• Published 26th Nov 2011
  • 1,785 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria Is Not Enough - Canon Fodder



Twilight, AJ, and Dash must go against all odd's to defeat their most dangerous enemy yet.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,785

Chapter 1: The Visitor

Chapter 1: The Visitor

For centuries, Princess Celestia had been the great and respected leader of Equestria. Ruling with the up most supremacy. A gallant leader that everypony loved. She brought nourishment, harmony, and the morning sun all across the land.

But throughout the years, there have been adversaries with a view for the throne. Ruthless enemies that cared less of what any other pony felt. It was about looking out for number 1, and their world. Enemies with powerful magic that could shake the Earth and egos that seemed to tower the mountains. Although somewhere in those scheming minds and cold hearts, lied their fatal weaknesses that crushed their plans to take control. Flaws that Celestia took advantage of to defeat her foes. This and many more reasons are why the Princess was honored the way she was, especially on days as festive as the one soon approaching.

In the small town of Ponyville, the residents prepared for the birthday of their beloved Princess. This also happened to be the day of her official coronation hundreds of years ago, and would be celebrated in one weeks time at the Celestia's palace in the Equestrian capital of Canterlot City. Everypony in Ponyville, and even some from other rural communities, ordered their formal ensemble from Carousel Boutique which gave Rarity a great boost for her business. The catering was mainly organized by the Apple family as well as the Cakes and Pinkie Pie from Sugar Cube Corner.

Meanwhile Fluttershy was also hard at work, preparing her famed bird choir to serenade the Princess next week. Rainbow Dash and the other Pegasus ponies were informed to keep all skies cleared as well as to spread the word to the surrounding communities of her Majesty's grand celebration.

Then finally there was Twilight Sparkle. The faithful student of Celestia who was made head honcho of the party planning, which resulted in her to become profoundly stressed more than ever before. Even though it was still a week away, and even though she had a lot done, she still insisted that everypony never halt and be ahead of the schedule as much as possible. But for her that would be impossible. Most times her personal assistant Spike would find himself telling her to sit down and take it easy for a while. But she wouldn't stop until everything was absolutely perfect.

After a long morning of running around and constant bickering, Spike finally convinced Twilight to take at least today off to spend it at the spa. Twilight figured it would be boring to go alone, "Hmm...I think going by myself wouldn't very interesting, although I could go over the party plans while I'm there." The purple pony said as she lifted the checklist with her magical horn.

"Twilight!" Spike exclaimed as he yanked it away.

"You said you'd take the day off. That means NO work...You gotta admit Twi. You have been overworking lately."

Twilight yawned and willingly agreed, "Yeah I suppose your right, after all it's still a week away right?"

She chuckled nervously, "I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask Rarity if she wanted to go too. She's probably worked out as well. Plus I don't think she'd say no to a well needed afternoon of grooming and relaxation."

Spike assured, "Don't worry Twilight, I'll fill in for you if I need to. I want you to be completely relaxed and relieved."

"Aww Thanks Spike." Twilight smiled warmly.

"Plus your giving ME a headache with your complaining!" he exclaimed.

"...Well I still thought the banner was too lop-sided." Twilight added.

"You have a week Twilight! A weeks not going to go that fast. Especially the way your stressing me out. It feels like you take forever making up your mind." Spike explained with his hand on his forehead.

Twilight stuck her head up proudly, "What? I just want it to be perfect. This is one of my most important assignments. No, this is THE most important assignment and I don't want to fail the Princess."

The purple pony headed for the door, "I'm going to see if Rarity wants to go with me to the spa. I'll be back later."

Spike waved, "See you Twi!"

Twilight Sparkle exited the library and began to make her way down to Carousel Boutique where hopefully she would find Rarity taking a break.

-----

As she was passing the town square, she had noticed a pony whom she hadn't seen before. She raised her hoof to her forehead to get the sun out of her eyes. She seen that it was a stallion. An Earth pony who trotted down the road looking attentively at his gadget on his front hoof. It looked like a watch. He was a tall, brown steed, with a medium length, snow white mane, and an average length white tail. He wore a saddlebag over his flank so his cutie-mark was unable to be seen. Twilight figured he was nothing but a tourist who came to town early before the big crowds came in. She decided to move on. When she later arrived at Carousel Boutique, she was pleased to find that the long line of customers that had previously been there had disappeared at last. Twilight opened the door and called out to her, "Rarity are you here? It's Twilight!" she hollered.

