• Published 26th Nov 2011
  • 1,786 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria Is Not Enough - Canon Fodder



Twilight, AJ, and Dash must go against all odd's to defeat their most dangerous enemy yet.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,786

Chapter 11: Say Good-bye To This Earth Pony

Chapter 11 Say Good-bye To This Earth Pony

The doors of the throne room flung open and three dogs, with Bradshaw, threw Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow, down to the ground at Nova Sparks hooves. Rainbow coughed anguishly, she still felt the effects of the savage beating she took. Nova snickered, "Well, look who decided to join us this evening. Well done Mr. Buckingham, your work will not go un-noticed."

Bradshaw smirked and nodded at him, "Well it was my pleasure Mr. Sparks."

Nova looked at the captured mares, "Now, what am I going to do with you three? (He looks at Rainbow) My my, what happened to you my dear?"

Buckingham spoke up, "She got a little vexed on the road. So I shut her up, the hard way."

The english pony gave a confirming nod, "Ahhh I understand. Well you certainly are a feisty one aren't you? But do not worry, you'll be out of your misery soon enough."

Applejack looked up nervously, "W-w-what do ya'll mean by that?"

Nova clearly said, "Your going to be executed, plain and simple."

AJ put her head down and began to shiver in fear. Her mind went straight to Applebloom. There'd be no one to look after her. Braeburn couldn't stay forever and Granny wasn't the freshest apple of the bunch. She continued to hope that Twilight hadn't given up. Applejack knew she herself couldn't think of an idea, and Rainbow was in too much pain for anything. Twilight was their only saving grace. Nova looked at her and went "Hmph!" then continued.

"But...Not without showing you my latest contraption. Twilight? (She looks up at him with a blank look) You and your friends will have the privelege of witnessing the restoration of my Unicorn status."

Twilight was confused, "That's impossible..."

He knelt down and happily told her, "My dear, nothing is impossible with manarite science. And I shall claim the most powerful horn in Equestria...Celestia's."

Twilight stared into his eyes, leered at him for a moment and turned to a look of anger and abruptly smacked him across the face. The smile was washed right off his mouth. He stood up and examined his jaw with his hoof. Nova looked at her seriously and aggresively kicked her in the head. Twilight's head, cocked violently to the side and she became heavily dazed as she checked her skull, Twilight noticed blood trickling down her forehead. Her face strained in pain. Nova Sparks finished analyzing his face and looked very displeased at Twilight, "I hope you enjoyed that shot. Because it's the last one you'll get."

Twilight shook her head and slowly stood up, but she was still groggy. She picked herself up and threatened him, "If you do ANYTHING to the Princess. I guarentee that you WILL be taken down."

Sparks couldn't help but crack up, "Oh My goodness...That's a good one Miss Sparkle. If you haven't noticed, I got a protective army, enhanced magical capabilities, technological advantages, important knowledge, tight security. Your statement is quite the illogical one. Equestria isn't going to be a trot in the park anymore. I'm going to make us the most powerful and most threatening opposition, on this planet!"

Applejack also got up and helped Rainbow to her hooves. Applejack assured, "Ya'll can go right ahead and try to do that. But lemme give ya'll some advice. Don't count anypony out just because ya got one big advantage. It's also those lil things the minorities got over the majorities. They add up."

"My dear, the little things don't matter anymore. Look at the situation, look at the streets. I got everypony wrapped around my hoof. There is nothing you can do." He proudly added.

Twilight angerly asserted herself, which redeemed Applejack's hope, "You really think your the one in control? It seems to me that the only reason you got to this point, was because of a few scared dogs who feared you over a small machine. Now it seems like your giving them power. Their the ones in control Nova, not you. Their the ones controlling everypony. Do you really think your a threat without them? They'll all soon realize that your nothing but a fraud! A phony! Face it Nova Sparks, your just full of hot air that these dogs haven't deciphered yet. You keep giving them more power, and you'll be overthrown. Defeated by your own stupidity and incompetence. Not only them, but the rebel ponies. You've given them your technology, they could've easily taken you out. You have no horn, no protection. If one of them were to come in right now, you'd be powerless. Think about that."

