• Published 26th Nov 2011
  • 1,788 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria Is Not Enough - Canon Fodder



Twilight, AJ, and Dash must go against all odd's to defeat their most dangerous enemy yet.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,788

Chapter 15: The Blazing Flames Of Government Power

Chapter 15 The Rising Flames Of Government Power

It was later in the evening. Twilight was at the books all day, scheming a plan to free the girls from Nova's clutches. She breezed over the map of Nova's airship, routed the fastest way to the jail cells, and pinpointed the perfect escape route. She also examined the manarite ore and the sirum. She decided if push comes to shove, she'll inject herself, matching Nova's magical capabilities. Rainbow was put on book collecting duty, after the library closed, she headed out to collect books for the spell Celestia mentioned to Twilight. Applejack was exercising, readying herself for the siege. She was practically killing herself. Insane amounts of push-ups, sit-ups, laps around the room, chin-ups by using the bookcase as a platform. The only thought that gave her the motivation was getting their hooves on Nova. Not only Nova, but she personally wants to make Comet pay for the pain he had caused her family. Twilight tore out blank pages from some of the unfinished books the high counselors had left behind, and levitated a quill to mark their entry points then write down important notes. Rainbow was flying around amidst the slight darkness of the library, with only the orange light from the sunset glarring in through the windows. She figured the librarian wouldn't miss any encyclopedias, because they had so many of them. She took about four which was all she could handle without losing her balance. She began to make her way back to the sanctuary until a magazine caught her eye. Enchanters Monthly Log, Dash thought about it and figured Twilight might want to read something more interesting for a while just to pass the time. Not being able to grab it with her hooves, she grabbed on to the magazine with her teeth and continued her way back. Applejack was lying down now, exhausted. Twilight was putting the last pieces of the plan together, and the sounds of turning and meshing gears symbolized Rainbow's return. The stairs dropped and she flew in with the books, then it rose back up again. Rainbow spoke through her teeth, still holding the magazine, "Back girls!"

Twilight got up from her studies, "Oh Great Rainbow! Wow, you've certainly got your hooves full." She said as she helped her friend.

Twilight levitated the books to ease the tension on Dash. Rainbow spitted the magazine into her hooves and offered it to Twilight, "Here Twilight. I figured you wanted something different to read for a change, you done a lot and I think you deserve a break."

Twilight lifted the magazine from Rainbows hooves, "Thanks Rainbow, I'll have a look at it after. Let's get ourselves organized with the plan first."

Rainbow agreed and AJ could just barely lift herself up but managed to trot over slowly. They huddled around Twilight who held her notes out in front of her, "Applejack could you grab a torch off the wall?"

Applejack nodded, "Sure thing Twi...Actually Rainbow, could you do it? I'm mighty sore here..."

Dash laughed, "Yes Applejack."

The pegesus took one of the torches from the wall and held close to Twilight, although being carefull not to burn the paper. Twilight explained the plan through, "Alright I've done all the studies, I've connected the dots and came up with this, very detailed plan. At 2am, Sunday morning, we are going to leave here and make our way behind the castle walls. I want us to lay low for the next few days, make it seem like we jumped town. Now Rainbow, you have two jobs. When we release Spike and the girls, you and Fluttershy are going to fly us out of there. Your other job is to act as our emergency exit. If anything should go wrong, you fly us back here. You'll know when to save us. Watch for a signal. Now Applejack, (she showed her the map, going over it with her hooves) were going to enter the ship through the shaft of the rocket thrusters. This map shows a trap door leading to a ventilation system, and if we follow this path here, we should end up above the holding cells. Then we'll free the girls, climb back into the vents, travel this path here, and eventually end up above Nova's office where we'll crash in on him. Before hoof though, we'll be sure to give the girls their apple slices. (She looks back at Rainbow) Then you'll rush in through Nova's window after I give you another signal. We'll surround him, strike him with the elements, eradicating any and all forms of his sinister magic. Freeing Equestria from his tyranny and restoring harmony! Now of course this is easier said then done. Even though we'll be under the radar, Nova will have his canines and steeds lurking around the streets, so were not going to fly, and were not going through the streets too easily. We'll have to move quietly."

