• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 1,791 Views, 101 Comments

Welcome to Ponyville! - CharcoalShift



A series about A Stallion named Charcoal and how he meets the lively Ponies in Ponyville

  • ...
8
 101
 1,791

Shades of Pink and Blue

Several moments had passed since Applejack had bucked Rarity across the face. Charcoal still sat next to Sweetie Belle, and Applejack stood hunched over next to Rarity.

"Is my sister gonna be alright?" Sweetie Belle looks at Charcoal, who wonders the same thing himself. He looks at Applejack, waiting for a response to the same question, but she just shrugs and keeps her eyes back on Rarity.

"Yew can stop faking it now." she says bluntly. Rarity twitches and opens one eye.

"W-Where am I?" The dazed mare leans up and looks around "And why is my vision so blurry?" When Charcoal and Sweetie Belle take a good look at the fashion pony, their faces cringe in shock and pain. Rarity looks at the two of them in surprise.

"What is it? Is there something on my face?" She turns towards Applejack, who holds up a mirror. Rarity takes a good look at her reflection and sees a black spot on her right eye that has swelled up. She gasped loudly and pats her face all over repeatedly.

"My face! What happened to my beautiful face?!" she cries

"Well yew wouldn't shut up... so..." Applejack trails off. Rarity turns towards her with the most evil glare no pony has ever given before.

"How dare you! In all my days that we've been friends, how could you do this to me?!"

"Now now, nothin' a little bit of yer makeup can't fix." The farm pony waves a hoof

"Makeup?! The swelling will take weeks to go down!" The two get into an argument once again, leaving the other two to facehoof to all the angst and incessant bickering.

Pinkie trots ever closer to the mentally broken Fluttershy with sudden blood lust. Shadow is frozen in fear, watching as the yellow mare backs up onto the table and her face changing from psychotic madness, to terror and complete paranoia. Pinkie grabs Fluttershy suddenly and ties her down to the table. She then looks around and grabs a butcher knife from the floor.

"Now... which part of you should I use for my cupcakes?" Pinkie passes her tongue along the edge of the knife.

"Please... Please no...!" Fluttershy pleads for her life, her face now riddled with tears. Shadow tried to say something, but she felt like she had a knot in her throat. Like something was suffocating her with all the tension in the air. Pinkie passes the knife along the pegasus' fur, forcing her to feel the tingling sensation.

"There's nothing we can do to fix you... It's a shame" Pinkie's voice turned monotonic "But at least you'll be in everyone's hearts..... and stomachs...” she lifts the butcher knife into the air and prepares to swing down. Shadow musters up the nerve to move.

"No Pinkie!" The knife comes down and cleaves at the table. Fluttershy passes out from shock and Shadow stands there in surprise. The knife is stuck on the table, right next to Fluttershy's body. Pinkie gently smiles and her hair slowly starts to poof back.

"You though I was gonna kill her weren't you?" Pinkie said, turning to Shadow. She couldn't lie, she thought Pinkie was actually gonna go through with it. Shadow and Pinkie had freed all the animals from the chains and tried to clean up the area the best they could. They removed all of the bonding equipment and wiped all the blood from the walls. They didn't know who the blood belonged to due to the lack of bodies they couldn't find, so they didn't put too much thought into it. Once Fluttershy came to, she was lying on the couch.

"Wha... Where am I?" her eyes opened up and she gave a little shriek "Where are the animals?! Are they ok? Oh dear... I had the most horrible nightmare..."

"Fluttershy everything's A-ok here! We stopped by to see if you were alright and fill you in on what's happening." Pinkie points outside to all the chaos that has been rampaging for the past 36 hours.

"Oh my, then we best get going! We have a lot to do!" Fluttershy jumps up, but wobbles a bit, still recovering from her recent endeavor. As she walks out, Pinkie stops at the door and looks at Shadow.

"H-how?" was all that Shadow said to the party pony.

"When you've been alone for as long as I have... you learn to control the insanity inside." Pinkie smiles "Don't worry about it though Shady. I won't let it happen again."

"Again...?" Pinkie walks out and catches up with Fluttershy.

Applejack and Charcoal sits outside while Rarity covers up the "blemish" she has on her face. Charcoal ponders the next move and figures out where Twilight could be.

