• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 3,274 Views, 202 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Edge of Time - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane, Twilight Sparkle and their friends and family join forces with Spider-Mane 2099 to stop Walker Sloan.

  • ...
30
 202
 3,274

First Flight

"How the shock do pegasi do this?" Miguel asked, trying his best to get used to his new wings for flight. Since Ponyville was short on skyscrapers, the Spider-Men had to use their natural abilities to make their way around the town. Spider-Mane used what buildings he had to swing, not wanting to use the Spider-Mobile for the time. While Spider-Mane 2099 flew using his wings, though that proved difficult for the future Spider-Mane, as he constantly felt himself losing feeling in his back.

"It's like Skittles said earlier, it's all in the wings!" Spider-Mane answered in a joking manner. "I mean, as least you can use your wings. My horn has been useless ever since Luna brought me back from the dead." the unicorn sighed, "Heck, even when I was able to use my horn, I was still never able to use it for anything. Before I made these web-shooters, I attempted to shoot webs through my horn. It's as dirty as an innuendo in a children's cartoon world can be."

"I guess so, but it's gonna take me a while to get used to this whole 'I'm a pegasus' thing." Spider-Mane 2099 said to his predecessor, who answered back.

"I hear ya, believe me, being a unicorn was just as a surprise for me, dude. In fact it pretty much happened the same was as you found out. Pretty funny if you think about it." Spider-Mane replied to Spider-Mane 2099. "So, I can pretty much relate."

Spider-Mane 2099 ascended a little higher, getting used to his wings. "That's good, I guess. Least I'm not alone in all of this. Still though, the other Spider-Men are just gonna love hearing about this." he said in a playful manner.

"I said that as well when I got here. In fact, there may be some cruel god playing a twisted game with us for making fun of Spider-Ham. So maybe their karma's due soon." said Spider-Mane, hopping off the side of a small building, landing on another one and repeating the actions, using his webs to guide him.

Nearing the forest, Spider-Mane hopped to the ground while Spider-Mane 2099 decided to use his feet. "Alright, O'Hara. The Everfree Forest can be a dangerous place. We don't know what could be lying in here for us. Or maybe for you since you just got here. Seriously, nearly everytime I walk in here there's always some kind of new monster wanting to eat me or something."

"That's welcoming..." Spider-Mane 2099 grunted.

"Hey!"

Spider-Mane and Spider-Mane 2099 heard the voice coming from above them. Rainbow Dash looked down at them from a cloud she was napping on. "So, the two of you are going on an adventure and didn't invite me?" the pegasus questioned. "Especially if you're going into... That." she pointed behind her. "C'mon, I thought you knew me, Pete!" Dash pretended to be offended.

"I said that we were going to check the rift, not go an adventure." Spider-Mane said. "We'll be back in no time at all!" he assured, trying his best to make sure she doesn't go with them. 'Last thing I need is for Sloan to figure out that he's nearby a town. If he's here that is. Gotta give him the element of surprise.'

Rainbow Dash groaned, "Oh, just this once!" she pleaded, "It's been a while since the two of us hung out!"

"This is your way of 'hanging out'?" Spider-Mane 2099 inquired "Going to Thor knows where and fighting for your life?"

"She's very adventurous, O'Hara. When we first met she got jealous of me and woke up a dragon just to prove she's a better hero. Remember that, Dash?" Spider-Mane asked Rainbow Dash.

"Eh, that was years ago, I'm not gonna do something that stupid again." Dash assured, "Probably."

Peter sighed, "Alright, fine. Just this once."

"Yes!"

Spider-Mane 2099 whispered to Spider-Mane, "Are you sure it's good idea bringing her along, Parker? What can she do?"

"She's kinda the fastest flyer in all of Equestria." Spider-Mane quietly revealed to his successor. Spider-Mane 2099 raised a brow, doubting what Peter just said. "Hey, she can prove it to you right now if you want. In fact..."

"Yo, Skittles!"