Applejack approved of the plan, "Well ya gotta great plan there Twilight. But what are we gonna do fer the next few days?"

"Were going to stay here, go over the plan again and again, memorize it. Prepare to give our lives...If I don't get to say it again, I just wanted to say that I love you girls. Forever and beyond..."

Twilight extended her front hoof out. Rainbow and AJ caught on and threw their hooves in as well. Applejack laid the torch down and nodded to Twilight, "Were with ya Twi, till the end..."

Rainbow also bobbed her head, "We'll beat this guy together, and if we don't, we'll die trying..."

-----

The next morning, Trixie lay in her bedroom aboard the ship, still sleeping. Her room door slowly opened, then Nova and a Unicorn assistant trotted in the room quietly, rolling a trolley. The assistant stopped the trolley at Trixie's bedside and Nova waved him away, "That will be all..."

The Unicorn nodded and left the room then closed the door behind him. Nova stared at the slumbering blue mare and charmingly smiled. Atop the trolley was a silver tray, holding a very complex breakfast. Eggs, toast, apple juice, tea, strawberries, waffles, cheese bits, etc. Nova used his magic and opened the curtains of the room, shining the morning sun through the window, beaming across Trixie's coat. The charmed stallion magically lifted the window up, sending in a small breeze from the outdoors. The great and powerful one began to awaken. She opened one of her eyes, the other half of her face was dug into the pillow. she was surprised but welcomed him, "Good morning Mr. Sparks. Can I, The Great and Powerful Trixie ask why you are in my room?"

Nova continued to warmly smile towards her, "My dear, call me Nova. I just figured a dazzling mare such as yourself deserved to be greeted with a delicious morning meal, while in the comfort of your warm bed."

"Well...Thank you...Nova." Trixie replied slowly and intrigued.

The grey steed levitated the tray over the bed and suspended it there for her to eat, "No trouble at all my dear Miss Trixie."

Trixie sipped the apple juice, "Can I ask you something?"

Nova sat down at her beside and nodded, "Anything my dear."

"Are you trying to charm me?" She asked firmly and seriously.

The obviously infatuated Nova replied with another question, "Well that depends...Is it working?"

Trixie tried to hide her blushed cheeks but it looked to obvious, "Well ever since I arrived you've been such a gentlecolt and this wonderful breakfast pleases The Great and Powerful Trixie...I like it very much..."

They stared into each others eyes, and began to lean it towards one another. Their heads turned as they got closer. Nova caressed Trixie's mane. As they became ever so close, Nova spoke softly, "I guess that means...yes."

The two villains locked lips and kissed. They both come away smiling to each other. Nova placed the tray aside on the trolley and held Trixie's right hoof with his hooves together, "How would like to rule Southern Equestria?"

Trixie's ignorant ego was then brought back into the equation, "The south side? Really? Oh Please it's nothing but a dump down there. Can't I have something a little more...interesting?"

Nova was surprised with the reaction. Although he decided to sweeten the offer, "Alright, alright. If I added Ponyville into the matter would you reconsider?"

Trixie thought about the purposal and thought of her past in Ponyville, then smiled deviously, "Oh They'll show their respect for me alright, and they'll like me whether they want to or not! I'll take it."

Nova levitated the tray once again as he grinned, "Well that's good because it just so happens that I am delivering two speeches today. One in Canterlot and another in Ponyville. How about you finish your meal and meet me in my office to discuss our arrangements for the public gathering?"

The egotistical pony sipped her tea and nodded gracefully, "I shall. I can't wait to see the look on everyponies face when they here that The Grrrreat And Powerful Trixie will be running the show!"

Nova kissed her hoof, "Splendid my dear! Now I have sent Mr. Buckingham to run an errand for me. It's related to the plan to capture Twilight and her accomplices. Thanks to an inside tip, we were notified of close relatives to that...how I say...Country girl."