Nova looked at her with a look of disgust. He wanted to kill her right then and there, but first he'd make sure they would witness what would become of Celestia, "I'm going to kill you last, I want to assure that you watch your other friends perish, and then I'm going to kill you myself, with my own magic... (He looks over at the dogs) Well? Grab them and lets go!"

The three burly dogs just stood there and stared at Nova. They thought about it, and took in what Twilight had said...and liked it. Nova was puzzled, "What are you waiting for you imbeciles? Hold them at once and await my instructions!"

One of the dogs stepped up and spoke slowly, but clearly, "We don't like being pushed around. We want an apology fer what you just said to us..."

Nova's gray coat turned red with anger, "Apology? Apology?! Don't let this little purple pony deceive you mutts! You WILL listen to me, and you WILL take my orders. Isn't that right Mr. Buckingham?"

Bradshaw remained noble to his partner and agreed, "I reckon you should listen to Mr. Sparks er else yer gonna have to pay the price, canines."

Another dog turned around to Bradshaw. Twilight and Applejack glanced at each other and secretly smiled to one another. AJ thought to herself, "Twilight, you are one, smart, crafty pony!"

The dog approached the brown colt and poked one of his claws into his chest, "And just what are you gonna do about it?"

Buckingham became enraged and swatted the dogs paw away from him, "Don't you touch me, you flea bitten mongrel! Or I will promise ya'll an unpleasant death!"

Twilight laughed at Nova, "You see? Their realizing you for what you are. A deceitful, washed up, all talk pony, with nothing more on him then a few brainwashing sentences. Face it, this is the one flaw you overlooked. Now when they all realize it. Your world is going to come crashing down on you. You may claim to be science, but remember, one of the golden rules of science. Always deal in facts, and it looks like it's a fact that you may have a dangerous outer shell, but when it comes to the wire, your nothing more then a small flu virus that infects everypony. And like flu viruses, we all recover from them, and defeat the infection."

Nova started to feel distressed. He realized that she was right. He had acquired a massive army of dogs and loyal ponies, but in the end they were still the rebellious criminals that were banned from Equestria. In most cases, they don't like to be pushed around. He had to make sure this wouldn't be discussed with the rest of his army. Sparks tried to think of something quickly. He mustered up the only solution he could think of at the moment, "Mr. Comet! Get in here at once!"

The dogs immediately leaped for Nova and he swiftly jumped out of the way. He ran down towards the door to get out of the throne room, Bradshaw trailed behind him. The dogs chased them down the walkway of the throne room. Comet peeked his head through the opening of the door, "Did you call on m..." Comet noticed the situation.

Nova charged at the door to get out, scared for his life, "Comet! Kill those dogs! NOW!"

Comet nodded at once, "Will do sir..."

Nova and Bradshaw Buckingham exited the room and Comet stood in the doorway. He stared at the mutaning canines with a smirk on his face. The dogs charged faster, intending to trample the golden colt. The golden horn of Comet began to twinkle, but the dogs don't catch on. Twilight and the others watch with delight as Comet is about to be run over. Comet doesn't get shook, his smirk transforms to an arrogant smile when his horn began to gleam and shine. With seconds to spare, Comet's horn bursts with a blinding light and the girls, and the dogs, all turn their heads to the side and put their paws and hooves over their forehead to sheild their eyes from the bright aura, as if a star was just formed in the cosmos. The dogs immediately halted before the light. The horn was aimed straight at the dogs. The big mutts began to whimper in cowardice despair, the girls huddled together. The light shone brighter, and brighter. Comet brightened his horn so much, he himself could no longer keep his eyes open without damaging his sight. The gleaming energy created wind, it was so powerful, everypony, and dog, felt the energy pulsing through their bodies. Finally, Comet released the breaking beam and everything went white.

