• Published 26th Nov 2011
  • 1,786 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria Is Not Enough - Canon Fodder



Twilight, AJ, and Dash must go against all odd's to defeat their most dangerous enemy yet.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,786

Chapter 17: The Truth Will Be Found

Chapter 17 The Truth Will Be Found

"So kid, what can you tell me about your sister Applejack?" Asked Comet.

Applebloom sat in a chair across from Comet with her hooves crossed, "I ain't tellin you nothin!"

Comet levitated her by the shoulders, getting very agitated, "Listen you little brat! When I ask a question, you answer it correctly got it?"

The little Apple pushed away from him and Comet dropped her back in the chair. He trotted to his desk, sat down and sipped his drink, "I hate kids..."

-----

"Shush!" Twilight whispered as she and the girls crept through the palace.

Applejack looked around puzzled, "Where do we go from here ya'll?"

"Were going to find Comet and force him to tell us what's going on..." Answered Twilight.

"And just how are we going to do that? We don't even know where he is." Rainbow muttered softly.

Twilight rolled her eyes, "That's why I'm looking for some kind of map or blueprints. I know I seen some before we escaped the first time. I think I seen one at the top of the stairs when we ran from that laboratory."

"Well what are we waitin fer? Let's go!" AJ exclaimed quietly.

They proceeded, sneaking through narrow hallways and being only able to evade guards by escaping into empty rooms and other crevices they could find. They hid from one guard and fled into a room where they seen construction for what looked like jail cells. The guard soon passed and they moved on. But as when they left the room. They didn't notice the guard had hid in the room next to them and waited for them to leave. He snuck up behind the girls slowly and went to activate his N-Tech. He began to silently twist the metal ring to bring out the poisonous needle. Applejack was behind Rainbow and Twilight and heard him but tried not to bring it up. She kept trotting as if she didn't notice him. The canine seemed confident in himself as he extended the syringe out and got into a comfortable position for an attack. Then he raised his paw carefully and slammed down as fast and as strong as he could. Expecting this, Applejack swiftly bucked his knee. The canine let out a painful cry and fell to the ground clenching his leg. Twilight and Rainbow were startled as they turned around and seen AJ leap on top of the downed guard. She punched the dog in his jaw and went to break his front leg with the N-Tech. The mutt violently struggled and swung his paw in a pendulum motion, trying to stab Applejack in the side. She leaned back quickly and dodged the kill shot. This gave her the chance and she grabbed a hold of his paw and leaned it in towards his neck, with the needle at his throat. The dog was trying to get the advantage but Applejacks grip on his paw was too tight. The canine tempts her to kill him, "...Go ahead...Finish me!"

Applejack smiled at him cleverly, "Ladies get over here!...Now how about you tell me where we can find Comet. We have a few questions we'd like to ask em."

The dog laughed painfully, "You'll have to kill me, I'm not speaking."

Applejack pulled his leg the wrong way, striking harsh pain through his body, "Where is he I said?"

In anguishing pain he explained, "You really don't understand do you? Even if I do tell you, Nova's just going to have me killed so what does it matter if I'm killed now or later?"

AJ continued to apply pressure and twisted his leg, ready to break it, "I'm only givin you jus one more chance to speak up."

He scoffed again, "There's nothing you can do or say that'll make me talk."

Applejack frowned at him and went to jab the neuro-toxin in through his throat, "Have it your way..."

Twilight quickly pulled back Applejack's hoof, "AJ wait! What if I told you that we can assure that you'll live."

The dog strained and smiled, "Your crazy, there's no way you can beat Nova."

"Yes there is. Just tell us what we want to know, and you'll be safe..." Twilight added assuringly.

"Oh Ok, you go first if your so confident in yourself." The dog mocked.

Applejack twisted his leg again, "AH! Alright, alright! His office is on the top floor of the north tower."

Rainbow looked skeptical, "Hmm That was easy..."

"That was kinda easy...Why'd you tell us?" Asked AJ.

The guard began to relax, "Are you kidding? I'll do anything to get out of Nova's army. I'm too afraid to resign without having the feeling I'll be killed if I do..."

