• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 3,274 Views, 202 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Edge of Time - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane, Twilight Sparkle and their friends and family join forces with Spider-Mane 2099 to stop Walker Sloan.

  • ...
30
 202
 3,274

Edge of Time, Part I

"Okay, these Atrocity things are starting to get on my nerves!" Peter shouted, hopping out of the way of the tentacles again. "Seriously, where is he at now!?" he ensured that Jackal couldn't see or hear anything that was happening right now, having covered him in more webbing before ir could dissolve.

"We'll worry about that when we get back, Parker. We gotta hurry and get to the rift." O'Hara reminded his predecessor.

"What do we do?" Sweetie Belle asked. "We can't just sit around while all of you do all the work! Our timeline's at stake as well!" she shouted.

"We really can't have you go back, since that would create a paradox. A big one at that." Scarlet Spider said.

"Well, we're just not gonna let time fall apart and not have a hoof in saving it!" Rainbow Dash added, waving her hooves, "We have to do something about this!"

"Parker." began Kaine, "We'll tell your friends to get back to Ponyville as soon as possible. The future versions can defend Canterlot. That way they also have protection while at the same time we prevent any of them meeting their past selves."

Peter nodded, "Fine. While we do that, we should get them to bring the Elements of Harmony just in case. Then once they leave, the five of you can take cover in Canterlot, but the only problem is that we have to explain this matter to the princesses."

"I'm sure Celestia and Luna would understand the situation." Applejack assured the hero. "But what about you four?" she asked.

"We'll get Brock to join us back in 2099 and have the others tell them to show up as soon as possible! We're going to find Sloan and Ock and stop them before they could take advantage of time and space falling apart like this!" Kaine declared.

"Brock? As in Eddie Brock? Why have you allied yourself with him?" Trixie wondered, remembering how she and the others saw Peter's memories years ago.

"Don't worry. He's on the side of good now. As hard as it was for me to believe too." Peter assured. "But we should stop at Ponyville as well, I want to check up on Twilight and Mayday to make sure they're safe and pick something up as well." he added. "I wanna explain the situation as well."

"We have enough to deal with right now! We can't waste anymore time, while we still have the shocking concept of time! The universe depends on us!" Miguel scolded. "The others can just tell them what's going on once they get the Elements or whatever!"

Ben scowled, "You can't mean that, O'Hara. we can't just ignore the fact that our friends in Ponyville can be in danger! We should at least check up on them and bring Anti-Venom with us!"

"They can come at their own pace." Kaine argued for Miguel, "We can't wander about anymore, considering the fact we're probably gonna waste more time convincing the princesses of the future ponies defending their town while we're gone to begin with. We have to focus on what's important!"

"What's important is not allowing anyone to suffer or die because we do nothing! If you don't get that Miguel or Kaine, you don't get the first thing about being Spider-Men!" Peter scolded.

Miguel shook his head, "You're the one who doesn't get it, Parker! The future depends on--"

"My future is meaningless without them!" Spider-Mane ahouted, slamming his hooves on the ground.

Kaine sighed in annoyance, "Fine. But we're going to have to make it a quick trip. The sooner we leave, the quicker we can get to 2099 to stop Sloan."

"Good." said Ben. "That's all we wanted."

Peter put a hoof on O'Hara's shoulder. "I'm sorry for that outburst, O'Hara. It's just... I won't be able to focus not knowing if they're safe or not. Atrocity is unpredictable. I just wanna be sure is all."

Miguel offered his predecessor a sincere smile, "It's fine. A little insulting, but good. You're worried. I can understand where you're coming from. I'm just... Focusing on the bigger picture."

"Same thing as well, Kaine..." Peter added, "The four of us... We're all Spider-Men. I have no right in saying any of that."

Kaine waved a hoof, "Think nothing of it, kid. You're only looking out for what's best for everyone else."

Ben opened his hooves, "Spider-Men bro hug?" as he said this, a tentacle lashed out of a portal, smacking him in the side of his head, dazing him a little.

"Does that answer your question, bro?" Kaine chuckled.

