• Published 26th Nov 2011
  • 1,786 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria Is Not Enough - Canon Fodder



Twilight, AJ, and Dash must go against all odd's to defeat their most dangerous enemy yet.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,786

Chapter 18: And The Truth Shall Set You Free

Chapter 18 And The Truth Shall Set You Free

Twilight Sparkle, the girls, and the former prisoners sat around patiently. Aspen went to arrange a press conference for noon while Rainbow Dash was catching up on some well needed sleep, and Applejack reminisced with Big Macintosh. Twilight had been reading the contents of the folder that Applejack gave her. She was quite fascinated as this could be the key to turning the tables around on Nova, "All ponies of age will be automatically drafted to the Equestrian Army to fight the Nydeabaen Griffon Air Force upon our strike on Lochrest with the missile. Me, Bradshaw Buckingham, Comet, and Trixie will be taking refuge until both armies have exhausted each other. When the time comes, we will drop a series of bombs from the Supernova to officially exterminate the Griffon nuisances. This will give us the opportunity to intercept their mountains and proceed to excavate the minerals from the inside. When we have fulfilled our ultimate goal of project: singularity, Unicorns will become as gods and dogs will be obsolete to our society and I shall then order the immediate executions of all canine recruits...Enclosed within these documents are the blueprints of project: meteor, the map to the manarite quarry, and a directory for the mine as well. Please keep these files hidden well. We do not want undesirables snooping around."

Twilight laughed at Nova's last comment. This was the perfect inside information to slime Nova once and for all. Twilight asked her, "Applejack. Where did you find this?"

She looked up and trotted over, "Found it in Comet's desk after we climbed back in. What's the plan from here?"

Twilight gazed around the room, focusing on all the liberated ponies, "Oh I think Nova is our next and final stop. He doesn't know what's coming his way. I've decided that we have to leave tomorrow morning, and with these maps, we'll have plenty to work with. Hopefully Aspen was able to set something up. Were going to turn Nova's world up side down...It's time to take back Equestria, AJ. Nova's going down."

Rainbow opened one eye slowly and called over to Applejack, "What happened to Comet anyway?"

She gave a subtle laugh to the question, "He had a little fall that didn't end well. We won't be havin anymore problems with that pony."

There was slight commotion at the door, and Aspen returned with three other guard dogs. Everypony inside stood up with urgency and threatened to charge. Aspen waved them down frantically, "Whoa whoa! It's cool! These guys are with me...Twilight, your going to address Canterlot in a few hours. Everythings ready to go."

The prisoners let their guard down and Twilight smiled cleverly, "Perfect! I can't wait."

Aspen snapped his claws and two of the other guards hauled in a large black chest. Rainbow was curious, "What's in this thing?"

"You'll see after." Aspen smiled.

He bent down and stuck one of his claws in the lock on the box and tried to pick it. Rainbow turned back to Twilight, "So why are you doing this?"

"To warn everypony of what Nova is really up to, and this paper says it all. It will also get the dogs on our side. Rainbow Dash, It's time for us to take back Equestria and take down Nova...One way or another. Were going to stop him."

-----

Later that morning, Supernova landed outside the cave that led into Nova's mine. The rear of the ship opened it's large cargo door. His elite workers unloaded supplies from the ship and placed it outside the cave. Nova stepped from the ship with Trixie and they trotted into the mine side by side. Bradshaw stood next to the cargo door, ordering his crew. Dr. Know appeared from the door levitating a briefcase. Buckingham looked curious, "What's that?"

The former school professor smirked, "Oh Nothing. Just the activation and programming codes to the missile..."

Bradshaw laughed and padded him on the back. Dr. Know smiled back and continued along his way. Buckingham watched as the last bit of cargo was unloaded. He looked back inside the ship and waved out a couple Earth ponies, "Alright, bring em out!"

The soldiers appeared pulling a cage attached to a trolley. Containing Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Spike. Rarity grasped the bars, shouting at Bradshaw, "Where are we?!"

"Shut up and sit down!" Buckingham exclaimed.