Twilight nodded, "I understand. If your serious about this, thank you. We do have a plan but you'll have to help us. But, how can we trust you?"

He looked up at Twilight, "Well, I can help you free some of the prisoners?"

"That, and you give us this lil gadget you got here." Applejack demanded.

He nodded willingly, "Deal, just get off me before someone shows up."

Applejack looked at Twilight for approval. She nodded and AJ got off the guard, while detaching the N-Tech, "Here Twi, you take this and hold on to it...Sorry about your knee."

The guard got up and brushed himself off thoroughly, "It's alright...Names Aspen. I'm guessing you three are...(He points to each of the girls as he names them) Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle right?"

They all nodded smiling. He explained, "You got no worries about me turning you guys in. I'm with you all the way on stopping Nova Sparks. I'll lead you guys to the prisoners and show you where the upstairs is. Come on."

The girls sighed with relief and trotted along with Aspen. Rainbow flew up next to him, "Wait a minute, couldn't you tell us where Nova is?"

He shook his head, "I can't tell you that. There was only a hundred hoof picked guards that got to go with him in the Supernova. That's what he calls his ship. I'm sure Comet knows though. He's Nova's number three, well probably number four. Trixie took his spot..."

The name caused the girls to halt, "What's wrong?" Aspen wondered.

Twilight approached the question, "Did...you say Trixie?"

Aspen nodded, "Yeah I did. She's a blue mare with a silvery blue mane. You know her?"

Rainbow rubbed her forehead, "Let's just say we've crossed paths with her before. Uhh Just what is she doing anyway?"

"She apparently had a plan in trapping you guys. I never heard it but I'd be aware of it if I were you." He warned.

Applejack assured, "Don't worry. As soon as we get our friends freed, we'll be taking care of Nova as soon as possible."

Aspen thought for minute, "Your friends? Do there happen to be four of em? A yellow Pegesus, a pink Earth pony, a white Unicorn and a dragon?"

Twilight nodded suspiciously, "Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Uh I don't know how to tell you this girls, but Nova took them with him." He said nervously.

"WHAT?!" they all reacted angerly.

Aspen hushed them down, "Calm down, you'll get us caught!" he whispered.

"What do you mean Nova took them?" Rainbow whispered loudly.

"Don't ask me, I'm only a common guard here. Remember these are questions you should ask Comet." The canine responded abruptly.

The girls slowly nodded and agreed as they continued along the way with Aspen. They soon came a door with a security system installed, "This is the place." Aspen said, inputting a code.

The door opened and the girls rushed in as they seen over fifty prisoners. All dirty and bruised from Nova's abusive power. The crowd of inmates soon noticed them and they cheered and applauded the three for their great return. Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack went around, shaking the hooves of the prisoners through the cell bars, "Don't worry guys we'll have you outta here as soon as possible." Twilight assured happily.

Applejack turned to Aspen, "Ya'll think you can open the cell door now?"

He was still fiddling with the security locked door, "Yeah...Just gimme a second to lock this again...Got it. Ok coming."

Aspen approached the cell door and juggled a series of keys on a large metal ring, "Alright folks before I open the door, don't attack me. I am on your side. Alright?"

The prisoners agreed and Aspen went to unlock the cell. As soon as he turned the key, a flood of ponies surged through the gate and surrounded the girls. Some were ecstatic, some were kissing them, some were crying. Nonetheless, they were all happy to be liberated...Except one pony, "Applejack! APPLEJACK!" The voice cried out fearfully with a pitiful tone.

AJ dispersed some of the crowd around her to make a path to the scared voice. She pushed her way through the ponies to find Granny Smith who embraced her within sight, "Granny Smith?! What are you doing here?"

The elder was panicking as she continued to hug her granddaughter, "They took Applebloom! They took her somewhere! A yellow Unicorn was leading them! (She began to break down crying) The farm is gone...They burned it down...They took Applebloom..."

Applejack was frozen in shock momentarily. She slowly lowered her head down into her grandmothers shoulder, "It's goin to be alright Granny...I'll take care of this..." She whispered.

She turned to Twilight with a look of passionate anger, "Ya'll stay here with Granny..."