-----

"Applebloom! It's feedin time!" Shouted Braeburn from the bottom of the stairs.

She responded from the top, "Comin Braeburn!"

The little filly trotted down the stairs and went into the dining room. There sat Granny Smith and Braeburn, waiting on Applebloom. The table was decorated with fruit, three bowls of oatmeal, and toast with apple jam spread over each slice. Applebloom sat down and started munching away. She slowed for a minute to ask Braeburn, "What are ya doin t'day Cuz?"

He looked up from his bowl, "I'm gonna be out in the fields today, buckin the east crop of apple trees. I reckon though I'll need a little bit of help. Would ya like to come along?"

Appleblooms face lit up, "Would I?!"

Braeburn laughed, "I figured you'd want to. Well you finish up your breakfast and get ready. As soon as I'm done here I'm gonna head out. You got the dishes covered right Aunt Smith?"

The aged mare nodded, "Oooh Yes. You run along and get them apples bucked. I'll take care of all this."

It wasn't long until Applebloom rushed her breakfast down, on account of her excitement. Braeburn laughed at her, "Your gonna give yerself a stomachache like that."

The hyped up filly ignored him and finished the last bit of toast she had and raced up the stairs to put on her red bow. Braeburn couldn't help but chuckle at her. He finished his breakfast a little later and rose from the table then grabbed his hat from the hat rack in the porch. He called from the stairs again, "I'm gone out Applebloom! I'll meet ya out there! Oh I almost forgot."

He trotted over and kissed his Aunt, "Thanks fer the feed Aunty."

"Oh Your quite welcome deary. Now get out there and..."

There was a knock at the door. Braeburn glanced at a clock on the wall which showed 7am, "I wonder who that could be this early in the mornin?" He wondered.

The knocking continued, "I'm comin, I'm comin, keep your horseshoes on!"

Braeburn approached the door and unlocked it. He turned the handle, opened the door, and standing in front of him were two dogs, two stallions, and another figure standing behind them. Braeburn got nervous, "Uuuh Good morning Sirs. Can I help ya'll?"

The dogs and ponies parted in the middle and Bradshaw Buckingham trotted in smiling, and shook hooves with Braeburn, "Howdy Mr. Apple. The names Buckingham, Bradshaw Buckingham."

Now he was intimidated, "Uuuh Howdy there. Is there anything I can do for you gentlecolts?"

Bradshaw laughed, "No, no. There's nothin you can do fer us. But we've come on important business."

Braeburn played along and laughed with him. Though he was still quite nervous, "Is that so? What would that be?"

Buckingham waved his men in. The guards loyally obeyed. Braeburn was surrounded. Bradshaw put his hoof around Braeburn, "I'm sorry Mr. Apple. But your under arrest for two very major violations that I'm sure was put forth very clear by Mr. Sparks himself."

He looked back and forth at the guards while one of the massive canines ceased him. Bradshaw continued, "Ya see Mr. Apple, we know your from Appleloosa. You and everypony else were given strict instructions to go back to where ever ya'll came from. You didn't go through municipal customs sir, that's a violation..."

Granny Smith appeared through the dining room door and Applebloom at the top of the stairs to find out what the commotion was about. Buckingham seen them and pointed at both of them. The other canine went for Applebloom while the two ponies ceased Granny Smith. The two stallions appeared to be a Unicorn and a Pegesus. They weren't long catching the grandmother, but Applebloom struggled, though wasn't strong enough to overthrow the brutal strength of the dog. She was carried to the bottom and held by the mutt while Bradshaw progressed with his speech, "Now that we that covered, I'll continue. You folks are also in violation of a critical law that would normally land you in execution. Although I was given instructions for a special penalizing fer this one. We know that you had Twilight and her friends here. That's a very deadly law. Now I'll will accompanyin this little filly and the ol bat to the prison in Ponyville. While you Mr. Apple will be deported back to Appleloosa and be jailed for these two violations. But let me give you a little heads up Sir. Disobey Nova Sparks again, and you'll thrown off a cliff...Get em out of here..."