"Ya'll are needed fer a little experiment." He explained, chuckling.

Rarity showed him her horn, "What is this thing your cronies put over my horn? It won't come off! It's SO uncomfortable! I demand you take it off at once!"

"Ah Shut up! Take them inside...Mr. Sparks wants to see them."

The guards nodded, "Got it Boss."

-----

Nova escorted Trixie to his upstairs office where Twilight and the girls found out about project: singularity. The office was built inside the missile production room, on top of sturdy scaffolding as a second level. The office a had large windows that overlooked the entire production room. Nova sat down in his oak desk. Trixie sat across from him in another chair and flicked her mane, "So...What's next?"

Nova pulled a file from his desk drawer and laid it out, "Well were going to finish unloading the cargo. Then in a few hours, Dr. Know is going to begin programming the missile."

Trixie sighed impatiently, "How long will that be? I want to get back to ruling my republic."

The charming steed laughed, "Do not worry my dear. Were scheduled to launch the missile within three days. The programming will take the longest part of it. Then after that, Know will set the target, calculate the trajectory, perform a few safety checks, then confirm the countdown. The best part is...Twilight Sparkle and her friends can no longer foil with us. They'll never make it out of Canterlot alive."

"Then why did we bring her friends with us?" Trixie asked ignorantly.

Nova stared into her eyes dumbfounded, "Well...Well it's better to be safe then sorry. Plus, they'll make good secretaries...Comet taught you how the hypnosis spell worked right?"

The blue mare nodded and rolled her eyes, "For the last time yes! You haven't stopped asking that since we left Canterlot."

Nova sat back and relaxed in his chair, "I'm only being cautious my dear Trixie. You can never be too safe...I think I hear them trotting up the stairs now."

"Who's trotting up the stairs?" Asked the confused Trixie.

Nova gave a witty laugh, "My new body guards have arrived."

The office door opened and an Earth pony guard came through, followed by the chained up Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Spike. One more guard followed after, "Is there anything else you need Mr. Sparks?"

Nova shook his head smiling, "No that'll be all. We can handle it from here."

Spike and the girls were lined up along the wall. Spike was furious and wasn't frightened by Nova, "What do you want with us? Your never going to get away with this! Twilight will be here, you'll see!"

He got up from his chair and trotted around his desk, putting his hoof on Trixie's shoulder, "Really? I really thought I was winning this little chess match. Do you realize how absurd that statement was? If you haven't got it through your thick skull yet, I have defeated Miss Sparkle and your other allies. Their stuck in Canterlot with a bounty on their head, an order from me to have them shot on sight. I have subjugated Celestia and am now the new supreme leader of Equestria. I mean, you are pathetic to think that Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash or anypony else can stop me...But I digress. I have ordered you four here to unveil my plan on to you, then...recruit you."

The chained friends looked at each other confused. None of them knew what he meant by "recruit". Fluttershy nervously spoke up, "Um...Excuse but, what do you mean by recruit?"

Nova trotted slowly to the timid Pegesus. He turned his ear to her, "I'm sorry my dear what was that?"

Fluttershy buckled her ears down and shyly repeated the question, "Um...I was Ummm...I...didn't knowwhatyoumeantbyrecruit..."

Sparks stopped in front of her and gestured with his hoof, "A little louder..."

Again, Fluttershy got quieter, and turned her head away slightly but kept shifty eye contact, repeating the question with only a very high pitched squeek. Nova laughed and lifted her chin up with his hoof, "Well since your so eager to find out...You'll be the first one to know..."

Spike bounded forward and tried to tackle Nova but was restricted by Trixie's magic. Sparks played the attack as a joke , "Oh and you must be so eager to see the plan. Well...if you insist..."

-----

In the meantime, Aspen directed all the guards outside to cover crowd control. Saying that it was an order from Comet that everypony was to be present in front of the castle balcony at noon. Twilight, Rainbow, and Applejack stood behind the curtain, towards the balcony. Aspen informed the girls that he'd address the crowd first to get their attention. Twilight went over her speech thoroughly. She had to assure that every point was perfect, because this was the speech that could make or break their chances of stopping Nova. Aspen walked out on the balcony and spoke to the roaring crowd at the podium, "May I have your attention!"