Rainbow was confused, "Why Applejack?"

AJ fixed her hat, "Cuz I'm goin after this Comet myself!"

Twilight got nervous, "Your not serious are you?"

Applejack nodded, "Of course I'm serious! That colts got MY lil sis up there. I'm goin up alone whether you like it or not!"

Rainbow stepped forward to talk to her but Twilight held her hoof out in front of her, "No Rainbow...There's no talking her out of it."

Twilight reached into her saddlebag and tossed Applejack a mirror and the N-Tech, "You'll need these...Good luck."

Aspen placed the gadget around her hoof and she put the mirror in her bag, "Ya'll figure out a plan while I'm gone and if I'm not back within an hour...Send help. (She turned to Aspen) Where's the stairs?"

Aspen opened the door and looked out first to make sure there was no one around. He turned back around and held the door open. Facing AJ, he tilted his head to the right, which was Applejacks left, "Down that way, you'll go pass five more doors on the left, then you'll walk in the sixth door. Continue going straight until you get to the end of that hallway and take the last door on that right and you'll see the stairwell. It goes directly up to Comets office, there's no other doors except the one to his office...You got that?"

Applejack kept a serious look on her face, staring onword, "Got it...Thank you Aspen."

With that, Applejack left the room and Aspen shut the door behind her. She proceeded along her way and thought to herself, "You've crossed the line for last time! You brainwash my brother? You chase us out of our freedom? You burn down Sweet Apple Acres and imprison my family just to get to me? Well I'll tell ya one thing Comet...This is one Apple, you shouldn't have picked..."

-----

"Your sister is in big trouble, and you will be too if you don't tell me where she is..." Comet threatened angerly.

Applebloom didn't answer and just stared at him. Comet rolled his eyes, "This is getting tiring..."

"What did ya do to Big Macintosh?" Applebloom asked abruptly.

Comet looked at her and his golden horn sparkled in the light reflecting off his white cape, "He works for me now. Nothing will make him change his mind."

He knelt down next to her and laughed, "Tell me something kid...Has your brother always been as stupid as he looked?"

Applebloom glared at him even harder with a crossed look, "Don't you ever call him or any of our family stupid!"

With that, she jumped off the seat and kicked Comets leg. Comet fell back against the wall and held on to his damaged leg. Then he used his magic and flung the young filly against the wall. Applebloom bounced off and landed on the ground like a ragdoll. Comet trotted up to her body and stared at her, "Your pathetic you know that? You think your a threat to me? Your just as worthless as your sister. Nothing but another hillbilly family failure..."

The small one took great offense to the insult, "Don't you EVER talk about my family like that!"

Applebloom bit on to Comets leg. The golden colt thrashed his leg around, and tried to loosen her grip. But she held on as she wrapped her hooves around his leg, "AH! Let go of my bucking leg!"

Comet continued to fling himself around until he got fed up and this time without magic, flung his leg against the wall, knocking Applebloom away in a dazed as she fell to the ground again, whimpering. Comet smirked deviously.

At this time, Applejack made it to the stairwell. She gasped as she recognized Appleblooms cries as it echoed down the tower, and began to climb her way up quickly, "I'm comin sis. Yer big sisters comin..."

Comet kicked her violently and the filly groaned in pain, "So you think your tough do ya kid? I'll teach you to respect me!"

Applebloom cried out in terror, "Somepony help me! For the love of Celestia somepony help me!"

"SHUT UP!" Comet exclaimed angerly as he kicked again.

Applejack's heart sank as she was half way up the stairs, and heard Appleblooms terrifying plea, "It'll all be over soon Applebloom, I'm comin fer you." She thought to herself.

Comet mocked her, "Where's Applejack huh? Where's Big Macintosh? Face the cruel facts you brat. Your sister left you!"

Through her tears, Applebloom denied the statement, "Applejack would never do that...Never!"

Comet kicked her yet again and the horrified filly moaned in agony. Applejack had at last made it to the top of the stairwell and hauled out her mirror, stood behind the closed door and got ready to intercept.