She trotted by Rarity's room and found her relaxed on the bed, reading her newest edition of the Canterlot Weekly (A high class magazine Rarity liked to Ahhh and Oooo over), "Ahh There you are." Twilight said happily.

Rarity glanced over startled, "Oh Hello Twilight, I didn't see you there. Can I help you?"

Twilight laughed, "Oh Rarity you look like you could use a good break. I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the Spa with me. Spike kinda kicked me out to go enjoy myself, but I thought going alone wouldn't be very fun. Whattaya say?"

Rarity jumped up with excitement and immediately agreed, "Oh Absolutely! I would love to take the rest of this day to get the well needed care my poor hooves need from being on them all morning."

Twilight chuckled, "I knew you wouldn't resist. Come on lets go."

Rarity pondered, "Do you think we could quickly drop off a suit to a client. I mean I might as well since it's on the way over there."

"Sure why not." Twilight shrugged.

Rarity grabbed the elegant, decorated box with her clients suit within, and they both happily trotted out the door. Along their way to the Spa, they talked about their preparations, "So Twilight, how are you coming along with your speech for the Princess?" Rarity asked.

Twilight sighed with relief, "Finally finished it last night, Now I'm just trying to get everypony organized for the party. I've arranged a press conference tomorrow at the town square."

"Well if anypony knows how to organize, it's you!" Rarity complemented.

Twilight blushed, "Thanks Rarity, I feel much better already. Spike has been bugging me the last few days to get out of the library and enjoy myself so I guess one day couldn't hurt. Although It's straight back to work tomorrow."

"As am I. Applejack informed me that many of her relatives and the other residents from Appleloosa are coming into town and she said they were looking to get themselves some new attires. Not to be mean or anything but being from a town of such...limited fashion sense, I can't imagine that crowd with the most attractive attire." Rarity stated awkwardly.

"Well they ARE on the very far west end of Equestria. That's a long way from any tailor." Twilight laughed.

She nodded gracefully, "Ah Very true."

They continued to make their way down the road to Rarity's customer and as they passed Sugar Cube Corner, Twilight noticed that the tourist she had seen before in the town square was there again. Rarity noticed him as well, "Who is that? I've never seen him before."

"I think he's just a tourist, probably from a city like Fillydelphia." Said Twilight sounding very mundane and unimpressed.

Rarity on the other hoof was instantly intrigued, "He does look very handsome. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to just acquaint ourselves."

The look in her eyes wasn't hard to read. She found him very appealing. Twilight rolled her eyes, "Come on Rarity, he's just a visitor."

The persistent white mare pushed on, "Oh Don't be silly Twilight Sparkle. You know your becoming more and more like Fluttershy everyday. You gotta know how mingle and socialize like I do...Observe."

Twilight sighed, "Ok but only for a little bit. I wanna get to the Spa."

They approached the dashing colt and Rarity spoke first of course, "Hello there. My name is Ms. Rarity and this is my good friend Twilight Sparkle. We would like to welcome you, our fellow visitor to Ponyville. What may I ask is your name good sir?"

The brown pony was hesitate to respond for a moment but soon eagerly said, "Good afternoon Ms. Rarity, Ms. Sparkle, I'm Mr. Buckingham...Bradshaw Buckingham."

He spoke with a charming country accent and Rarity was impressed, "Oooh Such an elegant name and such a wonderful accent! May I ask where your from?" Rarity questioned as her face told a story of a small filly in a candy store.

Twilight rolled her eyes again and sighed. Mr. Buckingham grinned, "Thank you kindly and of course. I come from the wonderful metropolis of New Buck City but I'm originally from the southern side as you can probably tell."

Rarity expressed a charmed giggle, "Oh It must be extraordinary! You know we were just on our way down the road, maybe you'd like t--"

Twilight chuckled nervously and cut in, "I'm terribly sorry, but we're running late for an important date. Are you here for Princess Celestia's Birthday Ceremony?"