When the light finally darkened, the girls opened their to see the absence of the dogs. All that was left were three smuldering pairs of empty army boots. Nova and Bradshaw trotted back through the door, sweating and panting. Comet stood there, as if nothing happened. His smile was sinister. Twilight parted strans of her mane away from her face. She couldn't believe what just happened. Rainbow began to get her strength back as she rubbed her hooves in her eyes to assure that she just witnessed, wasn't a blur. Nova Sparks laughed deviously as he approached the girls. He adjusted his glasses, "You see? When I have ponies loyal as Comet and Bradshaw Buckingham, I'm untouchable. Good work Comet, your work ALSO won't go un-noticed."

Twilight snapped back with a quick response, "Face it. You were squirming like the worm you are. Those were only three dogs. Imagine if your entire army was flipped against you."

"That is why I will not allow you to live much longer." Sparks responded.

He looked at a clock on the wall. He turned to his loyal comrades, "Well gentlecolts, I do believe it's about time we head off to the lab. Would you two please accompany these fillies?"

Comet and Bradshaw nodded gladly. As the girls were pushed to start walking, Rainbow asked them, "Where are you guys taking us?"

Nova's glasses reflected light as he tilted his head down, "...To your Princess my dear."

Rainbow and Applejack expressed a relieved look on their faces, but Twilight showed concern, "What are you going to do to her?"

Nova looked back and smiled at her, "Well, I am insulted. Do you not trust me Twilight?"

Twilight glared at him, "Actually trust was the very last thing on my mind."

He laughed, "Hush up now. You'll see, soon enough."

Nova directed them all through the halls of the castle, the decor had changed drastically. Everything that had stood for Equestria freedom was gone. There were now only paintings, pictures, and philosophy propaganda, referring to science, communism, and chaos theories. They were everywhere, posted on the walls of the palace. Nova kept shooting his mouth off about his future plans for Equestria. The girls just rolled their eyes at his enormous ego. It wasn't until about fifteen minutes that they got to this stairwell in the very back of the castle, that lead to a basement. It looked like it went down quite a long ways. It was also very dark, so Nova ordered Comet to light the way down with his horn. The power greedy ponies lead the girls downstairs. At the very bottom, stood a large, metal door with a security code to input. Nova entered the password and opened the door to a huge laboratory. As a normal lab would, it had white steel walls, grey tile floors, high powered lighting systems, it was a cliché lab. There were scientists everywhere, that wore the traditional white lab coat, and goggles. Although, what really stood out in the room, was the most insane contraption the girls had ever seen. It was massive. About three times the size of a stagecoach. On each side of the machine, there was a pod, for which a pony could enter. In the center were the controls for the elaboration. Complicated combinations of buttons and knobs. The girls were shocked and amazed. Twilight most of all, she couldn't imagine something so detailed. Nova stood in front of it proudly, got up on his two back-hooves and spread his front ones out, "This!...This, is the answer to my redemption. I spent months, and months designing it. Calculating it's chemistry, and machinary."

Twilight kept staring at it in astonishment, "What is it? I don't understand."

Sparks laughed at the question and got back on all fours, "Twilight Sparkle, this is a magic transfuser. I will be using it to get back my horn which I have lived many important years without. I must also add that I have the most fitting volunteer for the mission as well. Gentlecolts? If you could be so kind, as too step from behind the machine."

Two scientists, and a dog appeared from behind the transfuser...accompanying the Princess. The girls became vigilant and their hearts sank. Twilight struggled forward, as well as AJ and Dash, "You better not hurt her! I won't...Let you!"

Comet and Bradshaw held them back. The Princess looked awful. Hurt, tired, in a catatonic state. Twilight tried to break through to her, "Princess Celestia! It's me! Twilight Sparkle! Your most faithful student...(Twilight began to tear up) Please...Listen to me."

Celestia didn't react, she looked exhausted. Twilight was worried. She continued, "Can you hear me? Please! (She begged) Please don't do this to her. Take me! Not her."

Nova Sparks looked at her, with a sadistic grin, "I see that you are still quite loyal to your former regime. I am sorry Miss Sparkle, but I want the best possible horn. Besides, you'll be dead soon anyways. Gentlecolts! Let us commence our operations of the evening. My long awaited re-initiated status of a Unicorn has come. You two, please place Celestia in the pod on the right. I shall take the left. One of you activate the hydrogen pump, open the vents, the pods have been 100% sterilzed right?"