Comet trotted over to his desk and opened a drawer to levitate a pair of scissors. He slowly approach Applebloom with them, "Nova always taught me, if someone is withholding important information, you humiliate them..."

He bent down and used his hooves to forcefully hold Applebloom against her will, "Say good-bye to your mane, kid..."

Finally without a moment to lose, Applejack bucked down the door and held her mirror with her hooves out in front of her, "Yer times up Comet...You've messed with the wrong mare!"

Applebloom looked up and felt liberated, "Applejack! I just knew you'd come back!"

Comet quickly got off Applebloom and stood up, but threatened her as he restrained Applebloom and levitated the scissor across her throat, "Well well...What a big happy family reunion. Where's your friends?"

Applejack locked eyes with the corrupt mad pony, "That's not important right now...Let my lil sister go and tell me where Nova is now!"

The golden steed laughed cynically, "Nova's gone to complete project: meteor. Your too late Applejack...Nova will succeed and you, and your friends will be killed..."

AJ wasn't shook, "I wouldn't be too sure about that...I've come to take you out Comet. Yer finished."

She went to trot forward but Comet fastened the scissors, "Come any closer and I'll slit her neck!"

For her sisters life, Applejack stepped back. Comet shook his head, "It's no use...You can't win. It's just a matter of time until my security gets here and you'll be ceased...Nova will be glad to hear that I've gotten rid of you."

"After I'm done with you, Nova's next." AJ assured.

Comet smirked arrogantly, "Applejack?"

She continued to stare into his eyes, "What?"

He clopped his hooves and Applejack stood there confused for a moment. Suddenly, she's struck in the back and collapsed on the ground in pain. She turned over and gasped when she found out her attacker...was Big Macintosh. Comet picked Applebloom up with the scissors still threatening her, "I have a feeling you two know each other?"

Big Macintosh stared at Applejack with a tranced look on his face, he wore the white armour and had an N-Tech on his hoof. Applejack was shocked, "Big Macintosh...It's me...Applejack! Don't ya recognize me?"

The red stallion stood there momentarily in a daze then tuned back in, "Nnope! What should I do sir?"

Comet smiled and backed towards a large window behind his desk, still keeping Applebloom hostage, "Well what do you think? Kill her!"

Big Mac then reached behind himself and grabbed a hold of an axe that was fastened on the wall, "Eeyup!"

He lifted the axe and slammed went to slam it down on Applejack. With seconds to spare, she leaped away from the attack and backed away from Big Macintosh who slowly trotted towards her with the axe in his mouth. Applejack tried to talk sense into him, "Big Mac fer Celestia's sake, open your eyes! Yer bein brainwashed!"

Macintosh managed to corner his sister and took the weapon from his mouth. He propped up on his back hooves again with the axe fixed with his front and looked at AJ with his cold eyes, "I am committed to Comet and will remain loyal to Nova Sparks. Nothin you can say'll change my mind..."

He swung the axe again and Applejack ducked out of the way. She began to tear up and slowly raised her hoof with the N-Tech on it, the laser ready to fire, "Don't make me do this big brother...Don't make shoot you...I don't want to do that..."

Big Macintosh ignored her threat and continued to sloth his way over with the axe in his mouth again. Comet thought to himself, "How pitiful."

Spitting the axe out again, he grabbed it with his front hooves and leaped with his back, thrusting himself towards AJ. She just managed to evade the attack, although Big Mac happened to cut a few strands from her tail, "Alright...You asked for it..."

Applejack raised her hoof against Big Macintosh and lifted her other hoof to activate the laser. Applebloom cried out, "No Applejack! Don't do it!"

Following her little sisters pleading, Applejack broke down crying and kneeled before Macintosh, "Fine!...Go ahead and kill me..."

Comet smirked even harder, "Yes..."

Macintosh hesitated for a second, showing a look of confusion, then began to slowly raise the axe again. He got it halfway up and momentarily stopped again. Comet was getting impatient, "Kill her dammit!"

That reaction broke the red pony back into concentration and he nodded at his masters command. He tried to lift the axe again but struggled to get it up as he still looked perplexed and began to reconsider, "Uhhh Should I really do this Comet?"

