• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 3,274 Views, 202 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Edge of Time - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane, Twilight Sparkle and their friends and family join forces with Spider-Mane 2099 to stop Walker Sloan.

  • ...
30
 202
 3,274

The Clone Saga, Part V

After a nice small meal, the clones were told to head to the Carasoul Boutique to check on their costumes as well as drop Sweetie Belle off. Peter and Miguel of course would return to the Treebrary after they take Scootaloo and Applebloom home to check up on them.

"How was the trip, you two?" asked Rarity, looking out the window to see that the moon had risen sometime ago.

Ben shrugged, "It was fun. Got to see places that I wouldn't if I were still Tarantula."

"Alright, I suppose. Better than fighting Warren or Sloan's goons." Kaine admitted.

Rarity smiled, "Good to hear. Sweetie Belle seems to have enjoyed it, even if the journey was brief. While you were gone, I adjusted your costumes to fit your new physiques." she lifted up the new suits with a blue aura.

She laid the black and red suit on the table, and then gently dropped the red suit and blue hoodie next to it. "It didn't take a whole lot to do, honestly. Also, I managed to create a mask and costume for you, Ben, in no time at all." she explained, revealing the scarlet red costume to the second clone.

"Thank you." Ben said, placing the suit on his hooves.

"As for you, Kaine. I merely adjusted the sleeves to fit your new body. I asked Twilight if she could use her costume spell just in case you two need to go back to Earth and need not worry of being... indecent upon arriving there." the unicorn added.

"Good." Kaine mumbled, grabbing the costume.

"Try them on!" Rarity clapped her hooves together.

The clones looked at each other awkwardly, but sighed. Ben put on the red costume before placing the blue hoodie over it, while Kaine tried his new costume and put the mask on, both of their manes were sticking out from the top, and the masks seemed to account for their new unicorn horns.

Kaine bumped his own horn with a hoof, 'Can we even use magic like the other unicorns? I should ask Parker and Twilight about that later on.' he thought.

Ben flipped around in his spot, testing the agility of the costume, "I like it. The Scarlet Spider name really fits with a suit like this." he told the unicorn.

Kaine mirrored his brothers actions, flipping and moving his hooves around. "Huh. Suit works well. You did a pretty good job here, Rarity." he said.

"Ooh, I knew you would like them!" she cheered.

"I appreciate the effort, Rarity. Really." Ben thanked again, removing the mask from his head. "We'll be sure to use these once we go find the lost rift."

Rarity spoke once more, "Oh and one more thing, gents. Do be careful with those. Last thing I need is to attend to three Spider-Men, and Peter really enjoys tearing his own suit apart." she teased.

"I'll do my best." Ben chuckled.

Kaine muttered, "We'll see."

The clones waved to the unicorn as they left the boutique, their new costumes in hoof, "Thanks again, Rarity. We'll give you and the others an update tomorrow." said Ben, his voice getting quieter as the door closed and they got farther.


Ben and Kaine were on their way home, but a noise got their attention. "Hm. Those are some nice suits you got there. Did that fashionista unicorn make them for you?" Felicia hopped down from the rooftop she was standing on to ask the question.

"Yeah. Why do you care?" Kaine questioned.

Black Cat smirked, "Oh, I really don't. I was just curious. It gets boring having to hop the rooftops and wander around in this small town. I just wanted to start a conversation."

"Yo, Cat!"

Rainbow Dash hovered down, getting Felicia's attention, "What are ya doin' here? Wait... Where are you even sleeping at?"

"The pink one offered me a place to crash." Black Cat explained, "Looks much more comfy than the cloud you call a home."

"A cloud home? That actually sounds cool." said Ben. "Mind if I crash with you? I think Peter and Twilight are running out of space for us Spider-Men."

"Only pegasi can stand on clouds, Ben. Though, you can see if Twilight can use that cloud-walking spell or whatever she used to have you get up there somehow. Can you shoot webs?"

Kaine looked at his brother, "Well, mine are organic. Wouldn't yours be the same case?"

"Not quite. I tried it before. Didn't work." Ben elaborated.