"Why yes I a--"

She interrupted again, "Perfect, then how about you stop by the town square tomorrow around noon? I'm giving a press conference on it tomorrow."

"I suppose I will Ms. Sparkle. Thank you very much." He smiled dashingly.

Bradshaw went over to Rarity and held her hoof and gave it a kiss. Rarity blushed, "Oh Mr. Buckingham your such a gentlecolt!" she grinned.

Twilight facehooved. "I'll see you around fillies." Said the brown steed as he trotted away, leaving Rarity completely dazzled and obviously infatuated.

"Come on Rarity were going to be late. You can get so caught up in things sometimes." Twilight laughed.

"I was only being trying to be polite to our guest Twilight. There's nothing wrong with a little conversation." Rarity said as she flicked back her mane.

Twilight shook her head and they both continued down the road to Rarity's client, and the spa, Sparkle hoped.

-----

They soon arrived at the local clinic of Dr. Whooves. They walked through his office door and Rarity delivered the tailored suit then quickly moved. Afterwards they finally got to the Spa, and of course Rarity asked for her usual which involved a mud bath, manicure, pedicure, massage, face mask, "The Works". Twilight just wanted a stress relieving back massage. All through the session, Rarity kept rambling on about Mr. Buckingham, "Oh wasn't he such a handsome stallion?"

"Oh Rarity you just met him. You don't know anything personal about him except that he's from New Buck City." Twilight corrected.

"I know enough Twilight. I can read ponies like him. He's an absolute gentlecolt. Probably runs his own business in a big city like that. But anywho, I know who I'm asking to the next Gala!." Rarity exclaimed smiling.

Twilight sighed and laughed, "You'll never change, Rarity."

-----

Later that afternoon, she and Twilight went separate way and Twi decided to go down to see how Applejack had been getting along with her apple bucking for the party. She trotted down and came to see that she was still bucking away at her apples (then again she always was). But because of the amount of apple crates that were around her barn, Twilight figured it was for the catering. She approached the busy Applejack, "Hey AJ. Hows it going?"

Applejack halted for a moment and wiped the sweat from her head, "Oh Hay Twilight. I'm doin mighty fine, what are you up to?"

She shrugged and smiled, "Nothing at all. Spike took my clipboard away from me and told me to take the day off. I was with Rarity for most of the day."

Applejack laughed and panted, "Well yer jus in time Twi. It's about feedin time now. Ya'll come in for a feed."

"Oh I don't want to impose." Twilight grinned shyly.

"No trouble at all. C'mon in sugar cube. Granny Smith made her delicious apple pie." Insisted Applejack.

Twilight chuckled at first but soon gave in, "...Sure I'll have a little bit."

-----

Later in the evening, Applejack told Twilight she'd be accompanying her back into town on account that she had to deliver a crate of apples to the Cakes. On the way, Twilight told AJ of Rarity's interests over the new stallion in town, Buckingham. Applejack cracked up, "Oh Boy howdy, That's Rarity for ya, she sure is the one to take interest quickly. She should think about this first. I remember she wasn't very fond of that Prince Blueblood after the Gala last year."

"She'll never change Applejack. This will all blow over by tomorrow. She'll be too busy designing clothes for your relatives. Speaking of which, when are you expecting the train in?" Twilight asked.

"Probably around 8am...I hope Rarity don't go getting herself into trouble again." AJ said with concern.

"I wouldn't worry about it. Mr. Buckingham's only a tourist after all. This is only a temporary thing." Twilight assured.

After some more of the gossip over Rarity, they soon arrived at Sugar Cube Corner. Applejack tipped her hat and waved her on, "Well this is where we part ways fer now partner."

Twilight nodded and yawned, "Yeah it's been a long day. I better get back to the library and get some sleep. Another busy day ahead tomorrow. So I'll see you at the town square at noon?"

AJ grinned, "Yeah don't worry I'll be there. I might be little late though. Have to get the family settled away and all." She explained.

Twilight smiled back at her, "Oh If your too busy don't worry about it, I'll understand."

Applejack re-assured, "I'll be there Twi, you know I will."

Twilight nodded, "Ok AJ. See you tomorrow!"

