• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 3,274 Views, 202 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Edge of Time - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane, Twilight Sparkle and their friends and family join forces with Spider-Mane 2099 to stop Walker Sloan.

  • ...
30
 202
 3,274

Playing With Portals

Morning came, and the four Spiders began the trip to Peter's laboratory. They decided that they were going to arrive at the rift first while Twilight and the others took the Friendship Express to Canterlot. The heroes were already in their costumes at this point, meaning that they were ready to do what was needed.

Ben had gotten spare webshooters from Peter, seeing as he couldn't make organic webbing. It wasn't a long process for the genius, and it was done with enough time to get a night of sleep. Ben wore the webshooters over his costume.

Peter exhaled, "Alright, gents. It's about time I introduce you to my fastest method of travel in Equestria." he said, opening the doors to the supposed garage.

Kaine, Ben and Miguel looked inside in disbelief. It was a car, colored red and blue, almost made to be a convertible. Peter continued to talk, "Meet the Spider-Mobile! I took some inspiration from... An old friend. And got the specs right for use in this dimension."

The three gave Peter a confused glance, and Miguel was the one to break the ice. "Meh." he shrugged.

"Huh? Meh? That's all you have to say?"

Miguel said, "Yeah. You made one before right? I've seen it before in the records. You're starting to sound like Ock now."

Kaine rubbed the back of his head, "Yeah, kid. It's nothing to really write home about. It feels... Kind of commercializing to your own superhero identity."

"Oh, come on!" begged Peter, "It can drive up walls and stuff! It's like a spider in car form!"

Ben laughed, "Sounds like a toy that kids would buy of you. 'The Comic-Con exclusive Spider-Man action figure with Spider-Mobile! Car can stick to walls! Batteries not included'!" he faked an advertisement. "That, and it really brings into mind that old friend you mentioned earlier."

"So, my successor and my two clones don't like it? I thought as much." huffed Peter.

"It's impressive considering the technology of Equestria, but it wasn't worth the late night hype." admitted Miguel.

Kaine nodded in agreement, "We're not doubting how it works. It's... Just a car."

"I dunno. Can I drive?" asked Ben.

Peter put on his mask and hopped in the driver's seat. "Ya have a license?" when he saw Ben lower his head, he continued, "Then hop on in anyway!" he said. Ben and Kaine hopped in the backseats, while Miguel sat in the passenger's seat next to Parker. All of them placed their masks over their faces.

"So, Parker. Do you have a license?"

Peter smirker under his mask, "I was just messing around Ben. Ya don't need a license to drive a Spider-Mobile!" he bragged, pressing a button and opening a garage door of sorts leading to the outside. He stepped on the pedal and the car sped out, the door closing behind them as they moved.

The three other Spiders did their best to hang on while Peter continued to speed along the grass. "Hey, uh, kid. You may not want to floor it!" Kaine shouted. "Or we'll become Spider-Pancakes!"

Turning his head slightly, Peter asked, "Floor it?" his hoof pushed further onto the pedal, "You got it Kaine!" the car moved faster, surprising the others.

"Holy shock!" Miguel shouted at the top of his lungs.

Ben, instead of being scared, yelled, "Woo! Now this is the life!"

"Are you shocking crazy, Parker?!" questioned Miguel. "Did you even take a jam driving test."

Wanting to hear, Peter slowed down. "Uh... Before I got my permit, I took the test thirty-seven, oh, er, thirty-eight times. I got it eventually since I didn't want my powers to give me too much of an advantage. I always got past the oral exam anyway."

"So, what? Someone stick an antennae in your head to give you the answers while behind the wheel?" asked Ben.

Peter shook his head, "No. I just learned from my mistakes."

Kaine huffed, "This is starting to sound like a children's cartoon."

"Maybe it is. I'm already living one as it is." Peter chuckled. "You got the map, O'Hara?"

Miguel pulled out a piece of paper, "Yeah. It's not too far away from Canterlot according to their notes. We should be there, at this speed anyway, within the next hour or two."

"Ooh. An hour or two? Should we sing along the way? That always happens to the ponies in this world for some reason. It's about time I get a musical number to myself."

"Oh God no..." sighed Kaine, "How am I clone of you?"

Ben laughed, "I'm in."

"Oh shock. This was a mistake." gulped O'Hara, hearing Peter inhale as he started to sing.

"Spider-Men, Spider-Men! Do whatever a Spider can! Spins a web any size!" began Peter.

"Catches thieves just like flies!" continued Ben.

"Look out! Here comes the Spider-Men!"

Kaine held his ears, as did Miguel, trying to save themselves from the torment the duo have brought them. 'For the love of God make it stop!' pleaded O'Hara in his head.


While Peter parked the Spider-Mobile, Miguel and Kaine hopped out of the car immediately, the goofier clones laughing all the while, "That was fun!" Ben told his doppelganger.

"It was. Those two don't share the same sentiments, though."

Kaine mumbled, "Spectacular, Spectacular, Spider-Men..." he sang quietly, "God damn it! Now it's stuck in my head!"

"Radioactive Spider-Men..." sang Miguel. "Jam it, Parker and Reilly!" he cursed.

"Success!" cheered Peter. "We got them to sing after all! Told you they were catchy!"

Miguel sighed, pulling out the research, "Anyway... According to what they sensed. The portal should be right..." he placed a hoof on the grass. "Here." he unfurled his wings, allowing himself to hover. He moved a hoof forward, feeling a strange ripple take his limb.

"Alright, that was easy." Peter said, now serious, "Once we go in, we're not leaving until we find Warren. He could probably tell us where Sloan and that Doc Ock fangirl are hiding out at."

