• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 3,268 Views, 202 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Edge of Time - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane, Twilight Sparkle and their friends and family join forces with Spider-Mane 2099 to stop Walker Sloan.

  • ...
30
 202
 3,268

The Clone Saga, Part IV

Author's Note:

A smaller chapter for right now. To make up for it, I'll upload Part V later on tonight.

"This was a mistake." huffed Kaine, walking along the dirt path. "What does this have to do with finding your cutie mark, or whatever it's called?" he questioned. The group had decided to go hiking for whatever reason, much to the First Spider's chagrin.

Peter shrugged, "I dunno. It'll be a fun break from the mayhem that we've endured." he said. He held Mayday on his back, the filly peeking over his head.

"It has everything to do with it, Kaine!" Scootaloo answered, the orange pegasus, nudging him gently, "We can get out cutie marks as adventurers!"

"We did that three times already. Before Peter came here." Applebloom corrected. "Hasn't worked then, and I doubt it'll be the case now."

Ben looked down and saw Sweetie Belle, giving him a half-lidded stare and a smile, "Uh... You alright, kid?" he asked with some concern in his tone.

"Oh, uh, yeah!" studdered the young unicorn, pink forming on her cheeks. Ben heard Peter chuckle, as if he knew why she was giving Ben that strange look.

'I guess some things never change. Especially her crush.' thought Peter. 'Man, we really should think about giving those two different looks once all this is done. It will definitely save us a headache.' he grabbed a tree branch and tossed it aside. "Careful up there, Mayday. We're gonna climb a log."

May nodded, "Okay, daddy!" she said. The two hopped over a small log, the others following him.

"So, Parker. Where the shock are we going?" Miguel asked his predecessor.

Peter shrugged again, "As far as we can, O'Hara. Think of this as a field trip for the kids. I told you it won't take very long."

"Uncle Miguel? What does shock mean?" Mayday asked.

Miguel's eyes went wide before he cleared his throat. "It's uh... Something I say out of habit. Don't repeat it. That's all you need to know, kid." he assured. Peter held in a few giggles at his poor excuse of an explanation, knowing full well of his swears.

Kaine crossed his forehooves, leaning on the log. "Heh. Quick thinking there, O'Hara. Better learn to watch your language."

Ben frowned, "Says the one that said every swear known to man on the way to pick up the girls. Poor Peter had to cover his daughters ears while you went on." he teased, earning a glare from his clone brother.

"Ya two are definitely brothers..." Applebloom chuckled at the clones' bickering.

"Yeah!" agreed Scootaloo. "Think of the children, Kaine!"

Kaine rolled his eyes at the pegasus's comment, "I regret everything."

"Don't be like that." Sweetie Belle pleaded, "You can have fun too!" she cheered.

Ben smiled, "See, bro? The three of them even want you to lighten up for a bit."

"You agreed to it, Kaine. Heck, I even gave you a choice." Peter teased, Mayday still on his back.

Miguel kicked away a stone with his hoof, watching it bounce off a tree into a lake at the other side of the field they were in, where it bounced perfectly across the water, "Woah! That was so cool! How'd you do that?" asked Scootaloo, impressed by O'Hara's strength.

"I... Kicked a rock, Scootaloo. There wasn't much else to it." explained O'Hara awkwardly.

"He's right, Scoots. Mah sister knocks an entire tree's worth of apples with one good buck." Applebloom added.

Scootaloo scoffed, "I know, but it's still pretty cool to see. I kind of wish I brought my scooter with me so I can show you my tricks."

"Does everypony here have a destined name or something?" Kaine asked aloud, hearing about Scootaloo's scooter.

Ben laughed, "It seems that way. Granted, your secret identity is the First Spider. Fitting. And in a way, we're all Spider-Men, quite an original name if I say so myself." he added to the conversation.

"What's your superhero name, Ben?" wondered Sweetie Belle.

Peter decided to speak up, "I gave Kaine the title of the First Spider. I was also thinking of the Scarlet Spider, because of the experiment that made you." he revealed.

"Scarlet Spider, huh?" Ben nodded to himself, "I like it. Sounds catchy."

"So, now it's Spider-Mane, Spider-Mane 2099, the First Spider, and the Scarlet Spider? There's plenty of Spider-Men in Equestria right now." Scootaloo realized.

Peter smiled, "Yeah. And these are just the Spider-Men from my world. It'll be even crazier if the Spiders from other dimensions showed up here. Like 1930's me, younger me, or Spider-Ham. Heh, leaves me to wonder if there's a female Spider out there with how crazy the multiverse seems to be."

"A Spider-Mare? That sounds... Odd." Applebloom commented. "But also nice."

"Spider-Mare?" Miguel repeated, "And I thought Spider-Mane was a corny name."

Peter glared at his successor playfully, "Corny? You're from a timeline where shock, glitch and jam are swears and not just normal everyday words."

"Jam it you're right!"

"Language!" scolded Ben and Peter.

O'Hara scowled at the second clone, "Who the shock let you in on the conversation?" he asked Ben.

"I dunno. Call it a clone's intuition." Ben smirked.

"Alright, Spider-Mane. I guess it's a draw." Kaine huffed with a smirk.

"He's got you there, Peter." admitted Applebloom. "At least we know you'll never get your or our cutie marks in making witty comebacks."

Peter frowned, "Well I'm glad that's the case." he said, turning his head to see Mayday hop off his body. "Stay close to me and the others, Mayday." he ordered his daughter, who nodded. They stood at a cliff, seeing the beautiful forest at the area below them.

"Pretty nice place here." admitted Ben. "It's so... Calm."

Kaine agreed, "Yeah. It's a shame we were stuck in Alchemax and Warren's lab for most of our time."

"That's why I wanted you two to come along. To see what the world has to offer you two." Peter explained, "This is Whitetail Woods. I usually come here whenever I or Twilight need some time alone."

Scootaloo and Applebloom gagged, "Please don't get into specifics, Peter." pleaded the yellow filly.

"I think it sounds nice." Sweetie Belle admitted.

"Of course you would." teased Scootaloo.

Mayday nudged her father, "Daddy, can we go down there?" she asked him.

"Not today, May. Maybe some other time. I just wanted to take you all on a brief trip. That, and I'm kind of hungry." Peter answered with a sheepish smile.

"Of shocking course. You forgot to pack the jam snacks didn't you." Miguel muttered under his breath.

"Well, that's because you and Kaine kept rushing me!" Peter replied. "If you hadn't, I probably would have remembered to bring the hay fries and the juice! And I didn't have jam to pack thanks for wondering!" he added with a small chuckle.

Kaine smiled, "Let's just get back. I'm enjoying the view, but I wanna see if the girls found that last rift." his stomach began to rumble as well after saying that.

"Well, seems somepony else is hungry." Sweetie Belle said.

"I think we could all use a meal." Ben told them. "How about we head to the nearest cafe back in Ponyville to grab a bite?" he offered, he moved next to Peter. "Hey, dude. It's your treat, I don't have any money on me now."

Peter sighed, "Something tells me that you and Kaine are going to be the freeloading type of brothers." he mumbled, "Fine. I'll pay just this once. After we stop Sloan, I'll see if I can get you three some type of temporary job while you're still here."