They waved back to each other and Twilight headed for home. On her way back she pondered about her jam-packed schedule tomorrow. Then not paying any attention to anything that was in front of her, she bumped into a pony who was trotting down the road. It was Buckingham again.

The southerner got up and extended his hoof out to Twilight, "Oooh My apologizes...Ms. Sparkle, pleasure meetin you again."

Twilight looked up and smiled nervously, "Hello Mr. Buckingham. What are you doing out here in the cold?"

"Well I was just heading back over to my hotel. Hey, would you like to join me?" The brown steed asked as he helped her up.

Sparkle thought about it, then figured why not, "Sure, it's on my way home anyways."

The two ponies trotted along the way side by side to Bradshaw's hotel and he made conversation with her, "Hey do you think you could give me the rundown on the Princess's ceremony? I ain't sure if I can make tomorrows get together at the town square."

Twilight smiled confidently and nodded, "Of course!"

-----

As they trotted down the road, Twilight gave him the quick skim of the plans, "So first the ceremonies going to be held at the Princess's Palace Lawn in Canterlot. It'll open with my friend Fluttershy's chirping bird choir. My other friends Pinkie Pie and Applejack are handling the catering and remaining party plans. Rarity, who you met today is putting together everypony's suits and dresses...You may want to check with her about that. The Pegesi like my friend Rainbow Dash are going to be keeping the skies clear and finally, the party is going to be next week, Saturday beginning at 11am. There will be a blimp ready to make trips and take guests up to Canterlot two nights before and--"

Bradshaw cut her off as they approached his hotel, "Thank you very kindly Ms. Twilight, I mean Sparkle. That's all I really needed to know. You take care now. Maybe we'll bang into each other again sometime. Give Ms. Rarity my greetins for me. Good night."

He trotted off into the building and Twilight rolled her eyes again as he mentioned Rarity but remained courteous and kindly replied, "Your welcome Mr. Buckingham. See you around!"

She yawned again, "Oh My I'm getting tired. Time to go home."

The purple, drowsy pony headed off to the library to go rest up for tomorrow. Going home relaxed as she was going to be. But for Spikes sake, He hoped it would be enough.

-----

Meanwhile as Bradshaw Buckingham went into his room of the hotel, he locked the door behind him. Then took off his saddlebag and laid it on the bed, exposing his cutie-mark. It was very unusual. It was the letter "R" with a white unicorn horn and a gold star at the pointed end of it. The mark was very unique. He opened the door again to assure nopony was around then he locked the door behind him a second time. He lifted his right hoof with the gadget which still appeared to be a simple watch, towards his mouth. He squinted his eyes and grinned as he then pressed a button on a small device that was attached around his ear. An ominous voice spoke through the other side, "So have you learned everything I wanted to know?"

The sound of the voice was very arrogant and sounded like an English accent. Buckingham replied smiling, "Certainly Sir. Everything you needed to know was told to me by the apparent organizer of the event. A purple, mostly blue maned pony named Twilight Sparkle."

The voice was uninterested with the mentioning of Twilight, "Aaaannnd?"

Bradshaw explained, "The ceremony's gonna be held on Celestia's Palace Lawn in Canterlot City. Next Saturday at 11am. Do you wish for me to attend Ms. Sparkle's speech tomorrow at their town square to see if I can get anything else?"

"I believe it would be beneficial to out conquest Mr. Buckingham." Requested the voice.

"Very well then Sir. I'll make another report tomorrow evening. But I reckon we should begin our plans for such an occasion." He suggested cunningly.

The dashing voice eagerly cut in, "Ah Do not worry my loyal assistant. We are preparing as we speak. I'll make a note of what you just said, and plot our arrangements. Give everything the purple pony says to me tomorrow afternoon. Every detail is crucial."

Bradshaw answered deviously, "I will, not to worry. I'll have it done. Good evening sir."

"As to you." The mysterious voice concluded.

Bradshaw detached his device, then headed off to bed. Somewhere, the pony who had previously spoke with Bradshaw thought to himself. "Now that I have what I mostly needed to know, I will soon be able to go through with our operation. I've waited a long time for this moment and now on such a festive day to celebrate, I will turn it all to pure...terror. Happy birthday Princess Celestia...Happy birthday indeed."


[...To be continued]