Sweetie Belle cleared her throat, "If you four are done bickering up a storm, we should get moving." she said. "Get Jackal. We're heading out right now."

"Right." nodded Peter.


"There it is." said Miguel. "The portal back to the present." he revealed, putting away the notes and map.

"Hm. It's going to be weird seeing Equestria in its prime." Trixie admitted.

"Eh. As long as none of us cross paths with our younger selves we're all good!" Rainbow shrugged.

"Really, only Trixie has to worry about meeting her younger self. She's the only one of you in Canterlot to begin with." Ben said. "We'll just tell them to head back to Ponyville, get you in the city, we'll head back, then come back to go to 2099."

"Good to know." Sweetie said.

Spider-Mane stepped forward, inhaling as he jumped into the portal first. The ponies followed while the Spiders jumped in last. Once they reached the other side, Peter stepped out of the way, allowing the others to fall flat on their stomachs. "I'm not getting dog-piled again." he said in a stern tone.

"I... Never want to do that again..." Applejack moaned.

"Are ya kidding? That was awesome!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

Spider-Mane turned around, spotting the Spider-Mobile. "Alright, guys. The four of us will drive ahead. By the time we get there, you should already be at the nearest train station. We'll tell the others to head back to Ponyville after we convince the princesses that you're helping us." he planned.

"Then I guess we'll be driving there to ensure everypony's safe, then we're coming back with Brock and then it's off to 2099 we go." Ben finished for his brother.

Miguel nodded, "Sounds a little convoluted, but it's sound. It shouldn't take to long on our end."

"Let's hope that's the case." Kaine muttered.

"Good." Trixie said. "Last thing I need to see is my younger self."

"Battle of the egos." Ben chuckled with Peter.

The blue unicorn groaned, "Let us hope that never happens."

"Agreed." Pinkamena smirked.

As the Spiders hopped into the Spider-Mobile, Peter had to swipe away more tendrils trying to attack them. "Get the shock away!" Spider-Mane 2099 ordered, shooting some webbing at them. "Let's get the shock outta here!" he shouted, placing Jackal in the car.

"Way ahead of ya, O'Hara! We'll meet you girls up ahead! Hopefully the others will be on their way back!" Peter waved as the car drove off in the distance.

"C'mon, girls. We gotta get to Canterlot soon. There should be a station nearby." Sweetie said, gesturing for her friends to follow.


"Finally!" Kaine sighed. The First Spider was the first to hop out of the car once they reached the castle in Canterlot and carried Jackal's unconscious body, narrowly avoiding more tendrils coming for them. "This is starting to get really freaking annoying! There's no end in sight!"

"You're telling me." Ben sighed, "I swear we've seen fifteen rifts open on the way here."

"As long as Atrocity is around, time will continue to collapse until there is nothing left." Spider-Mane 2099 said, "I have a hunch that Sloan and Ock will plan to use that to their advantage."

"What do you mean?" asked Ben.

Miguel shook his head, placing all of thought together. "They could find a way to harness Atrocity's power in order to fulfill the very reason he came to Equestria in the first place! He could create a stable portal back in time on Earth in order to create Alchemax years before it started! Making the world his empire!"

"He won't stop there most likely. Sloan would probably find a way to take over Equestria as well." Spider-Mane revealed.

"Then we gotta hurry." Kaine declared, "He and Ock won't succeed."

After saying that, they entered the castle where a battle had begun. Rifts already appeared in the castle. Where Celestia, Luna, Spike, Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, Rarity and Black Cat were trying to fight off the Atrocity tentacles. "What are these things, sister?" asked Luna.

"I do not know, Luna." Celestia answered.

"Let's hope the Spiders get here soon."

Spider-Mane cleared his throat. "Already here." he revealed himself at last.

"Oh man, Peter." Spike sighed in relief. "What happened while you four were gone?"

"A monster called Atrocity is tearing apart time and space. We need the Elements of Harmony in Ponyville just in case something appears down there." Kaine explained.

"And who might you two be?"

"Parker's clone brothers. First Spider and Scarlet Spider. Now that we got introductions out of the way can all of you head back with the Elements? We'll be right behind you." Miguel said and introduced quickly. The others nodded and ran off, in hopes of getting the Elements.