Rainbow Dash began to listen once she heard her nickname. Peter pointed a hoof at the sky, "Show Miguel what you can do. He doesn't think you're the fastest flyer." he smirked,

"What!? I'll show you, O'Hara! Those seven clouds above us will be gone in no time! Give me ten seconds!" Dash shouted at O'Hara.

Under his mask, Miguel frowned, 'We're wasting time just to boost her shocking ego. Alright, I'll play your game, Skittles. Whatever that nickname means.' he raised a hoof, "Lyla, keep track of time, I wanna see if Dash is what she says she is. We'll give her ten seconds like she said she can do."

"Alright, Miguel."

Dash unfurled her wings kicking the very cloud she was resting on not too long ago. "One." Lyla said, starting the countdown.

Dash flapped her wings, "Two." then she reached the next cloud flosting above her, "Three." Dash lowered herself a little hitting the third cloud with her right forehoof, "Four." Rainbow found the fourth cloud and blew it away. "Five." after doing that she blurred past the fifth one with relative ease. "Six." realizing that she missed the next one, Rainbow Dash turned around, "Seven." she straightened herself out, heading right into the two clouds left, "Eight."

Readjusting herself properly, Rainbow Dash prepared to remove the final two clouds at once. Peter nodded, showing his faith. Miguel rolled his eyes. "Let's just get this over with..."

"Nine..."

In the blink of an eye, a rainbow trail followed the pegasus as she removed the two clouds from the sky. Landing on the ground Rainbow Dash heard, "Ten."

"Ah shock..."

"Guess ya gotta take me, then." Rainbow Dash teased Spider-Mane 2099. Peter looked upon his annoyed counterpart.

"Ah, ease up, O'Hara. It'd just be this once." Peter comforted Miguel. Spider-Mane 2099 merely glared at the two.

"Fine." he groaned.


Meanwhile in the Everfree Forest, Sloan watched the now reopened rift, awaiting Serena to return. "She is taking her sweet time..." he sighed, growing more impatient by the second. "We do not have much time to waste."

Soon, a tentacle appeared, clingling back onto the grassy ground. Doctor Octopus 2099 revealed herself once more, "Sorry I'm late. But I think you'll be pleased with what I found back in our time." she said to Walker Sloan.

"Whatever it is, it better be worth wasting time here. Spider-Man could be here any minute. And if that happens then we lose our chances of catching him off guard." Sloan reminded his assailant.

"Yes, yes. I remember that clearly, but what I brought can prove a viable distraction for you." Patel insisted.

Sloan furrowed a brow, curious as to what she meant, "Very well, bring him here. I wish to see this for myself."

"Heh heh. This is one of my greatest plans in a long while." Doctor Octopus bragged. "You may come out now."

"Finally!" a voice hissed.

Coming out of the portal was a man, wearing a silver helmet shaped like a vulture's beak, and silver wings wrapped aeound his body in a harness. He wore green body armor and had metallic talons worn on his fingers. A moment passed, and he too transformed. Unlike the others who morphed into various equines, this man took the form of a griffon, though his suit had been accounted for the change giving him the same outward appearance despite being a different form.

"What happened?"

"You brought the Vulture?" Sloan asked. "He is not capable of holding Spider-Man off on his own."

"Yes, that may be true. But thanks to my ingenious upgrades, I've given him abilities better than ever before. His wing harness has been upgraded to nanofiber for better protection, and I may have enhanced his abilites based on an old creation of mine."

"Almost similar to your Hobgoblin." Sloan recalled.

"You could say that, but I think it's worth a field test. Right, Vulture?" Serena inquired.

Vulture nodded, "Yeah, Spider-Man's gotten in my way too many times... Gotta say, doc. Thanks for the upgrade. The annoying web-head won't see any of this coming."

"Oh, it was a pleasure, Vulture." Patel replied.

"Okay then. Vulture, if Spider-Man shows up you know what to do. Octopus and I shall search for any other rifts to use their chronal energy. I need as much as possible to fuel my gateway if I am to return to the past and come back. I do believe that Serena has informed you of the situation?"