"Hey Applejack, has Twilight lived in the Library for very long?" he stares straight ahead.

"Nah. Ah mean, she's lived there fer a couple a years, but before that she lived in Canterlot with her family." Charcoal lets out a deep sigh. He's forced to return to a place he loathes, and the handypony isn't thrilled at all. Applejack leans on him and nuzzles under his chin.

"It's okay Charky. Ah'm gonna be there with you."

"No, you won't" Charcoal looked down, closing his eyes. "We need all six of you at the square before the three days are up. Who knows what can happen? We nearly escaped the orchard thanks to Discord interfering." The country mare silently nods. Charcoal stands up and turns towards her.

"I'll be back as quick as I can. And don't worry, I'll be okay." he smiles. Applejack kisses him and wraps her hooves around his shoulders. Charcoal's face flushed as she pulled away and covered her blushing face with her hat. He gallops off to the train station and Rarity opens the door, her face covered in obvious white makeup.

"Where is Charcoal going?" Applejack stands and begins to trot forward.

"Ta get Twilight. We have to get to Ponyville square."

"Why?" Rarity pouts.

"Must ya question everything?"

Pinkie, Shadow, and Fluttershy plan their strategy on turning Rainbow Dash back to normal. The only problem is finding her, since she tends to wander around a lot.

"How can we get to Rainbow Dash? I don't see her resting in her usual cloud." Pinkie pulls out binoculars from who knows where and looks around.

"Maybe she's at Cloudsdale... Um... That is if she's even there." Fluttershy hides her face with her locks of pink hair.

"We need to get her down here." Shadow mulls it over and gets an idea "And I think I know just how to do it!" The purple pegasus motions Fluttershy over and whispers something in her ear. She flies off to Cloudsdale, leaving Pinkie to look at Shadow in confusion.

"Where is she going? Aren't we supposed to look for Rainbow Dash?"

"That's exactly what she's doing." Shadow replied with a smirk. It wasn't even moments later that a colorful bolt shot down from the clouds, landing in front of the two mares.

"All right, which one of you two dunder heads said I was an incompetent flier?" Rainbow Dash snarled.

"I didn't say that. All I said was that you couldn't complete a simple feat cause you might get a boo boo." Shadow cocked her head up high, looking down on the infuriated mare.

"But Shady, you didn't say any--"

"Shush." Shadow quickly turned in Pinkies direction, motioning her to keep quiet.

"I can pull off any challenge you throw at me!" Rainbow stomped a hoof.

"Alright." Shadow points to a boulder, several feet away from where they stand "You see that. I want you to fly at it at full speed, and then dodge it right before crashing into it." Rainbow turns and looks at the said boulder. She smiles and is determined to prove Shadow that she can do it.

"You're on!" The sky blue pegasus turns and positions herself.

There was a brief silence as Shadow and Pinkie looked at Rainbow just before she took off. She began to pick up speed, getting ever closer to the stony post. Just as she's about to make the hairpin turn,

Shadow cries out "Hey is that the Wonderbolts over there?!"

"Where?!" Rainbow quickly moves her head sideways, ignoring the turn and colliding with the boulder with such force that it split in two. Pinkie couldn't help but cringe in pain as she now sees her best friend knocked out cold by her own folly.

"Shady, how could you do that?!" Pinkie yelled. She turns back to Rainbow, who seems to look dead, a slight trickle of blood leaking from her mouth.

"She'll be fine." Shadow said, trotting over. Fluttershy finally arrives from Cloudsdale holding a medical kit. Pinkie looks at her and panics.

"Fluttershy! Rainbow flew... and then Shady... and then BOOM! and and..."

"Calm down Pinkie. I knew about all of this." Fluttershy said calmly. Shadow stands next to Rainbow and pokes her side.

"Come on you blue bomber, you're gonna be fine." Rainbow leans up and groans, holding her head.

"Oh man... I got a wicked headache..." She pats her mouth and looks at the red stain on her hoof "Am I bleeding?" Fluttershy tends to her wounds and Shadow looks up at the sky.

"I knew she was a hard head." she giggles. Shadow then turns to Rainbow "We have a lot of catching up to do. Can you walk?" Rainbow Dash nods. They group together, making their way to Ponyville square to meet up with the rest of the gang.