"Alright you two. We have to make things brief." began Peter, who shot the tendrils back into the rifts. "There's some backup coming. We ended up in an alternate future."

"Alternate future?" Luna repeated, "What did thou see?"

"Older versions of some of our friends. They're on their way here. That's kind of why we needed the others gone. They'll help keep an eye on Canterlot while we're gone."

"And where are you four going?" Celestia wondered.

"Ponyville, then we're off to 2099. But first things first." Ben revealed. He brought in Jackal, "This is Jackal. The person who created us and Atrocity. And ally of Sloan. Make sure he stays in a cell until we get this cleared up."

"You have our word." Luna assured.

Peter smiled, "Good to know. We'll be off now!"

The night princess cleared her throat, "Best of luck!"


The Spider-Mobile parked itself as they neared Ponyville. "Alright. We don't have a lot of time left, Parker. Get this done quick." O'Hara ordered loudly.

Peter nodded, "You got it, O'Hara!"

Spider-Mane ran into the Treebrary, where he saw Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Applejack, and Anti-Venom fight off the rifts opening around them and protect Mayday and the CMC. "Alright, I made it in time good..." he sighed in relief.

"Peter? Where the hay were ya?" Rainbow and Applejack questioned.

"What's happening, honey?" Twilight asked.

"A monster called Atrocity is tearing apart time itself. I told the others to bring the Elements of Harmony here just in case something pops up here." explained Peter.

"Are the others fine, Daddy?" Mayday wondered.

"Yes, sweetie. Your uncles are fine. And your aunts and Uncle Spike are coming back." assured Spider-Mane to his daughter. "Stay close to them, okay? We'll be back. I promise."

Mayday nodded, "Okay, daddy!"

"Twilight. Once we stop Sloan, use the Elements of Harmony to close all the rifts for good." ordered Peter. "Like I told May, we'll be fine. Just keep an eye on things here."

"Alright, Peter. Just this once." the two kissed as Peter ran off. The stallion ran in.

"Wait, Brock. You should come with us! Sloan has a lot to answer!" Peter offered. "Wait for me in the Spider-Mobile."

Anti-Venom laughed, "Finally!"

He moved behind his house, and opened the cellar doors into the labs. He had to fight off more tendrils and tentacles appearing through the rifts, and portals to Earth began to fade in as well. The hero ran into the cellar, grabbing something. "It's still a prototype, but it'll have to do for now. Let's just hope I don't get stranded across time itself."

Meanwhile, in the Spider-Mobile, Kaine looked at the symbiote, "Where the hell is Parker?"

"He'd be here soon." Eddie replied, shooting down more rifts with his own tendrils. "What the hell is going on here!?"

"Giant symbiote monster made from your DNA is breaking time and space." Ben answered, "We're hoping you could lend a hand to stop us. Is that fine?" he questioned.

"Yes..." he hissed. "Sloan will suffer for what he's done."

Miguel nodded, "Good. The more help the better." he said. "Then that means we can get home."

"Finally..." muttered First Spider. "Now where the hell is our so-called brother?!"

"Right here, bro!"

Spider-Mane appeared in a new suit of armor. It was black and red with a small spider-emblem on the chest. His thrusters weakened as he landed next to the Spider-Mobile. "What the shock are you wearing, Parker?" asked Miguel.

"The Spider-Armor. Magically enhanced to change depending on coming to Earth." Spider-Mane explained, "It should come in handy while we fight off Sloan and Atrocity. Now, come on. We need to get back to Canterlot and jump into the portal to 2099."

Peter hopped in the driver's seat, "Let's floor it!"

"For once, I'm with you, kid." chuckled First Spider.

Ben cheered, "To Canterlot!"

"Fine. Let's shocking do this." Miguel grunted.

"Till the end!" Anti-Venom growled.

And then the Spider-Mobile drove off into the path beyond, its destination Canterlot. 'We're coming, Sloan and Ock. And then we're ending this. For real, this time!' declared Peter in his head.