• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 3,274 Views, 202 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Edge of Time - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane, Twilight Sparkle and their friends and family join forces with Spider-Mane 2099 to stop Walker Sloan.

  • ...
30
 202
 3,274

Rifts All Around

"It's all in the wings, Miguel."

Miguel got into a stance, trying his best to unfurl his wings. Rainbow Dash, by Peter's suggestion, was trying her best to teach O'Hara how to properly use his newfound wings. He decided to wear his costume for this wanting to see if it would allow him to fly.

"I have no shocking idea what that means!" O'Hara replied, annoyed by the rainbow-maned pegasus's advice. Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes in aggravation.

Peter laughed, "Keep doing it, Skittles. He's really learning." he joked, getting some amusement out of Miguel's cluelessness. "Just keep doin' what you're doing, O'Hara, you'll get it soon enough." he dug his hooves into the bag of popcorn he brought with him once more, continuing to watch his successor struggle.

"I'm so glad you find this funny, Parker!" Miguel snapped.

Rainbow groaned, "What I'm saying is to not focus too hard on your wings, let them naturally go."

"See, now that's helpful!" Peter and Miguel shouted at the same time.

O'Hara bent down slightly once more, feeling something flap on his back. The wind blew in the opposite directions of his body. "Hey... I'm doing it!" he said with unfamiliar enthusiam, well to Peter anyway.

"Great! Now we just gotta get ya airborne!" Dash cheered.

Miguel looked upward, focusing on the desire to reach the sky. He felt his hooves leaving the ground, hearing the sound of his wings move on his back. Rainbow Dash hovered by his side, ensuring that he was safe in case he fell.

"Not bad, O'Hara!" Peter cheered on, pointing at the cyan pegasus, "I told ya Dash was a good flight teacher! See? I was right! Admit it!"

Miguel spoke back, "I'm not admitting anything just to prove you right, Parker! So for now, just stick with what ya have!"

"Huh. Didn't know there was a funny bone left in you, O'Hara." Peter quipped back to his successor. Miguel managed to ascend higher than before with Rainbow Dash tailing right behind him.

"Whatever Madame Web did must still be here, or maybe your lame sense of humor is contagious." Miguel teased, getting a snicker from Rainbow Dash.

"He's not wrong, Peter." Dash told the stallion, holding back her laughter as much as she could.

Peter crossed his hooves, huffing and with a pout formed on his face, "Still, I'm way funnier than you." he said, pretending to be childish. Miguel looked down at him from his spot.

"Hey, you can keep that title, Parker." Miguel told him, "I mean I'm supposed to be the reasonable Spider-Man, while you're the one that doesn't know when to quit." he reminded his predecessor sternly. "I mean you're a legend in my time for a reason, after all."

Peter stood back on his fours, moving his head so that he could look at Miguel, "Actually, in Equestria, the name's Spider-Mane, Pinkie gave it to me. It was a way to hide my true origins from the ponies until they found out, but at that point the name just kinda stuck."

"So, Miguel should get his own superhero name?" Dash suggested.

"Exactly, I was thinking, Spider-Mane 2099. So that way, we could tell each other apart." Peter offered. Underneath his blue mask, Peter could tell that Miguel was frowning, and was ready for a declining answer from the time-traveller. O'Hara descended, landing back on his hooves to the best of his ability.

"Shock no, Parker. I'm not using that name." O'Hara denied in almost an instant.

Raising his hooves, Peter shook his head, "Alright, but everypony in this world's probably gonna give to you anyway." he told the future pegasus, smirking while he did so. "So, unless you want Pinkie to bug you about it, then it's best to just get it over with."

"Jam it... Fine, but only while we're here. If you so much as tell the other Spider-Men about this..." Miguel started to threaten before Peter cut him off.

"Calm down, O'Hara. Heck, we're gonna get enough of a field day from Spider-Ham as it is. If we ever meet him again. So far, you're the first alternate Spider-Man I've seen since before I was warped to Equestria." Peter replied in a calm tone.

"Son of a glitch..." grunted Miguel.

Peter and Dash stood next to O'Hara, a silence broken by Peter speaking once more, "Now how about we take you to Sugarcube Corner, I think we could use a bite to eat to celebrate you flying for the first time."

"I don't need to-" Miguel's words were cut off by a loud rumbling sound coming from his gut. Peter and Rainbow Dash looked at him, Peter giving his successor a dull look.

"You were saying...?" Dash asked in a snarky tone.


Pinkie Pie tossed a tray of cupcakes in the direction of Miguel's table, the Spider-Man from the future watching it slide down until it stopped right in front of him. "It's been a while since I had something like this. Looks like something my brother Gabriel would make." he joked, removing his mask a little so his mouth was exposed, before grabbing a cupcake and taking a bite out of it.

"So, what do you think?" Pinkie and Peter asked.

Miguel continued to chew until a large swallowing sound was heard, "Well, these are actually pretty good..." he admitted to the pink party pony, who smiled in glee.

"Told ya." Peter said.

"I knew you'd like them, Miguel!" Pinkie shouted, hugging Miguel tightly to the point where he started to lose breath. Peter watched, holding back his laughter as much as he could. Miguel tapped the pink pony's wrapped hooves, gesturing for her to let go. Pinkie did so, and O'Hara inhaled, getting his breath back.

"I always knew you were big softie, O'Hara." Peter joked.

"Shut up, Parker." Miguel retorted.

Pinkie clasped her hooves together, "Now we just gotta have you try all of the cupcakes!" as she finished saying this, a large pile of assorted cakes and treats popped into place, dragged by Pinkie herself, almost out of thin air. Miguel removed his mask, trying to comprehend what he just witnessed.

"Uh, Parker... What just happened?"