"Yeah, I got it Sloan." Vulture responsed to Sloan. "I'll make sure Spider-Man isn't aware of your location. Hell, I'll do anything to get another shot at eatin' 'em."

"...Right." after saying that, Sloan and Serena Patel left Vulture to hold off Spider-Man.


"What the hay are we looking for anyway?" Rainbow Dash questioned.

Spider-Mane 2099 sighed, "We're looking for a portal back to my world and time. We gotta shut it down and make sure Sloan doesn't get to it first."

"Okay, what do we do once we find it? I'm not used to this whole portal thing."

Spider-Mane never turned, "Well, hopefully we find Sloan, and that Tarantula guy and put them in their place. Then we can worry about the rifts after that."

"No... We need to address the portals as soon as we can, Parker." Spider-Mane 2099 sternly said to Spider-Mane. "Last thing we need is for Sloan to take advantage of all of them and gain enough energy to go back to your time on Earth."

"I know that O'Hara, it's just... This is a test run. We find the rift, and then we can go back and worry about that later, okay?"

"Ya gotta lighten up, Miguel." Rainbow Dash said. "Pete said we'll handle it when the time comes."

"How the shock can I lighten up when the very fabric of time and space is at stake?" Spider-Mane 2099 inquired.

"Uh..." Dash trailed off, unsure of an answer.

"Exactly." Miguel responded in a knowing tone, earning himself a glare from Rainbow Dash.

"If you two can knock it off for a minute..." Peter muttered. "Wait..." he felt a tingling sensation, one that he's felt countless times before something happens. "My Spider-Sense... O'Hara, do you still have yours?" he questioned.

"Sorry, Parker, but I lost mine when Madame Web removed my power enhancements. But I am getting a bad vibe here."

"What are you sensing?" Dash asked.

A blur of green and silver sped past the trio, "Oh I don't know. That!" Spider-Mane 2099 shouted.

"Rainbow Dash. You're fast enough to chase it. We'll meet up with you soon. O'Hara and I are gonna find the portal." Spider-Mane ordered the pegasus.

"Alright, Pete." Rainbow responded before trailing the blur in her own rainbow trail.

"C'mon, Miguel. Let's see if my hunch is correct." Spider-Mane said, now serious.

"Hopefully not." Spider-Mane 2099 whispered.


"Oh shock me..."

"Uh, no thanks." Spider-Mane responded, knowing O'Hara's future slang. The two stood in front of an open rift. "Anyway, this means that Sloan was here, and he sent whatever zipped past us as a distraction." he discovered, taking a step closer to the portal, enough to observe it, but not to fall in it.

"Alright then, let's go." Miguel ordered.

"And leave Skittles to fight that thing on her own?" Peter asked. "You know I can't ignore a friend in need, O'Hara."

Spider-Mane 2099 stared blankly at his predecessor, "Okay, fine. But after we stop that... thing, then we're going back to your house and find a way to close these rifts before Walker Sloan could manage to do anything with them."

"Deal."

"Pardon me, friend. But I do believe that we haven't met." a voice chimed into the conversation. The two Spider-Men sturned around and saw a zebra standing behind them.

"Hi, Zecora." Peter greeted.

"Peter, it is good to see you. I see that you brought someone new." Zecora referred to Miguel, who was confused.

'Why is she shocking rhyming?' he thought. Miguel cleared his throat, "I'm a friend of Peter's, from the future. Miguel O'Hara. I take you're one of his many friends in this world as well?"

"Ah, that is right. I think I've seen you before in the Web of Life." the zebra noticed, having a connection to the Great Web herself.

"Wait... You know of the Web of Life?" Spider-Mane 2099 asked.

"Yep. Zecora's pretty much the closest we have to a Madame Web. She's all about the cool mystic stuff. And she's really good at making tea and remedies whenever I get too beaten." Peter complimented.

"I thought I saw something earlier. What I witnessed was a strange blur." Zecora spoke once more.

"What?" Spider-Mane asked.

"It was a bird, but when I saw it, it vanished in a blur."

"That was what we saw earlier, Parker."