Comets smile was gone and he mocked Big Mac, "E...Yup! I said KILL HER!"

Applejack looked up one more time, "You just remember one thing big brother, where ever you are...I love you..."

Big Macintosh was losing focus and couldn't lift the axe, "Sir I can't..."

"DO IT!"

Macintosh strained but forced himself to raise the axe sky high. AJ remained sitting in tears, Applebloom looked away out of fear, Comets smile reappeared, and Big Mac proceeded to slam the axe down...There was impact......

-----

"You MISSED you stupid mule!" Comet angerly exclaimed.

In the middle of the room, laid Applejack still alive, an axe embedded in the floorboards, and Big Macintosh on the ground with his hooves around his sister. He consoled his younger sibling, "I'm sorry...I'was aware of everythin that was goin on. He had such a grip on my mind, that I couldn't resist. Please forgive me Applejack..."

Applejack looked up at her brother smiling and hugged him back, "I already have...It wasn't yer fault...I'm glad yer back."

Macintosh smiled back and looked up at Comet, "Yer game's over Com...Hey where'd he go?"

They quickly stood up and looked around. Applejack noticed, "Applebloom's gone too!"

Big Mac pointed to the window with widend eyes, "There! The windows open!"

They quickly rushed over and looked out and around the huge window and noticed the sun was soon going to rise and that Comet was scaling the around the edge of the outside of the tower while still holding Applebloom hostage. Big Mac pushed Applejack out of the way, "I'm goin out there."

AJ held him back, "No wait! I got an idea."

She took a length of rope from her saddlebag and leaned her head out the window, looking up. Big Mac wondered, "Where'd you get that rope?"

While unraviling it, she answered, "Got it downstairs before I got to the tower...Gimme a second."

She quickly ran over to the axe, pulled it from the floor and tied the rope around it. She leaned back out the window, holding the rope in her mouth. She spoke through her teeth, "Big Mac, hold on to ma hooves..."

"Eeyup!" He answered.

Macintosh clenched on to her back hooves as she leaned back, facing the roof. AJ tossed the axe as far as she could, trying to get the axe to hook on to the roof. Sure enough it dug into something as Applejack tugged on the rope and it stablized. She climbed back in, "Alright. You follow after me. Were goin to catch him by surprise."

Her brother nodded and Applejack grabbed on to the rope and carefully climbed out on the outside wall of the tower. She almost lost her hat but she grabbed it back without a moment to spare, "Boy howdy that wind is kinda strong. Don't look down." She whispered.

Big Mac laughed quietly, "Got no worries bout that."

After Applejack reached the top, Big Mac proceeded, "C'mon up big brother."

Applejack tightened the grip of the axe in the roof...Then suddenly she was struck from behind, "You thought you could out smart me?"

Comet had gotten there before them. He turned AJ over and got on top of her, repeatedly hitting her in the head, "This is for all the TROUBLE you caused me..."

He looked psychotic as he began to choke her while leaning her head over the edge, "I owe you an unpleasant death Miss Applejack!"

"Let go of my sister!" Applebloom screamed as she jumped on Comets back.

Comet ignored the screaming filly. The tower roof was not very big. It was cone-shaped with a small slant. Applebloom tried to counter choke Comet but she was too weak. The demented colt continued in crushing Applejacks throat, "After I'm done with you...Your little sister is next!"

Big Macintosh realized the situation and tried to hurry, "Hold on girls! I'll be right up!"

Comet tried to use his magic to release the axe but Applebloom stopped him by covering the horn with her hooves, "Oh No you don't! Big Macintosh hurry!"