The citizens of Canterlot tuned in slowly, continuing when the Canterlotions were silent, "This is a very special announcement. A movement among Equestrians everywhere will soon come to fruition."

Many among the crowd were boggled with the statement. Even some of the guards were perplexed and Aspen knew this, "Do not worry my Canine Comrades. All will be revealed...and the truth shall set you free. Now I wanted to be very brief here so without further adieu...Your guest has arrived."

The Anti-Nova dog walked back through the curtain and notified Twilight, "That's your cue Miss Sparkle. (He extended his paw out) Good luck..."

Twilight looked up at him smiling and shook his paw, "Thank you Aspen. For everything."

Applejack and Rainbow Dash gave their friend a warming nodded. She smiled back and took a deep breath. Finally she built the courage and stepped out through the curtain. Walking up to the podium, she had already noticed the dogs and other pony security beginning to whisper to one another. Twilight looked around and stared out at the crowd. This was her time, the first step of Nova's downfall. She cleared her voice and began, "Good afternoon my fellow Equestrians. Before I start, let me clarify that your eyes do not deceive you. I am, Twilight Sparkle."

The crowd began to stir, mainly among Nova's army. Some of them gossiped, "I thought Nova wanted them dead?..."

"This can't be right..."

"Is this part of his plan?..."

"What's going on here?..."

"Comet's going to hear it from Nova now..."

"Twilight Sparkle?..."

"Where is Comet?..."

Twilight built the urge to continue, "Fillies and Gentlecolts, Nova has been in power now for little over a week and we have lost our former ways of our land. Harmony is no longer a factor...It is forgotten. But today is the day that we will begin our take back, and every dog and pony in this audience will know the truth...Nova's secrets."

The Canterlotions roared with excitement and applauded the purple pony. Among the crowd were three guard ponies who became curious, "Let's get to the bottom this..."

They disappeared from the crowd and galloped towards the castle. Twilight waved her hooves in a downward motion to calm the crowd down, "Hear me Equestria. We all know that Nova is a corrupt tyrant that needs to be stopped, but he is also a power hungry mogul that wants to bring Equestria into an unneeded war among our neighbours from Nydeabaen."

Citizens of Canterlot were shocked and booed the fact. She made it very clear, "Please Canterlot...Listen to what I must say. Our great land is in danger. Nova has fooled us all!"

Twilight pulled the file from her saddlebag, "These are notes to something that is called project: meteor. This is Nova's top secret plan to send a missile from the Canyons, into the land of the Griffons. He plans to start a war in order to benefit himself and his mad, scientific research. While our kingdoms are fighting our problems out, Nova and his top cronies plan to hide out in secrecy. This entire war leads to another one of his plans, project: singularity..."

-----

The three guards rush through the palace to reach the balcony. The one out in front planned it out, "Were not going to let this mare ruin everything Nova has put together."

He yelled at the guard who was trailing behind, "Hey, how about you go back and find out what she's sayin?"

The following guard responded ignorantly, "Why?"

"Because you can radio Mr. Sparks and tell him what's going down!" exclaimed the leader.

"Me and Echo will take the upstairs. Don't worry we'll be fine. It can't be that hard to fight one mare."

The ordered guard agreed and stopped to turn around. Then galloped in the other direction, back out to the courtyard.

-----

Twilight had the crowd hooked and continued along with her freedom speech, "Equestrians...Nova wants to use the war to weaken the Griffons resources then intercept their mountains for the mining of special rocks that will further advance his magical powers, and for me, as an Equestrian and follower of the late Princess Celestia..."