Peter nodded, "Yeah. Sorry, Zecora, but we're in a hurry. You can come by the house later, we can use as much help as we can get!" he said, with him and O'Hara starting to gallop away. Zecora nodded, understanding the stallion's plight.


"Get back here, you!" Dash demanded, but what was moving in front of her continued to ignore her pleads. Gritting her teeth, the pegasus tried to move faster, but then before she could catch up, three metallic objects were heading in her direction. Seeing them as fast as she could, she swerved upward, one of the projectiles barely skimmed her tail, trimming a few hairs. "What the hay was that!?" she asked no one, watching the figure get away.

"That's it!"

Rainbow Dash began to fly once more, this time faster than she had in a while. She felt the wind nearly rip her face off. Her teeth were gritting and tears were flying out of her eyes. A rainbow trail followed behind her, and the distance between her and the flying figure closed.

Rainbow Dash opened her hooves, grabbing the figure and tackling him. She used her wings, to keep them in middair while stopping the strange blur. "Alright, pal! No one shows me off!"

"As if I care."

"What the- you're a griffon?!"

The griffon growled, "What of it? Though, this isn't my normal form. It's a shame you won't be alive to tell anyone of this." he revealed one of his talons. "You will be delicious! I never had pegasus before!"

"Huh!?"

As the griffon raised its talons, it got covered by a strange substance. Suddenly, he felt something pull him back, making him land on his back painfully. Rainbow Dash looked ahead and saw Spider-Mane and Spider-Mane 2099. Spider-Mane was holding a long web-strand within his hooves.

"Sorry, pal. Pegasi aren't in the menu!" Spider-Mane growled, standing over the costumed griffon. "Seriously, i've never seen a griffon want to eat a living pony. You're quite different."

"Wait a minute..." Spider-Mane 2099 began to say, "I recognize that costume! You're the Vulture! The one from my time! How the shock are you here!?"

The Vulture hissed, "Spider-Man! I see you brought the one from the present as well. Sloan wanted me here to end you from stopping his goals."

"Wait... You're Vulture 2099? It's been a while. I remember that whole I like to eat other humans thing. How's that going for you? Now, are you going to eat other griffons?" Spider-Mane grunted in a disgusted tone, remembering an adventure he and Miguel had before he ended up in Equestria.

"Skittles, get out of here. Get the other girls if you can!" Spider-Mane 2099 ordered. Dash nodded and flew off once more.

Vulture 2099 smirked, "Perfect, I get to fight two Spider-Men today!" he hissed.

"You know what!? You shocking disgust me!" Spider-Mane 2099 growled, punching Vulture 2099 in the jaw. The Vulture held his throbbing chin befre shaking his head. Vulture 2099 raised a talon, and slashed Spider-Mane 2099, but his suit protected himself from the damage, showing no holes made. "Nice try, but I got a nice little upgrade." Miguel said, looking at Vulture 2099's confused face.

"So have I!" Vulture 2099 responded, he opened his beaked mouth before letting out a scream. A sonic scream to be exact. The force of the sound caused Spider-Mane and Spider-Mane 2099 put a hoof on the ground, holding themselves in the same spot, while they attempted to put their free hoof to one of their ears, covering them from the noise and from going deaf.

"Jam it!"

"Alright, so I may have lost the hearing to one ear. Just one." Spider-Mane sighed, staggering back to his hooves. The red and blue costumed stallion saw Vulture 2099 ready another scream, but this time he flicked his hooves, shooting two lines of webbing covering the griffon's beak, shutting it.

"That oughta shut you up!" Spider-Mane practically shouted, his ears still ringing.

"What!?" Spider-Mane 2099 yelled.

"Never mind!" Spider-Mane punched Vulture 2099 in the chest, feeling some recoil. "He's got some armor on, Spider-Mane 2099!" he shouted, hoping Miguel didn't hear his superhero name.

"Okay, I heard that one... Spider-Mane." Miguel said, kicking Vulture 2099 in the chest, but like his suit it was protected. "Wait a minute... You're wearing nanofiber armor! How'd you get your talons on that?"

