn't you, Rainbow! Even if you are a clone!" Pinkamena pleaded, "Come back to us!"

"I'd never listen to anyone but my Master!" Rainbow declared, before she could rattle on, Kaine punched her hard in the face.

Pinkamena glared at him, "Was that really necessary?" she asked.

First Spider shrugged nonchalantly, "We'll work it out back at the castle. If Warren did this, then I have a hunch that he brought back two more of your dead friends as bait. Let's see when Parker or Sweetie arrive." he ordered, grabbing the pegasus. "We have a chance to save her, like O'Hara and Parker did for me."

The pink pony sighed, "Let's hope you're right."


Scarlet Spider shot another line of webbing, pushing himself forward faster. "I gotta ask, bro. Is stuff like this common?"

"Not really. In my timeline anyway. I'm usually around for diplomatic purposes or the occasional rogue Equestrian, or when Glacius needs to be fed." Spider-Mane answered.

"Glacius? Is he another pet?" Ben wondered.

Peter chuckled at that, "No. He's a yeti that usually comes out during the winter. Recently, after an incident that nearly killed Trixie, I decided to help feed him so that he won't have to go rampaging." he explained to his clone brother.

"Good call." Ben noted. The two Spiders continued their chase for thr mysterious unicorn that got their attention. "I got this!" said Scarlet Spider, jumping in the air and shooting a ball of webbing at the unicorn, stopping them in their tracks.

Peter managed to catch up, tackling the unicorn easily. The Mare-Do-Well struggled in his grasp as he released. Scarlet Spider caught their hooves in thick webbing, making them unable to move. "Alright, pal. I've solved the mystery and I'm betting you're Old Man Jenkins."

"I thought is was Red Herring." Ben joked.

"Huh. So you have some memories of what I watched. Good to know. At least you'll get my references." laughed Spider-Mane. "Now, for real..." he said.

"Always with the jokes, Parker... Why are you so annoying...?" the unicorn wondered.

"Oh my God... It can't be you..."

Ben yanked off the mask, revealing a blue unicorn with a silver mane. "Trixie!?" Spider-Mane asked, his eyes widening.

"It's about time you figured it out you idiot." Trixie huffed.

"The Professor. She's a clone, Peter." Ben tried to ease Spidey's mind.

"Good. I'm glad to be away from that creep." Trixie said.

"Y-You mean... You still have your memories?" Spider-Mane mumbled quietly. "You're alright!" he wrapped his adopted sister in a hug, to which the mare reciprocated. "I'm so sorry..." he whispered, removing his mask and wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Good to know that you'd miss me." Trixie smirked. "I can't say the same for the others though... It'll take more convincing to get their minds on track."

"What are you talking about?"

Trixie closed her eyes, "You'll see. Who's the new guy?"

Peter smiled softly, "That's right. You never met him in this timeline. Trixie, meet Ben Reilly. My clone brother."

Future Trixie nodded, "More Spiders. Just what I needed. How's younger me taking it?"

"Very well, honestly." Peter admitted.

"Nice to meet you again." Ben said, "I know of what happened... I'm glad that we were able to get you on our side, like Parker did for me and my brother."

"You also have a brother?" Trixie wondered. "And yes, he removed the Alicorn Amulet from me... But thanks to that Warren nutcase, I somehow managed to retain my memories as well as my body. I may not be the original, but I want to make the amends she would have made, but the other two may be more stubborn than I am at this. Which is saying something."

"We'll help you." said Peter. "Let's meet up with the others at the Royal Castle."


"Sweet Celestia..." Sweetie muttered, "Rainbow Dash as well?"

"Warren's gone too far." Kaine grumbled.

"That's it. We gotta get answers as soon as Parker gets back." Miguel declared.

"You'll get those sooner than expected."

Pinkamena and Sweetie looked at the door, seeing Peter and Ben, as well as another familiar face. A ghost from their past. "T-Trixie...?" Pinkamena whispered.

"That's right, Pinkie. Warren brought me back as well, but unlike those two, I retained my memories from the start. Probably a side effect of the amulet when I died." the unicorn explained.

"Woah! Holy crap! Rainbow Dash and Applejack!? He's asking for a world of hurt by doing this to us!" Spider-Mane grunted.

Rainbow slurred, as did Applejack. The two tried to move, but noticed they were stuck in webbing. "Hey! Let us out!" she ordered. First Spider shook his head.

"Sorry, but we're not doing that. We know you work for the Professor. You can change your ways right now."

"Why on Equestria would we do that? He's the only thing we have." Applejack said.

Ben spoke, "Not true. Dig deep. Remember who you are! You're heroes! Not slaves! You spent two-and-a-half decades just to prove that!"

"Nah!" Rainbow replied.

Peter smirked, "Is Rainbow Dash giving up on a challenge?"

"Hey!" shouted Rainbow, "I'd never--" she cut herself off, memories flooding back into her mind. "Wait... I'm not a bad guy!" she turned her head, "Applejack! They're right! We're better than this!"

"Don't tell me ya believe this crap!" Applejack huffed.

Rainbow broke out of the webbing, "The Applejack I know would never be somepony's puppet! Snap out of it! You're a clone, but you share her memories! The Element of Honesty should know that!"

"Listen, AJ. We don't have time for these clone memory games. You're one of Equestria's liberators. We've seen it ourselves." Scarlet Spider ordered.

"Ha! As if--" Applejack paused, strange thoughts appeared in her head, familiar flashes popped into her brain. "Oh mah Celestia. Yer right... We're nothin' like the Professor said." she realized.

"Welcome back, you guys." Peter greeted. "So, what do you guys know that could help us?"

Rainbow inhaled sharply, "Warren's got somethin' planned. He's building a robot. Something that the future Spider-Man's fought before. And he's got something ugly waiting for you."

"Can you tell us?" First Spider wondered.

"W-We don't even have a name fer it. It's too hideous to describe." Applejack elaborated. "We just know that the robot is almost ready."

"Then its settled. We'll all stop what he has planned." Sweetie ordered, "Together."

"And I can finally redeem myself." Trixie smiled. "I'll stand by your sides for this battle."

"We'll get him to tell us where Sloan's at! Then we can get that glitch and Doc Ock and end this jam scheme for good!" Spider-Mane 2099 yelled out with determination.


"It's about time I finished." the green figure wiped the sweat off him. "You're objective is simple."

"Yes, I know." the purple winged robot said. "I'm going to kill the Spider-Men."

The figure smirked, "Excellent."

"No one will expect the Hobgoblin to return!"