Shrugging, Peter grabbed one of the many delictable treats from the table and bit into it, enjoying the taste. "We have a saying for something like this; it's Pinkie being Pinkie," he told his successor with a smile, who started eating more as well. "She's a fun person to be around, even if you don't know her. She's just that nice."

"Y'know. This world's actually kind of peaceful, unlike Earth. I kinda wish I was here on better terms." Miguel noticed. He sighed, "Now Alchemax has the potential to ruin this world as it did mine... Or will if I don't do anything soon."

Peter put a hoof on O'Hara's shoulders. "We'll find him, O'Hara. In fact I'm having Twilight and Trixie use a spell that would allow them to sense Chronal energy based on my notes and research from my... Failed experiment." he paused before saying the last two words, trailing off. Miguel noticed this.

"Hey, Peter? You alright? Everytime you mention that experiment of yours, you get emotional. Well, more emotional than usual." Miguel tried to comfort, but Peter shook it off.

"I-It's fine, Miguel. I told you yesterday, there's nothing to worry about," Peter replied, almost a little to quickly for O'Hara's liking. "Anyway, if we find any residue energy, then that would give us a clue to Sloan's whereabouts and we can track him down." he added, clearing his throat as well.

"Good. We should probably head back to your home to aee if they found anything." Miguel noted his predecessor, who nodded in agreement. They used their powers to grab as many treats as they could on the way, waving to Pinkie as they did so.


"Amazing..." Twilight muttered, the alicorn telling Trixie and Spike to note down the location of where she sensed the energy. Spike held a notepad with details to the best of Twlight's ability of where she tracked the Chronal energy.

"Did you find more, Mommy?" Mayday asked, holding up Peter's research.

"Yes, sweetie. You reading daddy's notes are really helping." Twilight told her daughter.

"What did Peter do, anyway?" Spike asked.

"Remember that spell I used to warn my past self to not worry about the future, thinking that Equestria was going to end?" the princess asked Spike, who nodded. "Well, Peter wanted to find a way to use that energy and store it in a crystal, but it seemed to dangerous. So, I asked him if he could stop before something could go wrong."

"Did something go wrong?" Trixie asked, concerned for her roomate's wellbeing.

"Yes... But I promised Peter that I wouldn't say what happened before he does." Twilight said, focusing back on the tracking spell for the Chronal energy. "Okay, honey?" she asked her daughter, ensuring that she won't budge.

"Okay, Mommy."

The four heard the sound of a door opening, "Honey, we're home!" Peter shouted. Twilight could hear Miguel say something next to him, but remained still. Peter and Miguel trotted into the room, where the four performed their experiment. "Any luck, you two?" he asked the alicorn and unicorn.

"Yes, actually. Spike, can you give Peter and Miguel the locations we found so far?" Twilight politely asked, the dragon handed Peter the small book, in it were approximate locations of where Twilight and Trixie detected the rifts.

"Nice. We should suit up, Miguel. Let's head to the rift nearby Zecora's hut in the Everfree Forest," Peter told his friend. "For now, the rest of you can stay behind just in case Sloan's gotten a head start." he spoke to his family.


"Such an embarassing form..." Sloan groaned, he was now an older blue unicorn wearing a lab coat. 'I have been stuck in this form for two days. It seems my Chronal tracker has found something within this world already... It's pointing me north in this forest.' Walker thought to himself. 'I assume that Tarantula creature I was given distracted Spider-Man long enough since he has yet to find me.' he added in his mind.

'My... Unique biology has given me an appendage on the top of my head.' he reminded himself about his horn, 'It seems that I am able to harness some form of potential energy within this world to perform various types of effects. I shall test it on the Quantum rift once I find it. Which according to my tracker should be right...'

"Here."

Sloan focused the energy into his horn, feeling power surge through it. A light blue beam shot out of it, a small vortex opened up in the middle of the forest. "Perhaps I can use this to send who I please." he wondered, focusing hard again to shoot the vortex. Soon, a woman fell out of the rift.

The woman landed on the ground, trying her best to get up. "Who did that!?" she shouted in confusion.

"Ah, Miss Serena Patel. Once the head of the Alchemax Dark Matter Research Department, now a lowly crook as the generation's Doctor Octopus." Sloan greeted.

The woman morphed into a yellow earth pony. Her goggles somehow managing to fit over her eyes, and her harness that held her hologram tentacle arms remained in her back. The suit was not able to fit her anymore, but she didn't realize this quite yet.,

"You dare mock me?" Serena shouted. "I nearly brought Nueva York and the world to my knees!"

"And look where that got you."

"I'll have you know-" the mare paused, "Where are we? And why am I a colored equine?" she finally asked, observing her surroundings and getting a closer look at Sloan and herself.

"I knew you would ask that. I am Walker Sloan, head of the Time Lab in Alchemax. I have a plan to restore Alchemax to its glory as the dominating corporation in 2099. But there is one problem, a problem that I could use your help in and that is..." Walker revealed.

"Spider-Man..." Serena finished the sentence.

Sloan nodded, "Exactly. You nearly brought him to his knees last time. I need time to harness enough Chronal energy in this dimension in order to make a safe trip to the past and power the Gateway permanently for my use."

"Yes... I think I could lend a few hands..." Patel replied, moving her holographic arms around and morphing her suit to fit her new body. "I have been working on something for an old foe of Spider-Man's brought back for revenge. I shall send him here as soon as I can." she added.

"I do seem to recall how you were involved in the ordeal with the strange fragments."

"Yes... But Spider-Man got in my way." Serena growled.

"Do not fret about Spider-Man. He's probably lost in this world. With no clue how to use even his own body. Whoever you send shall bring him down for good."