"Oh wouldn't you like to know!?" Vulture 2099 mumbled, his jaw still wrapped in webbing.

"Uh, yeah. That's kinda why he asked." Spider-Mane answered, shooting more webbing at his talons. The Vulture opened his hands, removing the webbing and yanking the gossamer off his face. "Oh man... I was hoping that'd stick."

"How are you using your web?" Spider-Mane 2099 asked, flipping over Vulture 2099's metallic blades shot from his wings before the flew back into the harness.

"I made new web-shooters that activate with a flick of my hoof!" Spider-Mane explained, "Try the same thing for yourself! Your webbing's organic right?"

Spider-Mane 2099 ducked underneath a slice attack delivered by Vulture 2099. "Yeah, I can give it a shot!" he moved slightly, landing on all fours. Miguel flicked his hoof as quickly as he could, then luckily, gossamer shot out of the top of his hoof, above the talon. The webbing attached itself to Vulture's back. Using his body as an anchor, O'Hara pushed himself forward until his back hooves landed on Vulture's back, making the griffon land on his stomach.

Vulture groaned, digging his talons into the ground. He kicked Spider-Mane 2099 in the chest. Miguel moved his hoof once again, with more webs shooting out of him. The substance stuck itself to Vulture's 2099 talon feet. Spider-Mane 2099, with the web still connected to the top of his hoof, pulled back, performing a similar trick Peter did earlier on in the battle. Vulture tumbled beak first once more. Before getting up, he screamed, sending shockwaves in the direction of the two costumed stallions.

Spider-Mane held himself in place, feeling his costume tear apart by Vulture 2099's sonic scream. "Yikes! You're a loud mouth!" Spider-Mane joked. "Seriously, are you just full of hot air? It's a lot more annoying than dealing with the Vulture of my time. Heh, I kinda miss that old coot." he sighed.

Inching himself closer, Spider-Mane did his best to not collapse at rhe sonic waves. The Vulture paused momentarily, "You have given me quite the fight... Hunters like it when they're prey fight. Gives them more satisfaction." Vulture snarled, beginning his screaming once more, this time going into the air. While the two Spiders were stunned, he decided to fly his way into Ponyville.

"Alright, Kraven..." moaned Peter as a response.

"Ah, shock. That's the last thing we need. Collateral damage..." Spider-Mane 2099 sighed, he shot a strand of webbing at a tree, zipping across the forest, "Beats flying, I guess."

"At least you have the option to fly," Peter groaned, following O'Hara's actions. "Let's hurry. Last thing we need is a villain like your Vulture in a town full of ponies. Seriously, he threatened to eat us. The Vulture from my time never did that..."


Vulture flew over Ponyville, looking at the small town with a smile on his face. "Oh, I will enjoy this..." he moaned. Before he could do anything, something hit him square in the jaw.

"Ah no you don't!" Rainbow Dash declared, revealing herself to Vulture 2099, who shook his head. "I'm not letting you feast on my friends or anypony here. You're giving griffons a bad name, dude."

"Ah, so there are more like me, eh? I will show them what it means to be like me." Vulture hissed, shooting more blades at Rainbow Dash who flipped over them in middair. She hovered in front of him, positioned right-side up once more.

"Are we done here?" Rainbow questioned.

Below her, the Elements of Harmony stood, along with Spike, Trixie and Mayday, hearing the commotion. "Rainbow Dash! What's going on?" Twilight asked.

"Mommy, who is that?" Mayday asked.

"I don't know, Mayday." the alicorn answered.

"Oh... These are your friends... I will give them the special treatment..." Vulture 2099 chuckled.

"What is he talking about?" Spike wondered.

"A dragon... A small one at that." Vulture noticed.

Dash kicked him once more, "Are you just gonna observe everything you see, because that's gonna get annoying real fast! Girls, this creep... Just help!" she trailed off, not able to find the right words to describe him, not getting enough info herself. "This dude will probably eat us!"