"Simple plan. I like it. We'll get that son of a bitch to squeal." Kaine admitted.

"Jeez. Hardcore much, bro?" Ben wondered.

"We'll get him to talk, Kaine. Don't worry." Peter assured. He inhaled, jumping into the portal. Ben and Kaine also hopped in, while Miguel flew inside.


Spider-Mane landed face first onto the grass. He felt Scarlet Spider and First Spider tumble on top of him while Spider-Mane 2099 ascended, staying away from the tackled Spider. "Hardy har, you two." Peter said, rolling in his spot and forcing his clones off him.

Ben dusted himself off, "Where are we?"

"What the hell? It's Equestria?" Kaine noticed, seeing that they were all still ponies and not humans.

"Son of a glitch, he's right." Miguel said. "Did it even take us anywhere?"

Spider-Mane remained silent, looking around at the vegetation, 'Something about this feels familiar...' he thought. "I think it did." he saw Canterlot in the distance, "We should head there, maybe get some answers from the Princesses."

"Good idea." Ben said. "We gotta take the train though."

"Ugh. I've had enough of waiting. Let's just hop on top of one instead of going all the way to a station." Kaine grunted, "It'll get us there faster."

"Yeah. We should be near the tracks anyhow."

The four moved out of the forest, spotting tracks, and they heard the whistle of the Friendship Express. They each shot a webline at the side of the caboose, flipping themselves over it and placing a hoof on the roof. They used their adhesive abilities to stick, the train moving slow enough to do so.

Eventually, the Spiders made it to the stop. Spider-Mane read the sign, "What the hell? 'Neo Canterlot'?" he blurted out, seeing the name for the kingdom he's visited plenty of times before. 'Why would that be there?' he wondered.

"Hm. Strange to you too, huh? What the hell is going on?" the First Spider questioned.

Spider-Mane 2099 pointed ahead, "Let's just see if the Princesses can give us a shocking clue. So far... The only thing that is different is that some buildings look slightly more modern for their time."

The Spiders began their walk through the so-called Neo Canterlot, drawing attention to themselves.

"Whoa! Spider-Mane is back!"

"Who are the new guys?"

"Why is he here?"

Spider-Mane rubbed his head at hearing the comments. "Weird... I was just here two days ago. Hopefully we can get an answer soon."

"Good. It's weird being noticed like this. When last night, ponies just sorta shrugged off the fact we were clones." Scarlet Spider agreed.

"Hell. Even the castle looks different." First Spider pointed out. Spider-Mane placed a hoof on it, accidentally opening it. "Well, that just happened. Let's just break into a place like this and see what happens. That's a good plan."

"Uh, hello?" Peter ignored his clone.

The Spiders looked around, but paused as they heard hoofsteps coming their direction. "Who's in here?!" said someone. Peter gulped once the figure revealed themselves. It was a white coated mare with a purple and pink mane wearing a black skintight latex suit, and a blue gauntlet over a hoof.

"What the shock!? Sweetie Belle?" Spider-Mane 2099 questioned aloud.

Sweetie Belle glared at Miguel, "Who are you guys? How do you know me?" she turned to the familiar red and blue clad superhero standing next to them, "P-Peter?"

Spider-Mane remained silent, memories forming in his mind. "Huh? Yeah? S-Sweetie Belle?! Then that means..."

"Out with it, Parker! What the hell's going on?" Kaine shouted.

Gulping, Spider-Mane began to elaborate, "My experiment that opened the rifts... Led me to this timeline. But it wasn't like this at all. It's actually a lot better than when I left it."

"What do you mean?" asked Ben.

Future Sweetie gave the three a confused glance, "Uh, Peter. Who are these guys?"

"Oh, right. Future Sweetie; Meet Miguel O'Hara, the Spider-Man of 2099, Kaine, the First Spider, and Ben Reilly, the Scarlet Spider. Believe it or not, your younger self met them already."

Sweetie Belle nodded, "It's a pleasure to meet you three."

"Uh, same to you. Again." Ben replied.

The original hero shook his head, "Listen. Do you have that memory orb that was used on me before? You weren't there, I know. But I'm sure Celestia or Luna left something about it. It's about time I do something."

"Oh, that. We brought it here in the archives." Future Sweetie Belle explained.

"Don't worry, I got it."

Peter's eyes immediately went wide at the voice. He turned around, and saw a pink pony, with a long mane a shade darker, and a scar over her eye. She wore a black trench coat and a blue gauntlet as well. 'I-It can't be.' he thought at the sight of the familiar mare standing before him.

"Well, well. Guess you're not the only one to return from the grave." she teased, gently placing the orb on the ground.

"Pinkamena?" mumbled Spider-Mane. "You're alive!?"

"What the shock!? Pinkie too?" Miguel questioned.

Ben gave his doppelganger a confused glance, "What do you mean by, she's alive? What happened?"

"Never seen you guys before. But I overheard your discussion from the other end of the hall. As well as your shocking outbursts." Pinkamena said. "Why are they here? For that matter, why are you back here, Parker?"

"We're trying to stop a man named Walker Sloan from taking over Earth and Equestria across time. We've been chasing him, Doc Ock, and a few of his lackeys and have closed different rifts to his time." Ben explained briefly.

"That led us here." Kaine added. "We're searching for a nutcase named Miles Warren."

"Never heard of him." Pinkamena revealed, "Now... Why in Equestria do you need this?" she asked Peter, referring to the orb.

Peter sighed, "I want to show them what happened the first time I appeared in this timeline. And why I was so hesitant in bringing up this topic."