As soon as those words were out of her mouth. The crowd gasped and roared out of shock. Twilight realized what she had said and let the crowd know the sad truth, "...I'm afraid it's true Equestria...Nova Sparks ended our beloved Princess's life. This and many other reasons are why Nova must and WILL be stopped. Which reminds me...To all you loyal canines working for Nova. Your time may be coming to an end if you continue to work with him. In this document unveils the truth of your future. Here it is...Unicorns will become as gods and dogs will be obsolete to our society and I shall then order the immediate executions of all canine recruits..."

Suddenly, the barks and whimpers of dogs could be heard from the noise of the crowd. Twilight felt the passion in her heart and nodded to continue, "This is also true. Nova is only using you to his own advantage...But do not worry. If you help us, we'll help you. Nova will be stopped. Let me say that the hate of this steed will pass and the merciless dictator will die, and the power he took from us will be returned. So as long as he dies, harmony will never perish...Soldiers, don't give yourself to this brute, the steed that despises you and enslaves you. Who controls your life. Telling you what to do, what to think and what to feel! Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle and uses you like tools! Don't give yourselves to this guy! This unnatural pony...He treats you like machines! With machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not mules! You are Equestrians! You have the love of Celestia and harmony in your hearts. We should not hate. Only the unloved and corrupt hate. Let's not fight for Nova! Fight for harmony!"

The crowd roared and cheered. Applejack, Rainbow and Aspen listen from behind and they too cheered happily. Twilight even noticed most of the guards had been turned around to her side...The plan was working. Down among the commotion, was one of the three guards who had decided to stay behind and alert Nova of the endangerment of his kind. The guard tried to get to a quieter area and call Sparks with his N-Tech...

-----

"So...that's my plan. The rare rocks within the Griffon Alpines will go quite well with the manarite ore. Creating the perfect substance to maximize a Unicorn's magical capabilities...It's genius." Nova concluded, grinning.

"That's insane!" Rarity added angrily.

Nova approached the white mare from his desk and brushed his hoof through her mane, "Miss Rarity, the distance between genius and insanity, is measured only by success."

He then realized that Pinkie had said nothing through the entire session. Pinkie's mane was still flat and dull. Her eyes only expressed depression and hopelessness. Nova trotted up to her curiously, "Now what is wrong with you my dear. Your a fright!...Well I think I know what'll put that color back in your mane..."

The clever stallion strolled next to Trixie and kissed her, "Darling I th..."

"Whoa whoa whoa! You two?" Asserted Spike.

Trixie and Nova glared at him sternly, "What's it to you?" Trixie muttered.

Nova continued, "Anyway, Darling I do believe it is time to show our friends your new magic trick."

There was sudden banging on the door and Bradshaw stormed in. Nova flung his hooves in the air and stomped the floor, fed up with interruptions, "What is it Mr. Buckingham? I am very busy."

The southern stallion was panting heavily and worried, "No time to explain sir! Yer wanted on channel 57...It's urgent!"

Nova scampered to his desk quickly to activate his communicator and microphone, "What's going on Bradshaw?"

He sat down and switched his radio on. Everypony listened in carefully, "Hello...Hello, what's the problem?"

The radio gave a lot of static that cut in and out to the sound of the roaring public in Canterlot. Nova tried to break through again, "Is anypony there? This is Nova Sparks. What is your situation?"

The commotion and crackling continued for another few seconds. Then finally the guards voice broke in, "Mr. Sparks. This is Sundance. I'm one of your guards in Canterlot..."

Sparks was losing his patience, "Cut to the chase you twit! What the bloody buck is going on that's so important?!"

There was another pause of cheering and static. Nova wanted answers, "Sundance! Tell me!"

"Twilight Sparkle sir...She was somehow able to give a speech on the palace balcony...and now the she's got everypony in Canterlot wanting your head..."

The endangered leader went wide eyed and felt his heart sink, "WHAT?! Where's Comet?"

"I don't know sir. He hasn't been seen or heard from since yesterday. I'm sure Twilight and her friends have something to do with it though..."

Nova whispered to himself, "Comet..."

Sundance cut in again, "Sir? You still there?"

He wiped some sweat from his forehead and tried to stop his hooves from shivering, "Why aren't the guards doing crowd control?"