Rarity's eyes widened, "Really!? How uncouth of somepony like him." she shouted, disgusted that another creature would enjoy feasting on another life. She watched Vulture 2099 throw more of his wing blades, this time at the group. Twilight saw this and raised a shield, protecting everypony around her. "That's it..." the unicorn sighed, "Normally I don't want to get my hooves dirty, but he's just asking for it!"

Rarity lit up her own horn, aiming a beam of blue at Vulture 2099, which caught him off guard. "Who dares?" he questioned before taking one last slap by Rarity's hooves.

"We do..." Applejack declared, "Ya think we're just gonna stand here while you cause chaos here? Well, partner you got another thing comin'!" the farm pony added.

"Very well. You shall die like the pegasus!"

The Vulture landed on the ground, Applejack leaned forward, ready to attack Vulture 2099 on her own. She leaped a little turning her whole body so that her hind legs collided with his face and chest. She spun around, smirking while doing so. "That oughta teach ya somethin'." she mocked him knowingly.

Vulture 2099 opened his beak, letting out a loud scream, "Girls. Hold on!" Twilight shouted, holding up a barrier to block them from the shockwave of the sound. Pinkie Pie held her ears anyway. Once she felt the noise settle, Twilight removed the barrier, allowing Pinkie to pull out her cannon and gestured Spike to enter it. The dragon hopped in, allowing Pinkie to launch him straight to Vulture. He butted his head right into Vulture's barrel. He landed on his feet, running back to Twilight to safety. Fluttershy stood behind her as well, trying not to shake too much. The Vulture laughed.

"Pathetic. Thinking any of you stand a chance." Vulture 2099 raised his wing harness, aiming each and every single blade that made up his wings right at the ponies. "Now, die..." he looked at each and every single pony with a angered look on his face. Mayday held onto her mother as tightly as she could, hoping the princess could erect a barrier before any of them could be harmed.

Before Vulture 2099 could launch them, he felt something on his back. "Aw man. Your manners suck. Seriously, at least I don't murder people I just met." he heard a quip. Mayday perked up at the sound of the familiar voice.

"Daddy!"

Spider-Mane and Spider-Mane 2099 hopper back into the battle, "Yep! The one and only, sweetheart! Now, let Daddy and Uncle Spider-Mane 2099 finish him up!"

"I like that name!" Pinkie commented.

"Got it from you!"

Spider-Mane 2099 sighed, "Can we get on with it?"

"Yeah, I hear ya, pal."

Leaping, Spider-Mane 2099 flipped over Vulture 2099's wing blades, narrowly dodging each one with ease. Miguel grabbed one with his hooves and tossed it at Vulture, driving it into the circuits of his suit, "There, now there's no flying for you!" he said, flapping his wings. Vulture attempted to scratch him with his talons, but Spider-Mane tied his claws up in his webs. Spider-Mane ducked for cover once he saw Vulture open his mouth, but Spider-Mane 2099 zipped in the air, shooting a web-ball at the griffon's face, stunning him and stopping him from screaming.

Peter hopped up, kickflipping Vulture in the jaw, and made him fall on his back painfully. This allowed Miguel to ascend and drive all four of his hooves into Vulture's body, knocking him out.

The two webheads landed, panting from the long battle. "Is everypony alright?" Peter asked his friends, family, and the growing interested crowd that came to watch. The crowd started to cheer for the two Spiders that stopped the Vulture

"Yeah! Spider-Mane!"

"Spider-Mane 2099!"

"They defeated that griffon! They're heroes like the Elements!"

"Of course, they're both Spider-Mane!"

"Wow..." Miguel whispered. "No police chasing after me..." a small smile grew under his mask. "I can get used to this..." he admitted to Peter, who kissed his wife while he was speaking.

"Glad to know you two are safe." he said to Twilight and hugging his daughter. "But we gotta send Vulture back into the portal in the Everfree Forest and close it up."

Author's Note:

Most of the villains will be primarily from the 2099 universe, with a few enemies of Peter's of course. But I can only hope that I get the 2099 villains right. I may have flanderized Vulture a bit in this story, but then again I only read two stories with him in it. Sorry, if they're not truly in-character.