One scientist, who was operating the controls, nodded. More scientists looked over Nova Sparks, examining his size, colors, they washed and rubbed down the spot on his forehead where his horn will reform. Nova and Celestia were equipped with white coats, and goggles. Nova was prepared and halted in front of his pod for one more statement, "Listen to what I say Miss Sparkle, this is the real world, I win..."

Twilight angerly denied the comment, "You'll see one day that all the power you have will all come crashing on you. We all have our weaknesses, and you should know, the bigger they are, the harder they fall..."

Nova responded from inside the clear, glass pod, "I have no time to listen to your silly cliché's, I have a date with destiny! I want Mr. Comet to pull the lever!"

Comet approached the machine and glowed his horn to hold the clutch of the lever, "You ready sir?"

Nova turned to the scientist operating it, "Have you finished your overview Mr. Tavors? Everything cranked and pushed to precise order? I do not want any buck ups at this point."

Tavors, the head scientist nodded and replied gladly, "Whenever your ready Mr. Sparks, it's your call, we've incapacitated Celestia so far that it was safe to remove the magic repellant cone from her horn. Although we have a short window of opportunity before she comes to."

The corrupted leader nodded, "Very well. Farewell comrades! Say good-bye to this Earth pony, prepare to meet once again, Nova Sparks, the Unicorn...Throw the switch Comet!"

The machine was activated. Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow could do nothing as they were held back and chained. So they just had to watch in vain. Strange noises started inside the transfuser. It sounded like an old computer booting up. Then from each side of the machine, appeared huge body scanners. With help from robotic arms, they moved up and down over the pods with Nova and Celestia. It did this process three times and then the scanners disappeared inside the sides of the machine. There were two big display screens adjacent to each other where the controls were. One showed the Princess's figure, the other, Nova's. Then all of a sudden, the two pods began to fill with this smoke-like substance. It shrouded their bodies and the clear pods, went grey and cloudy. There were two electrical conductors that started reacting with one another. Lightning bolts were exchanged between the two. Visible gears on the contraption spun, very fast. Now it sounded like a very large microwave. Tavors inputted more combinations and two giant archs lowered from the top of the machine. They were big enough to descend themselves over each pod. Once both archs were in place, Tavors pushed a big, red button, turned a key, then stood away from the transfuser. The large, metal archs were connected to each other with modified metal wiring, to conduct great power. Both of the wires met, and they combined to create one large cable that lead to the motherboard of the machine. Nova felt excited and screamed from inside the pod. Surprisingly enough to be heard on the outside, "Hear me, my Equestrians! My time has come! I can feel the power flowing through my veins!"

Finally, the large cable released a surge of energy through the pods. Incredible energy that made both ponies scream. Although Nova screamed with delight, where as the Princess screamed in agonizing pain. Twilight tried to push forward, crying pitifully, "Princess Celestia! Please stop it! Please, I beg you! Stop!"

Bradshaw smacked her to shut up. She looked back and cried unmercifully. The machine now sounded like a band saw. The archs, sparked with electricity and the pods shook with surging power. the lights dimmed and flashed, time to time. Rainbow Dash and Applejack looked to one another and didn't know what to think. AJ took off her hat and placed it over her heart and put her free arm around Rainbow. The screams of Celestia pierced through Twilight Sparkles heart like a knife. It was unbearable. Finally, the machine started to calm down. There were no more screams. The machine was smoking, electrical feedback, sparked from the control board. The screens were fuzzy, cutting in and out. The transfusers engine has stopped. The only sounds, are the sounds of malfunctioning technology. Now they had to wait for their specimens to emerge. It was nothing but dead silence in the room, only sounds of the machine. That, and the subtle sobs of Twilight, for her beloved mentor. Sweat poured from everypony. Nova's ponies for him, the girls for their true leader. Both doors of each pod opened automatically. The gas substance, poured out over the floor. Electrical sparks, still exploding from the controls and huge archs. One pony stepped from the pods. Exhausted, decimated, panting, gasping for air, struggled to remain standing...and grinned...nefariously.

[...To be continued]