"Well then, you can ask the Spider-Genius himself to make you a set of his shooters." Black Cat suggested.

Ben put a hoof on his chin, "I may go do that."

"Heh. Glad to be of use. Tell Parker and his wife that they need to hurry this up. I'm getting impatient just standing around." Felicia told the clone brothers.

"I agree, but we may go sooner rather than later." Kaine said to the Black Cat, "That rift could be anywhere in this dimension. I just wished I had asked Professor Warren before I turned against him then maybe we could've had the upper hand. Or hoof." he moaned. 'General terms in this world are freaking weird.'

"Ya didn't know." Rainbow Dash said, "We can't blame you for that."

The First Spider sighed, "I know... It's just... I have a long way to go before I can move on from my past."

Rainbow Dash frowned, "Well, we can start by kicking Sloan's butt." she said before yawning. "Anyway, I gotta get some shuteye. See ya guys tomorrow." she flew off, her rainbow trail vanishing as she got farther away.

"I'll say the same to you boys, as well." added Black Cat, hopping back onto the roofs. "Tell Parker to hurry the process. I have a scientist to scratch." she told them before seemingly vanishing into the night, most likely to Sugarcube Corner.

"Well, that happened." mumbled Kaine.

Ben nodded, "It doesn't matter. Let's just get to Peter's house before it gets too late."

"Nice to see you, guys. I take it Rarity's suits fit you well?" Twilight asked, before taking a bite out of a hayburger she made. "Sorry you haven't seen me, Trixie or Sunset all day."

Ben waved his hoof, "It's fine Twilight. We know how busy you are with your research. Any progress?"

Twilight wiped her mouth with a napkin, "Yes, actually. We think that rift you and Kaine mentioned should be nearby Canterlot. Celestia and Luna are already prepared for anything to come to their kingdom at any moment."

"Celestia and Luna? What are they, your rulers or something?" Kaine questioned.

"Yes. Celestia raises the sun and Luna raises the moon. They're the Princesses of Equestria." Twilight explained.

"It was a surprise to me, too." Miguel said, stepping into the living room with Peter. "Just don't shocking ask."

"So, what's the plan, Peter? We all can't go in the portal in case Sloan decides to reveal himself." Kaine said. "That son of a bitch will take advantage of our absence no doubt."

Peter agreed, "I know. So... Black Cat, Trixie, Sunset Shimmer, Spike, and Rarity can go defend Canterlot. Rainbow Dash, Twilight, Anti-Venom, Applejack and Pinkie can stay in Ponyville with the kids. The four of us will head in there to see what Warren has in store for us."

"It's a sound plan, honey." Twilight agreed.

"Yep! Let's do it first thing tomorrow." Ben said.

Kaine crossed his forehooves, "But how the hell are we going to get there at a decent time?"

The hero smirked, "I have a way."

Miguel rolled his eyes, "That can't be a good sign. What is it you have in mind, Parker?" he asked.

Spike, meanwhile, walked into the living room upon hearing the conversation, "Is it what I think it is?"

"Don't spoil it for them, Spike." Peter told the dragon.

Spike nodded, understanding what he was talking about. Meanwhile, the other three Spiders looked at the two in confusion.

"This better be worth the hype." Kaine grumbled.

Twilight snickered, "I'm sure it will. You'll see it in the cellar laboratory tomorrow."


Discord snapped his fingers, revealing a magic orb and a screen, which the orb projected an image onto. He grabbed a megaphone out of thin air as he screamed, "Come one! Come all!" He said, getting the attention of the Sinister Six, and the confusion of Sloan and Serena.

"Don't question him." Norman told them.

"He the first to witness what Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends have in store to stop Professor Miles Warren!" he proclaimed, "The show will begin in twelve hours, first thing in the morning!"

"Oh, this'll be fun!" Carnage hissed.

Adagio chuckled, "I wonder what Parker's gonna do this time."

"It'll probably be fun to see." Sonata added.

Aria grunted, "We're gonna see for ourselves, girls."

Electro smirked, "I guess I'm in."

"Let's do this to keep track of Warren. Then we'll introduce you to Warren's greatest creation, as well as any others he's made." Sloan said in a sinister tone.