Comet started shaking his head, trying to shake the filly off his horn. The little one clung on for Big Macs life. While distracted by Applebloom, AJ managed to get leverage underneath herself and shove Comet off of her, causing Applebloom to lose her grip and fall off as well. While getting up, Applejack kicked Comet and also tried to get on top of him. Instead, Comet wrapped his hooves around her and they began rolling about the top of the tower, coming close to the edge. Comet tried to break free and crawled over to flick the axe off the roof. Applejack did not let him by biting his front leg when he went for it. Comet hollered in pain and attempted to loosen her grip. Big Macintosh was halfway up and struggling to climb as he felt tired from swinging that axe around. Comet hit AJ in the head with his other hoof and knocked her head away from his leg. He tried to reach for the axe again but Applebloom was there to kick him in the face. He got back up and tried to shoot Applebloom with his horn but got bucked by Applejack who was quick to get to her hooves. Comet sprang back and almost rolled off the edge on the other side, but he was just able to catch himself. He quickly crawled over to the axe but his intentions were foiled again as Applejack pulled him back by the hooves. Applejack climbed on his back and held him down, then attempted to break the horn. Comet took offense and heated his horn like a fire with magic. AJ released her grip quickly and tried to choke him out while stretching his head back. Being at a disadvantage, he ignored the pain and slowly crawled towards the axe. Closer and closer, he faded further and further. Only an inch away from the handle Applebloom stepped in again and pulled his leg away. Comet was finally fed up with her and blasted her with a shot from his horn. Applebloom was flung across the roof and fell off the edge, holding on by one hoof, "HELP ME!"

Applejack released her grip and jumped to save her, "Applebloom!"

Taking the opportunity Comet got up and reached for the axe at last. AJ hauled her sister up...But it was too late. She turned around and Comet was there, with white shining eyes and a gleaming horn. Applejack embraced her sister. Comet cackled and kicked the axe off the roof. AJ lowered her head and shivered in fear. Comet approached them and noticed the sun just above the horizon, "Say hello to Celestia for me..."

He laughed again and Applejack kissed her sister and whipsered, "It'll all be over soon...I love you."

Ready to shoot, Comet said his farewells arrogantly, "Good-bye Applejack! I wi...."

"NOOO!"

Climbing up from where the golden colt climbed, Big Macintosh leaped forward and checked into Comet, both of them knocking over and about to roll off. At the last second, Applejack leaped to catch Big Mac. The two fell over the edge and AJ managed to catch her brother by the back hooves. He dangled...Holding on to Comets back leg. Comet looked down and seen the violent sea below him. He breathed heavily and looked back up at Big Macintosh with a nervous grin and attempted to revive his hypnotized state, "...For Nova Big Mac?..."

Without delay, he shook his head with a serious look, "Nnope...For Berry Punch, and the Mayor..."

Comet tried to reach for him but then Macintosh let go, and Comet plunged to his death, screaming all the way down. He accelerated rapidly and crashed into the rough sea below Canterlot. Applejack sighed in happy relief and hauled her brother up...The Colt with the Golden Horn, was no more. Applebloom hugged her sister, "Where to now Applejack?"

AJ smiled and looked at her siblings, "Next stop...the Canyon."

-----

Meanwhile Twilight, Rainbow, Aspen, and the liberated ponies were sitting around, waiting for Applejack. Rainbow Dash had been watching the clock on the wall, and noticed that her hour was up. She alerted Twilight and Aspen, "Alright, let's go!"

"What is it Rainbow?" Twilight asked.

The Pegesus put her hooves on Twilights shoulders, "It's been an hour...I'm worried about Applej..."

There was a knock on the door. Aspen hushed everypony incase there was a guard outside. He quietly told the crowd to slowly return to the cell. The Equestrians complied and Twilight and Rainbow were sure to stay behind the crowd to remain hidden from any other guards. Aspen walked to the door and inputted the security code. He took a deep breath and opened the door...Applejack trotted in, with Applebloom and Big Macintosh, "Mission accomplished!"

The crowd erupted and rushed out of the cage, surrounding the Apple family. Granny Smith reunited with her grandchildren and they hugged each other for the longest time. Everypony stomped and clopped as Aspen smiled and shut the door. Twilight and Rainbow joined the group hug. AJ broke away from the moment and took Twilight and Aspen aside, "What is it AJ?"

Applejack removed a document from her saddlebag and gave it to Twilight, "Is there anyway to address Canterlot?"

Aspen nodded, "I could probably set something up. What is it?"

Twilight nodded at the question, "Yeah what did you find Applejack?"

Applejack sighed, "It's the truth...We have to let em know the truth."

[...To be continued]