Braeburn shook his head continuously, "No Sir please, you can't do that. Who will look after my relatives and the farm?"

Buckingham laughed, "We'll look after yer family for the next while. But were condemning the farm."

Applebloom looked up at him, scared and confused, "What does that mean?"

Bradshaw laughed briefly then turned serious, "Alright you mutt, take our friend Braeburn here back to Appleloosa and report back when ya get there. The rest of you, take those mares to the stagecoach. Chains are in the back seat. Let's move out!"

Bradshaw and his officers exited the house, with the captured Apple family. Braeburn was loaded into a different stagecoach, facing the west, destined for Appleloosa. Granny Smith and Applebloom were chained together as Twilight and the other girls were, except this time there was more security. They were laid in the back seat of the carrier. The door of it shut, and locked. Bradshaw went around to the back of the wagon to a trunk compartment. He called over to his other canine and the Pegesus, "You two. C'mere."

He opened the trunk and handed them two very large, very heavy machines, "Take these flamethrowers and torch this place to the ground...and the fields too. Report back to Ponyville when yer done. Mr. Sparks is giving a speech and we'll need crowd control."

They nodded to his superior and headed off to burn down Sweet Apple Acres. Bradshaw waved the other stagecoach on. He went around to Earth ponies who were pulling the cart, "Don't go until I see this place up in flames. (He looks at his Unicorn guard) Get in..."

They climbed in and sat across from Granny Smith and Applebloom, "What are you goin to do to our home?" The little one asked, she was beginning to tear up.

Bradshaw made it very clear, "I'm only followin orders lil missy. You'll see one day, how cold n hard this world could be."

Applebloom could only watch as she seen her own home go up in flames. Everything she had ever known was in that house. Her toys, pictures, family albums, memories that can't be salvaged. The little filly cried her heart out and pressed her hoof against the window. She also began to see smoke pouring from the fields, "Our apple orchard!"

Sweet Apple Acres was a burning hellfire. Every bit of the Apples land was being scorched bit by bit. The rotten stench of smoke was in the air and the crackling embers could be heard from the inside of the stagecoach. Each crackle tore into the hearts of Granny Smith and Applebloom. Applebloom turned away from the frightening sight and cried into her Grandmothers lap. Buckingham was pleased and knocked on the wall, "Ya'll can start trottin now! I've seen what I wanted to see."

The fire blazed higher and higher into the heavens, and the stagecoach took off. Destined for Ponyville.

-----

That evening around six o'clock, Nova's ship hovered in the air above the Ponyville town square. Everypony was packed into the vacinity. Being forced in by the canine and Unicorn officers. Everypony was confused and somewhat lost over what was happening. The stage was set up with the flag of the Nova Sparks cutie mark displayed upon the curtain. A podium was also placed. Everypony waited cautiously for something to happen. Some ponies had been detained for trying to leave the gathering. Bradshaw Buckingham appeared through the opening of the curtain and addressed to get the crowds attention, "Citizens of Ponyville. Give me your complete attention!...By now you should all be in junction with the new laws Mr. Sparks has put through. He will be joinin us in a moment. But first I just want to make somethin perfectly clear. Up till this point you've all been referring Mr. Sparks ship as "The Ship". But now after meeting last night in Mr. Sparks office, we have come to the conclusion that you will all now refer to ship as "The Supernova". Sure it's quite cliché but I'm sure nopony will have any problems with it...Now without further adieu. I give you our glorious new leader, tyrant of Equestria. Mr. Nova Sparks! (He whispers into his gadget) That's your cue Mr. Sparks."