"That's the other bad news sir...Most of them have turned against you..."

Trixie tried to embrace Nova but he shoved her away angerly, "Not now! Sundance I want you to go upstairs, in the North tower of the castle. If Comet is...out of commission. Take all the files you can find from his desk and burn them. Rip them, destroy them, do something with them and do not let Twilight get her hooves on them."

"Sir...If it's anything to do with a project: meteor or singularity, then it's too late...She's read the files to the crowd."

Nova went blank and stared out his window and looked down at his progress that was so close to completion. He grasped the microphone with his hooves, "Then KILL HER! Just bloody KILL HER you tart! I don't care how...Just DO IT!"

Sundance sighed, "I'm sorry sir...But I'm tending in my resignation...It's too dangerous around here now."

"NO! Don't do this to me. Sundance? Sundance!" Nova was in panic.

"Good-bye Mr. Sparks, and good luck..." The sound of an object dropping to the ground, and crushing static ended the conversation.

Spike began to laugh and mocked Nova, "You said your winning the chess match? I bet you didn't see that move coming."

Bradshaw approached his superior, "Mr. Sparks?"

He looked up from his desk to Buckingham, then Spike and the girls, "Take them to the dungeon...and get Know in here...NOW! Trixie my dear, get me a drink. Cabinets over there next to the door."

Bradshaw called in some other workers, "Cmon in here and take these lil birdies to their cages! I'll get Dr. Know in here right away."

Sparks put his hoof on his forehead and waved Bradshaw away, "Yes yes, just leave me with Trixie and my sudden headache..."

As Spike and the girls were being escorted out. He made one more crack at Nova, "What's the matter Nova? Twilight put you in check?"

Nova looked up and stared at Spike, "You'll get yours you little twit!"

Nova leaped over his desk and went to tackle Spike but was held back by his number two stallion, Bradshaw, "Whoa Calm down Mr. Sparks. Just calm down! This ain't the way to go about this. Just sit down and have a drink."

Nova felt his world beginning to crumble. Everything he had accomplished was going to waste as Twilight would soon ruin his empire that he worked so hard to create. When the prisoners and his workers left the room, he shut the door and turned around to Trixie. She flicked her mane back and stuck her nose in the air, "Believe me. I know EXACTLY how you feel..."

Sparks sighed and trotted back to his desk, "Just shut up and get me that drink..."

-----

The crowd was still applauding when Twilight stepped back through the curtain. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were there to congratulate her on a spectacular performance, "You did it Twilight! That was awesome!" Rainbow praise proudly, flying up with her hoof up high.

Applejack hugged her friend warmly, "Looks like were goin to get to Nova after all...Now what happens?"

"Were gonna ring your necks!"

The girls were startled by the brash voice of the Nova guard from the corridor, accompanied by the other. Twilight, Dash, and AJ got into a fighting stance and prepared, "It's too late boys. Sparks is finished." Twilight smiled confidently.

They extended their poison tipped needles from their N-Techs and prepared to charge, "Your gonna pay for what you did to Mr. Sparks. He worked hard all his life and now you three take his accomplishments away from him. Twilight scoffed, "You two really don't know who he really is do you?"

The other stepped forward proudly, "All we know is that he gave us a second chance in Equestria. We were banished from this land for years. But Nova Sparks took us in and we helped him get to where he is. Now your going to pay for ruining it."

The girls braced themselves and the guards lunged ahead but was suddenly pulled back as Aspen came from behind and tugged them by the mane. Then conked their head together, knocking them out, "Oh No you don't. Sorry boys, but your giving me a crippling headache."

"Good boy Aspen!" Applejack yelled happily.

Twilight approached him curiously, "Aspen, do you think we'd be able to get out of here tonight?"

Aspen put his paws on his hips and laughed heavily, "After that speech? You got the key to the city! So...what's next from here?"

Twilight shifted her eyes to each one of her friends and ended on a painting of Princess Celestia on the wall, "Tonight...Were taking a little vacation to the Canyons..."

[...To be continued]