• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 1,792 Views, 101 Comments

Welcome to Ponyville! - CharcoalShift



A series about A Stallion named Charcoal and how he meets the lively Ponies in Ponyville

  • ...
8
 101
 1,792

Unrelenting Anger

Discord couldn't help but chuckle as he watched Charcoal writhe in sorrow through a magical projection for all to see. Shadow Blast and the others were mortified as they saw the dark stallion break down in front of the lifeless body.

"What brainwashing can do to a pony. Works wonders really. Means I won't get my hands dirty." Discord makes a chaotic grin.

"You're a monster! A straight up monster!" Applejack yelled

"I am, aren't I? That IS what you made me out to be, so I started to act like one after I gave it a bit of thought." he floats around the six ponies, claws behind his head "And I gotta say, this is much more fun than playing by some silly rules to 'keep the balance'." The group had a hard time keeping it together. Fluttershy couldn't stop crying at all, Rarity had fainted and hasn't stood up for five minutes, Pinkie Pie was despondent, her poofy hair going flat and dull, Rainbow Dash grit her teeth in fury, ready to blow her top, and Applejack was simply distraught and hurt to see Charcoal in agony.

"You only have three hours left ponies, before you all are at my mercy." Discord laughs. Rainbow Dash suddenly flew after him and tried to buck him in the face. Her efforts were in vain, as Discord side stepped and removed her wings with a snap of his fingers, letting her crash into the floor. She slowly picked herself up and continued to charge him, despite the loss of her wings. He then grabs her by the neck and picks her up.

"You always were a wild one Rainbow Dash, but you really need to simmer down!" he slams her to the floor, immediately knocking her unconscious.

"Rainbow Dash!" Shadow gallops towards the knocked out pony. She sees a trickle of blood falling from the cyan mare's lips.

Twilight sat on a bench, waiting for Charcoal to arrive since the train doesn't leave for another ten minutes. She looks up at the sky, wondering how everything just changed so quickly and went to hell like the way it did. She could only hope that the others are okay, and that she could make it in time to stop Discord. The air around her began to chill, causing her to shiver slightly, as if a strange presence was approaching. The lavender mare turned to see Charcoal slowly trotting towards her, his head hung low.

"Charcoal! Is everything okay?" She asked a bit worryingly. There was a long pause before the traumatized stallion muttered a few words.

"I'm gonna kill him..."

"You're going to what?.." Twilight felt a surge go down her spine as she heard the coldness of his words. He looked up, his eyes having blackened veins surrounding them, and the irises changed colors from the jade green that he naturally had to a lime green with a slight purple hue outlining the pupils. She gasped, as this was a sure sign of dark magic at work. Though she was slightly relieved that he can't use magic, Twilight is unsure about the effects of holding all of that dark energy in.

"C-Charcoal... you need to c-calm down." A sharp glare was shot at her. The pure hatred he had for the omnipotent being that caused all of this only fueled his motivation from this point to stop him, by any means necessary. He boarded the train and headed towards the back, leaving Twilight to sit in the front, frightened and uneasy.

"Tick tock, said the clock, for time cannot simply stop. Where the heroes of this broken world they try to mend, they resist facing their... inevitable... end." Discord rhymed with an eerie tone in his voice, tracing minute and hour hands onto the dark clouds. Rarity finally came to, and Fluttershy was able to be consoled by Shadow and Applejack. Rainbow Dash was still unconscious, and Pinkie Pie only stood there, her hair covering her eyes and giving no expression at all. It was as if life was sucked right out from under her. Shadow looks at her and puts a hoof on her shoulder.

"Pinkie... everything is going to be ok..."

"She's dead... He made Charcoal kill her..." Pinkie whispered "Nopony should suffer like that..." Discord would only scoff at the remark.

"You knew that death was going to happen at one point, so don't at like it was such a terrible thing.” At this point Pinkie flipped and chucked a knife that she had hidden on her. The blade grazed Discord's cheek, making him bleed a little.

"Ironic how you all call ME the monster." He points his claw in her direction and zaps a strait-jacket on her. Pinkie fought with all her might, tears pouring down her cheeks. Twilight was the first out of the station when the train arrived. She decided to leave Charcoal alone after the silent outburst he gave her back at Canterlot. She galloped as fast as she could towards Ponyville, hoping to Celestia that everything was okay. Her eyes widened to see everyone in a mess, and Discord grinning as he clapped.

"Well done, and with only twenty minutes to spare too!" he chuckled.

"What have you done to my friends?!" She yelled

"Well I didn't do a thing at first. I just gave them front row seats to a tragedy that happened at Canterlot." Discord stroked the hair from his chin, letting the realization sink in for Twilight as she saw the magical projection that was still up. It was paused at the sight of the dead mare, giving a clear view of her face. Twilight covered her mouth in horror, knowing that she played a role in her demise.

"Two of your friends did try to interfere with my plans though..." he turned towards the group "And for that, all of you must suffer a penalty."

"That wasn't part of the agreement!" Shadow grunted

"But then again, I AM the god of chaos. I could do what I want!" he booms "And for that, I say that your punishment is... starting the game over!" he raises his claws in their direction, a ball of light forming around it.

"It can't be!" Rarity shouted "This is madness!" Discord laughed as loud as he could

"Madness you say?! THIS! IS!.... well you all get the picture here." The ball of light begins to flash, and everypony screams for their lives.

"DISCORD!" a yell bellowed out of nowhere. The light was dispersed, and the group remained the same, memory intact and all. Discord turned around and saw Charcoal, his horn covered with a black, mucky aura. His eyes were now covered black and his pupils a bright purple and crimson red.

"Well now, this has been a turn of events." The God of Chaos crossed his arms. Twilight looks on, seeing Charcoal being taken over by the dark magic. With all the access of magic built within him, the dark energy was able to consume him much quicker.

"Twi... What's wrong with Charcoal...?” Applejack said.

"It's the dark magic..." Twilight sighed, saying nothing more. The hate filled eyes of the dark stallion shook the country mare to the very core. She couldn't recognize the same handypony she fell in love with. Discord hovers to the ground and smirks.

"What's that dark magic gonna do you?" he points his claw at Charcoal "Absolutely nothing!"

"DISCORD!" Charcoal roars as he charges towards him, Discord firing a surge of energy from his claw as he does so.