The large platform began to lower from the ship. Carrying Nova Sparks, Trixie, Comet, Big Macintosh, and two Pegesi escorts. As they lowered to the ground, the crowd clopped and cheered out of intimidation, hoping not to be punished. The platform was suspended above the stage momentarily as majestic music was being played from the Supernova. Once the song had ended, they landed on the stage where Nova trotted behind the podium and delivered his speech, "My loyal Equestrians, I have arrived to deliver some very important announcements. If you haven't heard or preferably smelled by now. You will all come to find out that Sweet Apple Acres mysteriously caught fire this afternoon. I would just like to inform you are that the Apple family is fine and I am personally tending to their tragic loss. (A dull roar of chatter went through the crowd) Attention! Quiet at once! Second, I'd like to introduce my lovely companion, The Great and Powerful Trixie! I do believe you all have met her before? Also that reminds me. Tomorrow marks the next step in my leadership! (Comet, Buckingham, and Trixie stood next to Nova) Us four are going to be what you call the Chancellors of the four ends of Equestria. Equestria will no longer be governed individually. Instead it will be divided into four sub-sections. Although I will be the supreme ruler of the overall land. These divisions of Equestria will be known as the United Equestrian Socialist Republic, or U.E.S.R. for short."

Then Nova used his magic to pull a lever that was placed at the end of the stage. The flag was lowered, and the curtains opened, revealing a map of Equestria, and it's new states, "As you can see. We have four territories. Western Equestria, Eastern Equestria, District of Canterlot in the North, and this town will be placed in the Great Plains of the South. Now let me introduce your new chancellors. Mr. Bradshaw Buckingham, government leader of the West. Mr. Comet, chancellor of the East. I shall take the North, and my beautiful Sweet Apple, The Great and Powerful Trixie, shall be your sovereign ruler of the Great Plains. You shall respect us, and obey us. Or be disciplined otherwise...Finally, this coming saturday evening, Mr. Comet will be in control as myself, Trixie, and Mr. Buckingham will be dealing with business in the Canyonlands of the desert...Some issues must be resolved with some of the Nydeabaen Griffon leaders. We will be having a discussion over...mining and excavation so to speak. Oh and one more thing we are still on the hunt for three nuisances, so anyone caught with any illegal evidence of them will be shot immediately so for your own well-being I suggest you turn them in or face the consequences. Thank you all and good night, please return to your homes or where ever you need to be but don't loiter."

Nova and the new Equestian supremacists boarded the platform, excluding Bradshaw Buckingham. Before the platform rose, Nova gave him an order, "Please see to it that the Apple family is brought up to my estate in Canterlot Mr. Buckingham. Have them there by tonight."

Bradshaw waved and nodded, "We'll see you there sir."

The platform raised and Trixie grasped on to her lovers front leg, "This is going to be great! Finally those peasants will truly realize what a Great and Powerful leader I can be!"

Nova chuckled, "I know you'll make a fine ruler my dear. Now Mr. Comet, I have suggestion for you."

Comet stepped forward, "Yes sir?"

"I think you should start using Macintosh's aggressiveness to your advantage. He's stupid as anything but such a massive physique. So while I'm gone, be sure to have him ready for anything. Because I don't think those girls have given up yet."

Comet laughed deviously, "You have no need to worry Mr. Sparks. That Applejack character is the real instigator. Although I don't think she'll retaliate against her own brother. She'll have no choice but to give in. Country families are close and don't tend to hurt one another. It'll be a breeze."

Nova turned to him, "Don't you forget that there still are two of them who probably will. Remember that it is Twilight Sparkle we must eliminate. Rainbow Dash and Applejack will be useless without her. Concentrate on her, she's the back bone of their little schemes."

Comet nodded, "I will sir."

Back down in the Ponyville, Bradshaw Buckingham climbed into his stagecoach and directed on towards Canterlot. He shut the door and found Applebloom was snuggled into her grandmother who stared out into the pastures and stroked her granddaughters mane. Buckingham grabbed a glass and poured a drink for himself, "Enjoy the look old-timer. Because ya'll are gonna be locked up fer a good while. Might be the last view of the outdoors ya'll see fer a while. Not to mention that we got plans fer yer lil granddaughter there."

Granny Smith said nothing and only glarred at him. Bradshaw gave her a cunning smirk and sipped his drink as they rode off. This time destined for the new Canterlot, in the new province, with a new government, and a powerful darkness as it's ruler...

[...To be continued]